PDA

View Full Version : Willie Taggert to FSU

Really Clark?
12-05-2017, 03:50 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21679513/willie-taggart-leaving-oregon-take-florida-state-coaching-job

TrapGame
12-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Bo called it a C+ hire his morning. Thinks he'll last three seasons and ******* with own him coaching wise. But, said it could be trouble for Dim Mullett recruiting wise.

parabrave
12-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Pawlll basically said WFT FSU.

DawgPoundtheRock
12-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Mullen to Ore..........oh wait, Mike Leach to Oregon.

RocketDawg
12-05-2017, 05:47 PM
I still can't believe he passed up a great opportunity to go to Ole Miss, and now he's stuck at FSU. **

Spiderman
12-05-2017, 06:00 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21679513/willie-taggart-leaving-oregon-take-florida-state-coaching-job

Have never seen the love for Taggart. He might can recruit himself to Top 4 just because of being at FSU, but as a HC I've never understood the infatuation

ShotgunDawg
12-05-2017, 06:44 PM
Have never seen the love for Taggart. He might can recruit himself to Top 4 just because of being at FSU, but as a HC I've never understood the infatuation

He has Oregon currently with the #5 class which would be by far their highest in history. He took over a Western Kentucky program on a 20 game losing streak and built them up, took over a 3-9 South Florida program and built them to 10-2, and took a 4 win Oregon team in 2016 to 7-5 in his first year.

Taggert is good but has taken over programs that were in bad shape. His record is meh but it hardly tells the story.

dawgs
12-05-2017, 07:06 PM
As an Oregon alum (along with MSU), sucks mainly cause that crootin class was easily the best they’ve ever had and it’s now gonna be from top 10 to maybe top 40 in a matter of days. Sucks that Oregon is also the last P5 program to the coaching search party too. When Herbert was healthy, Oregon averaged 52+ points a game, and the D improved a ton from 2016 to 2017 under leavitt. Seems like Sumlin is being mentioned the most, which is kinda uninspiring, but maybe he’d thrive getting out of the west, who knows. I’d say take the lane train from boca to Eugene, but that’s not for everyone I know. Sucks that Tennessee bungling hire after hire has also gotten half the damn coaches in the country extensions.

yjnkdawg
12-05-2017, 07:32 PM
I think it was a mutual agreement on Jimbo parting ways with FSU. I said on here before Don took the job that the people in Gator Company did not want Taggart coming back to FL at FSU and having to recruit against him . That was before Don was even in the mix for the HC position. There were rumors of Taggart possibly going to FSu, even before the TAMU position opened up. There supposedly had been some demands made by FSU and I don't know if JImbo did them or wanted to do them. Since it is now a reality, let's just see if Taggart becomes Don's worst recruiting nightmare.

dawgs
12-05-2017, 09:07 PM
If taggart can get a #5 rated class to Eugene, he won’t have a problem getting top 5 classes to f$u every year. Now if he doesn’t produce on the field, the crootin’ may drop off, but until then...