PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting News

Lord McBuckethead
12-13-2017, 04:33 PM
Anyone have any information on today's stuff?

Turfdawg67
12-13-2017, 04:58 PM
What stuff??

fader2103
12-13-2017, 05:02 PM
Coaches are talking to recruits all over the country. That?s all I got.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2017, 05:08 PM
*Rosebowl: I can't confirm, but I hear there's a lot of guys we could lose to other programs who are coming at them hard. Buy my book.

was21
12-13-2017, 05:09 PM
Not recruiting but rumors of Tem Lukabu for LB coach

Commercecomet24
12-13-2017, 05:18 PM
*Rosebowl: I can't confirm, but I hear there's a lot of guys we could lose to other programs who are coming at them hard. Buy my book.

Rep given!

MafiaDawg
12-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Not recruiting but rumors of Tem Lukabu for LB coach

Now that sounds like a bad idea. Has he ever recruited a d1 player?

BeastMan
12-13-2017, 05:57 PM

Rosebowl was right shirts are now half price and the back says half wrong

Ifyouonlyknew
12-13-2017, 05:57 PM

He's coached at Rutgers & Florida International. The connection is he was JoeMo 1st DC at Fordham but when Schiano got the Tampa Bay job he went to Tampa with him.

Political Hack
12-13-2017, 06:43 PM
Rosebowl was right shirts are now half price and the back says half wrong

Lol. I’d buy It.

Todd4State
12-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Todd's Recruiting Dog Treats!

1. Yancy made up a bunch of bullshit at the Missisisppi High School All-Star Game and is acting like the safety from Madison Central who only had offers from USM and Ole Miss is the second coming of Ed Reed.

2. Byron DeVinner has flipped from Ole Miss to Tennessee and told everyone on Twitter that Jeremy Pruitt is one of the best coaches in the world. This despite being our third choice, begging for the MSU job and spending his career riding the coat tails of people like Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, and the immortal Rush Probst.

3. Dan Mullen couldn't figure out how to manage a roster to save his life. This despite the fact that he had an army of grad assistants and football personnel who probably could have found an afternoon to create a depth chart flowsheet. Heck, I would have done it for free had they asked. As a result a few people have been dropped causing some minor freak outs amongst our fans.

4. What does Dan Mullen do when he's in one of the top five talented states in the country as far as football talent goes? Go back to Mississippi to try to flip MSU recruits? Yep. It appears to be paying off too- he actually was able to land a kicker. Who he will probably screw up with his "coaching".

5. Scott Stricklin's feelings are hurt because most of us don't understand "it's a business." Which is exactly what I intend to tweet at him in three years after he has to take the fall for hiring Dan and the country club.

6. Some other schools are coming after our recruits especially the out of state guys- and our fans are freaking out a little bit over it. We may lose some- we'll probably gain some too and it will be alright in the end.

7. Hatfield on Genespage is stirring up things because someone sent a threatening PM to someone and someone told someone that they had sex with their wife and didn't get banned because they are a former old Genespage poster. I didn't understand it. Last time I looked at that trainwreck of a thread they were talking about chicken tenders. Paul would probably appreciate it if some people would let go of grudges that have lasted 14 years now.

8. Based on Ole Miss's last two recruiting classes, it has been proven that the only way someone would go there is because they have no other SEC options, they are a legacy, or they are being paid out the wazuu. We already knew that but it's good to see hard evidence of it to throw back in their face.

9. Ole Miss is going to spend the dead period paying their own players to try to keep them from transferring instead of going after MSU recruits.

10. Moorhead's staff is already better than Dan's as far as recruiting on the offensive side of the ball by simply hiring Charles Ruff.

Lord McBuckethead
12-13-2017, 07:52 PM

1. Yancy made up a bunch of bullshit at the Missisisppi High School All-Star Game and is acting like the safety from Madison Central who only had offers from USM and Ole Miss is the second coming of Ed Reed.

2. Byron DeVinner has flipped from Ole Miss to Tennessee and told everyone on Twitter that Jeremy Pruitt is one of the best coaches in the world. This despite being our third choice, begging for the MSU job and spending his career riding the coat tails of people like Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, and the immortal Rush Probst.

3. Dan Mullen couldn't figure out how to manage a roster to save his life. This despite the fact that he had an army of grad assistants and football personnel who probably could have found an afternoon to create a depth chart flowsheet. Heck, I would have done it for free had they asked. As a result a few people have been dropped causing some minor freak outs amongst our fans.

4. What does Dan Mullen do when he's in one of the top five talented states in the country as far as football talent goes? Go back to Mississippi to try to flip MSU recruits? Yep. It appears to be paying off too- he actually was able to land a kicker. Who he will probably screw up with his "coaching".

5. Scott Stricklin's feelings are hurt because most of us don't understand "it's a business." Which is exactly what I intend to tweet at him in three years after he has to take the fall for hiring Dan and the country club.

6. Some other schools are coming after our recruits especially the out of state guys- and our fans are freaking out a little bit over it. We may lose some- we'll probably gain some too and it will be alright in the end.

7. Hatfield on Genespage is stirring up things because someone sent a threatening PM to someone and someone told someone that they had sex with their wife and didn't get banned because they are a former old Genespage poster. I didn't understand it. Last time I looked at that trainwreck of a thread they were talking about chicken tenders. Paul would probably appreciate it if some people would let go of grudges that have lasted 14 years now.

8. Based on Ole Miss's last two recruiting classes, it has been proven that the only way someone would go there is because they have no other SEC options, they are a legacy, or they are being paid out the wazuu. We already knew that but it's good to see hard evidence of it to throw back in their face.

9. Ole Miss is going to spend the dead period paying their own players to try to keep them from transferring instead of going after MSU recruits.

10. Moorhead's staff is already better than Dan's as far as recruiting on the offensive side of the ball by simply hiring Charles Ruff.

All of that is worth the price of membership here. Nominee for Elite remembers. Good summary. Seriously. Well done. Have an upvote.

I seen it dawg
12-13-2017, 07:57 PM

We’ve got heavy recruiters all over the staff. Much more than the 4 we had last yr. It’s ok if he has to learn a little as long as he’s a bad ass coach.

Liverpooldawg
12-13-2017, 07:58 PM

Very good

snoopdog
12-13-2017, 08:00 PM
All of that is worth the price of membership here. Nominee for Elite remembers. Good summary. Seriously. Well done. Have an upvote.
Number 5

Ari Gold
12-13-2017, 08:02 PM

That’s Ari Gold Strong..

BulldogDX55
12-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Great post Todd, but you wobbled a bit on the landing with the coach?s name. It?s Huff.

gravedigger
12-13-2017, 08:27 PM

Is there a reason this clown hasn?t been sent to bannsylvania?

TrapGame
12-13-2017, 08:32 PM
Great post Todd, but you wobbled a bit on the landing with the coach?s name. It?s Huff.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/842930f14e72037c2d0d223b2796d78f/tenor.gif?itemid=7853496

Turfdawg67
12-13-2017, 08:57 PM

Agreed bro!

Turfdawg67
12-13-2017, 08:59 PM
Rep given Todd!

Commercecomet24
12-13-2017, 09:06 PM

Wondered that myself.

Commercecomet24
12-13-2017, 09:14 PM

Rep given! Now all you need is a podcast. Call it the ToddYard.

Mjoelner34
12-13-2017, 09:15 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AnxiousHarmoniousGartersnake-max-1mb.gif

RezDog7
12-13-2017, 09:52 PM
You forgot to add that all the smoke around Murphy to TN ended up as fart noises.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-13-2017, 09:57 PM

That about sums it up. Good stuff

BeastMan
12-13-2017, 10:04 PM
You forgot to add that all the smoke around Murphy to TN ended up as fart noises.

Now that the NCAA stuff is over, Rosebowl is back to being good ole Rosebowl

Pollodawg
12-13-2017, 10:08 PM
Now that the NCAA stuff is over, Rosebowl is back to being good ole Rosebowl

All he’s done the last two months is pimp his book. That’s it. I like the dude. Don’t get me wrong. But he’s all about some him.

yjnkdawg
12-13-2017, 10:13 PM

He has been continually questioning everything Coach JoeMo does and not just on ED. It appears to be some type of obsession.

yjnkdawg
12-13-2017, 10:18 PM

Please enlighten us by giving us your top pick, since you apparently know (think you do) a lot more of how Coach JoeMo needs to run his football program that he was hired to do so by our administration.

yjnkdawg
12-13-2017, 10:21 PM

Great post, Todd!

Political Hack
12-13-2017, 10:28 PM

I prefer Todd?s Take?s over bones.

Goldendawg
12-13-2017, 10:58 PM
Rep given Todd. Good points.

JoseBrown
12-13-2017, 11:01 PM
Rep given!

Seconded

Todd4State
12-13-2017, 11:18 PM

My sources burned me on that one.**

Todd4State
12-13-2017, 11:23 PM
All he’s done the last two months is pimp his book. That’s it. I like the dude. Don’t get me wrong. But he’s all about some him.

I think part of the reason he did that was because of the backlash from the DeVinner saga to get back into the good graces with State fans. I'm glad he did the book and he did find the number that Hugh Freeze forgot to delete so it was hardly for naught. But you are correct that he is all about him.

justwin
12-14-2017, 12:58 AM

#3 & #10 kept us out of competing for the west in 2014, 2015, 2017. We had the talent

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 02:30 AM

Agreed bro!

Wondered that myself.

He has been continually questioning everything Coach JoeMo does and not just on ED. It appears to be some type of obsession.

Please enlighten us by giving us your top pick, since you apparently know (think you do) a lot more of how Coach JoeMo needs to run his football program that he was hired to do so by our administration.

He's not a troll just doesn't like the assistants that Joe has hired apparently.

MafiaDawg
12-14-2017, 07:24 AM
Goodness....I'm a big fan of the JM hire. Big fan of Huff, Hud, and even Shoop. I'm not a fan at all of letting DJ and Tbuck go. The Lukabu and rumored Brady hires do not do anything for me when it's been said we have lots of money to go after top proven assistants who have recruiting experience. Since when do people on ED want people banned for expressing a different opinion that's anything but 100 percent total agreement with the new coach?

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Goodness....I'm a big fan of the JM hire. Big fan of Huff, Hud, and even Shoop. I'm not a fan at all of letting DJ and Tbuck go. The Lukabu and rumored Brady hires do not do anything for me when it's been said we have lots of money to go after top proven assistants who have recruiting experience. Since when do people on ED want people banned for expressing a different opinion that's anything but 100 percent total agreement with the new coach?

They aren't but you've been needing to make a post that is more detailed as to why you are displeased like you just did now for awhile instead of making snide 1-2 sentence posts and then ghosting on the thread. You made a similar unpopular comment in the SPS thread about Lukabu and it was downvoted into oblivion. Guy sounds like a pretty decent hire to me. Perhaps Moorhead is going to start recruiting different areas than we are used to getting players from. I don't think that's a bad thing. When you're 3rd in fewest miles away from campus per football player signee in the entire country it means you need to expand your recruiting base out more. Maybe just maybe Joe wants to recruit a little out West or in Jersey area some which has produced some good players recently. Regardless we are going to wait to see if these guys can produce on the field and in recruiting before we are going to blast them as hires because blasting them right now just looks petty. You can't possibly know a damn thing about Lukabu as a coach.

Here's your SPS post

Gross. Looks like we have a new country club. What happened to some recruiters like Cohen promised? No wonder were hiding this guy.

gravedigger
12-14-2017, 09:03 AM
They aren't but you've been needing to make a post that is more detailed as to why you are displeased like you just did now for awhile instead of making snide 1-2 sentence posts and then ghosting on the thread. You made a similar unpopular comment in the SPS thread about Lukabu and it was downvoted into oblivion. Guy sounds like a pretty decent hire to me. Perhaps Moorhead is going to start recruiting different areas than we are used to getting players from. I don't think that's a bad thing. When you're 3rd in fewest miles away from campus per football player signee in the entire country it means you need to expand your recruiting base out more. Maybe just maybe Joe wants to recruit a little out West or in Jersey area some which has produced some good players recently. Regardless we are going to wait to see if these guys can produce on the field and in recruiting before we are going to blast them as hires because blasting them right now just looks petty. You can't possibly know a damn thing about Lukabu as a coach.

Here's your SPS post

Exactly. And to add. The short, no detailed posts in their entirety indicate that the poster is in fact NOT a big fan of the the JM hire no matter what is stated to the contrary. Sure Moorhead will make some questionable decisions, but to consistently seagull two boards seems like it is for attention. Which, if I'm not mistaken, is the definition of trolling.

I'll also add that MSU has really gone outside the south ONCE in head coaching football. ******* decisions and recruiting may not have always pleased everyone, but they also produced acceptable results. Perhaps, if MSU wants to change our perception, we need to do something differently than every other southeastern conference school.

I like DJ and TBuck too. I cant imagine them not being on the staff. Then again, I dont coach for a living.

Ari Gold
12-14-2017, 09:43 AM

Hud > Looney and it isn?t even close when it comes to coaching TE and recruiting.
Looney wasn?t going to coach the OL , so the hire there is soild. Power 5 experience , coached OL under a great head guy in Cutt and has Ms ties. Sounds pretty slam dunk to me.

With Tbuck. Yeah he recruits well. But I have been told that his crutch is coaching. Most all the great ones at their craft, Bird, Magic, Jordan , don?t make good coaches. Hard for them to teach kids to do what came so easy to them. Not saying Tbuck was the greatest CB ever but dude was very good.

With LB rumor coach. We have recuriters on this staff. I would trade a kick ass LB coach for a recruiter here. Lukabu has only been a LB guy from day one. That?s all he has coached. I have no idea how he would fit here but he seems to be very knowledgeable at the LB position. Who knows he may recruit well. We have 2 possible all SEC LB in Gay and Errol and maybe this guy can light a fire or something under Leo ass. Too talented a player.. he should be much better

When it come to the Wr coach We are replacing Gonzo. . It?s already an upgrade.

MafiaDawg
12-14-2017, 09:53 AM
Yes I am slightly concerned that he is primarily hiring guys he has a pre existing relationship with. I believe Don was criticized for the exact same thing on here for years because he had coaches who kept kim comfortable and were his friends. I understand doing that on offense moreso because the communication transition will be easier. Hell I hope they all succeed and do incredible but it's hard to argue that spending a lot of money (which we have) on a proven guy at LB or WR with no risk can't be argued as the better move here.

Cooterpoot
12-14-2017, 10:11 AM
Every single coach in America hires guys they know or guys someone they respect recommends.

TrapGame
12-14-2017, 10:15 AM
Yes I am slightly concerned that he is primarily hiring guys he has a pre existing relationship with. I believe Don was criticized for the exact same thing on here for years because he had coaches who kept kim comfortable and were his friends. I understand doing that on offense moreso because the communication transition will be easier. Hell I hope they all succeed and do incredible but it's hard to argue that spending a lot of money (which we have) on a proven guy at LB or WR with no risk can't be argued as the better move here.

Don also had those guys following him around for years. Not so with Joe. Huff is about the only one he was coaching with at PSU.

This ain't no country club.

I seen it dawg
12-14-2017, 11:44 AM

Merlin had friends that wouldn’t recruit. Big difference.

Jarius
12-14-2017, 12:09 PM

Hiring people that you are familiar with is not a problem. Not being able to fire people that need to be fired because you are too close to them is a problem that Mullen had. No one knows if Joe Mo will have that problem. Our recruiting class is going to finish strong so the early returns are good. Only time will tell.

Tbonewannabe
12-14-2017, 12:40 PM
Hud > Looney and it isn?t even close when it comes to coaching TE and recruiting.
Looney wasn?t going to coach the OL , so the hire there is soild. Power 5 experience , coached OL under a great head guy in Cutt and has Ms ties. Sounds pretty slam dunk to me.

With Tbuck. Yeah he recruits well. But I have been told that his crutch is coaching. Most all the great ones at their craft, Bird, Magic, Jordan , don?t make good coaches. Hard for them to teach kids to do what came so easy to them. Not saying Tbuck was the greatest CB ever but dude was very good.

With LB rumor coach. We have recuriters on this staff. I would trade a kick ass LB coach for a recruiter here. Lukabu has only been a LB guy from day one. That?s all he has coached. I have no idea how he would fit here but he seems to be very knowledgeable at the LB position. Who knows he may recruit well. We have 2 possible all SEC LB in Gay and Errol and maybe this guy can light a fire or something under Leo ass. Too talented a player.. he should be much better

Having the players watch Youtube videos of Jerry Rice would have been an improvement over Gonzo.

BossDawg
12-15-2017, 02:54 AM

This is great. Would read again.

No, I will most certainly read it again.

maroonmania
12-15-2017, 05:57 PM

The only thing I will say was that it really didn't have to be an either/or on Hud and Looney. Moorhead is going to make his own decisions without my input but I would have felt better if he had just made Looney the TE coach and Hud the AHC/WR coach. WR is what Hud coached here before anyway. I have no clue who JoMo is looking at for WR coach. But Looney is a guy that really wanted to be at MSU and is an ace recruiter. Apparently was even top notch at recruiting when he was a player. On the defensive side would have liked to have kept TBuck as well just because he is a good recruiter. Now our secondary did get burned in a few games but on a lot of those probably had more to do with talent than coaching. Don't really understand bringing in Ambrose instead but I'll roll with it.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2017, 06:04 PM
The only thing I will say was that it really didn't have to be an either/or on Hud and Looney. Moorhead is going to make his own decisions without my input but I would have felt better if he had just made Looney the TE coach and Hud the AHC/WR coach. WR is what Hud coached here before anyway. I have no clue who JoMo is looking at for WR coach. But Looney is a guy that really wanted to be at MSU and is an ace recruiter. Apparently was even top notch at recruiting when he was a player. On the defensive side would have liked to have kept TBuck as well just because he was good recruiter. Now our secondary did get burned in a few games but on a lot of those probably had more to do with talent than coaching. Don't really understand bringing in Ambrose instead but I'll roll with it.

Ambrose won't be the DB Coach

maroonmania
12-15-2017, 06:28 PM
Ambrose won't be the DB Coach

So our CB coach and WR coach are still unknowns at the moment? Will Ambrose be on the staff?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2017, 06:45 PM
So our CB coach and WR coach are still unknowns at the moment? Will Ambrose be on the staff?

No the CB coach is done just not announced yet. I hear the WR coach has been identified to just not announced either.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-15-2017, 07:12 PM
No the CB coach is done just not announced yet. I hear the WR coach has been identified to just not announced either.

Is it more OM grads?

Ifyouonlyknew
12-15-2017, 07:54 PM
Is it more OM grads?

Could be

LibraryDawg
12-17-2017, 02:40 PM
Do you care to elaborate IYOK?