PDA

View Full Version : How Many Boosters Will Luke Take to Corral?s House Tonight?

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2017, 10:29 AM
Seriously, this Matt Corral/Ole Miss thing is the latest in a long line of ridiculius OM recruitments.

I get that he may not fit Mullen?s offense, but why is the kid considering a dumpster fire of a program?

Why isn?t he considering A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Washington, etc? How in the world did OM get in on this guy?

Again, how many boosters will Luke take with him tonight to Corral?s house?

thf24
12-14-2017, 10:36 AM
Not that I think OM has curbed their tactics whatsoever, but I'd say it's more likely that a guy like Corral at this point in time is just entertaining OM to collect their gifts, then moving on. He'd better make sure the recording equipment is turned off during this visit, however.

MadDawg
12-14-2017, 10:40 AM
Not that I think OM has curbed their tactics whatsoever, but I'd say it's more likely that a guy like Corral at this point in time is just entertaining OM to collect their gifts, then moving on. He'd better make sure the recording equipment is turned off during this visit, however.

Certainly they would never do that. I mean the NCAA could potentially take 3 or 4 scholarships from them in 6-7 years.

msbulldog
12-14-2017, 10:43 AM
Reading the 247 Florida boards, this guy may have some non football issues.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-14-2017, 10:47 AM

Is that not the company line when you are losing someone?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-14-2017, 10:51 AM
It doesn't matter if they get him or not. Can you name the last HS QB that developed into anything at OM? Manning? This kid is obviously not too bright if he is considering OM. If he wants to go to OM his best bet is to go to JUCO for 2 years and get coached by someone that knows what the hell they are doing, then take the Bo Wallace, Chad Kelly route to OM and play in their video game offense.

TrapGame
12-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Well, it looks like officially the NCAA has set the number at one.

MetEdDawg
12-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Is that not the company line when you are losing someone?

Only if they commit to OM. Then it's usually true.

Political Hack
12-14-2017, 11:14 AM
If he goes to Ole Miss, he’s not going for football. And if he’s not going for football, it’s unlikely to work out well in the end.

Ari Gold
12-14-2017, 11:23 AM
If he goes to Ole Miss, he?s not going for football. And if he?s not going for football, it?s unlikely to work out well in the end.

Well played ..
They cult all thought he was going to decommit last weekend on his visit . He is still a gator and will prob stay one ..

CarolinaDawgs
12-14-2017, 11:27 AM

The limit does not exist.

msudawglb
12-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Well played ..
They cult all thought he was going to decommit last weekend on his visit . He is still a gator and will prob stay one ..

Yep. If Don had gotten Mayden to flip, Corral would have been gone for sure. But now, he will probably stay and be their Tyler Russell until he gets his dual threat guy.

Liverpooldawg
12-14-2017, 12:36 PM

I’m not sure what they are but he has some major off the field problems. A lot of programs, good ones, backed off.

12-14-2017, 12:37 PM
Yep. If Don had gotten Mayden to flip, Corral would have been gone for sure. But now, he will probably stay and be their Tyler Russell until he gets his dual threat guy.

Don will get fired if he doesn't find his perfect quarterback, and FAST. He didn't sign one here (Dak) until his 3rd recruiting class. He didn't truly contribute that would make Florida happy until year 6.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Don will get fired if he doesn't find his perfect quarterback, and FAST. He didn't sign one here (Dak) until his 3rd recruiting class. He didn't truly contribute that would make Florida happy until year 6.

Mullen was actually extremely lucky to have Relf on the roster when he got to MSU.

I realize Relf was raw and Mullen made him better, but Relf had the necessary Mullen tool set. Big, could run, and had enough arm.

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2017, 01:52 PM
Mullen was actually extremely lucky to have Relf on the roster when he got to MSU.

I realize Relf was raw and Mullen made him better, but Relf had the necessary Mullen tool set. Big, could run, and had enough arm.

It will be interesting to see what Mullen does. UF has:

Kyle Trask -RSoph - 3* pro-style, 6'-5" 239
Jake Allen - RFr - 3* pro-style, 6'-3" 200
Feleipe Franks - RSoph - 4* pro-style, 6'-5" 227
Luke Del Rio - RSr. - Former Bama Walk-On, 6'-1" 215

Its not like Dan is going to throw some freshman out there on purpose. He should probably go all-in on Franks for the upcoming season.

StarkVegasSteve
12-14-2017, 03:41 PM

Its not like Dan is going to throw some freshman out there on purpose. He should probably go all-in on Franks for the upcoming season.

I feel like he'll go with Del Rio. He had them going in the right direction before his injury last year

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-14-2017, 04:14 PM

Really surprised Mullen aint going hard after Gerry Bohanon

LC Dawg
12-14-2017, 04:17 PM
I feel like he'll go with Del Rio. He had them going in the right direction before his injury last year

Del Rio participated in senior night and said he was finished with football even though he was eligible for another year. This may have changed since Mullen arrived but I remembered him tweeting that and just checked to make sure I remembered correctly.

Spiderman
12-14-2017, 04:32 PM
Seriously, this Matt Corral/Ole Miss thing is the latest in a long line of ridiculius OM recruitments.

I get that he may not fit Mullen?s offense, but why is the kid considering a dumpster fire of a program?

Why isn?t he considering A&M, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Washington, etc? How in the world did OM get in on this guy?

Probably none tonight, but I bet he met a few in the lobby of the Inn last weekend on his official visit

Spiderman
12-14-2017, 04:35 PM

I really think Franks is gonna do well with Mullen. Dude is big and can run

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2017, 08:17 PM
I really think Franks is gonna do well with Mullen. Dude is big and can run

Think Tyler Russell.

I?ll be surprised if Franks is on Florida?s roster in the fall.

starkvegasdawg
12-14-2017, 08:52 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nwVO8aK.jpg

CJDAWG85
12-14-2017, 11:27 PM
I think he just flipped to OM.

bluelightstar
12-14-2017, 11:29 PM
LOL @ dave mulligan

CJDAWG85
12-14-2017, 11:32 PM
Yep confirmed... He flipped to OM.

Todd4State
12-14-2017, 11:37 PM
Yep confirmed... He flipped to OM.

Family moving to Biloxi in 3.....2......

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2017, 11:42 PM
He must’ve brought 3 or more boosters.

I get why the kid isn’t going to Florida, but as to why he choose OM is a mystery.

KB21
12-14-2017, 11:43 PM
This guy reportedly has a lot of character questions. USC dropped him after he was apparently dismissed from his previous high school for an altercation he had, and I've seen reports of him being lazy and entitled, which fits in well at Ole Miss. I think it is very likely that a lot of teams have backed off this kid, and this is an opportunity for Thug U to get a high rated prospect.

Hugh's Hooker
12-15-2017, 12:04 AM
how long until sheridan is back in oxford? i bet after signing day in february. not joking either. those shitbirds can't keep their noses clean on the recruiting trail

Cooterpoot
12-15-2017, 12:10 AM
Booted from HS, dropped by most major colleges, rumors of failed drug tests, and a social media drama queen. MachineGun Kelly 2.0 but less ability.

Dawg61
12-15-2017, 12:32 AM
apparently Ole Miss has flipped Corral the 4* QB from UF. Merry Flipmas Don Muffin

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5EtMVxIYAA2cqs.jpg

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2017, 12:39 AM
I actually just read Florida?s 247 board and they couldn?t care less. Pretty funny thread

https://florida.247sports.com/Board/14/Contents/QB-Matt-Corral-flips-to-Ole-Miss-112289603

I?m sure a big deal will be made of this kid, but he appears to be a much bigger to the media than fans or coaches

Dawg61
12-15-2017, 12:51 AM
If he went to OM it'd only be because Mullen didn't want him -- and for the life of me I can't understand why not unless it's for his off-the-field shit.

It's a retard sandwich.

First, we don't have anyone better on roster -- so even if he ''doesn't fit'', none of the current QBs fit. But Corral has the most wheels out of any of them, and is the better pure passer out of any of them.

Second, Ole Miss has lost so many players to transfers and only currently has 10 - 3*s in their next class with two players on offense.

So I guess in the end, if he wants to go play Alabama surrounded by walk-on receivers and offensive linemen that no one wanted he's free to do so.

And if Mullen doesn't want him, I hope he has a good ******* plan for someone else coming in.

Bring on the fullback who can't throw. **** this BULLSHIT

I don't know Mullen's reasoning -- but he literally never wanted Corral and I vocally blasted him for it. I just hope Mullen has another plan for neglecting the best player of our class (thus far).

They are melting, don't be fooled. Lots of crickets. Crickets ain't good.

Todd4State
12-15-2017, 01:18 AM
how long until sheridan is back in oxford? i bet after signing day in february. not joking either. those shitbirds can't keep their noses clean on the recruiting trail

Probably not long. They can't help themselves. I'll be surprised if they don't get hit again while they are on repeat violator status. Especially if Moorhead does well here- which is essentially a big reason why they are in the shape that they are in now. That's probably the best thing Dan did- he caused Ole Miss to self destruct from the inside.

mstatefan91
12-15-2017, 01:54 AM
**** Don and **** Florida. Doubly **** OM.

Ok I'm covered here.

BossDawg
12-15-2017, 02:35 AM
I?m not sure what they are but he has some major off the field problems. A lot of programs, good ones, backed off.

What sort of problems does he have?

Eta: nevermind. I read about them.

dickiedawg
12-15-2017, 04:19 AM
It?s really a mixed bag. I?m not sure how many actually believe UF didn?t want him vs just trying to make themselves feel better.

I?m torn on the matter. I?d love to think Mullen got caught with his pants down. That requires me to give Luke and co credit for signing a legit top 100 QB, which obviously I don?t want to do.

I wonder if he thinks he has Mayden in his back pocket as a fallback if he misses on a blue chip guy.

msstate7
12-15-2017, 06:20 AM
Van Jefferson and Nixon transferring. Lodge and aj will be gone after next season... Metcalf could be gone too. Even if Little does return to OM, he most likely is gone next season in addition to sims, Rawlings, and Patterson on the oline. I would be more concerned about om getting this qb last season... he will have no one to throw to or block for him in 2019

Jack Lambert
12-15-2017, 07:21 AM
It was probably a easy sell. They told him "Mullen was a RPO offense. You will not fit in with it. Patterson gone you can come in here and start on day one. If you go to any other SEC schools you will probably ride the bench for three seasons." I am sure they did not mention 5-0.

The truth of the matter is other schools with true pro set offenses are going to come after him hard now. Don't think Jimbo isn't going to come after him or even O. They run Pro Set offensive and both teams can sell him on possible NC runs. Only thing ole miss can sell him on is *****. I guess every school can.

Cooterpoot
12-15-2017, 07:27 AM
Nobody really wanted hm.

Jack Lambert
12-15-2017, 07:27 AM
I?m not sure what they are but he has some major off the field problems. A lot of programs, good ones, backed off.

Only two things are important to Ole Miss Fans. One claiming to win the party and two winning at recruiting. They havn't had much luck with QB coming out of High schools. He will help their recruiting rankings and probably had some help getting him to flip. I know it's Mullen but Florida is still involved and flipping kids from Blue Chip schools is what got them in trouble the last time.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-15-2017, 08:00 AM
Wonder who the JUCO transfer that beats this guy out will be.

Ari Gold
12-15-2017, 08:03 AM
That’s awesome.. another high school QB that can flame out in Oxford.
I predict he is the QB at a Juco in Cali in 2019.

Bully13
12-15-2017, 08:07 AM
Would still be interested to know the off field issues that caused many to back off.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-15-2017, 08:24 AM
Meh.... poor man's Shea Patterson....

Coach34
12-15-2017, 08:36 AM
Golden Corral is born

Ari Gold
12-15-2017, 08:36 AM
Golden Corral is born

Well played

ShotgunDawg
12-15-2017, 08:39 AM
This is an odd commitment though regardless of his issues.

Why Ole Miss? Did everyone else pull their offer?

The guy showed virtually no interest in OM till like a week ago.

notsofarawaydawg
12-15-2017, 08:45 AM

CarolinaDawgs
12-15-2017, 08:47 AM
Probably not long. They can't help themselves. I'll be surprised if they don't get hit again while they are on repeat violator status. Especially if Moorhead does well here- which is essentially a big reason why they are in the shape that they are in now. That's probably the best thing Dan did- he caused Ole Miss to self destruct from the inside.

And the funniest part is he didn't even dominate them while he was here. Hell, he barely was there for 3 of the losses.

thf24
12-15-2017, 08:56 AM
This is an odd commitment though regardless of his issues.

Why Ole Miss? Did everyone else pull their offer?

The guy showed virtually no interest in OM till like a week ago.

If the off-field-rumors are the reason, he's got to be a pretty high risk if only UF and of course OM were willing to take him.

TrapGame
12-15-2017, 09:20 AM
Heard Van Jefferson will be in Gainesville this weekend.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2017, 09:29 AM
I am not worried at all about QBs they get. They can't develop them. The 5* savior NEVER beat us!!

msstate7
12-15-2017, 09:34 AM
Heard Van Jefferson will be in Gainesville this weekend.

That would suck

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2017, 09:35 AM
From poster on SPS, this is a post on a Miami site back in July.

Well I'll specify then. He can't be on this team. We think Kevin Olsen was a train wreck for off the field reasons Matt corral makes him look like a choir boy. He's an alcoholic & a druggie (it is what it is,not judging just stating a fact) he would probably be either in jail or dead here. People think he decommited from sc. Reality is he got dropped for showing up on campus for an sc practice drop dead fall out drunk... furthermore he's got anger issues. He just "transferred" out of his last school because he beat the stuff out of Wayne gretzkys son... much talent as he has until he deals with his issues it's all simply being wasted.

How you think he will fair in party city Oxford? Ha

Spiderman
12-15-2017, 09:40 AM
Family moving to Biloxi in 3.....2......

Maybe not Biloxi but I bet if anyone keeps track, and the kid ends up staying and is good, his people will be living somewhere close.

It never fails

sleepy dawg
12-15-2017, 09:53 AM
apparently Ole Miss has flipped Corral the 4* QB from UF. Merry Flipmas Don Muffin

Some of my favorite posters on this board have really started to lose me with their obsessions over our old coach. Let him go man.

TrapGame
12-15-2017, 09:56 AM
From poster on SPS, this is a post on a Miami site back in July.

How you think he will fair in party city Oxford? Ha

Sounds like he'll make the Kimchee brothers look like amateurs.

Doggie_Style
12-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Pretty clear that Don and Florida had no interest in 'Golden Corral'. He's all arm and no legs with a serious case of swollen noggin. Every west coast program passed and his only option was the plantation. He'll get flattened in the SEC with such poor mobility.

Liverpooldawg
12-15-2017, 10:47 AM

61, Florida is better off without that kid. I found out what the issues were. Any place that takes him will regret it. That one was almost certainly told to look elsewhere by Mullen. He is like the anti-Dak.

confucius say
12-15-2017, 11:09 AM
Not sure about FL, but USCw pulled his offer months ago. Dude has some serious issues apparently.

fishwater99
12-15-2017, 11:25 AM
That would suck

Why.. Who cares, just leave Ole Miss..

msstate7
12-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Why.. Who cares, just leave Ole Miss..

We face Florida next season too

12-15-2017, 11:54 AM
We face Florida next season too

He won't make that big of a difference

MeridianDog
12-15-2017, 01:02 PM
He must?ve brought 3 or more boosters.

I get why the kid isn?t going to Florida, but as to why he choose OM is a mystery.

Hookers and Blow. I understand they have implemented a threesome recruiting tool.