PDA

View Full Version : bowl ticket advice from people who know more than I do

somebodyshotmypaw
12-07-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm going to Jacksonville to the bowl. I'm taking the whole family. First one I've been able to attend since the Liberty Bowl during the Croom error.

What are my best ticket options (stubhub, ticketmaster, etc.)? Will people definitely segregate by sides (Louisville on one and MSU on the other), or do they tend to mix? I prefer obviously to be with fellow MSU fans. Any advice is appreciated.

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2017, 11:34 AM
Stubhub is my go to. They have the sidelines labelled so you know which side is which, and yes the fans tend to sit on their team sideline - although it can be more mixed at bowls.

I got my tickets last night for $17 each on stubhub. There aren't a lot available that cheap - and I was buying 8, plus i wanted real tickets and not electronic (to add that stub to my collection!). That limited my choices some. One thing I noticed - the Louisville side has a considerably more tickets for sale and appear to be cheaper.

civildawg
12-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Wait until closer to game day and get super cheap tickets off stub hub

stalkingpoon
12-07-2017, 11:47 AM
SeatGeek is the way to go.I always use them and they have wayyy cheaper fees than Stubhub. Also, wait until closer to game time and you will find them for pennies on the dollar.

stalkingpoon
12-07-2017, 11:48 AM
I would also suggest staying away from the clublevel. We sat club in 2012 and it sucked.

sleepy dawg
12-07-2017, 12:07 PM
SeatGeek is the way to go.I always use them and they have wayyy cheaper fees than Stubhub. Also, wait until closer to game time and you will find them for pennies on the dollar.

StubHub is the best if you want to try to get good seats. Bulldog club will guarantee you a seat amongst other state fans and will also help us with our ticket allotment, but be prepared for crappy seats.
There's thread on reddit about seatgeek ripping folks off by selling seats they don't even have and making it difficult to get refunds... not sure how widespread this is, but I'd be careful there.

stalkingpoon
12-07-2017, 12:14 PM
StubHub is the best if you want to try to get good seats. Bulldog club will guarantee you a seat amongst other state fans and will also help us with our ticket allotment, but be prepared for crappy seats.
There's thread on reddit about seatgeek ripping folks off by selling seats they don't even have and making it difficult to get refunds... not sure how widespread this is, but I'd be careful there.

I've used them for about 2 years now and have never had any trouble whatsoever out of them. I've used them for everything from Grizzly tickets, Cardinal Tickets, Mississippi State tickets and more.

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2017, 12:15 PM

Supposedly, the Bulldog Club allotment is in sections 103-115 - which would mean that the Gator Bowl shifted their allotment locations from the higher deck endzone seats we used to get. As much as I want to support the BDC, tickets start at $75 a pop. At $17 a ticket, I got 8 for the price of 2 1/2.

Commercecomet24
12-07-2017, 12:49 PM
Stubhub is my go to. They have the sidelines labelled so you know which side is which, and yes the fans tend to sit on their team sideline - although it can be more mixed at bowls.

I got my tickets last night for $17 each on stubhub. There aren't a lot available that cheap - and I was buying 8, plus i wanted real tickets and not electronic (to add that stub to my collection!). That limited my choices some. One thing I noticed - the Louisville side has a considerably more tickets for sale and appear to be cheaper.

Same here and you don?t have to worry about getting ripped off. I?ve used them for all kinds of tickets.

Jarius
12-07-2017, 12:58 PM
You get 20 bucks off your first purchase on seatgeek with the promo code “bulldog”. If you wait until about a week before the game starts to buy your tickets off of seatgeek, that promo code will just about cover your entire purchase.

OneWhoWas
12-07-2017, 01:37 PM
I've used VividSeats a few times for MSU, Arkansas, and LSU tickets with no issues.
But like SeatGeek, there is a small possibility of getting screwed.
(Since they are a third party re-seller they don't actually have the tickets in their possession, and have to go get those tickets from StubHub, TicketMaster, etc.)

I agree, Always safer to go with StubHub.
But you will be paying more.

jumbo
12-07-2017, 01:41 PM
If you want to do the "right" thing, then order them from MSU.

If you want the best seat at the lowest price, wait until closer to kickoff and check stubhub, seatgeek, etc.

rcsteph1
12-07-2017, 02:23 PM
I would also suggest staying away from the clublevel. We sat club in 2012 and it sucked.

Can you elaborate?

Buddy
12-07-2017, 02:55 PM
NM

StThierry
12-07-2017, 03:36 PM
Purchased our 4 from StubHub.

stalkingpoon
12-07-2017, 03:55 PM
Can you elaborate?

Well when I think of club level, I think of certain amenities such as complementary food and drink. Their club level was just like separate concession stands and stuff for people who had the club passes. You still paid for everything and the seats weren't that great.

BrunswickDawg
12-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Well when I think of club level, I think of certain amenities such as complementary food and drink. Their club level was just like separate concession stands and stuff for people who had the club passes. You still paid for everything and the seats weren't that great.

That seems to be the norm at things like Bowl Games, concerts, etc. that aren't the primary tenant of the arena/stadium. Those boxes provide access to seats for those events, but they save the perks for the Jaguars, Saints, etc. I've gotten club level for non-NFL events at the Superdome, the Georgia Dome, and a Peach Bowl at old Atl-Ful. Co - and it was the same thing - over priced concession stands.

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 04:37 PM

It was the same way at the Music City Bowl a few years ago. In fact, the club level seats were well into the end zone, and there were no amentities at all. Basically, you just paid more for a lousy seat.

Jarius
12-07-2017, 04:38 PM
I've used VividSeats a few times for MSU, Arkansas, and LSU tickets with no issues.
But like SeatGeek, there is a small possibility of getting screwed.
(Since they are a third party re-seller they don't actually have the tickets in their possession, and have to go get those tickets from StubHub, TicketMaster, etc.)

I agree, Always safer to go with StubHub.
But you will be paying more.

Your seats are guaranteed with seatgeek.

rcsteph1
12-07-2017, 06:45 PM

Kinda what I figured you would say. Just thought I'd ask.

RocketDawg
12-07-2017, 07:01 PM
Kinda what I figured you would say. Just thought I'd ask.

And if you think about it that's about all you can expect. You're paying more for relatively easy access and a warm/cool place to go to if the weather's bad. Club Level folks everywhere (MSU included) pay a sizeable premium, several hundred dollars per game, for their seats, so you couldn't expect to have premium amentities with a ticket that costs just a bit more than grandstand seats.

OneWhoWas
12-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Your seats are guaranteed with seatgeek.

I am referring to item #4 here:
https://seatgeek.com/buyer-guarantee

There isn't a guarantee that they can get the seats you selected, after you have purchased them.
In the event they can't get the tickets you ordered (See item #3): "you will be provided with comparable or better tickets to the event, or offered a refund. "
SeatGeek is a marketplace (Third-Party seller) not a vendor. They don't actually have the tickets
So, even after you purchase the tickets from them, they still have to go out and claim them from the actual re-seller.

It's a little worse for VividSeats:
https://support.vividseats.com/support/solutions/articles/1000210581-the-tickets-i-received-are-different-from-what-i-ordered-what-happened-
"In accordance with our 100% Buyer Guarantee, the tickets you receive are guaranteed to be identical to, comparable to, or better than the tickets specified in your order. "
This is where you could get screwed.

However, In the case of TicketCity, they (not you) determine if those tickets are as good as or better than the tickets in your order.
As stated on ticketcity: https://www.ticketcity.com/terms-and-conditions.html
Ticket Purchase Policy:
SERVICE PROVIDER reserves the right to replace tickets with comparable or upgraded tickets.
When this occurs, we shall be considered to have fulfilled our obligations under these terms.
Whether tickets are "comparable" or "upgraded" are made at the reasonable discretion of SERVICE PROVIDER.

So, I would say TicketCity is the worst of the bunch.
No telling what you might get if they can't procure the tickets you selected.

And note. There is no such verbiage on StubHub.

But I haven't ever had an issue with any of them.
Just seems like there is that possibility (however slim).

aldawgbite
12-07-2017, 09:10 PM
There club is like all pro stadium club levels it is not like MSU club level. Have much shorter lines, bar and more selections of food and cleaner no lines for rest rooms.

Memphisbulldog
12-09-2017, 12:29 AM
My take:

I liked the Gator Bowl club level. I'd do it again but not going this year.

I've used Stubhub and Seatgeek. Good luck with both. Seatgeek is NOT alway lower.

I buy my bowl tickets from MSU. I want to sit with the MSU group and I want to help MSU. Yes, the Orange Bowl was a ripoff but I guess that's why they paid us $26,000,000 (literally).

Apoplectic
12-09-2017, 02:43 AM
Wait until a week before then buy club level tix for about $20

TALL DAWG
12-09-2017, 11:11 AM
I spent $200+ per ticket for Orange Bowl through MSU ticket office for 4.
When I got to game, folks were selling them for $15. So, I blew over
$725 on tickets!
I’d recommend getting them at the game as there will
plenty available. NO WAY it will be anywhere close to a sell out.

Apoplectic
12-09-2017, 05:04 PM
I spent $200+ per ticket for Orange Bowl through MSU ticket office for 4.
When I got to game, folks were selling them for $15. So, I blew over
$725 on tickets!
I’d recommend getting them at the game as there will
plenty available. NO WAY it will be anywhere close to a sell out.

I have a similar bowl tix story. Unless it is a CFP or SECCG never buy until about a week out. Bowls are all corporate and community pissing match and have killed the original model.