PDA

View Full Version : People need to chill on the DC hire

Coach34
12-07-2017, 04:58 PM
We are slow playing it because if we make a hire- we have to take our recruiters off the road right here before the early signing period. And that my friends would be stupid because Pete, Rod, and PA are killing it right now.

We may already have a verbal with the DC- but waiting until after the early signing period/bowl game

Tbonewannabe
12-07-2017, 05:15 PM
We are slow playing it because if we make a hire- we have to take our recruiters off the road right here before the early signing period. And that my friends would be stupid because Pete, Rod, and PA are killing it right now.

We may already have a verbal with the DC- but waiting until after the early signing period/bowl game

Any chance we might be waiting to see if Harbaugh goes to the NFL? A lot of smoke around his name and NFL coaching jobs.

Maddawg90
12-07-2017, 05:16 PM
Thank you Coach. Some people just don't get it. They didn't think "You know, there might be a reason why a DC hasn't been named yet". JoMo knows what the hell he is doing. People need to relax.

STATEBALLIN
12-07-2017, 05:22 PM

This makes sense. The other DC may want to stay to land his recruits at the current school.

Coach34
12-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Any chance we might be waiting to see if Harbaugh goes to the NFL? A lot of smoke around his name and NFL coaching jobs.

Doubt it- the NFL has another month left in the season

preachermatt83
12-07-2017, 05:32 PM

I agree. I was originally wanting to hurry up and hire one to help with recruiting but after seeing Peterson Austin and Gibson knocking it out of the park, I have began to see why we are waiting.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Rush = screw up. No reason to rush this. I have confidence in Coach JoMo and Cohen.

Todd4State
12-07-2017, 05:48 PM
Heck- we normally waited until January with Dan as far as hires. I'm not understanding the urgency. The only people that know are proabably Joe, the current staff, and the players and recruits.

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Here is the reason why we have not named a DC in action. Having Austin, Peterson, & Gibson introduce the players to Moorhead is awesome. Allows for the relationship to be bridged by someone the players are comfortable with.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQeiNfKWAAE308i.jpg

preachermatt83
12-07-2017, 05:55 PM
Here is the reason why we have not named a DC in action. Having Austin, Peterson, & Gibson introduce the players to Moorhead is awesome. Allows for the relationship to be bridged by someone the players are comfortable with.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQeiNfKWAAE308i.jpg

Is that Buckley or baker in the pic?

ShotgunDawg
12-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Is that Buckley or baker in the pic?

Just a guess, but here it is:

Huff, Baker, Mojo, Heath, Austin, Williams, Gibson, Peterson

Heath looks like a Ferrari & like my WRs to look like Ferraris

Jack Lambert
12-07-2017, 06:28 PM
When I hear chill I think someone is freaking out. Who has been freaking out?

Turfdawg67
12-07-2017, 06:33 PM
Just a guess, but here it is:

Huff, Baker, Mojo, Heath, Austin, Williams, Gibson, Peterson

Heath looks like a Ferrari & like my WRs to look like Ferraris

Think you nailed it.

DogsofAnarchy
12-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Anyone who watched Pruitt on the news can see that our decision was very very sound. We owe John Cohen and Coach JoMo the benefit of the doubt to take as long as they think it takes.

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 06:49 PM
The little guy in the middle is a full foot shorter than Moorhead. :) Concrete blocks are 8 inches tall I believe.

Based on that, and counting blocks, JoMo is about 6'6"-6'7". That doesn't account for mortar joints ....

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 06:52 PM
Anyone who watched Pruitt on the news can see that our decision was very very sound. We owe John Cohen and Coach JoMo the benefit of the doubt to take as long as they think it takes.

I didn't see it but heard about it, and you are absolutely 100% correct. Don't think I'd want Pruitt representing our university regardless of how good he is at football.

maroonmania
12-07-2017, 08:05 PM

My only concern is that I would think our defensive recruits would like to know who they will be playing for and what kind of scheme they will be playing in. But if it doesn't bother them not knowing who the DC is yet then it doesn't bother me.

maroonmania
12-07-2017, 08:08 PM

Haven't seen anything. What made Pruitt look so bad?

Bully13
12-07-2017, 08:48 PM
we have a BIG ASSED Coach. I think he's a MTHR 17er . shit that man is 17ing huge. in football that is good. I'm 5'7". I'm good in finance, not football. I like this guy.

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2017, 08:55 PM

Yep. What has got into you?

basedog
12-07-2017, 09:01 PM

New agenda***

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 09:13 PM
we have a BIG ASSED Coach. I think he's a MTHR 17er . shit that man is 17ing huge. in football that is good. I'm 5'7". I'm good in finance, not football. I like this guy.

He's big, and a day or two ago somebody posted a picture of him with a recruit ... I think it was "Whop" ... and he dwarfed Moorhead. Think the caption said he weighs north of 370 and must be around 6'10" or so. Sure would hate to be hit by that guy ....

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 09:20 PM

Ha. Was wondering the same thing. :)

Commercecomet24
12-07-2017, 09:29 PM
He's big, and a day or two ago somebody posted a picture of him with a recruit ... I think it was "Whop" ... and he dwarfed Moorhead. Think the caption said he weighs north of 370 and must be around 6'10" or so. Sure would hate to be hit by that guy ....

That was Dolla Bill(Kwatrivous Johnson) our future left tackle.

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 09:37 PM
Ah OK. He's already committed? He's one huge human being. I don't know how anybody can get that big.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Ah OK. He's already committed? He's one huge human being. I don't know how anybody can get that big.

Yeah he?s committed and he?s massive. Heck our qbs gonna have trouble seeing over him lol

preachermatt83
12-07-2017, 09:58 PM

Yup. Dolla bill. He's huge!! Whop is the reciever from Landry walker

Coach34
12-07-2017, 10:38 PM

Its called ?being truthful?

You like the truth now because it?s good news for us
You didn?t like the truth when it was about Mullen wanting to move on because it didn?t fit your happy zone

I don?t change who I am

Liverpooldawg
12-07-2017, 10:45 PM
Its called ?being truthful?

You like the truth now because it?s good news for us
You didn?t like the truth when it was about Mullen wanting to move on because it didn?t fit your happy zone

I don?t change who I am

Your timing was off there man, had you waited 12 hours and said the exact same thing nobody would have said a word against you there. Good to see you returning to sanity.

Coach34
12-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Your timing was off there man, had you waited 12 hours and said the exact same thing nobody would have said a word against you there. Good to see you returning to sanity.

Thats 100% bullshit. I would have gotten the "agenda" word over and over. SOS. In the end I'm proven right many more times than not. Thats why Elitedawgs got its start and why it has become a great site- in addition to you and other really good posters here.

Hail State

Lord McBuckethead
12-08-2017, 01:48 AM
8" included the mortar joints.

Dawgface
12-08-2017, 08:43 AM

+1

Doggie_Style
12-08-2017, 09:12 AM

So now that we hired Shoop a day after this post.....does this mean our recruiting is compromised?***

RougeDawg
12-08-2017, 02:39 PM

Lots of cornbread.