PDA

View Full Version : Hal Mumme

Fader21
12-17-2017, 10:37 PM
Will be named OC at Jackson State.

Todd4State
12-17-2017, 11:00 PM
I hope it works for him at Jackson State because I want to see Tony Hughes do well.

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Interesting

I like it.

HaggardDawg
12-17-2017, 11:13 PM
Mumme is kind of arrogant and a name dropper but I find his show with John Bond fascinating. I could listen to those two tell stories all day. I didn?t realize how connected Mumme is in the pro and college football community.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-17-2017, 11:35 PM
I witnessed something in person earlier this week that John Bond did that made me lose all respect for him. I won't listen anymore. Makes me sick to my stomach.

WeWonItAll(Most)
12-17-2017, 11:47 PM
I witnessed something in person earlier this week that John Bond did that made me lose all respect for him. I won't listen anymore. Makes me sick to my stomach.

Go on?

BuckyIsAB****
12-18-2017, 12:03 AM

Pics or it didnt happen

BuckyIsAB****
12-18-2017, 12:03 AM
Mumme drawing another check baby. Mumme should be thrown in jail for grand theft after his last couple coaching jobs. He has got to be the luckiest or sorriest sob I know

Todd4State
12-18-2017, 12:06 AM
Go on?

Got caught wearing an Ole Miss sweatshirt.*******

Cooterpoot
12-18-2017, 12:11 AM
Mumme is sorry as hell. And he don?t try to hide it.

BeastMan
12-18-2017, 04:10 AM
When Tony’s deal to MSU fell apart he said screw it. I don’t think Tony or Mumme will be at JSU after next season. It’s win the SWAC or bust. Mumme getting a check from JSU is hilarious and I’m going to leave it at that. I see Mumme going full
sports radio sooner rather than later.

Bothrops
12-18-2017, 08:10 AM
I think Mumme was worse at Belhaven than the previous HC. Lol

Maroonthirteen
12-18-2017, 08:25 AM
There is always THAT Mstate fan. Always....throwing cold water.

Spiderman
12-18-2017, 08:57 AM
Mumme is kind of arrogant and a name dropper but I find his show with John Bond fascinating. I could listen to those two tell stories all day. I didn?t realize how connected Mumme is in the pro and college football community.

Why is he a name dropper. All those coaches used to flock to him at Kentucky.

From 98-2004 or so, coaches were dropping Mumme's name.

fader2103
12-18-2017, 10:55 AM
I can just imagine some of the talks that Hal Mumme and Mike Leach must of had. Two strange characters, but know there stuff.

Bully13
12-18-2017, 11:21 AM
someone fill me in on all the "Mumme is a dirt bag" shit.

also, it seems his QB that went on to the NFL for a few years is getting confused with Mumme. I did listen to that QB on 34's podcast and it's hard not to like that guy.

I find it surprising that Mumme is now the OC for Jackson State. that sounds weird. how did that happen?

Tbonewannabe
12-18-2017, 11:49 AM
When Tony’s deal to MSU fell apart he said screw it. I don’t think Tony or Mumme will be at JSU after next season. It’s win the SWAC or bust. Mumme getting a check from JSU is hilarious and I’m going to leave it at that. I see Mumme going full
sports radio sooner rather than later.

JSU has a Bama mindset when it comes to SWAC titles. It is kind of a weird situation when I talked to their fans about football. Some of them thought they would beat MSU if the game was in Jackson. I will give it to them that they probably had the best tailgating and environment of the SWAC schools.

MoreCowbell
12-18-2017, 11:06 PM
I just finished playing a year under Mumme. He is a cool dude but really surprised by this move. There is a reason he was coaching Division III.

Skydawg1
12-19-2017, 12:43 AM
JSU has a Bama mindset when it comes to SWAC titles.Southern and Grambling would wonder why JSU has such mindset.

Todd4State
12-19-2017, 01:19 AM
JSU has a Bama mindset when it comes to SWAC titles. It is kind of a weird situation when I talked to their fans about football. Some of them thought they would beat MSU if the game was in Jackson. I will give it to them that they probably had the best tailgating and environment of the SWAC schools.

Some of them thought that they would beat us in 2009 too. That's one reason why I like playing JSU and USM- we give them a reality check.

Todd4State
12-19-2017, 01:24 AM
Southern and Grambling would wonder why JSU has such mindset.

The SWAC is a weird conference. You have the Southern's and JSU's that have a lot of alumni and decent fan support but then you also have some schools like Mississippi Valley that can't really compete.

JSU does have a lot of advantages relative to their conference. They are in a large Metro area with enough talent to put togther a good team in the area alone (talking SWAC levels here), they have a lot of fan support, and thanks to Rob Jay they get a lot of attention in Jackson on the news.

At the end of the day the league is a band conference.

Dawg50
12-19-2017, 10:49 PM
I would like to see Mumme have a QB with a slinging arm ability/mindset and some fast receivers that could run under and catch some of them. Then it would look like a wise move for Tony Hughes and I would be happy for him.

Spiderman
12-19-2017, 10:52 PM
I would like to see Mumme have a QB with a slinging arm ability/mindset and some fast receivers that could run under and catch some of them. Then it would look like a wise move for Tony Hughes and I would be happy for him.

If they can find an accurate QB,with a fairly quick release, JSU will light up the SWAC

preachermatt83
12-19-2017, 10:59 PM

Wow! Care to share?? A pm would be fine. This really peaked my interest