PDA

View Full Version : Dj looney

Gomez09
12-07-2017, 05:48 PM
I have been away from the board for a few days is it a foregone conclusion that loony will not be retained

Bully75
12-07-2017, 05:56 PM
Need to keep DJ.

Big4Dawg
12-07-2017, 06:22 PM
From all indications, he is gone. Has not been on road recruiting w/ Moohread

Turfdawg67
12-07-2017, 06:28 PM
That’s crap if true!

Homedawg
12-07-2017, 06:35 PM
That?s crap if true!

Based on what? Your opinion?? Dj looney didn't write boook on college coaching you know. I like him fine. But chill, we didn't decide to pass on steve spurrier
ETA, amazing the reputation looney got by coaching one year.

Turfdawg67
12-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Based on what? Your opinion?? Dj looney didn't write boook on college coaching you know. I like him fine. But chill, we didn't decide to pass on steve spurrier

Yes my opinion and the way he hit the streets immediately after Dean left town. Don’t like it, **** off.

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 06:42 PM

What's so great about him? Asking honestly. I wouldn't know him if he walked through my door.

Turfdawg67
12-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Why are you asking him? He obviously doesn’t know or care. A) He’s a awesome person, B) He’s an alumnus, C) He’s considered an up and comer coach, D) He’s from the south (MS/AL) and recruits love him (took over a lot of Hev’s guys when he got to State) and E) most importantly the man was EVERYWHERE when Dominique left us! Go look at his Twitter, he kicked ass for us while we were hiring Coach Mo!

was21
12-07-2017, 06:55 PM
Probably the same thinking that some have about bringing back Anthony Dixon and Fred Smoot to coach???? I don't have anything against Looney but don't believe it's a disaster and hope he finds employment and soon if he's gone

Homedawg
12-07-2017, 06:59 PM
Yes my opinion and the way he hit the streets immediately after Dean left town. Don’t like it, **** off.

Wow. Panties easily go up crack I see. Asked a question.psycho why don't ya.

Homedawg
12-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Why are you asking him? He obviously doesn’t know or care. A) He’s a awesome person, B) He’s an alumnus, C) He’s considered an up and comer coach, D) He’s from the south (MS/AL) and recruits love him (took over a lot of Hev’s guys when he got to State) and E) most importantly the man was EVERYWHERE when Dominique left us! Go look at his Twitter, he kicked ass for us while we were hiring Coach Mo!

Trying to find out where dj became bear Bryant.

ETA, I'm glad he was doing his job. He was here to recruit.

Spiderman
12-07-2017, 07:04 PM

What does ETA mean? It was always Estimated Time of Arrival to me

Dawgs87
12-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Why are you asking him? He obviously doesn?t know or care. A) He?s a awesome person, B) He?s an alumnus, C) He?s considered an up and comer coach, D) He?s from the south (MS/AL) and recruits love him (took over a lot of Hev?s guys when he got to State) and E) most importantly the man was EVERYWHERE when Dominique left us! Go look at his Twitter, he kicked ass for us while we were hiring Coach Mo!

DJ was a rock star on the crootin trail. One year. #9 Crooter in the SEC. #33 Nationally. And, he pounded the pavement when the entire rest of the staff bolted to Jortville. He would do it for free.

https://i.gyazo.com/b3261a92e55687a56ed5f8f6c715f451.png

https://gyazo.com/86cc8c8f4582c8e6b85aeb59b0c13639

msstate7
12-07-2017, 07:08 PM
What does ETA mean? It was always Estimated Time of Arrival to me

Edited To Add

was21
12-07-2017, 07:10 PM
Why didn't Dan take him with him...just asking

Turfdawg67
12-07-2017, 07:10 PM

Glad he didn’t sit on his ass figuring he’d be let go while Crumedy wavered on his commitment. No one’s called him Bear Bryant, forgive me that I think it sucks that we have two coaches hired but didn’t see fit to keep on a great dude, alumnus and recruiter.

Homedawg
12-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Glad he didn’t sit on his ass figuring he’d be let go while Crumedy wavered on his commitment. No one’s called him Bear Bryant, forgive me that I think it sucks that we have two coaches hired but didn’t see fit to keep on a great dude, alumnus and recruiter.
I have nothing against dj. And I wouldn't be mad if he was retained. However, Moorhead is the coach and he gets to pick the staff. Ultimately, the staff will help decide how good he is. Hope he chooses wisely. But you are the one who said it was crap. Dj is a young coach, maybe he will get another chance, but jm doesn't owe it to him. Looney had an interview......

bulldawg28
12-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Hopefully Looney is kept.

msstate7
12-07-2017, 07:35 PM
I have nothing against dj. And I wouldn't be mad if he was retained. However, Moorhead is the coach and he gets to pick the staff. Ultimately, the staff will help decide how good he is. Hope he chooses wisely. But you are the one who said it was crap. Dj is a young coach, maybe he will get another chance, but jm doesn't owe it to him. Looney had an interview......

Is is true hud is interviewing? What is your opinion of hud?

Joe Schmedlap
12-07-2017, 07:42 PM
DJ did his job and did it well. He was apparently a very good recruiter and served as the antidote to Hevesey. IMO, it would be a damn travesty if he were not retained in some fashion.

Lord McBuckethead
12-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Can we save all staff retention questions until after signing day? Hmmmmm?

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Might not mean anything but he's listed on the MSU sports website as still being on the staff.

pdawg10msu
12-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Might not mean anything but he's listed on the MSU sports website as still being on the staff.

He was also on the road recruiting today so the rumor he has been pulled is completely false.

MetEdDawg
12-07-2017, 07:56 PM
It’s possible he’s not out recruiting because he’s needed for bowl prep considering the number of coaches on the offensive side that we are missing.

I don’t have any inside knowledge, but now that we have a HC and two new staff members that aren’t coaching in the bowl game, I would think Looney would be much more valuable prepping this team to beat Louisville than on the recruiting trail.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2017, 08:07 PM
With this double secret staff deal, who knows what’s happening. I was told neither he nor Buckley will be back.

Homedawg
12-07-2017, 08:15 PM
With this double secret staff deal, who knows what’s happening. I was told neither he nor Buckley will be back.

Maybe dj works hard enough and proves he deserves a job. Again I'm good w that. But he wasn't promised one. And the fact it got out was dj's fault, he told it, and word gets around. He just needs to work hard and see where the chips fall after all that.

maroonmania
12-07-2017, 08:16 PM

I'm starting to think nobody knows who will be retained and who won't be so I'm not going to worry about it for right now.

Madisonmd
12-07-2017, 09:01 PM
DJ interview may not have gone so well. It's all going to be OK

Dawg61
12-07-2017, 09:04 PM
Looney is young as hell it's not like he's gonna die if Joe doesn't retain him. Let that big bird fly elsewhere for a bit and make some connections in other parts of the woods and when/if he comes back to MSU some day he will be a better coach for it. You guys don't get to pick JoMo's assistants. Not even Cohen gets to do that and he hired the guy.

preachermatt83
12-07-2017, 10:08 PM
All I know is Patrick Austin ain't going nowhere. That dude is one of the best recruiters I've ever seen. Recruits LOVE him. He needs to be in a position where he can go on the road after all the staff is in place.