PDA

View Full Version : Should Howland sign a couple more guys this year??

Dawg61
12-13-2017, 03:30 PM
Seems to me we are at risk of losing a couple guys from this squad.

confucius say
12-13-2017, 03:49 PM
If he does, I hope they have a basketball IQ over 80. Good night we don't play the game well. Shot selection, offensive spacing, help defense, who to help off of, it all sucks. We're running a 1 on 1 NBA offense with college talent. No offemsive sets.

Would also help if we define some roles. X should never shoot contested threes. Crash the boards and use athleticism. Peters is 100 mph all the time and out of control. Let the game come to you. Little more timmy bowers and a little less gary Ervin. Just watch Zimmerman, bowers, Brandon Vincent, and shane power film on a loop and copy it.

Sorry to hijack. Rant over.

msbulldog
12-13-2017, 03:49 PM
Hard decision 61, any addition would require subtraction.

Dawg61
12-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Hard decision 61, any addition would require subtraction.

Right I guess we won't know until player meetings at the end of the year.

Political Hack
12-13-2017, 04:50 PM
IF we could get 6’8”+ big body guy that cleans the boards, yes.

Madisonmd
12-13-2017, 06:03 PM
Dont' think anyone on this team will play 1 minute of NBA basketball, ever! Ado's evaluation in the preseason must have been based on the fact he was playing against Herard.

Goldendawg
12-13-2017, 06:07 PM
Sign two more? Are you kidding? We had a hard enough time last night getting those participation trophies for the eleven that "played"!*****

Political Hack
12-13-2017, 06:24 PM
Normal fans vastly underestimate defensive role players. A la Ado.

HoopsDawg
12-13-2017, 06:29 PM

I agree, but that's not what Howland wants. He wants stretch 4's like Reggie Perry.

To me, if you are going to play a 3 guard lineup like we are this year, then you need a Brandon Vincent type at the 4 spot. Or someone like that Clarke guy for Cincy.

If you are going to play with a stretch 4, then you need about a 6'6 SF that can help on the glass. X would be a good 3 if he was a better shooter.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-13-2017, 07:08 PM
I am just wondering why we are shooting so poorly.

Lord McBuckethead
12-13-2017, 09:37 PM
Cause guys are just jacking up the shot. They are not getting straight open looks and when they would, the pass is slightly off.

munk_munk92
12-14-2017, 12:21 AM
This team is really missing a dominant player down low. Even if we had another Swat type player it would be huge.

whosyourdawgy
12-14-2017, 07:35 AM

Perry is already coming in. So this is covered

Political Hack
12-14-2017, 11:11 AM
I agree, but that's not what Howland wants. He wants stretch 4's like Reggie Perry.

To me, if you are going to play a 3 guard lineup like we are this year, then you need a Brandon Vincent type at the 4 spot. Or someone like that Clarke guy for Cincy.

If you are going to play with a stretch 4, then you need about a 6'6 SF that can help on the glass. X would be a good 3 if he was a better shooter.

Agree. We need help from the perimeter rebounding. Ado tried to block shots from off the ball, so he’s not in position to rebound. Someone else has to fill that void and right now it’s not happening.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-14-2017, 12:27 PM
Seems to me we are at risk of losing a couple guys from this squad.

Yes!!! Drop Herard and go all in on Jairus Hamilton!!!!!!

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Yes!!! Drop Herard and go all in on Jairus Hamilton!!!!!!

All for adding Jairus but not for cutting Herard. Can someone pay their own way next year *wink wink*.

MCsMGs
12-14-2017, 03:39 PM
If we are gonna be adding to, I would venture a guess that we should be looking at a PG. Based on what I know today, unless something changes, LP won't be here next year regardless of NBA status and we probably won't have Nick W past the 18-19 season either unless he wants to hang around long enough to play with the youngest 'Spoon.

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 03:50 PM
Based on what I know today, unless something changes, LP won't be here next year regardless of NBA status

Spill the beans

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpz81S7usvTIM8w/giphy.gif

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-14-2017, 04:09 PM
All for adding Jairus but not for cutting Herard. Can someone pay their own way next year *wink wink*.

agree that would be the better option.

MCsMGs
12-14-2017, 04:27 PM
That may have been a poor choice of words because it implies that I have some "inside" info that I don't. What I know is what should be obvious...LP is struggling with his attitude and maturity. Although I rely on observation and listening carefully to what the coaches say, I have had several conversations with coaches that concern me. I will not be sharing those comments as I feel that if they want to make a public statement, they can do that themselves.

Last year about this time, I was privy to a conversation regarding Mario Kegler that I didn't feel would be helpful to anyone had I "spilled the beans". History shows my fears were well founded.

IMO, this is a situation where we should trust the staff to handle the situation as best they can and not add to the problem by speculating in a public forum about something we have very little, if any, specific info.

YMMV

Dawg61
12-14-2017, 04:31 PM
That may have been a poor choice of words because it implies that I have some "inside" info that I don't. What I know is what should be obvious...LP I struggling with his attitude and maturity. Although I rely on observation and listening carefully to what the coaches say, I have had several conversations with coaches that concern me. I will not be sharing those comments as I feel that if they want to make a public statement, they can do that themselves.

Last year about this time, I was privy to a conversation regarding Mario Kegler that I didn't feel would be helpful to anyone had I "spilled the beans". History shows my fears were well founded.

IMO, this is a situation where we should trust the staff to handle the situation as best they can and not add to the problem by speculating in a public forum about something we have very little, if any, specific info.

YMMV

Welp Peters gone, sign another PG today Howland

https://media.giphy.com/media/12pWOEeKbbfdio/giphy.gif

MCsMGs
12-14-2017, 05:11 PM
Welp Peters gone, sign another PG today Howland

https://media.giphy.com/media/12pWOEeKbbfdio/giphy.gif

LOL! I think you give me to much credit! If you have followed most everything I post here, Ya gotta know I'm an eternal optimist and early season leader for the sunshine pumper of the year award.

BTW, I hope LP gets his feet under himself and attains his goal of going to the NBA after this year. That would be in everyone's best interest!