PDA

View Full Version : 4* OT Jerome Carvin 3 CB?s to Florida this morning. Gonzo finally

RougeDawg
12-11-2017, 11:51 AM
Recruiting a position we need but for the wrong program. He was a 50% lean until this morning and a Cordova TN kid.

A guy we most likely need badly and we are going to whiff. Even Robbie Faulk CB?d him to Florida.

Do we have any more visits with him? Chances of landing him? Thoughts?

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2017, 11:55 AM
Moorhead and Johnson have an in-home tonight.

There is some thought that the kid has trouble saying no.

There is also still a thought that he wants to stay close to home.

dawgday166
Recruiting a position we need but for the wrong program. He was a 50% lean until this morning and a Cordova TN kid.

A guy we most likely need badly and we are going to whiff. Even Robbie Faulk CB?d him to Florida.

I don't think it's official yet. JoMo and Johnson supposed to have in-home with him tonight.

Ari Gold

In Home tonight I believe or sometime this week.
His dad is pro state , handicapped long way to Gainesville
Everyone pump the brakes. Let’s see what happens.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Was he committed to us then flipped?

msstate7
12-11-2017, 11:59 AM
When does dead period start?

dawgday166
12-11-2017, 12:00 PM

No .. not committed I don't believe. Just a probable target.

Really Clark?
12-11-2017, 12:01 PM

No. He wasn't committed to anyone.

Big4Dawg
No - but a heavy leaner.

Florida 247 site is also saying there is one more State recruit (didn't say committed or uncommitted) that is leaning towards Florida.

Really Clark?
When does dead period start?

Sunday evening

msstate7
12-11-2017, 12:05 PM
No - but a heavy leaner.

Florida 247 site is also saying there is one more State recruit (didn't say committed or uncommitted) that is leaning towards Florida.

Cary Hudson on sps says he would not be surprised if McDowell goes to Florida. No idea how credible Cary Hudson is, but that would be an absolute kick to the nuts

Big4Dawg
12-11-2017, 12:06 PM
Cary Hudson on sps says he would not be surprised if McDowell goes to Florida. No idea how credible Cary Hudson is, but that would be an absolute kick to the nuts

If it's him, that would be brutal. We would have 1 OL signee left in the class.

Irondawg
12-11-2017, 12:07 PM
wouldn't you love to hear what these guys are saying about MSU to prospects (if anything). Time for Johnson to quickly earn his money. Good news is he didn't commit on the visit.

I'm sure Mullen is playing up the National Championship stuff, etc.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2017, 12:07 PM
Sunday evening

so how many burner phones were bought nation wide Saturday?

Irondawg
12-11-2017, 12:08 PM
I guarantee you they are going after McDowell. I was more worried about GA, but it would be a kick that we FINALLY had a decent OL board and somehow we get rid of the coach everybody is supposed to hate and then we somehow miss out of most of them.

msstate7
12-11-2017, 12:09 PM
wouldn't you love to hear what these guys are saying about MSU to prospects (if anything). Time for Johnson to quickly earn his money. Good news is he didn't commit on the visit.

I'm sure Mullen is playing up the National Championship stuff, etc.

I have always been a Mullen guy, and I still do not hate him. With that said, urban Meyer will not be on the gator sideline... Florida will not win a natty under Mullen

dawgday166
12-11-2017, 12:12 PM
I have always been a Mullen guy, and I still do not hate him. With that said, urban Meyer will not be on the gator sideline... Florida will not win a natty under Mullen

I agree. There is a difference between those 2.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2017, 12:12 PM
I guarantee you they are going after McDowell. I was more worried about GA, but it would be a kick that we FINALLY had a decent OL board and somehow we get rid of the coach everybody is supposed to hate and then we somehow miss out of most of them.

Yeah, this is one of the real pitfalls of the early signing period.

I was really thought this would benefit us, but it appears as though it really screws teams that having coaching changes & just seems downright unfair when it's your coach that leaves instead of being fired.

Our new coaching staff simply doesn't have time to make up ground & this is why it feels unethical what Dan is doing. He's literally destroying the program he built.

msstate7
12-11-2017, 12:14 PM
So, if we do happen to lose out on carvin, do we reach on an olineman or get best available and hope to get olinemen next cycle?

TrapGame
12-11-2017, 12:20 PM
If Merlin had recruited this hard at State we wouldn't have lost half the croots we did.

Dawg61
12-11-2017, 12:20 PM
He's literally destroying the program he built.

Calm down Francis. Don Muffin isn't destroying 9 years of work by poaching 1 OL from us. It is the early period. We can sign another one.

Bully13
12-11-2017, 12:23 PM
So, if we do happen to lose out on carvin, do we reach on an olineman or get best available and hope to get olinemen next cycle?

I'm so 17ing burnt out on losing out to OL , WR, & CB's.

msstate7
12-11-2017, 12:24 PM
At least we appear to have starting tackles for the next 3 years. Really need those jucos we redshirted to pan out and be depth this upcoming season and starters in 2019

MafiaDawg
12-11-2017, 12:42 PM
It just was not necessary to blow up the whole coaching staff and start over. The program was not in shambles. Looks like we are paying for it with Bishop, Carvin, maybe others. Hope I'm wrong but this seems like a big mistake by CJM.

Really Clark?
12-11-2017, 12:59 PM
It just was not necessary to blow up the whole coaching staff and start over. The program was not in shambles. Looks like we are paying for it with Bishop, Carvin, maybe others. Hope I'm wrong but this seems like a big mistake by CJM.

Bishop was tied with TBuck but Carvin was strickly a Hev and Gonzo recruit so that didn't matter who we kept. Rod Gibson has taken over lead during the transition. Let's see how tonight's visit goes. But Bishop is the only guy that you can make the case for right now

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2017, 01:01 PM

I reserve the right to change my mind after we see how this pans out, but at this time, I think it's far more important to get the staff right than worrying about 1 player

Dawg61
12-11-2017, 01:03 PM

It's totally unrealistic to think outta 24 commits any coach ever in the history of football is gonna be able to hold onto all 24 high school kids right after the guy that got all of them committed bolted to Florida.

Leroy Jenkins
12-11-2017, 01:07 PM
I amazed at the number of pus$ies around here.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/iTwp6CRtPkMFy/giphy.gif

msbulldog
12-11-2017, 01:18 PM
It's totally unrealistic to think outta 24 commits any coach ever in the history of football is gonna be able to hold onto all 24 high school kids right after the guy that got all of them committed bolted to Florida.

Totally Agree^^^^!

dawgs
12-11-2017, 01:24 PM
Yeah, this is one of the real pitfalls of the early signing period.

I was really thought this would benefit us, but it appears as though it really screws teams that having coaching changes & just seems downright unfair when it's your coach that leaves instead of being fired.

Our new coaching staff simply doesn't have time to make up ground & this is why it feels unethical what Dan is doing. He's literally destroying the program he built.

I agree about the early signing period. I was in favor of an early signing period, but I want it to be in November before thanksgiving. If a kid is hesitant that a coach might leave or get fired, then they can wait. In fact if the early signing period was in November, I?d be fine saying kids that commit to a program that then FIRES the coach should be free to re-open recruitment, but guys that early sign with a coach who then chooses to leave for another job don?t get released. It does hurt programs the most that have their coach poached (MSU and Oregon are the 2 P5 programs to have their HC hired elsewhere this coaching carousel, seems like we are gonna probably be ok, but Oregon is ****ed, they lost tons of top end talent and don?t really have much chance to get them back on board fast enough for the early signing period).

Dawg61
12-11-2017, 01:24 PM
Joe say

https://media.giphy.com/media/pIATVyMEwDQPe/giphy.gif

Also can anyone photoshop JoMo's face on Harrison here and Muffin Man's face on the other guy

https://media.giphy.com/media/RJOYRvEEeMlby/giphy.gif

RougeDawg
12-11-2017, 01:26 PM
So there is a good chance we can still land him. I was just checking the crystal balls this morning and noticed it. Seems like we have a legitimate shot if we have the in home after the others he?s considering, if him having a hard time telling people no is accurate.

We need some OL talent and depth if we are to take the next step.

FISHDAWG
12-11-2017, 01:37 PM
Calm down Francis. Don Muffin isn't destroying 9 years of work by poaching 1 OL from us. It is the early period. We can sign another one.

cmon Dawg ... he IS poaching us and he knew back when his expense and salary was being paid by us that he was actually recruiting for some other school ... we basically paid him and his assistants to recruit for someone else and although it might be legal it's bullshit and unethical ..... I can't wait for him to lose to a South Alabama type opponent because I'm throwing down some Makers Mark when it happens

Really Clark?
12-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Per Steve, Carvin hasn't committed to anyone and reports that he has is false. FWIW

Dawg61
12-11-2017, 02:26 PM
cmon Dawg ... he IS poaching us and he knew back when his expense and salary was being paid by us that he was actually recruiting for some other school ... we basically paid him and his assistants to recruit for someone else and although it might be legal it's bullshit and unethical ..... I can't wait for him to lose to a South Alabama type opponent because I'm throwing down some Makers Mark when it happens

Well he got us 23 other commits including a great QB, RB and looks to be 2 excellent WRs so I can deal with him poaching 1 OL and a kicker we don't need. I am no Don Muffin fan right now and that should be obvious but he left us a great class to sign and it's only the early period. Joe can fill any remaining holes, which looks to be only 2 spots, by NSD.

RougeDawg
12-11-2017, 02:38 PM
Per Steve, Carvin hasn't committed to anyone and reports that he has is false. FWIW

No one was saying he was committed to anyone. Just that there were 3-4 crystal ball predictions of him to Florida in last 24 hours. One of those predictions being our own Robbie Faulk.

Really Clark?
12-11-2017, 02:45 PM
No one was saying he was committed to anyone. Just that there were 3-4 crystal ball predictions of him to Florida in last 24 hours. One of those predictions being our own Robbie Faulk.

Actually this was all stirred up by Gator Country reporting he had committed to the Florida staff. Not saying there's not smoke but just passing along what Carvin told Steve a little while ago

yjnkdawg
12-11-2017, 02:46 PM
DELETE

Bully13
12-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Actually this was all stirred up by Gator Country reporting he had committed to the Florida staff. Not saying there's not smoke but just passing along what Carvin told Steve a little while ago

Carvin told Steve he committed to FL?

Really Clark?
12-11-2017, 02:50 PM

No. Carvin told Steve he hadn't committed to anyone and anybody that stated he had is false

yjnkdawg
12-11-2017, 02:51 PM

Carvin told Steve that anything that was said about him commiting was false.

Bully13
12-11-2017, 02:52 PM
No. Carvin told Steve he hadn't committed to anyone and anybody that stated he had is false

gracias. feel better now. I'm having a hard time believing we lose this guy. so much closer to home.

Percho
12-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Donald Duck was here what 9 years? Did anyone ever really feel that he was committed to MSU?

yjnkdawg
12-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Donald Duck was here what 9 years? Did anyone ever really feel that he was committed to MSU?

Nope! But now he can buy groceries in Orlando once again.

yjnkdawg
12-11-2017, 03:14 PM

And it was also posted on another MSU message board this morning that he had commited

Really Clark?
12-11-2017, 03:25 PM
And it was also posted on another MSU message board this morning that he had commited

Yeah but Gator Country is where everyone was getting the info from. Then Robbie changed his CB (which he admitted he jumped the gun in that) and things escalated even more.

Really Clark?
12-11-2017, 03:27 PM
For everyone's info it's also reported that we are doing his in home and doing both Carvin's mom in TX and Carvin and his dad in TN in the same day.

msstate7
12-11-2017, 03:28 PM
For everyone's info it's also reported that we are doing his in home and doing both Carvin's mom in TX and Carvin and his dad in TN in the same day.

So he lives with dad?

FISHDAWG
12-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Well he got us 23 other commits including a great QB, RB and looks to be 2 excellent WRs so I can deal with him poaching 1 OL and a kicker we don't need. I am no Don Muffin fan right now and that should be obvious but he left us a great class to sign and it's only the early period. Joe can fill any remaining holes, which looks to be only 2 spots, by NSD.

I thought our QB commit just decommited as well ... hope I'm wrong ( it happens all the time)

Really Clark?
12-11-2017, 03:30 PM
I thought our QB commit just decommited as well ... hope I'm wrong ( it happens all the time)

That was the 2019 QB not Mayden

MarketingBully
12-11-2017, 04:11 PM
So he lives with dad?

Sounds like it and I know his dad wants him at State.