PDA

View Full Version : Staff

BuckyIsAB****
12-04-2017, 02:08 PM
I know its been beaten like a dead horse but if some folks arent announced today is it time to worry about who the DC and staff will be

redstickdawg
12-04-2017, 02:21 PM
just a guess but some of these folks may still be involved in the playoffs and Moorhead is waiting until the conclusion of the games. I agree we need to start hearing something soon.

Dawg61
12-04-2017, 02:24 PM
I know its been beaten like a dead horse but if some folks arent announced today is it time to worry about who the DC and staff will be

Nope. 3 months from now sure.

Lord McBuckethead
12-04-2017, 02:24 PM
Not worried. Moorhead and Cohen are going to get it right.

BulldogDX55
12-04-2017, 02:26 PM
He has been our coach for less than a week and already poached PSU's top recruiter and kept our best off the field staff intact. RELAX.

fader2103
12-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Moorhead said he could fill his staff in just a few phone calls but he rather get it right. I trust him to make his own hires on his timeline.

preachermatt83
12-04-2017, 02:36 PM
I agree

Big4Dawg
12-04-2017, 02:42 PM
I'm getting anxious for sure.

I hope that he's taking his time instead of his 1st-4th options are saying no thanks.

basedog
12-04-2017, 02:47 PM
Is this gonna be the new agenda?

Some of you guys who are worried about a new Coach on Dec 4 should find a new hobby. Obviously known of you guys have a clue about Coaching and how things are done, and yes I once Coached and was an AD! Please step away from the edge.

TrapGame
12-04-2017, 02:54 PM
He hasn't had the job a week and the sky's falling.

Good grief.

Lord McBuckethead
12-04-2017, 02:55 PM
damn, found a perfect gif and I cannot figure out how to get it in here.

https://giant.gfycat.com/CandidKeyHairstreakbutterfly.webm

https://giant.gfycat.com/CandidKeyHairstreakbutterfly.webm

BulldogDX55
12-04-2017, 02:59 PM

Some of you guys who are worried about a new Coach on Dec 4 should find a new hobby. Obviously known of you guys have a clue about Coaching and how things are done, and yes I once Coached and was an AD! Please step away from the edge.

You were an AD? That's awesome! Great to have someone with real world perspective for this issue.

Tell me, which of these is most likely to be true:

A) We got Moorhead quickly because IB did his homework far in advance and our whole coaching search was basically just the final interview stage. Finding a DC, however, is taking a little bit longer because we don't have all of that advance warning, and the search process had to begin from the beginning because we only just got our coach.

-or-

B) The sky is falling and we are going to have to bring back Sirmon at double his old salary because we are clearly in desperation mode.

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 03:02 PM
I don't understand why people are demanding that our staff be fully in place and complete only a couple of weeks or so after we hired Moorhead. He probably has most of his staff basically in place but they're at other places and are probably waiting for the appropriate time to let their current employers know. Not all coaches are like Dan and let everyone know that they want out months ahead of time. In fact the rumor is he already has most of his offensive staff in place so we'll probably hear some rumors today or tomorrow and some official hires later in the week. Then you have guys that may stay like Looney, Baker, and Boniol.

And I'll say this ahead of time right now- if you're expecting another Grantham hire at DC you're probably going to be disappointed. I imagine that we're probably going to get either Bob Shoop, Vic Koenning, or David Blackwell from Jacksonville State. We might see a Co-DC situation like Moorhead had at Fordham too. Just speculation on my part. But the pending meltdown isn't. However, if people research the three coaches I just mentioned I think they should be satisfied because they meet the criteria that we want except for being a "big name".

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 03:06 PM
You were an AD? That's awesome! Great to have someone with real world perspective for this issue.

Tell me, which of these is most likely to be true:

A) We got Moorhead quickly because IB did his homework far in advance and our whole coaching search was basically just the final interview stage. Finding a DC, however, is taking a little bit longer because we don't have all of that advance warning, and the search process had to begin from the beginning because we only just got our coach.

-or-

B) The sky is falling and we are going to have to bring back Sirmon at double his old salary because we are clearly in desperation mode.

A.

We aren't even close to B at this point and won't even start to get there until the last week of January. People forget that Dan made a lot of his hires after NSD in February. At least officially.

Johnson85
12-04-2017, 03:13 PM

Well the early signing period is less than three weeks away. Don't pay enough attention to know whether having a DC in place will matter for that or not. I would think that defensive recruits that weren't just MSU fans would want to know who their defensive coordinator is before committing, which would mean having a DC in place at least early enough to visit recruits on the defensive side of the ball before the signing period opens would be helpful.

basedog
12-04-2017, 03:14 PM
Moorhead had the perfect answer for what he is looking for in a DC, "someone who has multiple sets, is unpredictable and someone I have a hard time getting an offensive game plan".

Like any AD or HC, good ones always think ahead and have a list of candidates just in case. Sometimes assistant Coaches have obligations (family, contracts) and their timing may be just a little off to make an announcement about changing jobs. It happened to me a long time ago about making a change in a job.

I'm betting Moorhead knows who will be our next DC, he already had a list of ones he liked.

basedog
12-04-2017, 03:18 PM
Well the early signing period is less than three weeks away. Don't pay enough attention to know whether having a DC in place will matter for that or not. I would think that defensive recruits that weren't just MSU fans would want to know who their defensive coordinator is before committing, which would mean having a DC in place at least early enough to visit recruits on the defensive side of the ball before the signing period opens would be helpful.

It's not all about this class and early signing, we have Coaches who are on this, most will sign that committed, yes we may lose a few but I bet we gain a few as well. Stop thinking about now but the future which is goal for Moorhead.

yjnkdawg
12-04-2017, 03:25 PM

Yep it definitely has. Coach Moorhead and Coach Huff are out meeting with our commits. THey can explain better what the vision of his program is and how the recruit will be utilized than new coaches coming in. He has been here less than a week, and the sky is still falling for some on here, but not for our president, athletic director, or head football coach.

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 03:27 PM
It's not all about this class and early signing, we have Coaches who are on this, most will sign that committed, yes we may lose a few but I bet we gain a few as well. Stop thinking about now but the future which is goal for Moorhead.

I don't think we will lose very many if any.

Mayden said he's coming to MSU and that was the main one I would have been worried about. I don't think McPherson flips as long as we have Boniol. Most of our commits committed to us because of MSU- not Dan.

I'm not counting Bleich because he never committed to us and Ross was probably going to get dropped anyway.

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Yep it definitely has. Coach Moorhead and Coach Huff are out meeting with our commits. THey can explain better what the vision of his program is and how the recruit will be utilized than new coaches coming in. He has been here less than a week, and the sky is still falling for some on here, but not for our president, athletic director, or head football coach.

Or 98% of MSU fans.

Bully13
12-04-2017, 03:30 PM
TN & AR would love to have our "problems".

Cary Hudson's little bro
12-04-2017, 03:38 PM
Steve is discussing Tim Brewster on his board! Would be HR

TrapGame
12-04-2017, 03:41 PM

Heard A&M is willing to pay Brewster over a million to come with Jimbo.

Ifyouonlyknew
12-04-2017, 03:42 PM

He's not interested & he's not coming

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-04-2017, 04:18 PM
He's not interested & he's not coming

Any educated guesses on staff hirings iyok?

Political Hack
12-04-2017, 04:19 PM
Id rather hire the right guy 4 weeks from now than the wrong guy tomorrow.

Political Hack
12-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Brewster has been in touch with State friendly folks recently, but I don’t think he overtly expressed any interest in coming back.

Turfdawg67
12-04-2017, 04:23 PM
Maybe Coach Mo is waiting for the bowl season to end, at the request of Don Brown, to see if Harbaugh jumps to the Tampa Bay Bucs or New York Giants. Man what a Christmas present that would be!

DogsofAnarchy
12-04-2017, 04:26 PM

Glad to see some sense around here!! Some of these posters have to be minors!!

TrapGame
12-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Maybe Coach Mo is waiting for the bowl season to end, at the request of Don Brown, to see if Harbaugh jumps to the Tampa Bay Bucs or New York Giants. Man what a Christmas present that would be!

That's what I've heard too. If Harbaugh goes to the NFL is the key. Brown is very loyal to Harbaugh and if he stays in Ann Arbor so does Brown.

yjnkdawg
12-04-2017, 04:36 PM

THIS - Agree 150% Hack.

fader2103
12-04-2017, 04:38 PM
I?m thinking Jeff Fisher to the Browns

Tbonewannabe
12-04-2017, 05:46 PM

Any chance Harbaugh goes to the Chicago Bears? That was the job I heard he might be interested in.

preachermatt83
12-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Agree

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 05:57 PM

No question that would be a huge break for us- and we really could use one.

dawgday166
12-04-2017, 06:27 PM
Last overnight hire by Mullen = Sirmon.

Bully13
12-04-2017, 06:28 PM

I like posts like this. however, would Brown follow Harbaugh to the NFL? well of course he prolly would. I guess the question would be whether or not Harbaugh and his new bosses would consider Brown NFL worthy.

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 06:32 PM
I like posts like this. however, would Brown follow Harbaugh to the NFL? well of course he prolly would. I guess the question would be whether or not Harbaugh and his new bosses would consider Brown NFL worthy.

I doubt it. Brown has never coached in the NFL.

BuckyIsAB****
12-04-2017, 06:45 PM
If anybody thinks not having a DC for the early signing day wont hurt us you are fooling yourself. Im not hating on Moorhead I like him so far hopefully he will do a great job. Im behind him, but we need to start filling some holes to help keep some of these kids. Also if its 3 MONTHS from now and we dont have a DC it is panic mode

Bully13
12-04-2017, 06:48 PM
If anybody thinks not having a DC for the early signing day wont hurt us you are fooling yourself. Im not hating on Moorhead I like him so far hopefully he will do a great job. Im behind him, but we need to start filling some holes to help keep some of these kids. Also if its 3 MONTHS from now and we dont have a DC it is panic mode

stay calm. listen to Hack. It will be ok.

MarketingBully
12-04-2017, 06:49 PM
Any chance Harbaugh goes to the Chicago Bears? That was the job I heard he might be interested in.

They just got beat by the 49ers (horrible loss). I think the Bears do open up and I think Harbaugh will jump there. I’d rather wait and get Don Brown then make a hurried hire just for the early signing period. I think our fans need to be patient instead of acting like our hair is on fire.

MarketingBully
12-04-2017, 06:50 PM

Agreed.

Shake 'n Bake
12-04-2017, 06:52 PM
We’re actually pretty lucky and have almost a full class already committed and the only kid that seems to be wavering at all is a kicker. I don’t see any reason to rush into a defensive coordinator, if we’re not quite ready to commit to one.

Really Clark?
12-04-2017, 07:12 PM
Or maybe we have a DC that can't be announced yet but our recruits know who it is.

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 07:20 PM
Or maybe we have a DC that can't be announced yet but our recruits know who it is.

It could be a situation where Moorhead is telling them...

It's Don Brown if Harbaugh leaves for the NFL and if he stays it's going to be __.

My educated guess is we name the offensive staff this week, maybe some of the other staff as well, and then wait until after the bowls for the DC.

Spiderman
12-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Steve has better sources with the NCAA and the OM stuff than he does on our side.

Unlike the OM fan sites, which are de facto members of their Athletic Dept., Mullen and Cohen never leaked major stuff to ours. And Moorhead hasn't been here long enough to trust anybody enough to leak anything.

Gotta give Mullen credit, he could keep stuff under wraps as well as anybody. Even the managers were scared to say anything