PDA

View Full Version : Joe Brady - WR Coach?

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-08-2017, 07:43 PM
Just heard this name as possible WR coach. Don?t know anything about him other than he?s currently with the Saints

msstate7
12-08-2017, 07:45 PM
If so, it will be a while before he joins us. Guess we could keep Peterson or Austin on the road though

Ifyouonlyknew
12-08-2017, 07:47 PM
He was a GA at Penn St when JoeMo was there. He's a young guy.

Big4Dawg
12-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Hmmm....seems like we could do better

Dawg61
12-08-2017, 08:08 PM

Seems like you could stop bitching about everything Moorhead does too.

Big4Dawg
12-08-2017, 08:17 PM
Seems like you could stop bitching about everything Moorhead does too.

Sorry I’m not excited about an nfl assistant. I like the Hud and Shoop hire

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-08-2017, 08:33 PM
idk why an NFL assistant is inherently bad, it means he's good enough to get a job over the other 100 applications for every NFL job. I'd prefer a dude with experience recruiting and a proven on the field ability to coach receivers, but it's not a tough unit to coach so that's no big deal. If Moorhead thinks he can 'croot and coach, he probably can given he has a job in the league and Joe worked with him before

Prediction? Pain.
12-08-2017, 08:36 PM
There's another connection. The DC at William and Mary during two of Brady's seasons there as a player? Bob Shoop.

yjnkdawg
12-08-2017, 08:43 PM

I trust Coach JoeMo's decision making ability over a "Hmmm....seems like we could do better."

Jack Lambert
12-08-2017, 08:48 PM
idk why an NFL assistant is inherently bad, it means he's good enough to get a job over the other 100 applications for every NFL job. I'd prefer a dude with experience recruiting and a proven on the field ability to coach receivers, but it's not a tough unit to coach so that's no big deal. If Moorhead thinks he can 'croot and coach, he probably can given he has a job in the league and Joe worked with him before

He can walk in and say " I have watched your film. I have coached in the NFL and I think you have enough talent to make it and I know how to get you there."

32 Dive
12-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Joe must know something... ;-)

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
12-08-2017, 09:11 PM
What NFL team is with?

ETA: Saints

Really Clark?
12-08-2017, 09:18 PM
He is adding a good mix with this staff. Some local guys mixed with elite recruiters with architects of his scheme, sharp ball coaches at least one rah rah guy, prior head coaches, and it looks like a possible young up and comer with a little NFL experience and if the name floating around to finish off the staff a NFL guy who is also an elite recruiter and Broyles award winner (small rumor)

msstate7
12-08-2017, 09:24 PM
He is adding a good mix with this staff. Some local guys mixed with elite recruiters with architects of his scheme, sharp ball coaches at least one rah rah guy, prior head coaches, and it looks like a possible young up and comer with a little NFL experience and if the name floating around to finish off the staff a NFL guy who is also an elite recruiter and Broyles award winner (small rumor)

Say it...

missouridawg
12-08-2017, 09:31 PM
In the NFL, running crisp, true routes is paramount for success.... Just look at Treadwell, who still can’t see the field in Minnesota even though he was an elite college WR.

Maybe Moorhead wants a guy who can teach/coach the route tree and that will be his primary recruiting pitch. Come play for me, I’ll teach you the finer skills of being a WR just like I taught all of the Saints WRs.

mparkerfd20
12-08-2017, 09:46 PM

I'm calling bullshit

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broyles_Award

It's no one on that list.

Really Clark?
12-08-2017, 09:52 PM
I'm calling bullshit

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broyles_Award

It's no one on that list.

Yep my bad was thinking he won. He was a finalist not winner in this decade

Prediction? Pain.
12-08-2017, 10:34 PM

Damn you and your riddle. Only NFL/recruiter/Broyles guy I can come up with is Sal Sunseri, who's in his third year as LB coach with the Raiders. Surely you're not hearing that he's in play?

msstate7
12-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Damn you and your riddle. Only NFL/recruiter/Broyles guy I can come up with is Sal Sunseri, who's in his third year as LB coach with the Raiders. Surely you're not hearing that he's in play?

No idea if he is possible, but every raider coach should have a back up plan in case they miss the playoffs

preachermatt83
12-08-2017, 11:13 PM

What year was he a finalist

preachermatt83
12-08-2017, 11:32 PM
One of the posters here who has been reliable messaged me a few days back that sunseri had interviewed.... we assumed it was for DC... maybe we were wrong... maybe it was for LB coach.

Really Clark?
12-08-2017, 11:37 PM

That's him. Like I said small rumor. Things have been really tight lipped. Heard it once then heard it again from a reliable source. Hope it plays out like Shoop. Think it would be a good hire