PDA

View Full Version : Scholarship numbers

preachermatt83
12-08-2017, 07:38 AM
We have 25 commitments right now. We are hoping for ATLEAST 3-4 others. Steve said we only have abt 19 schollies to give. First , I saw that correct? And second, if true, where will the cuts be made?

StatesboroBlues
12-08-2017, 07:45 AM
We have 25 commitments right now. We are hoping for ATLEAST 3-4 others. Steve said we only have abt 19 schollies to give. First , I saw that correct? And second, if true, where will the cuts be made?

We have the ability to sign 30 or even a little more. The 19 Steve is talking about is toward the 85 limit. Healthy attrition from the current roster will take care of some of that...also we have a couple that will not make their grades but will be able to sign because of us having the ability to count back a good a#.

ShotgunDawg
12-08-2017, 08:01 AM
I doubt we’ll have much attrition this year due to the new coaching staff giving everyone a clean slate.

Ari Gold
12-08-2017, 09:28 AM
Numbers will work out ...

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2017, 09:38 AM
Yeah, this year we only had something like 79 schollys show up for fall. I think we handed out some to walk-ons which is always good to do. This time last year we were discussing the same, but some people move on when they are buried on the depth chart and new enrollees jump them. CJM will get this worked out. Get the best talent to campus and give some players the ability to transfer out if it is clear they need to move on to get playing time.

Just don't let all our Qbs transfer like last year.

StatesboroBlues
12-08-2017, 09:49 AM
I doubt we’ll have much attrition this year due to the new coaching staff giving everyone a clean slate.

We will have as much attrition or more than we ever had under Mullen...no other way to sign the #'s we will end up having for this signing class. The new staff will be filled in on who needs to go as well as most of those players already knowing.

StatesboroBlues
12-08-2017, 09:51 AM
Yeah, this year we only had something like 79 schollys show up for fall. I think we handed out some to walk-ons which is always good to do. This time last year we were discussing the same, but some people move on when they are buried on the depth chart and new enrollees jump them. CJM will get this worked out. Get the best talent to campus and give some players the ability to transfer out if it is clear they need to move on to get playing time.

Just don't let all our Qbs transfer like last year.

We had 76 scholarship recruited players...no clue as to the walk-ons on scholarship. Phillips and the long-snapper I know...and both will be graduating. Agree that it will all work itself out...

Maroonthirteen
12-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Interesting this thread was started, I was about to look up roster numbers for OM v State just to see how bad these transfers will effect them. So....do I understand correctly...

If we have 76 on the roster now. We can sign 9 now, December, to get to 85. Then we can sign 19 (per this thread)in February (for those grads and transfers in the spring) to get to 85 next academic year?

1bigdawg
12-08-2017, 10:18 AM
Interesting this thread was started, I was about to look up roster numbers for OM v State just to see how bad these transfers will effect them. So....do I understand correctly...

If we have 76 on the roster now. We can sign 9 now, December, to get to 85. Then we can sign 19 (per this thread)in February (for those grads and transfers in the spring) to get to 85 next academic year?

The 19 is the total number of empty scholarships plus the number of graduating seniors. To admit more than 19, some others are going to have to go. Possibilities include redshirt juniors who graduate and others who do not envision competing for playing time.

Ari Gold
12-08-2017, 10:28 AM
We will have a couple of players transfer out. (Or be urged to ) is my guess...

HoopsDawg
12-08-2017, 11:44 AM
The 19 is the total number of empty scholarships plus the number of graduating seniors. To admit more than 19, some others are going to have to go. Possibilities include redshirt juniors who graduate and others who do not envision competing for playing time.. We currently have 20 open spots. Moon is transferring.

1bigdawg
12-08-2017, 12:20 PM
. We currently have 20 open spots. Moon is transferring.

Why is our back up center transferring?

Leeshouldveflanked
12-08-2017, 12:47 PM

He's going to be a senior and wanted playing time

Gutter Cobreh
12-08-2017, 01:29 PM
. We currently have 20 open spots. Moon is transferring.

Because he sucks from the charity stripe when the game is on the line!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5nKcN8Vo8Q&sns=em