PDA

View Full Version : Not sure everybody can do what Bama did to the Bearshark's offense

Coach34
09-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Bama didnt play a 3-man front vs OM- but a 4-man front. They made damn sure OM wasnt getting to the edge outside

But the biggest thing is that they only played with 5 men in the box alot and still controlled the BearShark run-game. They were forcing Sunshine to be the ballcarrier on any read plays and such- and he didnt want to be. 12 carries- 5 yards. But they made sure to funnel everything up inside to those bigass spaceeaters in the middle.

They had LB's moving around and disguising looks- which was why the BearSharks were not able to go any faster and really run their hurry-up offense.

Something to watch going forward

C222
09-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Bama didnt play a 3-man front vs OM- but a 4-man front. They made damn sure OM wasnt getting to the edge outside

But the biggest thing is that they only played with 5 men in the box alot and still controlled the BearShark run-game. They were forcing Sunshine to be the ballcarrier on any read plays and such- and he didnt want to be. 12 carries- 5 yards. But they made sure to funnel everything up inside to those bigass spaceeaters in the middle.

They had LB's moving around and disguising looks- which was why the BearSharks were not able to go any faster and really run their hurry-up offense.

Something to watch going forward

That's exactly how I would play it. Force Wallace to carry the ball every single time on that read option.

Gordon Gekko
09-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Of course no other team will stop OM like Bama did. Bama is the only team dirty enough to hire an OM coach to get all of Freeze's secrets.

/Bearfan

C222
09-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Of course no other team will stop OM like Bama did. Bama is the only team dirty enough to hire an OM coach to get all of Freeze's secrets.

/Bearfan

Wait until Auburn hacks into their headsets and actually listens to the plays calls. The BearSharks may riot.

maroonmania
09-30-2013, 09:38 AM
That's exactly how I would play it. Force Wallace to carry the ball every single time on that read option.

Yes, and Bama forced Wallace to carry yet still had guys there to tackle him. Vandy forced Wallace to carry it but then let him run free with nobody shadowing him.

Coach34
09-30-2013, 09:52 AM
Yes, and Bama forced Wallace to carry yet still had guys there to tackle him. Vandy forced Wallace to carry it but then let him run free with nobody shadowing him.

Bama didnt have anybody shadowing him either. They had DT's that held their ground and didnt let the BearSharks create any running lanes. Vandy's DT's couldnt do that.

blacklistedbully
09-30-2013, 10:26 AM
On a scale of 1 -10. 1 being Vandy DT's & 10 being Bama's, where do you place ours, and is it enough?

Coach34
09-30-2013, 10:36 AM
Bama's are obviously a 10....Vandy would be about a 3 or 4...Our guys are in the middle there- 7...7.5

We have a good front and a good scheme. We'll be fine

smootness
09-30-2013, 10:56 AM
Bama's are obviously a 10....Vandy would be about a 3 or 4...Our guys are in the middle there- 7...7.5

We have a good front and a good scheme. We'll be fine

All you have to do is force Wallace to start throwing the ball downfield. They run the read option, but all of their running plays are designed to get to the outside, and they also throw a lot of bubble screens and short passes to the outside as well. Their offense is very much designed to be east-west, and I don't think it's going to be successful long-term. If your corners can stay home and tackle on their WRs on the screens and keep Scott from breaking loose (those are not always easy things to do), then Wallace must start throwing downfield, and he is awful once he has to throw past 10-15 yards.

In the SEC, you have to be able to hit people up the middle and go north-south. If you constantly try to go east-west, as we have done too much at times, the top defenses will shut you down.

codeDawg
09-30-2013, 04:07 PM
One of the other things they did that I'm not sure everyone can do is knock down passes at the line and in the throwing lanes. That made a huge difference in key situations.

Todd4State
09-30-2013, 04:16 PM
I think Bama showed everyone the blue print on how to stop them. Make Bo run- which you can tell he doesn't want to do because he apparently has been taking flopping lesson from Eli. Contain Scott. Make them throw deep.

If Bama could have thrown deep like they normally are able to do- the score is a lot worse than 25-0.

RState
09-30-2013, 09:31 PM
I have no doubt that we'll play the BearSharks better than Bama. Davis-Wade is gonna be so loud its gonna set off car alarms all the way to Columbus.