PDA

View Full Version : Who wants L Jackson to play and who wants him to sit?

Leroy Jenkins
12-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Since the playoff has relegated the other bowls to consolation prizes, the trend for many high draft picks is to sit out. Would you rather play LVille with Jackson or without? I want to see the guy play even if it lowers our chances to 50/50 from the 80/20 I would guess it to be without him.
On the other hand, we are playing without a starting QB, so I guess its even. I dont know.

preachermatt83
12-11-2017, 08:43 PM
I want to win.

dawgs
12-11-2017, 08:49 PM
How is the gator bowl any more or less important than it was 10 years ago? 20 years ago? Whatever year the bowl started? It’s a nice vacation and glorified exhibition game between 2 teams that have no shot of winning the national title. The idea that the BCS and now the CFP suddenly took away the importance of these bowl games is ludicrous. They are the same as they’ve always been.

RocketDawg
12-11-2017, 08:52 PM
How is the gator bowl any more or less important than it was 10 years ago? 20 years ago? Whatever year the bowl started? It’s a nice vacation and glorified exhibition game between 2 teams that have no shot of winning the national title. The idea that the BCS and now the CFP suddenly took away the importance of these bowl games is ludicrous. They are the same as they’ve always been.

The Gator Bowl has been around a long time. It was one of the early bowls when there was only a handful (maybe 5 or 6), and getting a bowl invitation really meant something.

Cooterpoot
12-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Sit. It’s about the W. Need a jump on rankings next year.

Dawg61
12-11-2017, 08:56 PM
I want to face Lamar. I am sure they have a decent backup so it ain't like they'll turn into Akron without him. I doubt he runs very much if he plays so we'll be facing a toned down version of the 2016 Heisman winner.

Coach34
12-11-2017, 08:59 PM
It's about the win and momentum for next year. Jackson sitting is good for Miss State. Us losing that game hurts the program. Winning it- regardless of who plays- is good momentum for the program.

msstate7
12-11-2017, 09:02 PM
I think he will play. Hopefully he will play to protect himself... not run and pass from the pocket

Dawg61
12-11-2017, 09:07 PM
It's about the win and momentum for next year. Jackson sitting is good for Miss State. Us losing that game hurts the program. Winning it- regardless of who plays- is good momentum for the program.

Obviously I know zero about their backup but I am not sold Lamar sitting means they are worse off. It's going to be a watered down version of Lamar. He will protect himself from injury which means no running. He'd be a damn idiot not to. Backup will be hungry to prove himself. I'd rather face watered down Lamar and that's without knowing anything about the RAT on the bench. I understand your stance though.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2017, 09:07 PM
I have absolutely no idea what to expect in the Gator Bowl

- We have a primitive coaching staff, but coaches trying to prove themselves.
- We have our backup QB but he is talented with a full month of prep.
- We are coming off a tough loss & the loss of our QB, but the players will be pumped to show Moorhead what they can do. I see no way that they are flat.

I just have zero clue what we will look or play like in that game.

basedog
12-11-2017, 09:41 PM
Obviously I know zero about their backup but I am not sold Lamar sitting means they are worse off. It's going to be a watered down version of Lamar. He will protect himself from injury which means no running. He'd be a damn idiot not to. Backup will be hungry to prove himself. I'd rather face watered down Lamar and that's without knowing anything about the RAT on the bench. I understand your stance though.

Let's put this way, he may think he want take any chances, but when he has the ball it's open season on his ass. He knows this and a guy who has won a Hesiman will want to win I'm betting. Don't see him less than 100%, he is a pretty smart runner.

maroonmania
12-11-2017, 09:43 PM
I want to win.

Me too BUT I have never been less invested in a bowl game. I mean we have half a coaching staff left on campus who apparently are all (except Baker) spending most of their time looking for another job. You know that is a higher priority for them than preparing our team for a bowl game. And on top of that we have to start our true freshman QB because the cheap shot Rebs put out our starter.

Political Hack
12-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Hell no. I want to see our D against him. Let’s see how good we can be next year.

Dildoes
12-11-2017, 10:23 PM
I'll be sitting my ass in the stands and I damn well wanna see Jackson play. Dude is just plain fun to watch.

bulldawg28
12-11-2017, 11:15 PM
I'll be sitting my ass in the stands and I damn well wanna see Jackson play. Dude is just plain fun to watch.

He's exciting no doubt.

Bothrops
12-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Sit but he's not gonna.

RougeDawg
12-12-2017, 12:49 AM
Is it even an option he doesn?t play?

BiscuitEater
12-12-2017, 05:29 AM
How is the gator bowl any more or less important than it was 10 years ago? 20 years ago? Whatever year the bowl started?

Personally would like to see number of bowls reduced .. even if it means we or other SEC teams don't go so often. Number of bowl games has increased to .. 15 games in 1980, to 19 games in 1990, 25 games in 2000, 35 games in 2010 and 41 games by 2015 (40 games plus two teams playing a second game to determine the National Champion).

It used to mean more.

KentuckyDawg13
12-12-2017, 08:01 AM
No. He has stated several times that he is playing. Lamar will be the fastest running QB we have faced all season. I am sure our D is excited about the challenge. Our secondary is what I am concerned with as Lamar can thread needles with his arm.

FISHDAWG
12-12-2017, 08:46 AM
I just want to see Peter Sirmon leave the field with cleat marks across his back where we ran all over his defense

MedDawg
12-12-2017, 08:52 AM
Since the playoff has relegated the other bowls to consolation prizes, the trend for many high draft picks is to sit out. Would you rather play LVille with Jackson or without? I want to see the guy play even if it lowers our chances to 50/50 from the 80/20 I would guess it to be without him.
On the other hand, we are playing without a starting QB, so I guess its even. I dont know.

I want to win--a 9th win looks a lot better than 8. If we had Mullen and Grantham, I wouldn't mind seeing what we could do against them full strength with us having Key instead of Fitz. Now that we have a skeleton coaching crew, I would rather him not play.

Edit to add: More important that just going from 8 to 9 wins is finishing ranked. Likely in the Top 20 if we win. If he plays, then we need to beat him.

basedog
12-12-2017, 09:28 AM
I just want to see Peter Sirmon leave the field with cleat marks across his back where we ran all over his defense

This made me laugh!! So true!

+1

RougeDawg
12-12-2017, 09:33 AM
No. He has stated several times that he is playing. Lamar will be the fastest running QB we have faced all season. I am sure our D is excited about the challenge. Our secondary is what I am concerned with as Lamar can thread needles with his arm.

Has Louisville played a defense since they played LSU in the bowl last year? LSU shut their asses down and I fully expect our guys to do the same. Should be a nice showcase for KT. His touch on passes is beyond his age. Once his decision making speeds up with more playing time, I fully expect him to challenge all of our QB records. Dude has all the skills and a much higher ceiling potential than Dak or Fitz.

Tbonewannabe
12-12-2017, 09:41 AM
Has Louisville played a defense since they played LSU in the bowl last year? LSU shut their asses down and I fully expect our guys to do the same. Should be a nice showcase for KT. His touch on passes is beyond his age. Once his decision making speeds up with more playing time, I fully expect him to challenge all of our QB records. Dude has all the skills and a much higher ceiling potential than Dak or Fitz.

This is one thing that is in our favor. Our strengths match up with UofL. We have to replace Fitz with Key but their defense is shit anyway. Once Key settled in then we ran all over UM. It will come down to if our defense can stop Jackson and I like our chances if English can call a good game. At least he has been a DC before unlike the Orange Bowl. I also like the fact that Elliot is calling the offense. He knows Mullen's offense so it isn't like throwing someone in that doesn't know the calls.

dawgs
12-12-2017, 02:44 PM

Clempson’s defense is OK.

Dawgface
12-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Sit. Not interested in seeing him have a field day with our secondary.

Activated Alpha
12-12-2017, 03:39 PM
Yeah if Jackson does play, it's not going to be pretty against our secondary. Yes, our guys will be motivated to play against him, but after a few gut punches I fear they will be able to run away