PDA

View Full Version : Memphis East HS basketball team...

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 07:49 PM
is ranked #1 in the country playing the #13 team in the country Webster (TN) on ESPN2 right now and destroying them. Penny Hardaway is the coach. Do we have no shot ever to get a player from this school? Seems like there's a new HS basketball factory set up in Memphis right now.

Maroonthirteen
12-14-2017, 08:17 PM
My impression of Memphis basketball kids.... It would have to be a kid that none of the National brands, Mem, UT or OM wanted.

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 08:22 PM
My impression of Memphis basketball kids.... It would have to be a kid that none of the National brands, Mem, UT or OM wanted.

Well there's two big guys they got both about 6'11 that would start for us right now. One of them is just a junior. He dunked like 4 times in the first ten minutes I was watching.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-14-2017, 08:24 PM
Columbus HS and Robert Woodard played them earlier in the year and took them to OT. Woodard was a stud in that game. We have a stout recruiting class coming in. Just and FYI

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 08:34 PM
Columbus HS and Robert Woodard played them earlier in the year and took them to OT. Woodard was a stud in that game. We have a stout recruiting class coming in. Just and FYI

Love hearing this

Maroonthirteen
12-14-2017, 08:47 PM
Well there's two big guys they got both about 6'11 that would start for us right now. One of them is just a junior. He dunked like 4 times in the first ten minutes I was watching.

Gary Parrish was raving about the east players today. He was going on and on about how the UofMemphis needed to get them.

Just saying that is the battle we would face. However Memphis and OM are Nike schools. Are the kids wearing adidas? Ha!

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 09:03 PM
James Wiseman and Malcolm Dandridge are the two bigs that are impressive. They both are juniors. Wiseman we have no chance with. He's the #1 overall player in the country. Dandridge we might have a shot with but he already has offers from Florida, Bama, OM etc...

gtowndawg
12-14-2017, 09:15 PM
East has always been a GREAT basketball school. When I played at ECS in Memphis in the early nineties East was in our district. That was back when private schools still played public schools for state championships.

If anyone is familiar with the Memphis area this was our district for sports back then:

ECS
Briarcrest
Harding Academy
MUS
East
Treadwell (where Penny played - it's shut down now though)
Kinsbury
Ridgeway

I've said many times, it was probably the strangest district in America.

Liverpooldawg
12-14-2017, 09:20 PM
Love hearing this

Houlka beat Columbus the other night.

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Houlka beat Columbus the other night.

Ok??

PonderThis2
12-14-2017, 10:43 PM
Gary Parrish was raving about the east players today. He was going on and on about how the UofMemphis needed to get them.

Just saying that is the battle we would face. However Memphis and OM are Nike schools. Are the kids wearing adidas? Ha!

0% chance Memphis get anyone worth a crap in the Memphis area as long as tubby is the coach. He pissed off the wrong people and he's not willing to go to the grey area.. not just my opinion. Parrish and others have said as much.

Liverpooldawg
12-14-2017, 11:29 PM
Ok??

I was kind of vague but maybe this shows that that team from Memphis ain't as good as they, and everybody else, thinks they are. Houlka is a tiny little 1A school in Chickasaw County. They know how to play basketball though, always have.

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 11:44 PM
I was kind of vague but maybe this shows that that team from Memphis ain't as good as they, and everybody else, thinks they are. Houlka is a tiny little 1A school in Chickasaw County. They know how to play basketball though, always have.

They are ranked #1 in the country. If they are overrated they won't end the season #1. They do have two big guys I'd like to see if Howland has a chance with though.