PDA

View Full Version : Tenn. Recruicting Dude Says a Flip Coming

Spiderman
12-12-2017, 10:04 AM
for Murphy out of West Point to the Vols.

https://twitter.com/blakemorganSEC/status/940587804647739392

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2017, 10:05 AM
If this happens, the NCAA should be in Knoxville tomorrow.

There is simply no other explanation.

Tbonewannabe
12-12-2017, 10:06 AM
So is this guy have sources like Yancy or actual good sources? I don't know how an offensive player couldn't be excited to play in Coach JoeMo's offense.

12-12-2017, 10:08 AM
Don't believe it. Tennessee obviously thinks they can take anything we have, as evidenced with Mullen (don't tell them that Mullen turned them down).

That said, you were crazy if you did not expect other teams to come after our recruits.

shoeless joe
12-12-2017, 10:11 AM
Don't be surprised if he visits

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2017, 10:13 AM
for Murphy out of West Point to the Vols.

https://twitter.com/blakemorganSEC/status/940587804647739392

Pretty sure he said "could"

Not exactly what your headline says

Don't be surprised if he visits

I'd visit every school I could if I was a recruit.

msstate7
Cannot help but think if Pruitt really wanted this job and he is trying to stick it to us here

Really Clark?
12-12-2017, 10:19 AM
Same type of "information" that Carvin committed to Florida?? They get him for a short OV and the site guys are pumping he will flip. It is recruiting season and things move fast for the kids and coaches. And the recruiting sites need clicks. TN is recruiting him hard and that is making it a full recruiting effort.

GoDawgz
12-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Photo of him and Vol coaches on his page. This would be a huge disappointment.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-12-2017, 10:20 AM
Gillespie will be more than a thorn in our side on any Mississippi kid UT wants.

Really Clark?
12-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Cannot help but think if Pruitt really wanted this job and he is trying to stick it to us here

That's not how it played out. It went the way Pruitt wanted

Political Hack
12-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Carvin to Florida and Murphy to Tenn wouldn’t shock me, but I think anyone saying those two things are a done deal is kidding themselves.

CottonDog
12-12-2017, 10:22 AM
So is this guy have sources like Yancy or actual good sources? I don't know how an offensive player couldn't be excited to play in Coach JoeMo's offense.

I have known Blake for a while. He went to State. He doesn't think it's 100% but he has a good source from MS that told him this could happen.

Really Clark?
12-12-2017, 10:22 AM

Been there for days. Their in home was reported days ago.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Carvin to Florida and Murphy to Tenn wouldn’t shock me, but I think anyone saying those two things are a done deal is kidding themselves.

Would be awful if this happened

GoDawgz
12-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Been there for days. Their in home was reported days ago.

yep

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2017, 10:25 AM

Every player does that. Pictures don't concern me, actions do.

The big thing is for the MSU recruiting machine to prevent Murphy from taking that Tennessee visit this weekend.

I always wonder if savvy recruits create drama at the end to see if they can get a little extra before they sign? Almost Jimmy Sexton is representing some of these guys

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-12-2017, 10:27 AM
1) Did Pruitt recruit Murphy when he was at bama? I don't know the area he covered, but if there's absolutely no relationship between Murphy and Pruitt I"m not buying a flip for a second. 1 visit isn't enough.

2) Has Murphy visited Tennessee before? It's a little late for an OV and if he's never been on their campus it's a heck of a leap of faith to commit

Even if he knows Pruitt well and has seen their facilities, I doubt he flips. But I'm saying 0% chance if the answer is "no" to either of them

MarketingBully
12-12-2017, 10:27 AM
Whatever man. Steve is saying this same bullshit. Just because a kid visits doesn’t mean he’s going to flip. This really is getting ridiculous. Our fans are our own worst enemy.

Spiderman
12-12-2017, 10:29 AM
Brandon Walker now saying on Six Pack that we are now fighting an up hill battle for Murphy and that folks in WP are worried. Walker definitely has good sources in WP

MarketingBully
12-12-2017, 10:30 AM

The big thing is for the MSU recruiting machine to prevent Murphy from taking that Tennessee visit this weekend.

I always wonder if savvy recruits create drama at the end to see if they can get a little extra before they sign? Almost Jimmy Sexton is representing some of these guys

Even if he visits this weekend, it doesn’t mean he will flip. Marlon Humphrey visited us the last recruiting weekend before he picked Alabama. Did we really see that one going for the good guys?

Irondawg

I would if I were them. My problem with this is understanding how they suddenly just become a huge factor basically just by hiring Pruitt? But whatever, i'm getting tired of reading daily drama on "committed kids" flirting with other programs.

The downside to all these coaching hires is some bigger schools really needing to make a splash with recruits and it's going to hurt us b/c several of them hired guys with ties our primary recruiting area. All this i don't think is about losing our old staff, but more about the new people at other jobs.

Will keep fingers crossed on this one

ShotgunDawg
Brandon Walker now saying on Six Pack that we are now fighting an up hill battle for Murphy and that folks in WP are worried. Walker definitely has good sources in WP

Yup. Amazing how you can be fighting an uphill battle to a staff that was hired a few days ago at a bad program.

We just have to prevent him from taking the visit.

Really Clark?
12-12-2017, 10:32 AM
yep

...It's a big nothing burger that has been on his page for days. But NOW it means something? Na

msudawglb
12-12-2017, 10:34 AM
Got to figure with TN's Pruitt being the coach and Fair (their DB coach) doing the visit, they are selling Murphy by telling him he's a natural fit for their safety position and they are going to have a lights out defense like Alabama's. They are probably negatively recruiting by telling Murphy that MSU is going to use him wrong on offense (that would also be backed up by Merlens original plan as Murphy being a safety).

This would need to be countered by CJM by telling Murphy that he could possibly play both ways at MSU. We will see what's your natural fit.

MarketingBully
12-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Got to figure with TN's Pruitt being the coach and Fair (their DB coach) doing the visit, they are selling Murphy by telling him he's a natural fit for their safety position and they are going to have a lights out defense like Alabama's. They are probably negatively recruiting by telling Murphy that MSU is going to use him wrong on offense (that would also be backed up by Merlens original plan as Murphy being a safety).

Nope, it’s money. We have to turn these assholes in.

DownwardDawg
12-12-2017, 10:37 AM
That's not how it played out. It went the way Pruitt wanted

So Pruitt wanted to lose the State job to Moorhead? Because that's how it played out.

DogsofAnarchy
12-12-2017, 10:38 AM
Whatever man. Steve is saying this same bullshit. Just because a kid visits doesn?t mean he?s going to flip. This really is getting ridiculous. Our fans are our own worst enemy.

A lot of these people aren’t our fans!! We will figure it out. And for the record, I don’t think anyone will flip!!

Really Clark?
12-12-2017, 10:39 AM
So Pruitt wanted to lose the State job to Moorhead? Because that's how it played out.

Really? He wasn't ready to commit to a school until things shook out with Tenn and FSU

msstate7
12-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Really? He wasn't ready to commit to a school until things shook out with Tenn and FSU

So Moorhead was our 2nd choice?

Bubb Rubb
12-12-2017, 10:42 AM
Don't believe it. Tennessee obviously thinks they can take anything we have, as evidenced with Mullen (don't tell them that Mullen turned them down).

That said, you were crazy if you did not expect other teams to come after our recruits.

You'd better believe it.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Keep an eye out for mama and see if she if she gives up the Wal-Mart job in the next few days.***

I seen it dawg
12-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Murphy to State

Really Clark?
12-12-2017, 10:56 AM
So Moorhead was our 2nd choice?

No but Pruitt wasn't going to commit to us if offered and was up front about that.

DLGDawg
12-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Murphy to State
Boom

TrapGame
12-12-2017, 11:15 AM
No but Pruitt wasn't going to commit to us if offered and was up front about that.

What about the PR blitz saying he had been offered? Seems he was pushing us to hire him.

mstatefan91
12-12-2017, 11:15 AM
son of a bitch, get it together

preachermatt83
12-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Murphy is 100 percent bulldog. Same deal as Kylin with Texas last year. Don't blame these kids for taking visits.

Doggie_Style
12-12-2017, 11:31 AM
This is why we hired our current staff....JoMo, show me what you got!

https://goo.gl/images/9Bnz1F

Really Clark?
12-12-2017, 11:33 AM
What about the PR blitz saying he had been offered? Seems he was pushing us to hire him.

That came from Pruitts camp? And his agent, Sexton? Yeah what could I be thinking, no way Sexton would do something like that. First reports of our offer read something like, friends or people close to Pruitt report MSU has offered him the HC job and he is strongly considering accepting or will most likely accept. The alleged offer leak didn't come from MSU or Cohen

preachermatt83
12-12-2017, 11:38 AM
Murphy to State

Told ya. This is as good as a signature. When isid says it you can bank on it.

Political Hack
12-12-2017, 11:39 AM
Word on the street are that things seem to be settling down with MM. Hopefully that’s that andnits over, but never underestimate silly season.

Msujd164
12-12-2017, 11:41 AM

Throwing up the "shocker". Nice.

TrapGame
12-12-2017, 11:48 AM
That came from Pruitts camp? And his agent, Sexton? Yeah what could I be thinking, no way Sexton would do something like that. First reports of our offer read something like, friends or people close to Pruitt report MSU has offered him the HC job and he is strongly considering accepting or will most likely accept. The alleged offer leak didn't come from MSU or Cohen

It seems Pruitt really wanted our job and tried to force Cohen/Keenum to hire him with the PR. It backfired. We were not in love with him.

Tbonewannabe
12-12-2017, 11:49 AM

It very much seemed like Sexton was trying to scare off any other options so Pruitt could have the MSU offer and maybe play UT and FSU against it. We probably wouldn't have waited for Pruitt to see if things shook out like that but it seems like Sexton was trying to force the situation. I do think that Moorhead was Cohen's first option because I think Cohen believes in getting a great offensive system as the building block. A good to great DC is a lot easier to hire than a good to great offensive coordinator. Also it is easier to change DC systems than OC other than changing from 3-4 to 4-3 unless you have the Dline for it.

TrapGame
12-12-2017, 12:01 PM
It very much seemed like Sexton was trying to scare off any other options so Pruitt could have the MSU offer and maybe play UT and FSU against it. We probably wouldn't have waited for Pruitt to see if things shook out like that but it seems like Sexton was trying to force the situation. I do think that Moorhead was Cohen's first option because I think Cohen believes in getting a great offensive system as the building block. A good to great DC is a lot easier to hire than a good to great offensive coordinator. Also it is easier to change DC systems than OC other than changing from 3-4 to 4-3 unless you have the Dline for it.

I think Pruitt knew it was him or Moorhead (with Joe way ahead of him) and he was trying to muddy the waters. I'm sure we asked him to spell asparagus. He looked at Cohen blankly and knew he wouldn't be getting the job.

Mimi's Babies
12-12-2017, 12:05 PM
Take a break guys. His mother and he were together at a gathering this past weekend at MSU.

As to why Pruitt didn't get the job.... My guess, Sexton nor his office should have leaked his name to the media.

Spiderman
12-12-2017, 12:18 PM
Talking of Sexton, could he become a victim of his success as it pertains to the Pruitt's, and other asst. coaches like him, and lower level HCs?

Will schools give non-Sexton coaches a first look, or maybe a more thorough look, just so they don't have to deal with him or his BS?

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2017, 12:22 PM
Talking of Sexton, could he become a victim of his success as it pertains to the Pruitt's, and other asst. coaches like him, and lower level HCs?

Will schools give non-Sexton coaches a first look, or maybe a more thorough look, just so they don't have to deal with him or his BS?

Yes. Scott Boras has caused the same issue in MLB.

Talent is still talent & so long as Sexton has the best great coaches, people will attempt to hire those coaches.

It's the 2nd level assistants & lesser guys that will have the problem. Just like Boras, there will be numerous teams/schools that refuse to deal with him.

Cooterpoot
12-12-2017, 12:33 PM
Pruitt didn't have "glowing" references. The guy has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in the past. Not to say he's not a good coach, but he's got some baggage.

msbulldog
12-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Pruitt didn't have "glowing" references. The guy has rubbed a lot of people the wrong way in the past. Not to say he's not a good coach, but he's got some baggage.

Yeah showed up at Mark Richt's house drunk and threatened to whip his a$$.

TrapGame
12-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Yeah showed up at Mark Richt's house drunk and threatened to whip his a$$.

I didn't see these **** so I assume this is based on fact.

Wow, I'm glad we didn't hire that dude. Joe Mo sounded very well on Bo this am.

MarketingBully
12-12-2017, 01:57 PM

The sheer amount of aiights in his press conference told me we hired the right guy in Coach Moorhead. Pruitt’s press conference made Lane Kiffin sound like an amazing public speaker. Pruitt took Saban’s aiight to a whole new level.

MarketingBully
12-12-2017, 02:01 PM
This is what I’m talking about aiight:

https://youtu.be/aqYgNi2a2EE

BuckyIsAB****
12-12-2017, 02:03 PM
I think Murphy is all dawg

I seen it dawg
12-12-2017, 02:06 PM
Murphy to State

What this said

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2017, 02:14 PM
Word on the street are that things seem to be settling down with MM. Hopefully that’s that andnits over, but never underestimate silly season.

Settling down? Ha! There was nothing to settle down.

Political Hack
12-12-2017, 02:18 PM
Settling down? Ha! There was nothing to settle down.

There was. And it was settled down.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2017, 02:20 PM
There was. And it was settled down.

for fans...that's it. Do you live in WP?

Political Hack
12-12-2017, 02:24 PM
for fans...that's it. Do you live in WP?

Nope. Don’t need to. You know who else wasn’t in WP much lately? MM.

Tenn made a push, he entertained it for a minute, but once news started spreading and people started asking, he cleared it up pretty quick. He’s got the most important reason in the world to stay close to home.

louisvilledawg
12-12-2017, 02:25 PM
Murphy is 100 percent bulldog. Same deal as Kylin with Texas last year. Don't blame these kids for taking visits.

Oh no. Murphy going to UT now confirmed.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Nope. Don’t need to. You know who else wasn’t in WP much lately? MM.

Tenn made a push, he entertained it for a minute, but once news started spreading and people started asking, he cleared it up pretty quick. He’s got the most important reason in the world to stay close to home.

Well I do.. Define "entertained" because I was told that he was just going on the visit as a courtesy and never had any consideration AT ALL. And he thinks all of this is funny that everyone thinks he's going.

Political Hack
12-12-2017, 02:36 PM
Entertained taking a trip. I don’t know what a “courtesy visit” is in recruiting, but a lot of late recruiting visits don’t end well for State when Ole Miss, Tenn, or Auburn are involved.

He may have been comfortable with what he was doing, but others were worried. Im obviously not going to speak for the young man. Never met him and wouldn’t try to depict his inner thoughts even if I had.

HaggardDawg
12-12-2017, 04:17 PM
Haven?t seen this mentioned but there?s no way Murphy is visiting UT this weekend unless he goes Sunday. The MS/AL game is at noon on Saturday. That means he gets to Knox at midnight for a visit or he drives round trip Sunday to be back for school Monday. The logistics don?t make sense to me. He?s an early enrolle so he?ll sign next Wednesday. Sorry if Germans

RougeDawg
12-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Why do we continue to act like 13 year old girls during recruiting season? Jesus H., at least act like you?ve grown a pair and been here, done this before. Recruiting season is like going out on the town with your girl. Guys will try to talk to her. If she?s committed nothing to worry about. If she?s not committed, oh well. At least you find out.

Let?s defer to what our leader Fitz said last week. One person does not make a program. Yes we want the best components but we will work with what we have when we get them. We need to get Tampax to sponson this board between EB and signing day.

GoDawgz
12-12-2017, 04:38 PM

This ^^^^^!

GoDawgz
12-12-2017, 04:40 PM
...It's a big nothing burger that has been on his page for days. But NOW it means something? Na

I REALLY hope you are right CLARK! :D

Jarius
12-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Haven?t seen this mentioned but there?s no way Murphy is visiting UT this weekend unless he goes Sunday. The MS/AL game is at noon on Saturday. That means he gets to Knox at midnight for a visit or he drives round trip Sunday to be back for school Monday. The logistics don?t make sense to me. He?s an early enrolle so he?ll sign next Wednesday. Sorry if Germans

He told Steve at the All Star practice today that he and his mother were going Saturday after the all star game.

3rdGen
12-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Told ya. This is as good as a signature. When isid says it you can bank on it.

Headed to the bank! Boom Pow! ;)

shoeless joe
12-12-2017, 05:28 PM
He told Steve at the All Star practice today that he and his mother were going Saturday after the all star game.

Yes the family was going up after the game and coming home Monday...as a graduating senior he has no school Monday. That was as of earlier this mornin. May have changed since then.

Stark11
12-12-2017, 05:45 PM
We need to send someone to West Point to talk to him! We need to reassure him that we want him. Most of these kids want attention. We can't afford to lose kids from Starkville and West Point to other schools. This is our backyard!!

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Yes the family was going up after the game and coming home Monday...as a graduating senior he has no school Monday. That was as of earlier this mornin. May have changed since then.

Quiet period starts Sunday night at midnight so no he couldn't stay until Monday.

Mimi's Babies
12-12-2017, 07:53 PM

Monday and Tuesday are Final Exams -- for those schools on the block schedule...

shoeless joe
12-12-2017, 09:14 PM
Quiet period starts Sunday night at midnight so no he couldn't stay until Monday.

I'm just tellin you what I was told by someone that was goin on the trip...

shoeless joe
12-12-2017, 09:15 PM
Monday and Tuesday are Final Exams -- for those schools on the block schedule...

Senior exams are Thursday and Friday. He won't be at school Monday or Tuesday of next week...nor will any other graduating senior

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2017, 09:40 PM
I'm just tellin you what I was told by someone that was goin on the trip...

I'm just saying what the NCAA rules are.

I seen it dawg
12-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Murphy to State

preachermatt83
12-12-2017, 10:16 PM

This^

shoeless joe
12-12-2017, 10:20 PM

I don't get get your point...the family could obviously go and stay wherever they wanted for however long they wanted. Now according to rules they couldn't spend the night Sunday on UT's dime but that doesn't mean they can't/won't be heading home to WP Monday.

I don't care either way as I firmly believe he will end up at state but to act like he won't be making the trip or won't be traveling home Monday because that's the dead period makes zero since and that is the exact timeline of events I originally posted. I know for a fact that earlier this morning that was the plan...make it home Monday. Whoever wants to dispute this to make themselves feel better or important is free to do so but it is what it is...carry on.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-12-2017, 10:26 PM
I don't get get your point...the family could obviously go and stay wherever they wanted for however long they wanted. Now according to rules they couldn't spend the night Sunday on UT's dime but that doesn't mean they can't/won't be heading home to WP Monday.

I don't care either way as I firmly believe he will end up at state but to act like he won't be making the trip or won't be traveling home Monday because that's the dead period makes zero since and that is the exact timeline of events I originally posted. I know for a fact that earlier this morning that was the plan...make it home Monday. Whoever wants to dispute this to make themselves feel better or important is free to do so but it is what it is...carry on.

My point was that they can't have any face to face contact after midnight on Sunday. Where have I said he couldn't make the trip? I was letting people know the rules of dead period.

shoeless joe
12-12-2017, 10:30 PM
My point was that they can't have any face to face contact after midnight on Sunday. Where have I said he couldn't make the trip? I was letting people know the rules of dead period.

Fair enough...

msbulldog
12-13-2017, 04:26 AM

Happened, I was living in Macon, Ga at the time.