PDA

View Full Version : Why not hire Schrek?

M.Fillmore
09-29-2013, 04:15 PM
Orgeron felt he got screwed by the Bears. His mentality is definitely not prissy Oxford. His wife was royally POed at them. He is from the South.

I think Mullen should go after Orgeron. Jackie hired Joe Lee. Why not?
Orgeron is nuts but he can flat out recruit.

CadaverDawg
09-29-2013, 04:17 PM
I would take him in a heartbeat as a "Recruiter" only though. Unless he can coach OLine and replace Hevesy.

However, Bracky would turn us in at the thought of hiring Ogre. We would be on probation just for bringing up his name, and Redmond would have to sit out 2014

Todd4State
09-29-2013, 04:25 PM
I would take him in a heartbeat as a "Recruiter" only though. Unless he can coach OLine and replace Hevesy.

However, Bracky would turn us in at the thought of hiring Ogre. We would be on probation just for bringing up his name, and Redmond would have to sit out 2014

Exactly. O and Bracky are a match made in hell that might end in a fist fight at the Bryan Center. I wouldn't take O as a coach over Turner either. Honestly, I don't think Dan and Coach O would get along either.

HereComesTheSpiral
09-29-2013, 04:35 PM
Exactly. O and Bracky are a match made in hell that might end in a fist fight at the Bryan Center. I wouldn't take O as a coach over Turner either. Honestly, I don't think Dan and Coach O would get along either.

I think O could take Bracky, win-win to me. We get the recruiter we want and the incompetent compliance officer eats through a tube for the rest of his life. What's the problem?*****

engie
09-29-2013, 06:50 PM
We've shown no reason to believe that we could even afford the guy period. He is one of the highest paid assistant coaches in the country with a well-earned recruiting reputation. He and several other elite members of the USC staff will land on their feet somewhere....

Gonna be a long couple of years for them trying to get the numbers back up...

Todd4State
09-29-2013, 07:08 PM
I was reading ESPN.com and I thought this was very interesting regarding Lane Kiffen- per their reporter, part of the reason Kiffen was fired was because of recruiting.

It kind of makes me wonder if O is getting past his prime as a recruiter. And let's also not forget that many of the players on Nutt's worst teams were recruited by Coach O as well. Maybe he was overrated as a recruiter to start with.

engie
09-29-2013, 07:41 PM
I was reading ESPN.com and I thought this was very interesting regarding Lane Kiffen- per their reporter, part of the reason Kiffen was fired was because of recruiting.

It kind of makes me wonder if O is getting past his prime as a recruiter. And let's also not forget that many of the players on Nutt's worst teams were recruited by Coach O as well. Maybe he was overrated as a recruiter to start with.

Meh -- they are down 10 scholarships per year for last signing class and this signing class. As in, they can only sign 15 total. Their appeals of their sanctions essentially gave them 5 years of crippling sanctions instead of just two. Just spread them out. At one point last year prior to a bunch of late defections(everyone seeing the writing on the wall with Kiffin), they had the best class by average star rankings in the history of recruiting...

Todd4State
09-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Meh -- they are down 10 scholarships per year for last signing class and this signing class. As in, they can only sign 15 total. Their appeals of their sanctions essentially gave them 5 years of crippling sanctions instead of just two. Just spread them out. At one point last year prior to a bunch of late defections(everyone seeing the writing on the wall with Kiffin), they had the best class by average star rankings in the history of recruiting...

True- in fact it must be nice to look at your class and the worst guy is a 4 star. They had a better class in terms of star average than Ole Miss and the greatest class ever and the only that held them back was the fact that they could only get 15.

What the reporter was referencing was this current class for USC. She said that because of what was going on on the field this season that they were risking losing a lot of their current recruits- my guess is to UCLA.

engie
09-29-2013, 08:29 PM
True- in fact it must be nice to look at your class and the worst guy is a 4 star. They had a better class in terms of star average than Ole Miss and the greatest class ever and the only that held them back was the fact that they could only get 15.

What the reporter was referencing was this current class for USC. She said that because of what was going on on the field this season that they were risking losing a lot of their current recruits- my guess is to UCLA.

Yeah, that I'm sure of...

A coach in limbo never will recruit well anywhere -- doesn't matter how good of a recruiter he is...