PDA

View Full Version : Basketball outside shooting woes - has anyone else noticed this?

Irondawg
12-07-2017, 03:30 PM
So while watching some of the game it seemed that a lot of our outside shooters had a little hitch in their release. Basically when you watch the best shooters they have a really fluid motion and our guys generally look a little stiff. Then I came across this quote by Howland:

?We actually came in to work on shooting on Tuesday morning. Carter worked mostly on putting
more arch on his shot, which is the only alteration he made. We have these great machines, in the
Mize, that measure arch. They are called, Noah?s Arch. I was incredibly pleased the work we put
in helped us in shooting the ball.?

I think the coaches are trying to change the form of some of our guards and anytime you do that there is a steep learning curve before it becomes a smooth, repeatable motion. We seem to be going through the adjustment pains with it. Carter seems to be turning a corner though as he's now up to 40% shooting from 3 powered by his last few games.

Anybody else noticed this?

thf24
12-07-2017, 03:42 PM
That would certainly explain a 20% drop in 3pt shooting from two different players since last year. Much more likely explanation that anything else that's been discussed.

MCsMGs
12-07-2017, 05:23 PM
I made the observation several weeks ago here that LP's shooting woes were a function of a lack of arch in his shot.

It's good to know coach agrees with me. ***

Dawg61
12-07-2017, 07:31 PM
I love that Howland is working on it.

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 08:03 PM
I made the observation several weeks ago here that LP's shooting woes were a function of a lack of arch in his shot.

It's good to know coach agrees with me. ***

He probably read your post ... **