PDA

View Full Version : The Ole Miss Transfer Issue Is About to Get Ugly

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2017, 04:59 PM
listening to the Bdork interview on Head to Head right now & Bdork is basically throwing out threats.

Says that it is his understanding that if Ole Miss wins its' Bowl Ban appeal, the to be SRs that are currently allowed to transfer without sitting out, will be declared inelgible if they transfer. Problem is that the appeal won't be heard for 3-6 months.

If I am an OM SR that wants to transfer, then I am hiring Tom Mars today & basically threatening OM to drop the appeal or else.

OM is using their appeal as leverage against transfers.

Additionally, Bdork is begging for OM players that have interest in transferring to come talk to him & the coaches personally & have a sit down..... of course he does so he can threaten the future of their career.

The entire thing is about to get extremely ugly

I can't wait to till Mars begins to embarrass the NCAA about OM, if they don't declare the JRs eligible to immediately play.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2017, 05:01 PM
He lied to them when they were recruiting them so what would make them think he was being truthful if they did sit down with him now?

BeastMan
12-08-2017, 05:04 PM
What he knows is when those guys go home for the holidays, its going to get crazy.

msstate7
12-08-2017, 05:05 PM
I think mars hopes OM blocks these transfers. Bet he would love to sue OM and the NCAA

I seen it dawg
12-08-2017, 05:05 PM
About to?

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2017, 05:12 PM
About to?

Great point

RocketDawg
12-08-2017, 05:13 PM
He lied to them when they were recruiting them so what would make them think he was being truthful if they did sit down with him now?

I doubt they ever had any contact with Bjork in the recruiting process. It was Freeze and the other coaches who lied to them while recruiting. And Freeze got off virtually scot-free.

Jack Lambert
12-08-2017, 05:18 PM
I doubt they ever had any contact with Bjork in the recruiting process. It was Freeze and the other coaches who lied to them while recruiting. And Freeze got off virtually scot-free.

Don't kid your self Bjork was part of the big lie they were telling everyone and those guys know it. In fact I think it was mention in the NCAA coi response.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2017, 05:19 PM
What he knows is when those guys go home for the holidays, its going to get crazy.

Gonna be wild.

Is there a dead period to recruit your own players?*

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2017, 05:23 PM
I noticed there are several CB's to OM for several 4 star players all of a sudden. Are they just back to business as usual or are their guys just predicting because they feel it helps somehow?

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2017, 05:27 PM
I noticed there are several CB's to OM for several 4 star players all of a sudden. Are they just back to business as usual or are their guys just predicting because they feel it helps somehow?

The latter

spudd21
12-08-2017, 05:32 PM
How does Bjork still have a job?

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-08-2017, 05:46 PM
So there’s the motivation for all their delays in this process. To use the appeal process to screw athletes they lied to in order to get them on campus in the first place. Way to go, sharts.

Doggie_Style
12-08-2017, 06:04 PM
I think mars hopes OM blocks these transfers. Bet he would love to sue OM and the NCAA

In one of Steve's recent podcasts he warned OM to 'just let whoever wants to leave, leave.' He believes that any lawsuit would open another can of worms as many of those kids know where the bodies are buried. Good advice but as usual OM has other ideas...

dawgs
12-08-2017, 06:09 PM
In one of Steve's recent podcasts he warned OM to 'just let whoever wants to leave, leave.' He believes that any lawsuit would open another can of worms as many of those kids know where the bodies are buried. Good advice but as usual OM has other ideas...

Not only that, but it?s a bad look on recruits coming up. Sure the lower tier 3* guys just stoked to have a sec offer will probably ignore it, but the higher rated 3* guys and 4-5* guys with multiple sec offers and other P5 offers wouldn?t look too kindly at a program bullying players into staying around after the program lied to their face recruiting them.

Ari Gold
12-08-2017, 06:16 PM

Yeah by the om guys.. same shit different year. If they visit, say OM is in their top 12, say anything positive , all OM hommer shitbirds think they will commit or have a great shot at them.
Here is how ridiculous they are.
David Johnson actually has a “flip watch” article and has Whop listed .. Yes that Whop. As a possible flip from Kansas to them . Yet we are the delusional ones.

Bully13
12-08-2017, 06:20 PM
they just need to call the TOM MARS HAMMER!!!

BeardoMSU
12-08-2017, 06:20 PM
How does Bjork still have a job?

Because the only person who can fire him is a limp dick outsider who most OM fans would probably want fired first, lol.

Political Hack
12-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Yeah by the om guys.. same shit different year. If they visit, say OM is in their top 12, say anything positive , all OM hommer shitbirds think they will commit or have a great shot at them.
David Johnson actually has a “flip watch” article and has Whop listed .. Yes that Whop. As a possible flip from Kansas to them . Yet we are the delusional ones.

They provide constant entertainment. They’ve sort of taken the WWE model of even bad publicity is publicity.

dawgoneyall
12-08-2017, 06:22 PM
listening to the Bdork interview on Head to Head right now & Bdork is basically throwing out threats.

Says that it is his understanding that if Ole Miss wins its' Bow Ban appeal, the to be SRs that are currently allowed to transfer without sitting out, will be declared inelgible if they transfer. Problem is that the appeal won't be heard for 3-6 months.

If I am an OM SR that wants to transfer, then I am hiring Tom Mars today & basically threatening OM to drop the appeal or else.

OM is using their appeal as leverage against transfers.

Additionally, Bdork is begging for OM players that have interest in transferring to come talk to him & the coaches personally & have a sit down..... of course he does so he can threaten the future of their career.

The entire thing is about to get extremely ugly

I can't wait to till Mars begins to embarrass the NCAA about OM, if they don't declare the JRs eligible to immediately play.

There is just something about that guy that makes one uncomfortable.
Yes, he did threaten players.

Had said I wasn't going to listen to HtoH again until things changed....just happened to hear bork was going to be on when got in vehicle and before I could turn the dial and listened to interview.
Glad I did. He is simply a creepy, creepy person.

Bully13
12-08-2017, 06:24 PM
shit birds be shitting.

StatesboroBlues
12-08-2017, 07:17 PM
I don?t believe for a second if a Sr transfers at this time or another player and UM wins an appeal...said player will be ruled ineligible.

AlSwearengen
12-08-2017, 07:23 PM
I don?t believe for a second if a Sr transfers at this time or another player and UM wins an appeal...said player will be ruled ineligible.

Bjork said “it is my understanding”. In other words, he is just trying to scare them by using double speak.

EAVdog
12-08-2017, 07:26 PM
Everything they have done is to keep the mass exodus from happening. Signing Luke was to try and keep the players loyal, although he has no buyout. This appeal is just for show and to threaten the players.

StatesboroBlues
12-08-2017, 08:20 PM
Bjork said ?it is my understanding?. In other words, he is just trying to scare them by using double speak.

Believe so as well, very much like...mostly Nutt, women?s basketball and track.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-08-2017, 09:40 PM

^^^This^^^ Bjork is trying to scare players into staying.

msstate7
12-08-2017, 09:47 PM

Kinda weird seniors were mentioned... I have not heard a rumor on a senior yet. Mentioning this makes me think there could be some seniors thinking of bolting

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2017, 10:32 PM
David Johnson actually has a ?flip watch? article and has Whop listed .. Yes that Whop. As a possible flip from Kansas to them . Yet we are the delusional ones.

I?m sure the OM Twitter warriors are out in full force tonight blowing Whops Twitter up.

Hrdawg82
12-08-2017, 11:05 PM
^^^This^^^ Bjork is trying to scare players into staying.
Who would be dumb enough to actually believe that?

Todd4State
12-08-2017, 11:22 PM
Kinda weird seniors were mentioned... I have not heard a rumor on a senior yet. Mentioning this makes me think there could be some seniors thinking of bolting

Ta'Amuu?

This whole ordeal is very typical of Ole Miss. They knew that they were going to be on potentially crippling sanctions and they specifically wanted the 2016 class to help them get through it.

Now that the sentence has been handed down they are desperately trying to hold on to the players that they lied to by lying some more so that they can maybe go to the Liberty Bowl in 2019. Oddly enough I have a feeling that if they were honest with these recruits to start with they would have been much better off. It's almost like the NCAA in a roundhouse way made Ole Miss flip the switch on their own electric chair execution.

msstate7
12-08-2017, 11:32 PM
Ta'Amuu?

This whole ordeal is very typical of Ole Miss. They knew that they were going to be on potentially crippling sanctions and they specifically wanted the 2016 class to help them get through it.

Now that the sentence has been handed down they are desperately trying to hold on to the players that they lied to by lying some more so that they can maybe go to the Liberty Bowl in 2019. Oddly enough I have a feeling that if they were honest with these recruits to start with they would have been much better off. It's almost like the NCAA in a roundhouse way made Ole Miss flip the switch on their own electric chair execution.

I have seen his name mentioned on message boards, but nothing reported by om guys or media.

Mutt the Hoople
12-08-2017, 11:37 PM
LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR HARRIET TUBMAN!!!
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4c/81/4d/4c814d189b7fae9a23431dadad02e08b.jpg

Liverpooldawg
12-09-2017, 12:44 AM
LOOKS LIKE A JOB FOR HARRIET TUBMAN!!!
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/4c/81/4d/4c814d189b7fae9a23431dadad02e08b.jpg

That's actually the exact same mentality they still maintain.

notsofarawaydawg
12-09-2017, 10:32 AM
I have seen his name mentioned on message boards, but nothing reported by om guys or media.

Shea Shea gone and he's the starter. Why jump ship when you can keep a nice paycheck and other benefits (well, no hookers now)?

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2017, 10:48 AM
Ta'Amuu?

Todd, that team ain't doing anything in 2019. They have no talent in the FR & SO classes. I think we are looking at 2021 until they are a bowl caliber team again unless they pull off a JUCO miracle

msstate7
12-09-2017, 10:53 AM
Todd, that team ain't doing anything in 2019. They have no talent in the FR & SO classes. I think we are looking at 2021 until they are a bowl caliber team again unless they pull off a JUCO miracle

2019 Mississippi class is loaded. If they went in 2013 and 2016 style, they could potentially make a bowl in 2020.

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2017, 11:16 AM
2019 Mississippi class is loaded. If they went in 2013 and 2016 style, they could potentially make a bowl in 2020.

Maybe. I just don't think they are going to be able to cheat like did before.

There have been too many boosters put on notice, too much attention drawn, &, if they are caught again, the penalties will be far more severe.

I think they have a real uphill battle with 2021 being the earliest they could be solid again barring a miracle

msstate7
12-09-2017, 11:25 AM

There have been too many boosters put on notice, too much attention drawn, &, if they are caught again, the penalties will be far more severe.

I think they have a real uphill battle with 2021 being the earliest they could be solid again barring a miracle

I agree. If we have a 10 win type of season next year though, they may lose it and go all in, again

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2017, 11:32 AM
I agree. If we have a 10 win type of season next year though, they may lose it and go all in, again

I'm sure they will want to. I just suspect the infrastructure of their cheating machine has a few faulty parts right now & that doesn't even touch the fact that they have lost all benefit of the doubt as a program.

OM is resilient in football & will get back to being a solid program at some point, but I think they'll have to do it slowly. If they all of the sudden start getting tons of 4 & 5* recruits on campus for visits, then the alarms will be heard in Indianapolis.

I just don't think they would be able to get away with what they did in 2013-2016 again, & also keep in mind that prospects can only take 1 unofficial visit. That further complicates it for them.

redstickdawg
12-09-2017, 11:43 AM

I don't think that the very minor "punishments" from the ncaa will impact them in the least. There was no real punishment other than dragging their name through the mud (affected '17 and '18 classes), there is no real impact upon schollies or anything else that is substantial. I remember that we laughed when they self imposed schollie limits and thought that the matrix would require 2-3X that many schollie reductions. Well they pretty much got what they self imposed which is really non-sense. They will have a top 10 class in '19 and the floodgates are open for the program to resume with just another finger wagging from the ncaa the only concern. THe ncaa is a bad joke.

Lance Harbor
12-09-2017, 11:45 AM
I just don't think they would be able to get away with what they did in 2013-2016 again, & also keep in mind that prospects can only take 1 unofficial visit. That further complicates it for them.

They just go all in on the visits they get. Seems simpler.

Commercecomet24
12-09-2017, 11:46 AM
If y?all don?t think the recording of recruits and the lawsuits against teenagers is scaring off recruits and parents you?re crazy.

Johnson85
12-09-2017, 12:16 PM

I think they have a real uphill battle with 2021 being the earliest they could be solid again barring a miracle they won't cheat out of state like that, but I think they reasonably will interpret the sanctions as "keep your shit in Mississippi and you'll be fine."