PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Peters

preachermatt83
12-12-2017, 09:59 PM
What does he add to this bb team? Serious question. I'm not bashing I just honestly think that we are a much worse team with him on the floor.

chef dixon
12-12-2017, 10:10 PM
Won't be a popular opinion but he needs to be our starting point guard because he's got the most ability for it on our roster. Suspension is over. This in and out of the line up needs to stop. We need to spend the next 4 games getting rhythm with him running whatever our offense is going to be.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2017, 10:12 PM
Jesus...

Dawg61
12-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Won't be a popular opinion but he needs to be our starting point guard because he's got the most ability for it on our roster. Suspension is over. This in and out of the line up needs to stop. We need to spend the next 4 games getting rhythm with him running whatever our offense is going to be.

Peters needs to play till he's out of this funk.

missouridawg
12-12-2017, 10:25 PM
He needs to find a fat girl and bust the slump.

ababyatemydingo
12-12-2017, 10:26 PM
What does he add to this bb team? Serious question. I'm not bashing I just honestly think that we are a much worse team with him on the floor.

well, he may be as useless as tits on a boar to the basketball team right now, but he is key #1 in getting Devonta Jason and Coe to sign with the football team. They are all very tight. More so than them and Key

Coach34
12-12-2017, 10:30 PM
Ado is the wtf starter for me. He gives us very little. We need to get Herard and Datcher on the floor alot more. Ado couldnt score in a whorehouse with a $100 bill

BeardoMSU
12-12-2017, 10:38 PM
Peters needs to play till he's out of this funk.

Exactly.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Ado is the wtf starter for me. He gives us very little. We need to get Herard and Datcher on the floor alot more. Ado couldnt score in a whorehouse with a $100 bill

I agree his offense has been disappointing, but at least he's providing a semblance of a post D....which we haven't sniffed since JV.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-12-2017, 10:40 PM
We’re a young team and that’s understandable, but we’re also very soft and can’t finish.

RougeDawg
12-12-2017, 10:47 PM
We?d be better off with 4 players on the court than having Herard out there. Every time I?ve seen him touch enthball he?s fumbling it or turning it over. Never a clean catch and basketball move. Pitiful.

Bottom line is our players have regressed dramatically. Top to bottom and even Q do not look as good this year as last. We don?t know about the freshmen but the others? actions speak for themselves.

Dawg61
12-12-2017, 10:50 PM

I want to see Ado & Herard together just for the hell of it. I know it's a disaster waiting to happen but it'll be an entertaining ten minutes.

BeardoMSU
12-12-2017, 10:55 PM
I want to see Ado & Herard together just for the hell of it. I know it's a disaster waiting to happen but it'll be an entertaining ten minutes.

Twin Towers***

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-12-2017, 11:06 PM
I don't think Peters is the problem. He's clearly in a funk and I don't know how to fix it, but as we saw last year he -when on- I one of the best scorers in the country. Yes he's playing like trash, but you know who else is? Almost everyone; the Weatherspoons and Holman are the only consistent performers

We had 4 players score tonight. 4. that shows a real problem that can't be attributed to one player. Why do we get beat down the floor so often? Why do we lose players in transition more than most teams we face? Why does our O have spells of literally standing completely still? Why do we give up so many offensive rebounds? Why is the ability of 1 forward to shoot 3s the most impactful part of the entire frontcourt roster? Why can't we inbounds the ball as easily as everyone else can? Why do we do so many lazy passes that get stolen? Why do we never go to the free throw line as much as our competition? Why do I get the feeling -every game mind you- that the other team has better chemistry and communication than we do?

Peters is playing bad right now, but he'll probably return to who he was a year ago and we'll all be glad to have him back. But there's a ton of problems with this team that have NOTHING to do with him, and quite frankly most of them are coaching problems, not talent ones. I'm still on board the Howland train but even citing "youth" there's still things you can't excuse. The fact nobody has a clue what to do on O aside from 1-on-1 juke moves is chief among them

Dawg61
12-12-2017, 11:08 PM
Twin Towers***

I was thinking 85 Georgetown Hoyas so yes. Commit to it. Be huge and block everything.

preachermatt83
12-12-2017, 11:09 PM
To the guy who sent me the gay rep comment, why don't you send a pm or comment here so that I will ATLEAST know who the idiot is that is really that dumb? Or continue to hide. Don't matter to me.

TXDawg
12-12-2017, 11:20 PM
The problem is that we are not a TEAM yet. We have a bunch of individuals that have great talent, but they aren’t working together to make each other better.

What I saw tonight was a bunch of guys trying to make their own plays and then getting mad at the other guys when they weren’t on the same page. If these guys can learn to play with each other and be a TEAM, we’ll be fine. If not, buckle in for a long season.

Dawg61
12-12-2017, 11:22 PM
To the guy who sent me the gay rep comment, why don't you send a pm or comment here so that I will ATLEAST know who the idiot is that is really that dumb? Or continue to hide. Don't matter to me.

I didn't send it but you can see on the right side of the screen who sends it

preachermatt83
12-12-2017, 11:26 PM
I didn't send it but you can see on the right side of the screen who sends it

On mobile?

Dawg61
12-12-2017, 11:51 PM
On mobile?

Buy a laptop already

Bothrops
12-13-2017, 12:16 AM
We are a very athletic team, but we arent a good team. I've never seen players of this caliber that can't shoot.

preachermatt83
12-13-2017, 12:34 AM
Buy a laptop already

Lol

Lord McBuckethead
12-13-2017, 01:03 AM
Well, they have tried being 5 individual players for 9 games, they might want to try playing as a team for the next 9. Our pgs had what 2 assist tonight?

Dawg61
12-13-2017, 01:27 AM
Peters shooting slump is impressive. He's 6-38 this year on 3's. That's .157%. Not sure I have ever seen an extended cold shooting streak like that before.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/6d/6d14482834bfb06bfc72e10654de1fab7cb981874db64ed3a9 feb99625fe5646.jpg

Coach34
12-13-2017, 05:39 AM
Peters shot 36.6% from 3 last year as a true freshman. He needs to relax, quit worrying about the draft and everything else, and just play ball.

parabrave
12-13-2017, 08:52 AM

I have to agree with you on this one. He is a turnover machine when he does get the ball and apparently the others have no confidence in him. If we don't get a reliable big man down under it's going to be a long year. Oh yeah time to put your big boy pullups on mr Peters.

MaroonFlounder
12-13-2017, 07:14 PM
Herard has regressed. Peters is dead weight. What is needed is Stapleton and The Spoon brothers driving to the basket. There is ZERO post play against good teams. Howland has a huge issue with this team. Against good teams, our guys look as lost as a Peter Sermon defense.

KentuckyDawg13
12-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Peters has a serious attitude problem. Watching his antics @ NKU (Cinci game) when he wasn't playing demonstrates such. Nick W. should start and is the most impressive player we have. He is the only fierce defender we have. His limited shots need to be extended. There was NO set offense vs cinci. It was a glorified street ball game. Cinci had two losses vs quality teams, the timing of this game was horrible for MSU.

Now that Peters is no longer a blip on the NBA draft boards, maybe he will settle in and start playing team ball again.

thedawg
12-14-2017, 09:57 AM
Im ok with him playing through this funk if we will stop pressing and just play .. currently pisses me off just jacking Up threes and driving through three guys for a turnover .. he has a lot of ability but he’s playing like shit and I think it’s because he’s pressing trying to get more minutes or draft status .. Howland either needs to get him to calm down or sit him because playing him in this state is a negative to the team

Cooterpoot
12-14-2017, 10:07 AM
Peters is just another selfish basketball player.

SailingDawg
12-14-2017, 11:56 AM
Peters is just another selfish basketball player.

That's how the pros work, isn't it? Where is this magnificent talent from AAU ball this summer?

drunkernhelldawg
12-14-2017, 06:44 PM

I haven't watched the whole game yet. Do you think we could have won with better shooting?