PDA

View Full Version : The Oregon women's bb team...

preachermatt83
12-18-2017, 11:01 AM
That we just beat like a drum, beat OM by 44 last night. Goodness

Bully13
12-18-2017, 11:17 AM

Preach it Preach!!!

Cooterpoot
12-18-2017, 11:25 AM
And one of our signees (White) dropped 69, 19 and 7 the other night too.

Tbonewannabe
12-18-2017, 11:31 AM
We have a great chance to win it all this year. We now have the experience of playing for the National Title and know we can beat teams like UConn. This team is fun to watch. We just need to make sure Stricklin doesn't try to steal any more of our coaches.

Uncle Ruckus
12-18-2017, 11:39 AM
And one of our signees (White) dropped 69, 19 and 7 the other night too.

I?ll be surprised if she makes it 4 years. She doesn?t have the same problems Ameshya has, but she is a problem. Think Gary Ervin with Renardo?s work ethic. She walked off the court in a HS summer game this past year and quit the team because she didn?t get the ball when she wanted it. That being said, I watched her drop the 69 and she has All-American talent. She knows how to handle her body better than any big girl I’ve seen

Tbonewannabe
12-18-2017, 11:41 AM
I’ll be surprised if she makes it 4 years. She doesn’t have the same problems Ameshya has, but she is a problem. Think Gary Ervin with Renardo’s work ethic.

Vic doesn't seem to put up with any shit, example: Morgan in the title game last year. If anyone can get someone to straighten up, I trust Vic.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-18-2017, 11:53 AM
I?ll be surprised if she makes it 4 years. She doesn?t have the same problems Ameshya has, but she is a problem. Think Gary Ervin with Renardo?s work ethic. She walked off the court in a HS summer game this past year and quit the team because she didn?t get the ball when she wanted it. That being said, I watched her drop the 69 and she has All-American talent. She knows how to handle her body better than any big girl I’ve seen

It'll get better with maturity. This is typical of players who are good and have been told they are good their whole life. Seems like I heard a similar story last year about Myah Taylor and not getting the ball enough to her liking.

RocketDawg
12-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Does OM still have their "plus-size" gals?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-18-2017, 12:10 PM
Does OM still have their "plus-size" gals?

Yep.

msbulldog
12-18-2017, 01:38 PM
We have a great chance to win it all this year. We now have the experience of playing for the National Title and know we can beat teams like UConn. This team is fun to watch. We just need to make sure Stricklin doesn't try to steal any more of our coaches.

If he steals Shaefer I will personally go shoot the MF.

SDDawg
12-18-2017, 02:19 PM
Strickland ain't a threat for Vic - I only worry about a couple of schools for him and UF isn't one of those.

IMissJack
12-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Strickland ain't a threat for Vic - I only worry about a couple of schools for him and UF isn't one of those.

A&M is the worry for Vic. Their coach is near retirement and Vic was assistant on NC team at A&M.

fader2103
12-18-2017, 02:50 PM
We met Myah Taylor in Jackson at the MSU women's bball meet and greet. She was very sweet also the girl from down under Chloe Bibby, but the most personable by far was Coach Carly Thibault-DuDonis...and very easy on the eyes too.

MedDawg
12-18-2017, 03:20 PM

I went the MSU-Oregon game and now have tickets to see our MSU women play the OM women in Oxford. Enjoyed a few trips to Oxford to see Stansbury's teams win in the Hub Cap. Now I'll get to see a Schaefer team win in their new building.

missouridawg
12-18-2017, 03:28 PM

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-18-2017, 03:46 PM
If he steals Shaefer I will personally go shoot the MF.

I wish you wouldn't have said that....That's a little excessive

RocketDawg
12-18-2017, 03:52 PM

Tennessee, Baylor, .... Not sure he would leave though. Of course, I didn't think Mullen would leave either, at least like he did.

Tbonewannabe
12-18-2017, 03:57 PM

Maybe he just meant with a high powered paint ball gun to the nuts.

ScottH
12-18-2017, 04:05 PM
If he stays, the human ventriloquist dummy will put a serviceable team on the floor in Oxford.

He is certainly no Vic but they could have hired worse.

The previous staff was a train wreck and left a dumpster fire.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Maybe he just meant with a high powered paint ball gun to the nuts.

That'll work

Dental Dawg
12-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Ole Miss will probably try and break our players ankles when we play them.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-18-2017, 04:47 PM
Hell he is in season 5 now. How long will it take?

Lord McBuckethead
12-18-2017, 05:21 PM
lot of beef to overpower down there. Not big on conditioning either.

Ari Gold
12-18-2017, 05:26 PM
I?ll be surprised if she makes it 4 years. She doesn?t have the same problems Ameshya has, but she is a problem. Think Gary Ervin with Renardo?s work ethic. She walked off the court in a HS summer game this past year and quit the team because she didn?t get the ball when she wanted it. That being said, I watched her drop the 69 and she has All-American talent. She knows how to handle her body better than any big girl I?ve seen

Ok..

Hugh's Hooker
12-19-2017, 02:59 PM
do we really care about women's basketball this much?

Spiderman
12-19-2017, 07:24 PM

I'd love them to win it all, but 'd be lying if I said I would rather have that than a top 15 men's team who wins the SEC every now and then

preachermatt83
12-19-2017, 08:21 PM

I do. I'm not sure abt others but I love women's hoops. Especially States

msbulldog
12-20-2017, 07:08 AM

Yeah your right, shouldn't have said that. It just seems like over the years Florida is always stealing our coaches and it is very aggravating.

Cooterpoot
12-20-2017, 07:53 AM
I'd love them to win it all, but 'd be lying if I said I would rather have that than a top 15 men's team who wins the SEC every now and then

That’s crazy thinking. The SEC isn’t even a good men’s conference.

Quaoarsking
12-20-2017, 08:10 AM

Luckily, we're probably going to have both in a few years.

Uncle Ruckus
12-27-2017, 07:15 PM
Ok..
I know you know everything, so I understand your doubt. But do you care to tell me why she’s sitting out tonight? And it has nothing to do with basketball.

Dawg61
12-27-2017, 08:01 PM
I?ll be surprised if she makes it 4 years. She doesn?t have the same problems Ameshya has, but she is a problem. Think Gary Ervin with Renardo?s work ethic. She walked off the court in a HS summer game this past year and quit the team because she didn?t get the ball when she wanted it. That being said, I watched her drop the 69 and she has All-American talent. She knows how to handle her body better than any big girl I?ve seen

Damn every single time there is a thread about our WBB signees there's one poster that chimes in and questions their character. This has been consistent on here and SPS. I am not saying that's always you Uncle Ruckus but let's give Vic the benefit of the doubt that he knows what he's doing and can handle it. Two years ago I thought VV had a bad attitude at times and now she's turned into a top 10 player in the country and the greatest WBB player ever at MSU. Vic can handle some spoiled attitudes.

Uncle Ruckus
12-27-2017, 08:08 PM
I hope you’re right. And as soon I type it her coach puts her in. She’s supposed to be serving a 2 games suspension. She was on the bench in no gear and regular shoes. Her coach was waiting until this tournament to serve her suspension because they should be able to get through it. Well, she was wrong and she just put her in when they fell behind. Its reasons like this why she is the way she is. She can do whatever she wants and not have to answer for her actions.

parabrave
12-27-2017, 08:23 PM

Its better basketball now. BTW go wipe your chin*

Dawg61
12-27-2017, 08:27 PM
Its reasons like this why she is the way she is. She can do whatever she wants and not have to answer for her actions.

It's high school and it's this way for literally every sport both sexes. She'll adapt or figure it out just like the last 10,000 before her or she'll fade away. It's part of growing up as a star athlete.

Uncle Ruckus
12-27-2017, 09:09 PM
It's high school and it's this way for literally every sport both sexes. She'll adapt or figure it out just like the last 10,000 before her or she'll fade away. It's part of growing up as a star athlete.
Get that shit out of here. It’s not like that at every school or every sport. Some coaches don’t put players above the team.

Dawg61
12-27-2017, 11:01 PM
Get that shit out of here. It’s not like that at every school or every sport. Some coaches don’t put players above the team.

Maybe not every coach/every team but growing up odds are every star athlete will get preferential treatment at some point. Some don't handle it well then but that doesn't mean they can't figure out how to handle themselves better later on.