PDA

View Full Version : McPherson just decommitted from us and committed to Florida

MetEdDawg
12-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Mullen is a freaking punk for that. I was ok with how everything went up until now. Dude can?t recruit consistently for 9 years here and now that he?s gone he?s stealing potentially the best kicker we?ve ever brought on campus.

Boo his ass next year. I was all for cheering him because of how far he brought us. But this is a bitch move plain and simple.

12-10-2017, 02:26 PM
Who cares. John Michael Marlin was supposed to be the best ever too

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2017, 02:32 PM
Chad Morris flipped two SMU recruits.

Why aren't we trying to do the same to Penn State?

That may be the better question

JDog13
12-10-2017, 02:33 PM
The kicker Don brought in last year sucked. Thank God Christmann walked on. We?re good.

ababyatemydingo
12-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Mullen is a freaking punk for that. I was ok with how everything went up until now. Dude can?t recruit consistently for 9 years here and now that he?s gone he?s stealing potentially the best kicker we?ve ever brought on campus.

Boo his ass next year. I was all for cheering him because of how far he brought us. But this is a bitch move plain and simple.

It's not as huge of a loss as you think. He's been awesome in self-made recruiting videos that you can have twenty takes to get perfect. But barely better than average in games the last two years. We are much better off at both kicking positions right now than Florida is.

Homedawg
12-10-2017, 02:39 PM

Because it's not realistic. We aren't going to flip a psu recruit. Don't waste good time. The situations aren't even close to equal.

Dawg-gone-dawgs

Couple of obvious reasons. 1. Arkansas has more spots. 2. The SMU players are probably closer to Arkansas than any Penn State recruit is to Mississippi.

We have offered a RB and a QB in 2019 that Moorhead and Huff was recruiting for Penn State

DogsofAnarchy
Hate to lose him but we need another OL and another LB much worse.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2017, 02:44 PM
The kicker Don brought in last year sucked. Thank God Christmann walked on. We?re good.

Uh, that kicker was a punter.

Dawg61
12-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Christmann is All-SEC Freshman kicker. We are fine. We don't even need McPherson he's a waste of a signee spot.

JDog13
12-10-2017, 02:48 PM

Exactly, why did we keep running him out for field goals?

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Exactly, why did we keep running him out for field goals?

Because didn't know who Christman was & he didn't have another kicker.

We need to put Christman on scholarship ASAP to make sure he doesn't quit like Sobiske & the other guy

Political Hack
We need to grab a punter. We’re fine at k.

MetEdDawg
It's not as huge of a loss as you think. He's been awesome in self-made recruiting videos that you can have twenty takes to get perfect. But barely better than average in games the last two years. We are much better off at both kicking positions right now than Florida is.

He was awesome in the in game 60 yard FG he kicked. And I believe he’s the second best kicker overall in this class. I don’t think we are good enough yet to say we don’t need a kid like that.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2017, 02:54 PM

I think Tucker Day is actually supposed to be a good punter.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-10-2017, 02:56 PM

Tucker Day was an AA punter. That's where he will excel at.

JDog13
12-10-2017, 02:57 PM

We need to put Christman on scholarship ASAP to make sure he doesn't quit like Sobiske & the other guy

Our coach didnt know who Christmann was? Boniol didnt either? Cmon SD.

LC Dawg
12-10-2017, 02:59 PM
The fact that Christman had such a good year probably played into this decision. It certainly doesn?t hurt to have two good kickers but a highly rated recruit may not want to chance losing out to a walk-on and having to transfer or wait a few years to kick.

Bully13
12-10-2017, 03:00 PM

This alone tells me we will no longer suck in field goals like we did while Dan wars here. Not even knowing who the 17 we had. Why any kicker would play for the dumbest head coach when it comes to kickers is beyond me.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2017, 03:01 PM
He was awesome in the in game 60 yard FG he kicked. And I believe he?s the second best kicker overall in this class. I don?t think we are good enough yet to say we don?t need a kid like that.

Yes, having quality kicker depth would be ideal, but you really can't blame the kid after the year Christmann had

msstate7
12-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Give Christmann a scholarship and fill the rest of our 25 spots

Goldendawg
12-10-2017, 03:06 PM
Put Christmann on scholarship that he has earned and Day will be a good punter (as he was recruited) and we are fine. BTW, we went several years without a FG kicker under the QB whisperer and that worked out fine, right?**** Glad he and his yearly job search (which cost us several games against UNM , 4 losses in last 6 years), is gone. He and the county club will have their hands full in FL. They have no connections in Fl. especially recruiting against FSU, Miami, etc. They don't have any names they know to recruit, except the ones provided by our off the field recruiting staff! Hail State!

Political Hack
12-10-2017, 03:07 PM
Tucker Day was an AA punter. That's where he will excel at.

Well, if he?s anywhere as good as Cooke, we?re set at K & P. I had forgot we got Day.

HoopsDawg
12-10-2017, 03:10 PM
I hate using a scholarship on a kicker anyway.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2017, 03:13 PM

I'm fine using it under the 85 like Christmann would be.

Using as part of a 25 man signing class would be the rub

HoopsDawg
12-10-2017, 03:15 PM
I'm fine using it under the 85 like Christmann would be.

Using as part of a 25 man signing class would be the rub

That's what i mean. And Christman won't get a scholarship unless we have room under the 85 which is doubtful.

maroonmania
12-10-2017, 03:15 PM

Yep, bird in the hand and all. Would much rather have Christmann kicking FGs for the next 3 years after having watched him for a year than bringing in McPherson. Don't believe McPherson would have flipped if our job was open.

Bothrops
12-10-2017, 03:21 PM

I'm not sure McPherson is all-around as good as Christmann.

msstate7
12-10-2017, 03:25 PM
That's what i mean. And Christman won't get a scholarship unless we have room under the 85 which is doubtful.

If christmann does not have a scholarship, he can go and play somewhere else immediately, right? No way I let that happen

HoopsDawg
12-10-2017, 03:26 PM
If christmann does not have a scholarship, he can go and play somewhere else immediately, right? No way I let that happen

He could be on full academic scholarship for all we know.

preachermatt83
12-10-2017, 03:51 PM
We need to grab a punter. We?re fine at k.

Day is a very good punter

Bully13
12-10-2017, 04:01 PM
He could be on full academic scholarship for all we know.

Either that or we need a heppin fund. Dude has no bidness dropping a dime on education.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Day has a huge leg punting the football. Christmann is super accurate and has very good range. Kicking is set for awhile.

ababyatemydingo
12-10-2017, 04:15 PM
1 kick doesn't make two seasons. Go lookup stats. We are fine at kicker

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Either that or we need a heppin fund. Dude has no bidness dropping a dime on education.

I was told Jaces family is extremely wealthy, Money not an issue and his families probably using it for tax purposes

Bully13
12-10-2017, 04:25 PM
I was told Jaces is extremely wealthy, Money not an issue and his families probably using it for tax purposes

I hope they are cool then. If we lost him due to scholly that would be so MSU. Right up there with alienating Grisham.

parabrave
12-10-2017, 05:33 PM
Who cares. John Michael Marlin was supposed to be the best ever too

I remember watching Adam Carlson kicking in HS. I thought he was going to be college all american. We know what happened to him in college. Kicking off a tee and off the grass are two different animals.

Spiderman
12-10-2017, 08:47 PM

Until you need a 40 yd FG to win the game

LC Dawg
12-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Day has a huge leg punting the football. Christmann is super accurate and has very good range. Kicking is set for awhile.

Punting would be set for 4 years instead of 3 if Don hadn?t decided he had made Day into a kicker.

maroonmania
12-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Until you need a 40 yd FG to win the game

Well, just because someone is on scholarship doesn't make them a better kicker necessarily. But I have no problem giving a kicker (especially a FG kicker) a scholarship if they have proven themselves and Christmann has at this point. There have been a many a game won or lost from a made or missed FG.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2017, 08:53 PM
Punting would be set for 4 years instead of 3 if Don hadn?t decided he had made Day into a kicker.

Yep. Great roster management.

Jack Lambert
12-10-2017, 11:18 PM

High school all American punter.

FISHDAWG
12-11-2017, 09:44 AM
This alone tells me we will no longer suck in field goals like we did while Dan wars here. Not even knowing who the 17 we had. Why any kicker would play for the dumbest head coach when it comes to kickers is beyond me.

I remember when we had two kickers and they both wore the number 40 .... not much was in order ever with don merls kicking approach

Doggie_Style
12-11-2017, 10:19 AM
Yep. Great roster management.

Don hates kickers, he doesn't want to be bothered by them. That sh** cost us at least 2 games in 2016. He finally broke down and recruited a kicker and by god he's taking that kid to Florida. We don't need him anyway now that the kid Don had sitting in the corner (Christmann) turns out to be an outstanding kicker. And yea we burned a year of Day's eligibility for nada...

drunkernhelldawg
12-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Florida is lucky that he's already showing interest in their kicking game. I don't think he cared nearly enough about this during the vast majority of his tenure here.

Todd4State
12-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Florida is lucky that he's already showing interest in their kicking game. I don't think he cared nearly enough about this during the vast majority of his tenure here.

If I remember correctly he coached the kickers and they sucked when he did. He probably got in their heads which is probably the last thing you want to do with a kicker.