PDA

View Full Version : Potential Offensive Recruiting Class

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2017, 09:31 AM
Not sure where our final recruiting ranking lands, but this is a top 10 offensive class and highly seductive. Keep your fingers crossed we can close this out.

QB: Mayden
WR: Heath
WR: Whop
WR: Guidry
WR: Murphy?
OL: Dolla Bill
OL: McDowell
OL: Carvin
OL: Cole Smith
RB: Webb

This group gets you on track to Atlanta

Ifyouonlyknew
12-14-2017, 09:34 AM
I'd leave Murphy on defense but yes that's a really solid list.

msstate7
12-14-2017, 09:36 AM
So are all those guys better than 50%?

TrapGame
12-14-2017, 09:39 AM
I thought Cole was a LSU lock?

Has something changed in the last two weeks?

PonderThis2
12-14-2017, 09:44 AM

Yes. Grimes (Former LSU OLine coach) took the OC job at BYU.

reno hightower
12-14-2017, 09:45 AM

Rosie said Cole might be coming into town for a visit this weekend. We shall see--

TrapGame
12-14-2017, 09:45 AM
Yes. Grimes (Former LSU OLine coach) took the OC job at BYU.

Good to know.

AlSwearengen
12-14-2017, 10:47 AM
I wasn?t brow beat, but close to it for asking if the new staff could get in on Smith. With hevesy?s reputation and Smith being a legacy (a good one at that considering all reports indicate that his dad was still a fan), that whole thing smelled of Smith not wanting anything to do with Hevesy.

Since that bunch is gone, and assuming he didn?t want to play for hevesy, it makes sense that the family would at least listen to and meet the new staff.

PonderThis2
12-14-2017, 10:50 AM
I wasn?t brow beat, but close to it for asking if the new staff could get in on Smith. With hevesy?s reputation and Smith being a legacy (a good one at that considering all reports indicate that his dad was still a fan), that whole thing smelled of Smith not wanting anything to do with Hevesy.

Since that bunch is gone, and assuming he didn?t want to play for hevesy, it makes sense that the family would at least listen to and meet the new staff.

Popular opinion is that he is coming to here now that Grimes is gone. Supposedly, they were close.

The one I am worried the most about on that list is Carvin.

Commercecomet24
12-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Thats a dang good list. Hope we close strong!

PassInterference
12-14-2017, 11:10 AM
Outstanding list.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2017, 11:25 AM
I like Spivey at TE too.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-14-2017, 11:43 AM
Hevesy's lazy ass couldn't never get to Pontotoc while he was at MSU....

HoopsCoach21
12-14-2017, 11:58 AM
I like Spivey at TE too.

Will Spivey make it in? I really like him too but seems like there was a rumor he might have to go to JUCO first.

SmokeyDawg
12-14-2017, 11:58 AM
Numbers wise would we keep McDowell if we get Smith? Either way, Smith Carvin and Dolla bill would be a great OL class

Ifyouonlyknew
12-14-2017, 12:00 PM
Numbers wise would we keep McDowell if we get Smith? Either way, Smith Carvin and Dolla bill would be a great OL class

Yes we'd keep McDowell

TrapGame
12-14-2017, 12:24 PM
You gotta wonder if Cole visits with Hev still here. And if anyone could have screwed up a bird in the hand it would've been Hev.

Lord McBuckethead
12-14-2017, 02:02 PM
I'd leave Murphy on defense but yes that's a really solid list.

I would let Murphy play whatever position or multiple positions he wants

Ifyouonlyknew
12-14-2017, 02:12 PM
I would let Murphy play whatever position or multiple positions he wants

He prefers defense

Jarius
12-14-2017, 02:23 PM
Both Steve and Paul have crystal ball'ed Cole Smith to MSU. That would be a huge pull, especially considering we pulled an Ole Miss mole that won't try hard to recruit for us in to coach the oline.

Ari Gold
12-14-2017, 02:29 PM
Hevesy cost us Saahidq Charles . Kid would have ended up here if Hev wasn’t the OL coach.
And yes that is a very talented Offensive group.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Will Spivey make it in? I really like him too but seems like there was a rumor he might have to go to JUCO first.

I have no idea, but that would explain why he's not more heavily recruited bc that dude is a beast.

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2017, 02:51 PM

Y'all are underestimating McDowell because none of you have seen him. McDowell has helped manhandle Lee County to the GA 6A Championship game tomorrow night. Lee County has averaged 39 points a game in the toughest region in 6A ball. South GA hogs have been go-to's for FSU, AU and UGA for years.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Hevesy cost us Saahidq Charles . Kid would have ended up here if Hev wasn’t the OL coach.
And yes that is a very talented Offensive group.

I disagree. Once LSU offered him & his mom were ready to head home. O

TrapGame
12-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Both Steve and Paul have crystal ball'ed Cole Smith to MSU. That would be a huge pull, especially considering we pulled an Ole Miss mole that won't try hard to recruit for us in to coach the oline.

And he's still better than Hevesy!

SmokeyDawg
12-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Y'all are underestimating McDowell because none of you have seen him. McDowell has helped manhandle Lee County to the GA 6A Championship game tomorrow night. Lee County has averaged 39 points a game in the toughest region in 6A ball. South GA hogs have been go-to's for FSU, AU and UGA for years.

Wasn?t underestimating him, looks like a solid athletic guard or center. More so asking if it made sense to sign both, numbers wise.

Jarius
12-14-2017, 03:19 PM
And he's still better than Hevesy!

Yea, I wasn't being serious there. He's gonna do a good job for us. Just poking fun at those who were up in arms about hiring him.

TrapGame
12-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Yea, I wasn't being serious there. He's gonna do a good job for us. Just poking fun at those who were up in arms about hiring him.

Yeah, I guess I should've thrown in some *** but I was kinda being serious too.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-14-2017, 07:46 PM
I disagree. Once LSU offered him & his mom were ready to head home. O

This is correct. He wanted LSU.

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2017, 07:46 PM
Heath has dominated at MS/AL practice this week. Looked much better than he did when I saw him live this past summer at 7 on 7

preachermatt83
12-14-2017, 08:09 PM
Heath has dominated at MS/AL practice this week. Looked much better than he did when I saw him live this past summer at 7 on 7

I've been saying for weeks how important he is to this class. He is an absolute freak.