Bully13
12-08-2017, 02:44 PM
HUD to STATE!!!

preachermatt83
12-08-2017, 02:52 PM
TE's coach!

HoopsDawg
Pretty strong to get a guy with his resume and MS ties as our TE coach.

preachermatt83
Sorry. Didn't see this. Merge mine with this one please mods. GREAT HIRE!!

KB21
12-08-2017, 02:57 PM
Cannizaro and Hudspeth doing power meets is going to be fun!!

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2017, 03:06 PM
BIG ASS HIRE!!!

Brings outstanding recruiting contacts & knowledge of the area while also being yet another former head coach that can assist Moorhead.

We'll see what they rest of our hires are, but this has a chance to be our best staff in years.

TrapGame
12-08-2017, 03:08 PM
Hmmm, I wonder who is coaching WRs?

Solid hire. And I agree this is lining up to be a very good coaching staff top to bottom.

Todd4State
12-08-2017, 03:09 PM
Aw snap!

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Hmmm, I wonder who is coaching WRs?

Solid hire. And I agree this is lining up to be a very good coaching staff top to bottom.

Look out for Joe Brady with the Saints

Bully13
12-08-2017, 03:10 PM
Love this hire but if the rest have no HC experience, I'll be cool with that. I still have nightmares about an awful season we had when JWS's staff was loaded with former HC's. need some hungry up and comers. not too many chiefs, hungry warriors going forward.

TrapGame
12-08-2017, 03:13 PM
Just heard that Hud and Joe hit it off. Joe likes Hud's offensive concepts and his ability to coach them. He told Hud he wants TEs to be a big part of his scheme moving forward.

Can anyone confirm? I really like the way this staff is coming together.

Commercecomet24
12-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Great hire! Coach JoMo is assembling a pretty dang good staff! Impressed so far!

Ezsoil
12-08-2017, 03:32 PM
I hope he is not doing this at the expense at losing valuable pieces of recruiting in Looney and Buckley...he needs to know this isn't Penn State or Fordham.

Big4Dawg
12-08-2017, 03:33 PM
Looney and TBuck are gone. I don’t like it either but accept it.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2017, 03:34 PM
I hope he is not doing this at the expense at losing valuable pieces of recruiting in Looney and Buckley...he needs to know this isn't Penn State or Fordham.

Sheesh. Really?

Turfdawg67
12-08-2017, 03:36 PM
Looney and TBuck are gone. I don?t like it either but accept it.

Does anyone know this for sure. Keep hearing opposing things.

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2017, 03:37 PM
Boom. Great hire.

Really Clark?
12-08-2017, 03:43 PM

I love DJ but the only on the field position for him would be TE and honestly Moorhead's TE scheme is more complicated and they play detached. So if the choice is DJ or a 2 time HC with a very good offensive mind AND he will be just as good of a recruiter if not better with an extensive network in this state, there is no question you hire Hud over DJ. Everyday and twice on Sunday.

Maddawg90
12-08-2017, 03:45 PM
Not trying to bash or question anything but I keep reading Hudspeth is a top-tier recruiter. What is the reasoning behind this? I know he has extensive contacts throughout the SE but why does everyone say he's a excellent recruiter? Can anyone provide a list of prospects he has landed? What am I missing?

TrapGame
12-08-2017, 04:00 PM

Hud was damn good crooter when he was here. He helped Don Mittens a lot and got shit on for it (from what I've heard).

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-08-2017, 04:03 PM
Not trying to bash or question anything but I keep reading Hudspeth is a top-tier recruiter. What is the reasoning behind this? I know he has extensive contacts throughout the SE but why does everyone say he's a excellent recruiter? Can anyone provide a list of prospects he has landed? What am I missing?

Only one I am seeing is Malcolm Johnson

Maddawg90
12-08-2017, 04:07 PM
Only one I am seeing is Malcolm Johnson

That's the only one I could find too.

Dawg61
12-08-2017, 04:22 PM
TE's coach!

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/500x/68188898/not-gonna-lie-thats-impressive.jpg

Sacrifice
12-08-2017, 04:35 PM
CJM loves to use his TEs and Hud will bring some toughness and intensity to that group. Hell yeah I love this hire!

Commercecomet24
12-08-2017, 04:41 PM
CJM loves to use his TEs and Hud will bring some toughness and intensity to that group. Hell yeah I love this hire!

TEs can be such a huge weapon. Big targets that can open up the middle of the field which in turn helps in run game. Great red zone targets as well.

1bigdawg
12-08-2017, 05:13 PM
Look out for Joe Brady with the Saints

Doesn't seem impressive. GA for two years. Some assistant status with the Saints for one?

Really Clark?
12-08-2017, 06:06 PM
Doesn't seem impressive. GA for two years. Some assistant status with the Saints for one?

GA under who? Moorhead at Penn ST. Now learning Payton's system. Really young just graduated in like 2011-12. Played WR at William & Mary

yjnkdawg
12-08-2017, 06:08 PM

Coach JoeMO probably knows more about valuable pieces of recruiting than a poster or posters on this message board. It's his staff to put together to move our football progam forward. I'm behind whatever Coach JoeMo does.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2017, 06:21 PM
Will HUD also be the recruiting coordinator?

lastmajordog
12-08-2017, 06:50 PM
Just heard that Hud and Joe hit it off. Joe likes Hud's offensive concepts and his ability to coach them. He told Hud he wants TEs to be a big part of his scheme moving forward.

Can anyone confirm? I really like the way this staff is coming together.

IMO if DM would have used TE?s similarly to JWS he would have had at least 2 more wins a year....

Ezsoil
12-08-2017, 08:29 PM
I love DJ but the only on the field position for him would be TE and honestly Moorhead's TE scheme is more complicated and they play detached. So if the choice is DJ or a 2 time HC with a very good offensive mind AND he will be just as good of a recruiter if not better with an extensive network in this state, there is no question you hire Hud over DJ. Everyday and twice on Sunday.

Well if you have had a two time head coach as a position coach ...how long do you think he will stay in that position? Or will he be looking for his next opportunity? But hey we will see how it plays out....

Really Clark?
12-08-2017, 08:52 PM
Well if you have had a two time head coach as a position coach ...how long do you think he will stay in that position? Or will he be looking for his next opportunity? But hey we will see how it plays out....

I hope he is learning and looking for his next opportunity. If he gets it, it means we have been successful. He may also be very satisfied to work hard here for a few years after what happened at ULL. But you don't pass up on him for someone who is still has a way to go learning to coach the game. That is foolish