PDA

View Full Version : 34th in AP poll

Political Hack
12-11-2017, 02:04 PM
That?s disrespectful.

Lord McBuckethead
12-11-2017, 02:29 PM
Not really. We may be the 34th best team without our starting qb. The team will have a chance to respond in 19 days.
Nevermind, you are talking basketball. Hmm.. maybe 34 is a little disrespectful. Players control that 100%.

BulldogDX55
12-11-2017, 02:35 PM
That?s disrespectful.

Is this a C34 reference or do you really think we are better than that? 8-0 is great, but I think our highest RPI opponent was SFA somewhere in the 90s. We will know a whole lot more about this team after the Cincy game.

LC Dawg
12-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Huge game Tuesday. A win will legitimize us. A blowout loss will bring a lot of "I told you so". We need to be competitive and I think we will. We have the talent and it seems that everyone is healthy and hopefully the suspensions have gotten a message across and we can count on everyone.

Lord McBuckethead
12-11-2017, 02:39 PM
I am going to be the one to bring it up. Your post with the ? in place of the ' is the issue here.
Get a real phone.

Lord McBuckethead
12-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Just 17n with you PH. But seriously, Apple is like facebook. It was cool until my grandmother had one and their "innovations" were released by samsung 5 years ago.

Liverpooldawg
12-11-2017, 03:18 PM
I don?t think it?s disrespectful. We still haven?t played outside of Mississippi and we really haven?t played anyone yet. If we win, or at least be competitive in, the next one then we need to revisit this topic.

Political Hack
12-11-2017, 03:25 PM
Just 17n with you PH. But seriously, Apple is like facebook. It was cool until my grandmother had one and their "innovations" were released by samsung 5 years ago.

It’s fixed.

Political Hack
12-11-2017, 03:29 PM
8-0 deserves more than 8 votes in the top 25 imo. Duke even lost to unranked BC. Upsets happen all the time. to be perfect at 8-0 deserves some recognition.

Ari Gold
12-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Hoops team has done exactly what they needed too. Have no bad losses before Cincy.
This game would be a HUGE resume builder come March..

chef dixon
12-11-2017, 03:52 PM
34 is pretty generous honestly, and I like the team but we?ve got work to do to make noise in conference play

Dawgbite
12-11-2017, 03:58 PM
This team will get smoked tomorrow night. I hope they prove me wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

CadaverDawg
12-11-2017, 04:01 PM
It’s fixed.

How’d you fix it?

msstate7
12-11-2017, 04:03 PM
I worry about the first 10 mins of the game tomorrow. It will be the first time this season someone can match our athleticism, maybe surpass it

RougeDawg
12-11-2017, 04:04 PM
This team will get smoked tomorrow night. I hope they prove me wrong but I'm not holding my breath.

That a way to be positive. Cincy is beatable from what I saw Saturday.

drunkernhelldawg
12-11-2017, 05:49 PM
8-0 deserves more than 8 votes in the top 25 imo. Duke even lost to unranked BC. Upsets happen all the time. to be perfect at 8-0 deserves some recognition.

Totally agree. But happy we're edging our way up in there.

8-0 should easily be Top 25, but we've been down so long that people may have forgotten us.

Dawgbite
12-11-2017, 06:21 PM
That a way to be positive. Cincy is beatable from what I saw Saturday.

Hope you are right. I haven't watched Cincy play a second this year but have watched enough of our games to see that our half court offense is terrible. If we can't score in transition, we jack up three's. This team hasn't shown me the ability to play as a team. I see five good players but not a good team.

RocketDawg
12-11-2017, 07:01 PM

Who invented the smart phone, then everybody started to copy?

MCsMGs
12-11-2017, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about a ranking at this point.

The coaches and players know very well how important this game is and they think we can win this game. Like 7 said above...it's the first 10 minutes I'm concerned about. We sure can't afford to spot them 15 or 20 in the first half!

Political Hack
12-11-2017, 08:18 PM
How’d you fix it?

I didn’t. It fixed itself somehow. I just happened to notice it during this thread while we happened to be talking about it and chose to announce it. Weird, huh?

preachermatt83
12-11-2017, 08:35 PM
If howland has us in the tourney or on the Bible then I will be very satisfied

whosyourdawgy
12-11-2017, 08:41 PM
We are 8-0 but haven?t really played that well yet. That says something for us but if we play like we have these first 8 games tomorrow night and we fire up 30 3?s and make 20 percent of them, we will get beat by 20. We are at our best when being aggressive to the basket. Peters penetrating and dishing or a Weatherspoon trying to finish at the rim. Interested to see how Ado does tomorrow as well

MarketingBully
12-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Hope you are right. I haven't watched Cincy play a second this year but have watched enough of our games to see that our half court offense is terrible. If we can't score in transition, we jack up three's. This team hasn't shown me the ability to play as a team. I see five good players but not a good team.

Haven’t seen Cincy play but say we’re going to get smoked. Great talking with ya. Maybe you didn’t see but Peters and Q are starting to warm up from three land. Between the two of them they hit 7 threes on Saturday. But whatevs. We will get smoked. Also, our halfcourt offense is improving and our biggest issue IMO has been health and suspensions. We will have everyone back and healthy for this game. I think it will be competitive but we might not win it but we still will go 12-1 in the OOC schedule and odds are good start the SEC 4-1 for a 16-2 start. But I doubt that will bring our fans back to the Hump because for some reason people would still say we sucked even if we started the season 16-2. It seems our fans want to be chic that way.

RocketDawg
12-11-2017, 08:46 PM

Bubble? Since it's you, you may have meant Bible. :) But then it doesn't make sense, at least to me.

MarketingBully
12-11-2017, 08:52 PM
We are 8-0 but haven?t really played that well yet. That says something for us but if we play like we have these first 8 games tomorrow night and we fire up 30 3?s and make 20 percent of them, we will get beat by 20. We are at our best when being aggressive to the basket. Peters penetrating and dishing or a Weatherspoon trying to finish at the rim. Interested to see how Ado does tomorrow as well

We have played well in spurts but have lost focus when we turn some games into blowouts. In the SFA game, we went up 16 and lost focus and still found a way to win in the end. We boat raced Dayton for the first 25 minutes of the game and went up 21 and lost focus the last 10 or so minutes to win it in the end. This game against Cincy will be the first game we will have everyone back from suspension and injury. I just want to see us go out there and give 100% effort for 40 minutes, continue to play great defense, and be patient in our halfcourt offense. That means taking perimeter shots or driving to the basket for layups or drawing fouls within the flow of the offense. If we do that, we will definitely like the result as I believe we would beat them straight up. I think they will have fits with Nick W and Peters applying ball pressure out front at the point of attack. We should have opportunities to turn them over and get easy offense that way as well. Florida scored about 30 points off their turnovers and I think our guards can have similar success.

MarketingBully
12-11-2017, 08:55 PM

I think you will be satisfied as that is where we are headed.

whosyourdawgy
12-11-2017, 09:07 PM
We’ve got to find our stroke from 3 and knock down open looks in the flow like you say. We don’t need forced 3’s unless shot clock is winding down. We’ve forced a bunch of quick 3’s so far this season. We need to try and be a little more patient and run sets to get open looks

Dawg61
12-11-2017, 09:13 PM

I love Apple and I love my iPhone. Glad you love your phone but I'll never understand the need to shit on the iPhone from non-users.

MCsMGs
12-11-2017, 09:18 PM
We’ve got to find our stroke from 3 and knock down open looks in the flow like you say. We don’t need forced 3’s unless shot clock is winding down. We’ve forced a bunch of quick 3’s so far this season. We need to try and be a little more patient and run sets to get open looks

I don't understand why you say we have been "forcing" threes...some, yes, but most have been open looks that we just haven't knocked down.

That said, we still need to attack the rim and push the ball on defensive rebounds. We are as good as anybody in transition.

RougeDawg
12-11-2017, 10:47 PM
One key will be staying out of foul trouble and having to sub in Stone Hands Herard. He?s really regressed and seems to have trouble holding on to the back almkst every time he touches it.

Dawg61
12-12-2017, 12:14 AM
One key will be staying out of foul trouble and having to sub in Stone Hands Herard. He?s really regressed and seems to have trouble holding on to the back almkst every time he touches it.

Best fix for Herard's hands are to play Datcher/Feazell/Singleton instead.

whosyourdawgy
12-12-2017, 08:29 PM
I don't understand why you say we have been "forcing" threes...some, yes, but most have been open looks that we just haven't knocked down.

That said, we still need to attack the rim and push the ball on defensive rebounds. We are as good as anybody in transition.

Do you see now that we shoot quick 3’s that lead to easy baskets for the other team. It’s happened a ton tonight

Political Hack
12-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Y’all watching this game?

34th was way too high. Idiots gave them 8 votes.

drunkernhelldawg
12-12-2017, 08:33 PM
I love Apple and I love my iPhone. Glad you love your phone but I'll never understand the need to shit on the iPhone from non-users.

I've been through a 12 step program. Loving my Android. Freedom!

PassInterference
12-12-2017, 09:07 PM
34th seems accurate.