PDA

View Full Version : Don Loses Another

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Don just lost another 4* recruit Rique Stevenson

Don?s recruiting will be interesting.

While Yes the East is easier, he?s going to have to develop into a better recruiter if he is going succeed at FL with Richt and now Taggert in the state to go along with Kirby and Urban plucking a few.

Don is a good coach and has a high floor at Florida at about 8 wins once he gets his culture installed, but, in order to win the East or compete for a natty, Don will have to overcome his socially awkward, arrogant personality

TrapGame
12-05-2017, 03:56 PM
Poor Don.

He's gonna one hell of a coach at UMass one day.

Commercecomet24
12-05-2017, 03:57 PM
Dropping like flies. The fanbase is growing restless.

Jack Lambert
12-05-2017, 03:58 PM
It could be something more going on like they didn't like the way Florida treated the previous coach and the high number of fans who are not happy with new coaches. They brought it all on them selves. Their shit does stink and why would a 4 or 5 star want to go there when they could go to FSU, GA, Bama or Miami?

RezDog7
12-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Looks like it’s about to get tougher with Taggart going to FSU.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2017, 04:02 PM
Looks like it’s about to get tougher with Taggart going to FSU.

Yup. Don is about to have work

Brahmabull
12-05-2017, 04:05 PM
Don's donfall will be his inability to recruit.

TrapGame
12-05-2017, 04:05 PM
It could be something more going on like they didn't like the way Florida treated the previous coach and the high number of fans who are not happy with new coaches. They brought it all on them selves. Their shit does stink and why would a 4 or 5 star want to go there when they could go to FSU, GA, Bama or Miami?

I guess Don thought his winning personality would just turn that program around in no time. He took over a Florida program in a nose dive. He's got to change the culture and make sure he keeps Foley and Spurrier happy too. It's gonna be a tall order to fill and I really don't see him getting it done in the time frame fans and boosters expect.

fader2103
12-05-2017, 04:06 PM
4 in 2 days decommitts. 2 from 2018 and 2 from 2019

preachermatt83
12-05-2017, 04:16 PM
Ladson just decomitted too!! Ha!!

RougeDawg
12-05-2017, 04:17 PM
Don's donfall will be his inability to To recognize, acknowledge and work on his weaknesses.

FIFY.

HereComesTheSpiral
12-05-2017, 04:21 PM
I guess Don thought his winning personality would just turn that program around in no time. He took over a Florida program in a nose dive. He's got to change the culture and make sure he keeps Foley and Spurrier happy too. It's gonna be a tall order to fill and I really don't see him getting it done in the time frame fans and boosters expect.

So he’s Floridas version of Croom?

Bubb Rubb
12-05-2017, 04:27 PM
Dropping like flies. The fanbase is growing restless.

I thought the UF fan narrative was that Florida recruits itself??

Lord McBuckethead
12-05-2017, 04:29 PM
Kirby already has 3 5* kids in the upcoming class. Dude is tearing it up.

Commercecomet24
12-05-2017, 04:29 PM

Apparently that only goes so far lol

thf24
12-05-2017, 04:32 PM

Don's laziness and hard-headed universal recruiting pitch will cancel that advantage out. The type of athletes who are attracted to name and prestige alone don't want to hear that they'll have to earn their spot just like everyone else.

Bubb Rubb
12-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Don's laziness and hard-headed universal recruiting pitch will cancel that advantage out. The type of athletes who are attracted to name and prestige alone don't want to hear that they'll have to earn their spot just like everyone else.

my question was rhetorical of course. As a MSU fan, I have seen Dan's "relentless effort" on the recruiting trail (as well as Hevesy's eff ups) up close. I think it's going to be a big problem for him at Florida. And they aren't going to give him 9 years to figure it out like we did.

CovertDawg
12-05-2017, 04:49 PM
I get that Florida has financial resources but this idea that the city of Gainesville is some sort of magical city that attracts people is silly. It is your typical town of 130k. Not terrible but not great. Big enough to have traffic and most chains but not eclectic enough to offer much that is unique. It is about as far away from the beach as you can get while being located in the state of Florida.

RougeDawg
12-05-2017, 04:50 PM
4 in 2 days decommitts. 2 from 2018 and 2 from 2019

I?m sure his ?you are going to have to work hard to play over the upperclassmen ahead of you, even if you are the better player? is doing wonders for the guys they have committed.

The more I think about everything and the further along we get without Don, the better and better off we are looking.

TrapGame
12-05-2017, 04:51 PM
So he’s Floridas version of Croom?

Just with a better offense.

Dawg61
12-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Don't forget about Kiffin over at FAU. He's gonna be a pain in Don's ass. Kiffin will get his fair share of good Florida players.

ScottH
12-05-2017, 04:55 PM
#lazyrecruiter

Tbonewannabe
12-05-2017, 05:35 PM

I wonder how happy Spurrier is going to be when Dan tries to burn the entire second half of a game by running and punting? I am sure he will hang 50 on anybody he can but will shit the bed against great defenses like normal.

RezDog7
12-05-2017, 05:50 PM
If Mullen does poorly at FL and we can continue to win it will show that it wasn’t just Mullen and really help our program going forward.

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2017, 06:37 PM
If Mullen does poorly at FL and we can continue to win it will show that it wasn’t just Mullen and really help our program going forward.

This is why you should root against Don

Not because you don’t like him but because him losing at Florida would increase the value of the MSU job

RougeDawg
12-05-2017, 06:47 PM
This is why you should root against Don

Not because you don?t like him but because him losing at Florida would increase the value of the MSU job

Fairly certain he won't need our rooting against him for this outcome. He took two of the worst recruiters in the SEC with him and he's horrible himself. Time will show and he's got more competition where he is now.