PDA

View Full Version : Not understanding all the hate for Mullen

MoreCowbell
12-06-2017, 10:25 AM
Mullen may have dipped out without saying much but that?s the way the business is. He could have handled it a little better but honestly, no matter what he said there would be people who hold it against him. I think he went out in the best possible way that would help us secure the next head coach easiest. Had he told recruits and players he was leaving they would have jumped ship and given up on the season. He let the people know that needed to know he was leaving and I really think he had State?s best interest in mind when doing this. We were great to him for 9 years and he changed our football program by setting the foundation for future success. He was smart enough to see the blueprint for State to compete and put that plan into action. He may be weird and he may be different but he and his family truly love and always will love State and Starkville and I hate to see it end like this. Hopefully down the road the people who feel betrayed will soften on that stance. He gave us a great 9 years and elevated the program and he did it THE RIGHT WAY. I?m thankful for Mullen and understand he needed a new challenge in life. I will always be grateful to Mullen and I hope State honors him in the future because he absolutely deserves it. I wish him success at Florida unless playing against us.

Doggie_Style
12-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Mullen may have dipped out without saying much but that?s the way the business is. He could have handled it a little better but honestly, no matter what he said there would be people who hold it against him. I think he went out in the best possible way that would help us secure the next head coach easiest. Had he told recruits and players he was leaving they would have jumped ship and given up on the season. He let the people know that needed to know he was leaving and I really think he had State?s best interest in mind when doing this. We were great to him for 9 years and he changed our football program by setting the foundation for future success. He was smart enough to see the blueprint for State to compete and put that plan into action. He may be weird and he may be different but he and his family truly love and always will love State and Starkville and I hate to see it end like this. Hopefully down the road the people who feel betrayed will soften on that stance. He gave us a great 9 years and elevated the program and he did it THE RIGHT WAY. I?m thankful for Mullen and understand he needed a new challenge in life. I will always be grateful to Mullen and I hope State honors him in the future because he absolutely deserves it. I wish him success at Florida unless playing against us.

Don is that you?

confucius say
12-06-2017, 10:31 AM
I don't think people on here hate him. Time will heal fresh wounds and his time here will be remembered fondly.

RougeDawg
12-06-2017, 10:34 AM
The fact that you feel the need and urge to post This should answer your question.

msudawglb
12-06-2017, 10:34 AM
It's real simple for me. He put his job hunting above finishing out seasons at MSU....We had a chance to go to the playoffs in 2014. Play in the Sugar Bowl in 2015. Play in the Citrus in 2017. Each of those years, we lost the Egg Bowl and our team looked unprepared (Yes, I know in 2017 we lost our QB but why doesn't the D pressure the QB? Double cover AJ?)

I hope he enjoys Florida and their fanbase. Bye.

TrapGame
12-06-2017, 10:36 AM
I don't hate Dom Murloni. I think it was time for a change. He left us better off than when he came. And I think for guys like C34 it may end up being a vindication that Donny Mullonoski was actually holding us back some. He'd peaked here. Mainly b/c he was a lazy recruiter and complacent about his tenure here at MSU. Oh, and he wouldn't upgrade his assistants on the offensive side of the ball b/c they were his BFFs.

Dawgface
12-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Don't understand it either. And all the new names for him is silly too.

shannondawg
12-06-2017, 10:41 AM
I don't hate him, but sure hope he fails down there, for the simple reason that means the Gators fail, and since they are now recruiting against us why shouldn't I?

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2017, 10:46 AM
- I don't hate Mullen & actually am thankful for everything he did for MSU program, except losing a few Egg Bowls while trying to get another job.

- I've lost a ton of respect for him by how he has handled this change, continues to recruit players that are committed to a program he built, & how it's clear that he thought he was better than MSU, due to how he never embraced the state or the town. That's not a requirement for a coach, but it still would've shown a lot.

- I hope he falls on his face & sucks it up at Florida because that increases the value of the MSU coaching job. Mullen stinking at Florida shows that MSU can be a destination job as leaving for a more prominent school does not guarantee success.

BulldogBacker
12-06-2017, 10:47 AM

I personally think it is self serving. Some people jump on the bus as it leaves the station, others drive the bus. When the hate threads started, others piled on. They thought it was cute to invent names for Dan Mullen. Are we disappointed he left? Yes, I think 95% are deeply disappointed. I think they channeled their disappointment into attempts to be funny. We experienced some of the best football in our history. Dan built that. Dan does not deserve it. College football has become a business. If you were CEO of ABC Manufacturing, and DEF Corporation came after you with a huge pay raise and a better location to live, you would go too!

louisvilledawg
12-06-2017, 10:47 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/334.gif

confucius say
12-06-2017, 10:51 AM
His regular season avg was 7.1 wins vs 4.9 losses. So just over a 7-5 coach on average. Also to his credit, he left the program in a great place. Some think that's good, some think it's not enough.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2017, 10:51 AM
I appreciate what he did for us, I supported him from the get go. That being said I don't appreciate how he left and some of the stuff he's spreading among the uf faithful about Cohen and our admin are really not cool. No hate, just extreme disappointment in the way he's handled his departure, appreciate what he did, now glad he's gone.

confucius say
12-06-2017, 10:54 AM
- I don't hate Mullen & actually am thankful for everything he did for MSU program, except losing a few Egg Bowls while trying to get another job.

- I've lost a ton of respect for him by how he has handled this change, continues to recruit players that are committed to a program he built, & how it's clear that he thought he was better than MSU, due to how he never embraced the state or the town. That's not a requirement for a coach, but it still would've shown a lot.

- I hope he falls on his face & sucks it up at Florida because that increases the value of the MSU coaching job. Mullen stinking at Florida shows that MSU can be a destination job as leaving for a more prominent school does not guarantee success.

Why do you think he never embraced starkville or Mississippi?

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2017, 10:54 AM
It’s starting to sound like somebody’s ex on Facebook that just can’t shut up about how the guy did her wrong (even though she was a stay at home mom and got the $500,000 house), the one you eventually unfollow because you don’t want to see it anymore.

msstatelp1
12-06-2017, 10:56 AM
It's just like hating the villain in wrassling. It more fun to boo him and call him names. All of.us know and appreciate that Dan raised the bar for us but that doesn't mean we have to kowtow to his memory for the rest of time. Over time he will be remembered fondly but he will also be remembered as the coach that quit before finishing the job.

BrunswickDawg
12-06-2017, 11:03 AM

^ This. I was a big defender of Rance Mulliniks, and didn't want to believe we were being used this whole time. The way he left opened the eyes of a lot of people, and you have to let people vent. When Jackie left, people were pissed at him for the way the program had become a shambles, but we still love him for what he did for the program. Rance will be seen in the same light in about 3-4 years.

As an aside - I was thinking something this morning. Did Dan actually do us a huge favor by leaving this year? We have a loaded team coming back. A team that I think will be good enough to challenge for the West - which defacto means be in the hunt for NC. I don't think Dan would have gotten us over that hump, and we would be royally pissed at a 10-2 record with 2 bed shittings against Auburn and Bama (or god forbid OM). Couple that with the probability that the Country Club was going to coast into the 2019 signing class thinking they had it made, which would have been a recipe for disaster. If those 2 things happened, I think there would have been a lot of talk after next year about moving on and I don't think Dan's ego would have handled that well. He'd be 2016 pissy, and the 2019 season could turn into a 2001 disaster- leading to a Jackie-esqu downfall. This may be the one time in history that we have had the best thing possible happen to us from a coaching turnover perspective.

Tbonewannabe
12-06-2017, 11:03 AM

I think most people think he should have had the letter ready to go especially if he let Cohen and Keenum know months ago. The letter that was released was a reaction to the uproar from MSU fans. I don't think any type of business is handled like this. There are cases where management wants you to leave the premises if you are no longer employed but you say goodbye to your coworkers and employees. He also is now trying to poach recruits. You look at Coach Moorhead and he isn't contacting commits from Penn St that he or the new coach recruited.

I am sure the fire will die down eventually and he may be accepted if he returns to Starkville. He did elevate the program and did a lot of great things. It does matter how you leave though. He had referred to the job as a lateral move and they had talked down about the fans at UF. He has made passing references to his time at MSU but mostly to talk about how much he improved things. I think if he had a nice press release thanking the fans for his time here that was done as soon as he was announced that would have helped things. It also doesn't help that he is now trying to rip apart our signing class.

msstatelp1
12-06-2017, 11:07 AM
I appreciate what he did for us, I supported him from the get go. That being said I don't appreciate how he left and some of the stuff he's spreading among the uf faithful about Cohen and our admin are really not cool. No hate, just extreme disappointment in the way he's handled his departure, appreciate what he did, now glad he's gone.

What's he saying about Cohen and company?

Commercecomet24
12-06-2017, 11:18 AM
What's he saying about Cohen and company?

He's saying that the reason he left was he asked for 5 million and 300k in raises for his coaches and that Cohen said I can't do that. He's telling people there that Cohen is only interested in putting money in the baseball program and nothing else. Quote "Hope the new coach is interested in playing second fiddle to the baseball team". This comes from someone close to the uf program.

I don't buy ole Danny boys story for one minute considering what resources our admin has put into ALL sports here. I think he was just ready to go. It's fine if you want to move on but talk down about our admin and especially Cohen who is one of us.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2017, 11:28 AM
Why do you think he never embraced starkville or Mississippi?

He just never spoke about how it was home or built the town up.

In hindsight, Mullen did a great job but I don't think he was ever "All in"

I think in his heart he just felt he was better than MSU or Starkville & that made it difficult for him to sell the place.

While he did a great job at MSU, I think he viewed the MSU as a means to an end rather than a destination & that always kept him from getting over the hump.

It would be great if we had a coach that was a great offensive mind & was all in to embrace Starkville & win big here hell or high water. We'll see if Moorhead is that guy. His Pittsburgh & steel mill background offers me hope that he has the type of background of someone that can sell & embrace the state of Mississippi at the necessary level to sell it to kids & families across the country. I think Moorhead's background offers him a greater chance of relating & embracing Mississippi people

Tbonewannabe
12-06-2017, 11:29 AM
He's saying that the reason he left was he asked for 5 million and 300k in raises for his coaches and that Cohen said I can't do that. He's telling people there that Cohen is only interested in putting money in the baseball program and nothing else. Quote "Hope the new coach is interested in playing second fiddle to the baseball team". This comes from someone close to the uf program.

I don't buy ole Danny boys story for one minute considering what resources our admin has put into ALL sports here. I think he was just ready to go. It's fine if you want to move on but talk down about our admin and especially Cohen who is one of us.

He was already a top 15 paid coach and Grantham was paid $1 Mill per year with a 3 year deal. It sounds like he wanted a "reason" to leave. Baseball coaches are paid drastically below football so I don't know how much money going into baseball would even affect football. Unless he wanted some kind of facility upgrade and Cohen said it would have to wait until the baseball stadium was finished. Baseball is also our best opportunity to win a National Championship at MSU. Football and basketball (M&W) is a tougher environment. Women's basketball is probably the next best chance after baseball but UConn is like Bama football on steriods.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2017, 11:32 AM
As an aside - I was thinking something this morning. Did Dan actually do us a huge favor by leaving this year? We have a loaded team coming back. A team that I think will be good enough to challenge for the West - which defacto means be in the hunt for NC. I don't think Dan would have gotten us over that hump, and we would be royally pissed at a 10-2 record with 2 bed shittings against Auburn and Bama (or god forbid OM). Couple that with the probability that the Country Club was going to coast into the 2019 signing class thinking they had it made, which would have been a recipe for disaster. If those 2 things happened, I think there would have been a lot of talk after next year about moving on and I don't think Dan's ego would have handled that well. He'd be 2016 pissy, and the 2019 season could turn into a 2001 disaster- leading to a Jackie-esqu downfall. This may be the one time in history that we have had the best thing possible happen to us from a coaching turnover perspective.

I think there is an excellent argument that for the long term ceiling of the program, Mullen leaving this year was for the best. The sucky part though is that had Mullen been "all in" we'd be in the Citrus Bowl right now & with a 9-3 record. However, now since we don't have a coaching staff, a 10-3, top 10 caliber team is probably going to finish unranked & with an 8-5 record. Mullen's situation royally 17ed this ceiling of this season & will likely cause us to be ranked far lower going into 2018 than we should be.

So, for the long term, I agree that now was probably the best time, but for the short term, it sucks.

Tbonewannabe
12-06-2017, 11:33 AM
He just never spoke about how it was home or built the town up.

In hindsight, Mullen did a great job but I don't think he was ever "All in"

I think in his heart he just felt he was better than MSU or Starkville & that made it difficult for him to sell the place.

While he did a great job at MSU, I think he viewed the MSU as a means to an end rather than a destination & that always kept him from getting over the hump.

I would be great if we had a coach that was a great offensive mind & was all in to embrace Starkville & win big here hell or high water. We'll see if Moorhead is that guy. His Pittsburgh & steel mill background offers me hope that he has the type of background of someone that can sell & embrace the state of Mississippi at the necessary level to sell it to kids & families across the country. I think Moorhead's background offers him a greater chance of relating & embracing Mississippi people

It always seemed like he was telling you what you wanted to hear but it always seemed not quite genuine. Looking back, I think I believed they liked Starkville because I wanted to think that. I personally would like to live there but it is more of my love for the university than anything else. Dan didn't have that and it kind of showed through the cracks. It is similar to how he looked getting off the plane at UF. He is smiling and doing the gator chomp but you can tell there is disappointment there because of the lack of fans or enthusiasm.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2017, 11:37 AM
It always seemed like he was telling you what you wanted to hear but it always seemed not quite genuine. Looking back, I think I believed they liked Starkville because I wanted to think that. I personally would like to live there but it is more of my love for the university than anything else. Dan didn't have that and it kind of showed through the cracks. It is similar to how he looked getting off the plane at UF. He is smiling and doing the gator chomp but you can tell there is disappointment there because of the lack of fans or enthusiasm.

That's a very good description of how i feel as well.

Yeah the gator chomp coming off the plane and the smile looked awfully forced. Like he was expecting way more in the form of a greeting. The scene at the airport was kind of sad to be honest, especially compared to the reception Coach Moorhead received.

Tbonewannabe
12-06-2017, 11:40 AM
That's a very good description of how i feel as well.

Yeah the gator chomp coming off the plane and the smile looked awfully forced. Like he was expecting way more in the form of a greeting. The scene at the airport was kind of sad to be honest, especially compared to the reception Coach Moorhead received.

Entirely different ends of the spectrum from fan excitement. We are pumped we were able to get such a good coach to replace Mullen and UF is disappointed that Chip Kelly, Scott Frost, and Mike Gundy turned them down.

BrunswickDawg
12-06-2017, 11:40 AM

$300k for Grantham and the defensive staff? - I bet Cohen was down for that. $300k more for Gonzo and Hev? I hope Cohen told him to cram that up his ass.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2017, 11:44 AM

I don’t think Dan and Megan disliked Starkville. I just think they were indifferent to it. Dan could sell his football program, but had trouble selling the school or town.

CovertDawg
12-06-2017, 11:46 AM
I think most just wanted to believe Mullen had a little more fight in him and liked being the underdog. If he wins 2 National titles in his first 4 years at UF, then he might be Florida's 3rd most beloved coach after Meyer and Spurrier. If he takes MSU to Atlanta then he gets a statue, and if he wins in Atlanta then MSU teams 30 years from now are probably playing on Dan Mullen field. But it is what it is, he got out with his 33-39 SEC record and I thank him for stabilizing the program. It is going to take a very special person to embrace the challenges of being at MSU and really dig in and fight to get us to the next level. Scott and Dan were not those guys. It does not make them bad people. It simply means they wanted to take the easier road and MSU was not at the forefront of their minds.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2017, 11:48 AM
$300k for Grantham and the defensive staff? - I bet Cohen was down for that. $300k more for Gonzo and Hev? I hope Cohen told him to cram that up his ass.

Just excuses to leave, I guess an attempt to build himself up and to make the uf fanbase feel like they are a bigger fish and have more "resources" than poor ole State. Extremely disappointing to me on his part.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2017, 11:59 AM
Just excuses to leave, I guess an attempt to build himself up and to make the uf fanbase feel like they are a bigger fish and have more "resources" than poor ole State. Extremely disappointing to me on his part.

This is kind of the thing. Other than ego, there was no good reason to leave.

That's the part of this that everyone is struggling with. Mullen left for no good reason. He just left & I hope he pays for that decision.

Commercecomet24
12-06-2017, 12:03 PM
This is kind of the thing. Other than ego, there was no good reason to leave.

That's the part of this that everyone is struggling with. Mullen left for no good reason. He just left & I hope he pays for that decision.

Exactly. That is the reason everyone is struggling with it. He just left.

DLGDawg
12-06-2017, 12:22 PM
His regular season avg was 7.1 wins vs 4.9 losses. So just over a 7-5 coach on average. Also to his credit, he left the program in a great place. Some think that's good, some think it's not enough.

I don?t hate dan. Appreciate the level he got us to.

To use a golf analogy... dan was gonna have us on the Ryder cup team(or dang near it).

But...at this point in his career he?s not the one you want to HAVE to make the 6 footer to win the Ryder cup. That?s IMHO

Dawg61
12-06-2017, 12:31 PM
I enjoy hating on Dem Mepperoni because the posters that is bothers are almost unanimously ones I don't like so I will continue to do so because they suck and so does Dung Mozzarella

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2015-04/27/2/enhanced/webdr09/anigif_enhanced-19128-1430117809-10.gif

JEDdawg 12
12-06-2017, 12:49 PM
It’s simple, say what you mean and mean what you say!! Oh and don’t worry about other job openings, checking out on you current team, instead of preparing your team for a possible 9 win regular season and possible Ny 6 bowl game. Just my opinion! 17 Nad nellum

HarryBuff
12-06-2017, 01:11 PM
Don't understand it either. And all the new names for him is silly too.

Ha. Man....glad others see how dumb the random made up names are.

Just makes it seem like the people using them are still butt hurt about him moving on. Get over it and move on your self. If I were one to visit other fanbases forums (like so many are) and saw them referring to an old coach like that it it would appear to me that those are sore and can't get past it. They aren't even clever or insults for that matter.

It also exudes the "little brother" mentality that MSU get's accused of all the time.

Dawg61
12-06-2017, 01:35 PM
Ha. Man....glad others see how dumb the random made up names are.

Just makes it seem like the people using them are still butt hurt about him moving on. Get over it and move on your self. If I were one to visit other fanbases forums (like so many are) and saw them referring to an old coach like that it it would appear to me that those are sore and can't get past it. They aren't even clever or insults for that matter.

It also exudes the "little brother" mentality that MSU get's accused of all the time.

I view the posters bitching about the Dante Muffin names as the ones that are insecure and worried about other fanbases. The rest of us are unifying together and having fun with it. Almost unanimously we are all excited for Moorhead and think we have upgraded at the HC position so we are enjoying Merkel and the Gators thinking they scored a huge hire when we just got a better one than them in two days. Thanks Cohen!

HarryBuff
12-06-2017, 02:00 PM
I view the posters bitching about the Dante Muffin names as the ones that are insecure and worried about other fanbases. The rest of us are unifying together and having fun with it. Almost unanimously we are all excited for Moorhead and think we have upgraded at the HC position so we are enjoying Merkel and the Gators thinking they scored a huge hire when we just got a better one than them in two days. Thanks Cohen!

Oooooooooh Dante Muffin http://panicfreaks.org/images/smilies/burnsauce.gif You really got him. Here let me try with your name. Hawgs32. Got hiiiiim. What a knee slapper.

That's about the response I expected though. If I wouldn't have even mentioned other fanbases looking at forums then your accusation of insecurities wouldn't even be there. Guess I set my self up for an easy one. Still though, about as creative as the random names.

No one even mentioned any disappointment in Moorhead. Not sure where you pulled that from. It almost sounds to me like you are trying to justify your insecurities with that statement. Also, quit pretending Mullen won't have an effect at UF. They are a sleeping giant waiting to be woken up. No one is arguing that Mullen is better than Moorhead either. I'm way more happy with Moorhead than Mullen. One can only run the ball up the gut so many times before it doesn't work anymore. It wouldn't be that hard to be more creative than Mullen.

drunkernhelldawg
12-06-2017, 02:11 PM
There was a lot of marketing for Dan's reputation. He was almost always able to get the benefit of the doubt, from that damn jump pass that put an L on our record at the very start. The making the bowl game thing is great except that it's easier than ever to do that with playing 12 games. Same with the 9 win seasons. Not as impressive in a 12 or 13 game season as in a 10 or 11 game season. Also, being ranked #1 and everybody remember that than the fact we lost 4 of 5 games to end the season. Finally, our weak finish to our up to then strong performance at the Bama game this year. Another L on our record, not to mention our readiness to play in the Egg Bowl. I'm not obsessed by these things; I'm just amazed that nobody seems to be aware of them.

But don't get me too wrong. I liked Dan as a coach and generally enjoyed his years as our coach. But it was always our team, never his, not in the same way. And MSU is still our team. Not his anymore.

Dawg61
12-06-2017, 02:20 PM
Oooooooooh Dante Muffin http://panicfreaks.org/images/smilies/burnsauce.gif You really got him. Here let me try with your name. Hawgs32. Got hiiiiim. What a knee slapper.

That's about the response I expected though. If I wouldn't have even mentioned other fanbases looking at forums then your accusation of insecurities wouldn't even be there. Guess I set my self up for an easy one. Still though, about as creative as the random names.

No one even mentioned any disappointment in Moorhead. Not sure where you pulled that from. It almost sounds to me like you are trying to justify your insecurities with that statement. Also, quit pretending Mullen won't have an effect at UF. They are a sleeping giant waiting to be woken up. No one is arguing that Mullen is better than Moorhead either. I'm way more happy with Moorhead than Mullen. One can only run the ball up the gut so many times before it doesn't work anymore. It wouldn't be that hard to be more creative than Mullen.

I'll stop calling him Muffin and other variations when I get bored with it. Not when someone who just signed up for this board two months ago wants me to.

Leroy Jenkins
12-06-2017, 02:29 PM
Dont understand the hate for Mullen?

Well, its like gayness, if you dont know it when you see it, it cant be explained to you.

HarryBuff
12-06-2017, 02:41 PM
I'll stop calling him Muffin and other variations when I get bored with it. Not when someone who just signed up for this board two months ago wants me to.

Have fun then. No one asked you to stop. I just said it was dumb. You're the one that responded to me agreeing with some one else's post and adding my opinion.

If you applied me saying something was dumb to your posts, then I think there lies your answer. Go ahead and add me to your list of people on here you dislike.

I guess the date one signed up for a site validates there opinion or how big a fan they are to you. Small world you must live in. Enjoy.

MadDawg
12-06-2017, 02:45 PM
Well it's certainly something Moorhead as to look forward to - the day MSU fans hate him too and start coming up with ignorant names to call him. It's like a rite of passage.

Dawg61
12-06-2017, 04:08 PM
I guess the date one signed up for a site validates there opinion or how big a fan they are to you. Small world you must live in. Enjoy.

Nope the date you signed up has more to do with how much worth your opinion is in regards to bitching about how other posters post on this board. Post count also is taken into effect here. Welcome back though banned other username.

MoreCowbell
12-06-2017, 04:14 PM
I felt the need to post because it seems like 90% of this board hates him. For God sakes there was a thread the other day saying he wasn?t really a good QB developer... like come on.

MoreCowbell
12-06-2017, 04:15 PM
This I can somewhat get.

MoreCowbell
12-06-2017, 04:16 PM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/334.gif this was good.

drunkernhelldawg
12-06-2017, 04:38 PM
I felt the need to post because it seems like 90% of this board hates him. For God sakes there was a thread the other day saying he wasn?t really a good QB developer... like come on.

I don't hate him. I just don't think our history begins and ends with him.

Gutter Cobreh
12-06-2017, 05:18 PM
I don't hate him. I just don't think our history begins and ends with him.

Bingo! I don't hate Lateral Move and I'm happy that he's at a place where he feels like he can truly reach his potential. The problems I have are the way he left (more so for the current players than the fanbase) and the narrative that he built this program by himself, to which he feeds into. We all know you can't accomplish anything without the help of others. He seems to think those "others" are Hev. and Gonzo.

I'll forever continue to call him Lateral Move, only because of those were his words for Collins when he left. It seems to fit perfectly under the circumstances.

Being a bit childish, I also find humor in the way he kowtows to Spurrier. This was him the other night giving "relentless effort" to gain a bit of acceptance from the Ole Ball Coach at the College Football HOF:

https://s8.postimg.org/qsddpq5qd/DQPvjjy_Vw_AAFavw.jpg-large.jpg

HarryBuff
12-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Nope the date you signed up has more to do with how much worth your opinion is in regards to bitching about how other posters post on this board. Post count also is taken into effect here. Welcome back though banned other username.

In your opinion I guess.

Shows how much you know though since I've never been banned and only have one login. Keep trying though. Not sure why you would even pretend to know that other than you're grasping at straws now. The only reason I joined was to get some other Bulldog fans takes on the OM investigation as it was going on. It was a good place that offered info. that the media neglected to share. If you would like to check the timeline comparing my join date, that should add up and be plenty valid.

Clearly it makes you feel like king ding-a-ling to have over 17,000 posts. That is definitely obvious. It just seems like a common "go-to" for people on here when some one says something that you or anyone else may disagree with. How does it feel to get worked by a noob with less than 50 posts on a site you feel you have so much clout on because of your post count? What a measuring stick to live by ha.

Pollodawg
12-06-2017, 05:40 PM
Bingo! I don't hate Lateral Move and I'm happy that he's at a place where he feels like he can truly reach his potential. The problems I have are the way he left (more so for the current players than the fanbase) and the narrative that he built this program by himself, to which he feeds into. We all know you can't accomplish anything without the help of others. He seems to think those "others" are Hev. and Gonzo.

I'll forever continue to call him Lateral Move, only because of those were his words for Collins when he left. It seems to fit perfectly under the circumstances.

Being a bit childish, I also find humor in the way he kowtows to Spurrier. This was him the other night giving "relentless effort" to gain a bit of acceptance from the Ole Ball Coach at the College Football HOF:

https://s8.postimg.org/qsddpq5qd/DQPvjjy_Vw_AAFavw.jpg-large.jpg

This. Mullen did not build this program alone.

Gutter Cobreh
12-06-2017, 05:40 PM
In your opinion I guess.

Shows how much you know though since I've never been banned and only have one login. Keep trying though. Not sure why you would even pretend to know that other than you're grasping at straws now. The only reason I joined was to get some other Bulldog fans takes on the OM investigation as it was going on. It was a good place that offered info. that the media neglected to share. If you would like to check the timeline comparing my join date, that should add up and be plenty valid.

Clearly it makes you feel like king ding-a-ling to have over 17,000 posts. That is definitely obvious. It just seems like a common "go-to" for people on here when some one says something that you or anyone else may disagree with. How does it feel to get worked by a noob with less than 50 posts on a site you feel you have so much clout on because of your post count? What a measuring stick to live by ha.

It's a right of passage to spar with Dawg61 at some point. Everyone on this board has done it, but over time he grows on you. You actually joined at a good time because with basketball season kicking off, he may start back on the narrative that Howland needs more technicals to show toughness and/or rambling about Tookie Brown being all-world...and you'll have something else to disagree with him on.

Dawg61
12-06-2017, 05:57 PM
In your opinion I guess.

I quoted one post from you and ever since you've been coming at me like we have some type of built up history. I don't know you bruh. ****ing chill

RougeDawg
12-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Well it's certainly something Moorhead as to look forward to - the day MSU fans hate him too and start coming up with ignorant names to call him. It's like a rite of passage.

Damn dude. They sell what you need on the feminine aisle.

Todd4State
12-06-2017, 07:24 PM

That's pretty funny coming from a guy who was Florida's FOURTH choice and shares an office with Steve Spurrier.

Todd4State
12-06-2017, 07:33 PM
I'll say it- I don't hate Dan but I'm glad he left. The only thing that I have regrets about regarding him is I wish he had left after the 2015 season- that would have spared us the 2016 recruiting class debacle, the 2016 season, and would have left us with a probably even better 2017 season which was pretty good.

He was a "good" coach but he's not great and never will be a great coach because he has certain things that he is hard headed about that limit his ceiling- recruiting, keeping deadweight friends on staff, playing upperclassmen because they are upperclassmen and not necessarily the best players are the biggest things. It's why he won about half of the big games that Jackie did.

Him complaining about a lack of support is a complete slap in the face because we gave him everything he wanted and most of the fans defended him despite his very obvious flaws. It's appropriate that his biggest accomplishment was "getting us to number one" which is about like someone bragging about making the honor roll at midterm and then finishing with all C's. Of course that would be so Dan Mullen too.

bulldawg28
12-06-2017, 08:03 PM
I wish him well except when we play . I think the dude really liked it here. We are an acquired taste and he accepted us for who we are. I think he finally realized his limits here and moved on. No need to force a relationship

DownwardDawg
12-06-2017, 10:26 PM
I laugh when people say Mullins built our program. Ummmm, no. How about Doc Foglesong coming in and cleaning house, firing the worst AD in college sports. Then he hired Greg Byrne for us and then he resigned and gracefully stepped out of the way. Then we hire Mark Keenum. Byrne hires don Mullins and John Cohen after he bitch slaps Ron Polk.
Mullins was a piece of the rebuild. He certainly didn't do it, he just helped. Moorhead will take us further than Mullins did.

Dawg61
12-06-2017, 10:51 PM
I laugh when people say Mullins built our program. Ummmm, no. How about Doc Foglesong coming in and cleaning house, firing the worst AD in college sports. Then he hired Greg Byrne for us and then he resigned and gracefully stepped out of the way. Then we hire Mark Keenum. Byrne hires don Mullins and John Cohen after he bitch slaps Ron Polk.
Mullins was a piece of the rebuild. He certainly didn't do it, he just helped. Moorhead will take us further than Mullins did.

General Fog also declared war on all the daffodils on campus. That was important.

Todd4State
12-06-2017, 11:07 PM

Jackie had much more to do with building our program than Dan did. MUCH more. And he was actually able to beat Alabama.

Spiderman
12-06-2017, 11:18 PM

Nevermind already answered

Spiderman
12-06-2017, 11:25 PM
I don?t think Dan and Megan disliked Starkville. I just think they were indifferent to it. Dan could sell his football program, but had trouble selling the school or town.

. Megan seems to really like it. Moved her parents down. She tailgated near us with a big group of friends.

Mullen could care less where he lives. He liked Starkville ok, he'd like anywhere ok. He is single minded and highly ambitious. All he cares about other than family is football.

He will go, and like and sell, where ever he is to win football games. He lived in Harlem for christ sake just so he could ride a train for 2 hours every morning to be a GA.

Football is all that matters

Commercecomet24
12-07-2017, 12:04 AM
Nevermind already answered

Cool. I was just about to reply.

The Federalist Engineer
12-07-2017, 12:11 AM
He tanked an egg bowl and lost to a village idiot, that?s all I will remember

The rest is past history and belongs to us, his employers. He was an employee, not the program. No hate, he is gone and now he is irrelevant to us

DownwardDawg
12-07-2017, 09:24 AM
Jackie had much more to do with building our program than Dan did. MUCH more. And he was actually able to beat Alabama.

Very true!

Cooterpoot
12-07-2017, 09:41 AM
Mullen is a narcissistic a-hole. Just how it is. His idea of himself is way too inflated and he tries to control everything. We let him do that for the most part, but Cohen got tired of it this year. Good riddance to a good coach, that's full of shit.

Cooterpoot
12-07-2017, 09:44 AM

I disagree that Jackie did more for our program. He left us on probation and full of problems that took some years to get past. Our administration did more for our program than any coach. We actually started marketing our school and program. Mullen helped by winning a few games, but he benefitted more than he contributed.