PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fitzgerald is someone we can be proud of!

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 05:36 PM
I know this is from sds but worth the read. Check out this story but be warned it can get dusty in your room real quick.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/nick-fitzgerald-extends-invitation-bullied-child-hang-mississippi-state-football-team/

Bully13
12-10-2017, 05:40 PM
such a quality post Commerce. dusty story indeed.

I hope like hell Nick can not only mend his body but his mind as well for his SR season.

thank you for this thread sir.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 05:44 PM
You?re welcome. That stuff gets to me. It can be tough being a kid sometimes. Love seeing those that can have this kind of influence reaching out and stepping up to help. Proud of Nick and praying that young Keaton Jones can overcome this bullying

Todd4State
12-10-2017, 05:45 PM
Proud of Nick.

Schools need to do a better job of policing their students.

dawgday166
12-10-2017, 05:50 PM
I like ole Fitz now.

Dawgface
12-10-2017, 05:51 PM
Pisses me off that some kids are bullied in school. The one's doing the bullying s/b suspended or even expelled in extreme cases.

Bully13
12-10-2017, 06:01 PM
it's sad we can't come down harder on these asshole kids these days and put them in their 17ing place.

the thing about it is though, bullying has always been a part of life. I was always a little 17 growing up and had one major bully that 17'd with me and for a couple of weeks it was pretty 17ing bad. thankfully, I was well liked by quite a few others that had my back.

Lord McBuckethead
12-10-2017, 06:04 PM
What pisses me off is that the teachers know this shit is going on and apparently can't or don't care to keep this kid slightly protected from this crap.

Look everyone goes through this in their lives, but when it gets to this level, everyone is responsible for correcting this behavior.

MCsMGs
12-10-2017, 06:23 PM
Coach Cannizaro offered for that kid to come join the team for dinner before a game and sit next to him in the dugout.

Proud of the MSU family!!!!

tireddawg
12-10-2017, 06:57 PM
Yeah bullying sucks! I was bullied in school. I took boxing, worked out, & finally beat the shit out of the guy. I realize that's not the route for everyone, but something has got to be done. I think schools should start teaching self defense classes.

Todd4State
12-10-2017, 07:07 PM
Yeah bullying sucks! I was bullied in school. I took boxing, worked out, & finally beat the shit out of the guy. I realize that's not the route for everyone, but something has got to be done. I think schools should start teaching self defense classes.

I like everyone else probaby had to deal with bullying. I didn't have to take up boxing or anything like that- but I did tell the teachers who did jack squat about it. And then as the last resort I- like you- kicked the bully's ass one day. I didn't get bullied anymore after that- but it sad that's what it came down to for it to stop. It's scary too- I'm lucky that neither I nor the bully were hurt severely because that could have negatively affected the course of both of our lives going forward as well as our families too. Schools need to think about things like that as well when they fail their students and their safety.

The thing that was upsetting in my case is the principal took up for the bully at first because his family had been going through a divorce and so his rationale was that I was in the wrong because I should have been more considerate of that. My parents were pretty furious at the principal and it took the assistant principal to smooth things over because otherwise my parents were sending me to Jackson Prep. And while I am sorry that the bully had to deal with that in his life, it did not give him the right to bully me or anyone else because of that. And basically the school was essentially teaching him that it's OK to try to tear other people down if you are having a hard time in your life- which it's not.

RocketDawg
12-10-2017, 07:10 PM
Yeah, that's a very touching story and really good of Nick, Cannizzaro, and the Tennesse players to show such an interest. Hopefully he takes them up on it. What would really be neat if the Tennessee players followed up and visited him at his school.

Bully13
12-10-2017, 07:18 PM
what teachers don't have the balls / authority to do these days (and maybe in the past as well) is to call the bully's parents into to the office and lay down the law. fix your piece of shit kid or he's the 17 out.

Mutt the Hoople
12-10-2017, 07:23 PM
None of the kids I bullied in school whined to college football players to protect them.

Sacrifice
12-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Good lord thats hard to watch. Good for Fitz and the Tenn players for trying to help out.

msbulldog
12-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Thanks for posting CC, prayers for that young man.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 07:26 PM
None of the kids I bullied in school had to rely on college football players to protect them.

Huh?

Bully13
12-10-2017, 07:27 PM
None of the kids I bullied in school whined to college football players to protect them.

and you were on such a roll of late. too bad.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 07:31 PM
the thing about it is though, bullying has always been a part of life.

It is unfortunate, 13. Sadly, I'd bet there are plenty of people, even fellow posters on ED, who dismiss the significance of bullying, not just among boys, but girls, too. You always hear comments like "kids will be kids", and/or, "it builds character", etc.....and I heard that shit years ago and it pissed me off, and it still gets me today.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 07:35 PM
and you were on such a roll of late. too bad.

Yeah, too bad, indeed. He can **** off.

Mutt the Hoople
12-10-2017, 07:42 PM
Yeah, too bad, indeed. He can **** off.

Awww, I hurt your feelings? McFly, Want me to reach through the keyboard and give you a noogie?

Bully13
12-10-2017, 07:46 PM
It is unfortunate, 13. Sadly, I'd bet there are plenty of people, even fellow posters on ED, who dismiss the significance of bullying, not just among boys, but girls, too. You always hear comments like "kids will be kids", and/or, "it builds character", etc.....and I heard that shit years ago and it pissed me off, and it still gets me today.

some of the girl bullying can be just as bad. social media has helped perpetuate that. I've got a 13 yr old son here in ft worth. there's is mostly psychological as opposed to the male version that is typically more physical. either one can be equally devastating.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 07:48 PM
Awww, I hurt your feelings? McFly, Want me to reach through the keyboard and give you a noogie?

Your shtick really is adorable, Mutt. Keep livin' the dream.

Btw, I saw in the thread on SPS you've had a successful surgery and are healthier for it...I'm happy for you.

Maybe, from time to time, Mutt, take a break from being an internet troll, and give humanity a try....

I know maintaining an "internet personality" is tough goin', but I can't imagine you wouldn't be a better person for it.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 07:50 PM
some of the girl bullying can be just as bad. social media has helped perpetuate that. I've got a 13 yr old son here in ft worth. there's is mostly psychological as opposed to the male version that is typically more physical. either one can be equally devastating.

Oh, absolutely...if not worse....they can be absolutely vicious, and social media has definitely made things worse.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 07:51 PM
I appreciate teachers and what they do but a lot of them don?t want to get involved in this stuff. A couple years ago I got an email from my youngest sons teacher(he was 12 then). The email said she was concerned because my son had been hanging around with a young man who she said had questionable character. I asked my son about it, he said Dad that boy doesn?t have anyone in his life that cares about him or loves him, no friends. I?m just trying to be his friend. The boys Mom and dad had alcohol and drug problems. I told him you go right on being in his friend. Sometimes people are labeled as questionable or a problem child before the whole story is known.

Jack Lambert
12-10-2017, 08:00 PM
The most cruel people in the world are kids. The most bad ass people in the world are WWII Russian women with pitch forks. One thing I have always be proud of. I was a big guy growing up. I a still big. I never picked on any body and defended everyone. I have told my son I better never hear about him picking on someone.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 08:02 PM
The most cruel people in the world are kids. The most bad ass people in the world are WWII Russian women with pitch forks. One thing I have always be proud of. I was a big guy growing up. I a still big. I never picked on any body and defended everyone. I have told my son I betteAwr never hear about him picking on someone.

+1

Bully13
12-10-2017, 08:04 PM
I appreciate teachers and what they do but a lot of them don?t want to get involved in this stuff. A couple years ago I got an email from my youngest sons teacher(he was 12 then). The email said she was concerned because my son had been hanging around with a young man who she said had questionable character. I asked my son about it, he said Dad that boy doesn?t have anyone in his life that cares about him or loves him, no friends. I?m just trying to be his friend. The boys Mom and dad had alcohol and drug problems. I told him you go right on being in his friend. Sometimes people are labeled as questionable or a problem child before the whole story is known.

that's a good story Commerce. I bet your family is run by the Lord.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 08:05 PM
The most cruel people in the world are kids. The most bad ass people in the world are WWII Russian women with pitch forks. One thing I have always be proud of. I was a big guy growing up. I a still big. I never picked on any body and defended everyone. I have told my son I better never hear about him picking on someone.

Right on, Jack!

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 08:08 PM
that's a good story Commerce. I bet your family is run by the Lord.

Thank you, much! Yes sir we are but still make a bunch of mistakes. I?ve tried to teach my family to lift up rather than tear down, like I was taught. Whole lot better to see someone smile than see someone hurting.

Bully13
12-10-2017, 08:10 PM

I always loved guys like you Jack. I was a little kid growing up and to this day ,( 5'7'' and 145 to this day age 54) . but I had great friends like you who loved being around me and always had my back if someone 17'd with me. you Marines are the greatest my man. I'll never forget one of the last lines of "A Few Good Men" where the smart black guy had to tell his not so smart white counter part buddy that they indeed DID do wrong by not protecting the weak which is always the responsibility of a MARINE. my younger brother is a MARINE who is 6 tall and 240 lbs. always has my back. our dad was 6-2, 220 (yeah, I got 17'd on size...LOL).

Bully13
12-10-2017, 08:17 PM
Thank you, much! Yes sir we are but still make a bunch of mistakes. I?ve tried to teach my family to lift up rather than tear down, like I was taught. Whole lot better to see someone smile than see someone hurting.

me too sir. we all fall short of the Glory. it's a work in progress until we're pushing up daisies.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 08:19 PM
me too sir. we all fall short of the Glory. it's a work in progress until we're pushing up daisies.

Amen to that Brother!

Bully13
12-10-2017, 08:25 PM
I will say this about Beard. he's one of my favorite posters and he and I agree on a shit load of topics. but not everything. that's how life works though, no?

And I say this will all due respect to my fellow brethren Beard.

Yes, there has always been bullying but things have gotten worse since we've turned out backs on God in the school system. it's gone from manageable to suicides and murder due to not having a Godly message to start the day with. Once we can't even play Silent Night at a "Holiday" School gathering, the children catch on and decide that God's law is no longer in play and then as Ozzy so eloquently said in War Pigs : " Satan laughing spreads his wings"..

Dawgowar
12-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Andy Cannizaro also tweeted to the kid offering to let him sit on the bench. Done trying to figure out how to link twitter. Done I tell you.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 08:48 PM
Andy Cannizaro also tweeted to the kid offering to let him sit on the bench. Done trying to figure out how to link twitter. Done I tell you.

Glad to see us doing good!

somebodyshotmypaw
12-10-2017, 08:57 PM

You obviously didn't go to my school, because I would have whipped your sorry ass.

Bully13
12-10-2017, 09:33 PM
You obviously didn't go to my school, because I would have whipped your sorry ass.

REP....please who know how to give them, grant many to Somebody.

good post sir.

Mutt the Hoople
12-10-2017, 10:05 PM

No, you wouldn't have.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 10:19 PM
No, you wouldn't have.

Big talk, puddin.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 10:40 PM
I will say this about Beard. he's one of my favorite posters and he and I agree on a shit load of topics. but not everything. that's how life works though, no?

And I say this will all due respect to my fellow brethren Beard.

Yes, there has always been bullying but things have gotten worse since we've turned out backs on God in the school system. it's gone from manageable to suicides and murder due to not having a Godly message to start the day with. Once we can't even play Silent Night at a "Holiday" School gathering, the children catch on and decide that God's law is no longer in play and then as Ozzy so eloquently said in War Pigs : " Satan laughing spreads his wings"..

Thanks, bud...and you know the feeling is mutual.

I'll disagree (not surprisingly, lol), though. You can't place blame on "no prayer in schools". There are plenty of private religious schools were bullying occurs now, just as it always has. When I was a kid, we had prayer every morning, yet there were still little pricks who got pleasure from tormenting other kids for whatever reason. As Jack said above, kids are cruel.

Sadly, I actually don't think much has changed in terms of the amount of bullying in schools, we are just more exposed to it because of social media [this is actually the case with numerous social issues: they've always been there, but now they're more in your face because of Facebook et al.].

Great Sabbath track, btw, lol.

Bully13
12-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Mutt is Cartman on this thread getting his ass kicked by Wendy.

notsofarawaydawg
12-10-2017, 10:57 PM

Kids will be kids and only because their parent(s) let them get away with it. My daughter was bullied by a couple of her classmates during middle and high school. She took the higher road and having a parent as a teacher didn't help at all. The parents of the bullying kids fostered this attitude they had with a lot of negative talk about the parent who taught school. When my daughter had success on the field or in the classroom, it was only because of the parent was a teacher. In the end, my daughter is the stronger person these days and has used that strength to overcome a lot and also help others.

Only Todd will know the situation.

Bully13
12-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Kids will be kids and only because their parent(s) let them get away with it. My daughter was bullied by a couple of her classmates during middle and high school. She took the higher road and having a parent as a teacher didn't help at all. The parents of the bullying kids fostered this attitude they had with a lot of negative talk about the parent who taught school. When my daughter had success on the field or in the classroom, it was only because of the parent was a teacher. In the end, my daughter is the stronger person these days and has used that strength to overcome a lot and also help others.

Only Todd will know the situation.

Good for you Notsofar. good luck to your daughter.

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2017, 11:02 PM

I'll disagree (not surprisingly, lol), though. You can't place blame on "no prayer in schools". There are plenty of private religious schools were bullying occurs now, just as it always has. When I was a kid, we had prayer every morning, yet there were still little pricks who got pleasure from tormenting other kids for whatever reason. As Jack said above, kids are cruel.

Sadly, I actually don't think much has changed in terms of the amount of bullying in schools, we are just more exposed to it because of social media [this is actually the case with numerous social issues: they've always been there, but now they're more in your face because of Facebook et al.].

You used to get away from it when you went home. Now with social media, bullies keep on doing it constantly until kids don't think they can get away from it. It is one of the reasons that suicide rates are going up. It is tough on kids that don't realize it will eventually get better.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 11:04 PM
You used to get away from it when you went home. Now with social media, bullies keep on doing it constantly until kids don't think they can get away from it. It is one of the reasons that suicide rates are going up. It is tough on kids that don't realize it will eventually get better.

Yep. This is the difference with kids in this day and age. The torment never ends there?s no escape. It sucks.

Bully13
12-10-2017, 11:06 PM

gotcha Beard. I'm just thinking that the shit has got more serious without a moral compass to follow that God's always done a good job when we allow him in to give guidance. I'm just seeing shit these days that just didn't seem to happen back in the day.

What is so damned wrong with a Pic of Jesus with the caption : "Love the Lord thy God with all your Heart and Soul and Love they Neighbor as Thyself". ? why is that not allowed ? why does that make so many people go ape shit?

Why is The Truth not allowed? why are we allowing Evil (non truth) to prevail?

Oh, and speaking of truth, never forget Jagger's words: "What's puzzling you is the nature of my game".... (think about it)

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 11:40 PM

Lolz

https://media.giphy.com/media/26gJyc4RCBTxLMfWE/giphy.gif

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 11:42 PM

Exactly.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2017, 11:45 PM

He's just sad about his milkshake**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5d9BrLN5K4

Quaoarsking
12-11-2017, 12:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S-39WGHB_8

Jack Lambert
12-11-2017, 01:04 AM

My son thought Cannizaro was big watching him on TV but at the extravaganza when I shook his hand he said "Dad he looks like a kid next to you." Age effected my size a little but still a big guy.

somebodyshotmypaw
12-11-2017, 08:42 AM
No, you wouldn't have.

There are plenty of people who are willing to defend those that are unable to defend themselves. Then there are "men" like you who prey on people much weaker than yourself, because you think it's funny. Go screw yourself Mutt. You are a weak, pathetic child.

MrKotter
12-11-2017, 08:59 AM

A real man is kind and gentle and protects those who can?t protect themselves. You clearly have outed yourself as a coward

BB30
12-11-2017, 07:58 PM
No, you wouldn't have.

Sounds like someone has some insecurities... Most of the bullies I remember in high school usually were either dumb as a bag of rocks or had a bad home life. Most bullies feel inferior is one way or another and they lash out/bully to hide insecurities they themselves have. It is ok Mutt whatever happened when you were younger is over you can let it go. No need to be Mr. internet bad a**. If you need anyone to talk through your issues with I am sure someone on here would be glad to listen**

Mutt the Hoople
12-11-2017, 08:48 PM
Sounds like someone has some insecurities... Most of the bullies I remember in high school usually were either dumb as a bag of rocks or had a bad home life. Most bullies feel inferior is one way or another and they lash out/bully to hide insecurities they themselves have. It is ok Mutt whatever happened when you were younger is over you can let it go. No need to be Mr. internet bad a**. If you need anyone to talk through your issues with I am sure someone on here would be glad to listen**

If

BulldogDX55
12-12-2017, 09:24 AM
If

Ignorant and proud of it. Nice.

Tbonewannabe
12-12-2017, 09:29 AM
Ignorant and proud of it. Nice.

I think this is just Mutt being the neanderthal troll he is sometimes. If not I really do worry for him. If you follow his posts very long then you recognize he is basically Eric Cartman on the message board. He is basically playing Cards Against Humanity with people that don't know they are playing.