PDA

View Full Version : SAE's Shut Down At Ole Miss

Spiderman
12-13-2017, 08:37 AM
What in the hell does a frat at OM have to do to get shut down by the national boys?

"Health and safety" must mean more OD's than the minimum allowed per semester.

Wonder if they still sing their song about who can never bean E? What am I asking? It's Ole Miss, of course they do.

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2017/12/12/sigma-alpha-epsilon-fraternity-shut-down-ole-miss/946788001/

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2017, 08:41 AM
E's - always up to something. Wasn't it the E's at State who during the Gulf War tied up an Arab pizza delivery guy and put him in their trophy case?
At least that was the legend when I was on campus.

Spiderman
12-13-2017, 08:47 AM
E's - always up to something. Wasn't it the E's at State who during the Gulf War tied up an Arab pizza delivery guy and put him in their trophy case?
At least that was the legend when I was on campus.

Ha, they put him in a closet I think

MafiaDawg
12-13-2017, 09:09 AM
I'm thinking the Ole Miss guys must have gotten busted (numerous times) hazing.

Duckdog
12-13-2017, 09:12 AM
SAE is shutting down frats all over the US. Snowflakes running the program I guess. My frat was given the boot from MSU last year. They are supposed to be able to come back in a couple years but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't happen:mad:

BulldogDX55
12-13-2017, 09:14 AM
SAE is shutting down frats all over the US. Snowflakes running the program I guess. My frat was given the boot from MSU last year. They are supposed to be able to come back in a couple years but it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't happen:mad:

It's not snowflakes, it is people who don't want to be sued. Your seargeant-at-arms and President should have done a better job of making sure no one OD'd, got alcohol poisoning, or excessively hazed. It's not that hard.

Spiderman
12-13-2017, 09:19 AM
It's not snowflakes, it is people who don't want to be sued. Your seargeant-at-arms and President should have done a better job of making sure no one OD'd, got alcohol poisoning, or excessively hazed. It's not that hard.

Well they pretty much abused the crap out of us, but nobody died. I don't think it's hazing as much as dope and alcohol.

I just don't see how they are drinking more these days than we did back then. We drank then either puked or passed out, and did it all again a couple days later. I stlll can't even stand the smell of tequila to this day after one such puke fest.

Gotta be mixing the dope and alcohol.

Turfdawg67
12-13-2017, 09:27 AM
Snowflakes... the new buzzword to blame someone else instead of looking in the mirror.

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2017, 09:27 AM

The schools and national organizations have been warning us for 25 years and trying to change frat habits. Some have been willing to adapt, some haven't. My frat at MSU had a major incident a few years ago and came very close to being shut down for good. They finally learned their lesson and have come back strong and don't tolerate stupid shit. You can have fun. You can drink. But, there are lines that can't be crossed for the good of everyone involved - and that means no drinking to the point of being black out drunk, no hazing (because like it or not frats have killed people during hazing), and putting the kibosh on sexual assault. That is the right thing to do. Nothing snowflake about it.

CJDAWG85
12-13-2017, 09:28 AM
I was an E at State. We were hazed, but it wasn't anything harmful or dangerous. It was fun and games.

Drugdog
12-13-2017, 10:07 AM
There's no Probation like Pike Probation.

drunkernhelldawg
12-13-2017, 10:12 AM
Snowflakes... the new buzzword to blame someone else instead of looking in the mirror.

Exactly. From the blame shifters' vocabulary.

dawgs
12-13-2017, 10:17 AM

Ain’t it the ****ing truth.

CarolinaDawgs
12-13-2017, 10:22 AM
For whatever its worth.. SAE has the most Hazing related Deaths of any National Fraternity.

dawgs
12-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Well they pretty much abused the crap out of us, but nobody died. I don't think it's hazing as much as dope and alcohol.

I just don't see how they are drinking more these days than we did back then. We drank then either puked or passed out, and did it all again a couple days later. I stlll can't even stand the smell of tequila to this day after one such puke fest.

Gotta be mixing the dope and alcohol.

Maybe y’all did drink more and more shit happened around the country, but because it was pre-internet, iPhone, social media, etc., it wasn’t a story outside of the college town it occurred in. Now if a 18 year old dies from hazing at se Montana st, we all know about it within a few hours.

And i mean, you also seem to imply that people are bigger pussies these days, so they are dying or being hospitalized over drinking in excess, like their genetic makeup and body’s ability to process excessive amounts of alcohol is something people can control, which simply isn’t the case. The problem also arises when you have a couple dumbasses in the frat doing the hazing and don’t realize (or care) someone has reached a limit. They keep forcing alcohol into some pledge even after his body is rejecting it and is vomiting everywhere.

Spiderman
12-13-2017, 10:31 AM
Maybe y’all did drink more and more shit happened around the country, but because it was pre-internet, iPhone, social media, etc., it wasn’t a story outside of the college town it occurred in. Now if a 18 year old dies from hazing at se Montana st, we all know about it within a few hours.

And i mean, you also seem to imply that people are bigger pussies these days, so they are dying or being hospitalized over drinking in excess, like their genetic makeup and body’s ability to process excessive amounts of alcohol is something people can control, which simply isn’t the case. The problem also arises when you have a couple dumbasses in the frat doing the hazing and don’t realize (or care) someone has reached a limit. They keep forcing alcohol into some pledge even after his body is rejecting it and is vomiting everywhere.

No, I was pointing out that the drinking isn't any worse than when was there, I wouldn't think.

. I was saying it to see what others thought the problem was with deaths and hospital visits these days, unlike back then.

I can never remember anyone at State, when I was there, dying or having to go too the hospital because of just drinking.

So are they drinking more? Or is it because they are taking some type of substance AND drinking?

TrapGame
12-13-2017, 10:32 AM
I didn't need a frat to get drunk and puke. I just got drunk and puked.

Duckdog
12-13-2017, 10:39 AM

I agree about my Frat but SAE closing down chapters all over is the snow flake crap

dawgs
12-13-2017, 10:42 AM
No, I was pointing out that the drinking isn't any worse than when was there, I wouldn't think.

. I was saying it to see what others thought the problem was with deaths and hospital visits these days, unlike back then.

I can never remember anyone at State, when I was there, dying or having to go too the hospital because of just drinking.

So are they drinking more? Or is it because they are taking some type of substance AND drinking?

I just think you were fortunate enough at state to not be there when someone died. Even today it’s not a high percentage of frat pledges dying from alcohol (even 1 dying from forced alcohol consumption is too much though), so most people go 4 years and never experience something like that on their campus.. And I guarantee you people when to the hospital, they were just treated and released though, and there was no one reporting it to the university getting the frat in trouble and there wasn’t social media spreading stories and rumors about it.

BulldogDX55
12-13-2017, 10:44 AM
I agree about my Frat but SAE closing down chapters all over is the snow flake crap

How do you know that, though? Quit shifting the blame. Chances are, any chapter in the country that gets shut down did something to deserve it.

It isn't that hard. When I was running my fraternity, we didn't have a single major incident. All it took was myself plus one other brother keeping track of things during parties. Also, don't hit your pledges, force them to consume excessive amounts of substances, and don't sexually humiliate them. IT ISNT HARD.

dawgs
12-13-2017, 10:46 AM

If they have rampant issues with physical abuse, sexual abuse, and/or forced alcohol consumption as part of the pledging process, then that’s not because of “snowflakes”. They aren’t just arbitrarily closing chapters. The thing is, all the pledging shit is beyond stupid and any harm or death from it is 100% preventable.

Bully13
12-13-2017, 10:49 AM
I feel sorry for these youngsters these days. back in my day, it was just weed, whisky and beer. the shit going on now is dangerous. my old ass doesn't have the answers to the shit going on today. I've got a 13 yr old boy. Time to start educating . sexual weirdness is something I'm unfamiliar with as well.

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2017, 10:51 AM

I know of a handful that had to go to the hospital in the early 90s.

Having 2 teenagers, I'll give you my observation. I'd say there are fewer kids who start drinking early compared to when many of us grew up (I'm mid 40s). Because of that, kids being thrown into heavy drinking/binge drinking environments aren't familiar with their limits and have more problems. I had my first real drinking experience at 13. By the time I finished high school, I had a pretty good idea of what my levels were. Even then, I had some instances of trying to keep up at a frat party, or getting my ass kicked at Presidents and Assholes or quarters, or being pissed and doing something stupid like 15+ shots of Jager, that caused me to get puke/pass out level drunk. And I was pretty experienced drinker. You throw someone into those situations who has hardly ever touched alcohol and its a recipe for disaster.

DudyDawg
12-13-2017, 10:59 AM

Having 2 teenagers, I'll give you my observation. I'd say there are fewer kids who start drinking early compared to when many of us grew up (I'm mid 40s). Because of that, kids being thrown into heavy drinking/binge drinking environments aren't familiar with their limits and have more problems. I had my first real drinking experience at 13. By the time I finished high school, I had a pretty good idea of what my levels were. Even then, I had some instances of trying to keep up at a frat party, or getting my ass kicked at Presidents and Assholes or quarters, or being pissed and doing something stupid like 15+ shots of Jager, that caused me to get puke/pass out level drunk. And I was pretty experienced drinker. You throw someone into those situations who has hardly ever touched alcohol and its a recipe for disaster.

I think something you can attribute that to is the new Helicopter Parents... When kids are under the thumb of mom and dad for 18 years and then they are completely on their own, bad things happen.

As far as the frat stuff goes- I think a lot of it is six in one half a dozen in the other... one on hand, there are certainly people against them for other reasons and they are on a witch hunt to shut them down... on the other, you have frats w kids dying and being abused- that isnt okay. Its sad to see them being torn down, but some of it is well deserved. My fraternity hazed, but it didnt involve pledges drinking or anything remotely sexual- which I think is perfectly acceptable and the way it should be.

Bully13
12-13-2017, 11:00 AM
My Dad's best friend his last 20 yrs of his life was a guy who played for Vaught. Great Guy. Sung at my Dad's funeral and told wonderful stories about my Dad.

When he was at Ole Miss, he was at a frat party and one of his buddies wanted to show out how he could kill a pint of whiskey in a few minutes. Well the guy did it and he didn't live to get the "atta boys".

There may be some of you old timers that know this incident in Oxford indeed happened. This story is not a knock on Ole Miss. it can happen ANYWHERE.

teach your kids folks. showing out with drugs and alcohol is a bad recipe.

TrapGame
12-13-2017, 11:09 AM
My Dad's best friend his last 20 yrs of his life was a guy who played for Vaught. Great Guy. Sung at my Dad's funeral and told wonderful stories about my Dad.

When he was at Ole Miss, he was at a frat party and one of his buddies wanted to show out how he could kill a pint of whiskey in a few minutes. Well the guy did it and he didn't live to get the "atta boys".

There may be some of you old timers that know this incident in Oxford indeed happened. This story is not a knock on Ole Miss. it can happen ANYWHERE.

teach your kids folks. showing out with drugs and alcohol is a bad recipe.

When I was a young, dopey freshman at ole miss in '89 (worst mistake of my life!) there was a frat that tied up two pledges buck naked with racist slurs written all over them. They were dropped off at a nearby HBC to "fend" for themselves. And all hell broke loose after that. The frat was shut down and those that partook in the incident were expelled.

I was pledging ATO in open rush that year when I decided I'd had enough and took my ass back home. My hatred of ole miss grew exponentially after that.

Spiderman
12-13-2017, 11:13 AM
I just think you were fortunate enough at state to not be there when someone died. Even today it?s not a high percentage of frat pledges dying from alcohol (even 1 dying from forced alcohol consumption is too much though), so most people go 4 years and never experience something like that on their campus.. And I guarantee you people when to the hospital, they were just treated and released though, and there was no one reporting it to the university getting the frat in trouble and there wasn?t social media spreading stories and rumors about it.

It's amazing we were able to function back then and communicate without social media.

State's greek life when I was there was like a large HS. We ddin't need social media, we talked to each other. Anybody going in the hospital for being drunk would have been known in every house a couple of hours later.

Spiderman
12-13-2017, 11:17 AM
When I was a young, dopey freshman at ole miss in '89 (worst mistake of my life!) there was a frat that tied up two pledges buck naked with racist slurs written all over them. They were dropped off at a nearby HBC to "fend" for themselves. And all hell broke loose after that. The frat was shut down and those that partook in the incident were expelled.

I was pledging ATO in open rush that year when I decided I'd had enough and took my ass back home. My hatred of ole miss grew exponentially after that.

I remember those dudes doing that.

Spiderman
12-13-2017, 11:18 AM

Makes sense.

Hell, it wasn't anything new to me when I got there. Just another party

Maroon Blood
12-13-2017, 11:19 AM

And I know that very well.

Bully13
12-13-2017, 11:38 AM

was living in Memphis when that happened, remember it well. glad to see you saw the light and Got the 17 out.

Jack Lambert
12-13-2017, 11:39 AM
I was an E at State. We were hazed, but it wasn't anything harmful or dangerous. It was fun and games.

So they didn't make you strip down, put a grape between you butt cheeks, make you clime a pole and if the grape came out you had to clime back down and eat it. Then keep repeating the process until you made it up the pole and back down with the grape still grasped between the cheeks?

Bully13
12-13-2017, 11:41 AM
So they didn't make you strip down, put a grape between you butt cheeks, make you clime a pole and if the grape came out you had to clime back down and eat it. Then keep repeating the process until you made it up the pole and back down with the grape still grasped between the cheeks?

ok, now the shit's getting weird. LOL. glad I didn't go to a 4 yr university now.

Roy Munson
12-13-2017, 11:42 AM
I funneled a 1/5 of vodka in high school and lived to talk about it. Looking back, I am lucky to have survived that. We do some dumb things as kids and even still. It and several other idiot moments make for some good stories these days, but it was dumb as hell.

Gridirondawg
12-13-2017, 11:46 AM
I didn't need a frat to get drunk and puke. I just got drunk and puked.

You're welcome

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2017, 11:53 AM

Or a flag pole run - streaking from Sessums to the flag pole on the Drill and back to Sessums. Allegedly, this was a popular pledge event.

dawgs
12-13-2017, 11:59 AM
It's amazing we were able to function back then and communicate without social media.

State's greek life when I was there was like a large HS. We ddin't need social media, we talked to each other. Anybody going in the hospital for being drunk would have been known in every house a couple of hours later.

When I was in a frat at state (00-04) I certainly wasn’t in the loop on every single other frat members alcohol intake.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2017, 12:34 PM
Eventually they're all going to be eliminated. OM will fall apart without frats and sororities. It's their way of life.

Political Hack
12-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Or a flag pole run - streaking from Sessums to the flag pole on the Drill and back to Sessums. Allegedly, this was a popular pledge event.

I do that every home game for good luck.

starkvegasdawg
12-13-2017, 01:03 PM

Had a roommate at University Commons who?s brother had been in a frat (I forget which one) and he was wanting him to join as a legacy. He wanted no part of it. He described a frat as follows:

?You give me all your money and eat this grape out of my ass and we?ll be friends for four years.?

Your post reminded me of that for obvious reasons.

FISHDAWG
12-13-2017, 01:12 PM
I pledged for one whole day and said screw it .... don't forget it's all voluntary

Thick
12-13-2017, 01:13 PM
I was an “E” at State in the late 80’s, and the best was making the GOATS “pass the yoke”. The pledges line up and lie on their backs. Then an egg was cracked, and carefully poured into the first in line’s mouth. Then they had to pass the egg yoke from his mouth to his brother’s mouth w/o it breaking until it reaches the end of the line. If it breaks, start over.

Political Hack
12-13-2017, 01:19 PM
I was an “E” at State in the late 80’s, and the best was making the GOATS “pass the yoke”. The pledges line up and lie on their backs. Then an egg was cracked, and carefully poured into the first in line’s mouth. Then they had to pass the egg yoke from his mouth to his brother’s mouth w/o it breaking until it reaches the end of the line. If it breaks, start over.

I almost threw up thinking about it.

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2017, 01:28 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/monkey.gif

drunkernhelldawg
12-13-2017, 01:38 PM
I think something you can attribute that to is the new Helicopter Parents... When kids are under the thumb of mom and dad for 18 years and then they are completely on their own, bad things happen.

A.

That is a huge problem. Let people be their own selves! Parents, that means you.

TrapGame
12-13-2017, 01:41 PM

http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Chi-McBride-Oh-Hell-No.gif

Bully13
12-13-2017, 02:47 PM
butt cheeks and grapes. no thanks.

dawgs
12-13-2017, 04:26 PM

See I’d have walked right out the door. Cleaning up after parties and having a couple of older assholes just yell at the group of us was as far as it was gonna go for me. Any shit like that and I would’ve been out.

RougeDawg
12-13-2017, 04:48 PM
Come on, y?all didn?t enjoy the old elephant walk?

Spiderman
12-13-2017, 05:32 PM

Haha

BeardoMSU
12-13-2017, 05:57 PM
See I?d have walked right out the door.

Then you would've missed out on the essential character-building that accompanies sucking raw eggs out of another dude's mouth.***

msbulldog
12-13-2017, 06:50 PM

Sleep and Eats, I always knew you guys were gay! LOL!

Mr todd French
12-13-2017, 07:56 PM
Well I survived being a E at State. We were on probation
every other semester. Plenty of drinking and hazing but we did worse
at my high school.

Jarius
12-13-2017, 08:20 PM

I was a Pike at State in the early 2000s. I can attest to this 😂

Joe Schmedlap
12-13-2017, 10:41 PM
What hi skruel had more hazing than SAE?

at my high school.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-14-2017, 02:18 AM
at my high school.

What High School did you attend?

Reunion Dog
12-15-2017, 02:44 AM
I was an SAE in the 80's and had a blast. when i was a pledge we had Lion patrol and had to sit in a tree and wait on girls to come try to paint the lions. If we caught them... We soaked them with with a water hose and cut their bra off.... and the girls knew what would happen if we caught them. It was all in fun.... I put a dead possum down the KA house chimney one night and a month later in the winter... all the windows were open becasue that possum had been lit up in the fireplace and had a nice smell to it... Also stole a horse one nite from the old Ag museum where they play volleyball now... took the horse in the KA house and it slipped on some tile and started to kick holes in the walls and we ran out and left it in there.. Use to hit golf balls into malfunction junction.... had the best black bands every weekend and kegs of Miller Lite every wkend in the house... Hell week was real.... but much more fun when you became a full fledge member.... I have no regrets... best days of my life in terms of fun and brotherhood... Has helped in the professional world also.... Fraternity life isn't for everyone... but it was for me.... Hated folks in other fraternities.... now glad to call them close friends....

Our motto... Make your mother proud... Sleep with an E! Phi Alpha Bitches!

Spiderman
12-15-2017, 09:37 AM
I was an SAE in the 80's and had a blast. when i was a pledge we had Lion patrol and had to sit in a tree and wait on girls to come try to paint the lions. If we caught them... We soaked them with with a water hose and cut their bra off.... and the girls knew what would happen if we caught them. It was all in fun.... I put a dead possum down the KA house chimney one night and a month later in the winter... all the windows were open becasue that possum had been lit up in the fireplace and had a nice smell to it... Also stole a horse one nite from the old Ag museum where they play volleyball now... took the horse in the KA house and it slipped on some tile and started to kick holes in the walls and we ran out and left it in there.. Use to hit golf balls into malfunction junction.... had the best black bands every weekend and kegs of Miller Lite every wkend in the house... Hell week was real.... but much more fun when you became a full fledge member.... I have no regrets... best days of my life in terms of fun and brotherhood... Has helped in the professional world also.... Fraternity life isn't for everyone... but it was for me.... Hated folks in other fraternities.... now glad to call them close friends....

Our motto... Make your mother proud... Sleep with an E! Phi Alpha Bitches!

I helped paint those lions pink one night in 88