PDA

View Full Version : Hud on OOB

TrapGame
12-18-2017, 01:45 PM
Did anyone else catch Hud on with Bo this am?

Good interview. I was really impressed with Hud. He spoke very highly of his fellow coaches and really pumped up Huff. He marveled at all the changes on campus since he was last there. He talked about the recruiting gravitas of this staff and it sounded to me that it was a swipe at Dan's lack of relentless effort on the recruiting trail.

Maroonthirteen
12-18-2017, 02:17 PM
I heard it. I thought it was a good interview. My only take away was he seemed glad to be “home”.

SDDawg
12-18-2017, 02:17 PM
I can't wait to go back and listen to this later today.

ShotgunDawg
12-18-2017, 02:23 PM
That’s the 2nd time I’ve heard HUD on the radio this week and find it interesting how Moorhead is allowing an assistant this much air time.

I don’t remember Mullen assistants being allowed on radio shows and I know Saban doesnt allow it.

Not sure what to make of it but do find it interesting

Commercecomet24
12-18-2017, 02:31 PM
That’s the 2nd time I’ve heard HUD on the radio this week and find it interesting how Moorhead is allowing an assistant this much air time.

I don’t remember Mullen assistants being allowed on radio shows and I know Saban doesnt allow it.

Saban and Mullen are micromanagers and control freaks. Perhaps Coach JoMo hires good coaches and lets them do their jobs and have a little more freedom. I see this same in businesses everyday. Both ways can work but the second way creates a better work environment.

LC Dawg
12-18-2017, 02:32 PM
Saban and Mullen are dickheads. Perhaps Coach JoMo hires good coaches and lets them do their jobs and have a little more freedom. I see this same in businesses everyday. Both ways can work but the second way creates a better work environment.

FIFY

IMissJack
12-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Saban and Mullen are micromanagers and control freaks. Perhaps Coach JoMo hires good coaches and lets them do their jobs and have a little more freedom. I see this same in businesses everyday. Both ways can work but the second way creates a better work environment.

I wouldn't mind having this Saban problem.

Commercecomet24
12-18-2017, 03:00 PM

Lol yeah definitely a good problem to have.

Commercecomet24
12-18-2017, 03:01 PM

Rep Given!

12-18-2017, 05:01 PM
Coach-in-waiting. Learn the offense and when Moorhead moves on, Hud is the guy. That was originally the plan with Danny Glover but he ran him off, along with a number of good recruits.

bulldogcountry1
12-18-2017, 05:03 PM
With the way Saban acts at press conferences, I'm surprised he doesn't pawn off as much media stuff as contractually possible.

Seems like, if a HC had 3-4 assistants that can give a good interview, then that would free up a lot of time for him. It's probably just some alpha male thing, though, where they have to get all the attention.

Homedawg
12-18-2017, 05:09 PM
Coach-in-waiting. Learn the offense and when Moorhead moves on, Hud is the guy. That was originally the plan with Danny Glover but he ran him off, along with a number of good recruits.

here we go again............................................. ........................................

ATTILLA THE DOG
12-18-2017, 05:26 PM
here we go again............................................. ........................................

Had we hired hud instead of danny no stones,we would be better of today

RocketDawg
12-18-2017, 05:27 PM
I heard it. I thought it was a good interview. My only take away was he seemed glad to be “home”.

I know he was fired at ULL, but is he taking a big pay cut to be at MSU? I have no idea what they were paying him.

Cooterpoot
12-18-2017, 05:36 PM
The damn man crushes on Hud need to stop. It's getting creepy.

shoeless joe
12-18-2017, 05:36 PM

I remember hearing manny Diaz do a radio interview his second go round

Homedawg
12-18-2017, 05:56 PM

That's your opinion. Not a fact.

was21
12-18-2017, 06:14 PM
yep and everybody has one....too much dirt....hopefully some FCS school will give him a HC...don't want him for HC at State. Too bad he got his foot in the door.

Commercecomet24
12-18-2017, 06:17 PM
I like Hud as assistant and for his recruiting, would not like to see him as our head coach.

ATTILLA THE DOG
12-18-2017, 06:34 PM
That's your opinion. Not a fact.

How is it not a fact,how many recruits and games did danny boy lose job pimping instead
of doing his job.That is a fact like it or not.

Coach34
12-18-2017, 07:00 PM
Mark is a really good football coach and we are lucky to have him back. Would love to see him stay a few years and then get another HC job somewhere else. Hud > Gonzo

msbulldog
12-18-2017, 07:07 PM
The damn man crushes on Hud need to stop. It's getting creepy.

Damn cooter, which way is your mind going? LOL

msbulldog
12-18-2017, 07:13 PM
I like Hud as assistant and for his recruiting, would not like to see him as our head coach.

Somebody will hire him as a HC, He's been successful everywhere he's been. He was cleared by the NCAA in the Saunders mess. He's real good at his job.

Spiderman
12-18-2017, 07:37 PM

OMG

Spiderman
12-18-2017, 07:39 PM
I remember hearing manny Diaz do a radio interview his second go round

Grantham was on radio shows. Collins was, Brewster was, Brian Johnson was, Diaz was too.

Nobody probably requested any of the others.

was21
12-18-2017, 07:59 PM
No....you're wrong...there's no nexus there

was21
12-18-2017, 08:06 PM
Mark is a really good football coach and we are lucky to have him back. Would love to see him stay a few years and then get another HC job somewhere else. Hud > Gonzo

If he stays "a few years" he won't be hired as a HC again. Nobody wants a hanger on.

Coach34
12-18-2017, 08:41 PM
If he stays "a few years" he won't be hired as a HC again. Nobody wants a hanger on.

Chad Morriss was at Clemson 4 years
Mark Richt was at Fla State for 11 years
Kirby Smart was at Bammer 8 years
Matt Luke was at OM for 4 years in 2 different stints
Ed Orgeron was a career assistant
Mark Stoops was a career assistant

Shall I continue to prove you wrong?

BiscuitEater
12-18-2017, 09:33 PM
So far, we have a HC + 5 assistants. 4 of 6 have previous ‘head coach’ experience.

bulldawg28
12-18-2017, 09:45 PM

Crack is a hell of a drug!

bulldawg28
12-18-2017, 09:47 PM
So far, we have a HC + 5 assistants. 4 of 6 have previous ‘head coach’ experience.

Jackie Wayne had a staff of 3 HC's, it didn't work out. You almost have to expect change as someone will leave to pursue that dream again.

was21
12-19-2017, 06:58 AM
Chad Morriss was at Clemson 4 years
Mark Richt was at Fla State for 11 years
Kirby Smart was at Bammer 8 years
Matt Luke was at OM for 4 years in 2 different stints
Ed Orgeron was a career assistant
Mark Stoops was a career assistant

Shall I continue to prove you wrong?

Not to belabor my point, but with the exception of Ogre, none of those had been HC before. Hudspeth was. Obviously I'm not a fan of his as a coach at State. Other than that hope he DOES get a HC job....somewhere else