PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss and the impact of #TheNetworks downfall

Behrdawg
12-04-2017, 07:50 AM
Lost in the echo of what many deem as “disappointing” is this specific sanction: “Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.”

Let that sink in. Based on our (the elitedawgs) intel, most of the infractions that OM partakes in are during the “unofficial visits”.

Now- dwell on this. OM lost these things thru this investigation:
- Hugh Freeze
- Cam Akers (see my other thread that Ive bumped)
- 2 bowl games
- $20 million
- 13 schollys
- AND the asst coach (Farrar) with the black book that ran the empire

Id say the OM was hit significantly. Especially with Akers. I know for a fact that he was going to take 2 to 3 of our signees that we signed last year if he had enrolled at OM. Its also a fact that he did not enroll at OM only because of the looming investigation. This info came straight from a former coach to my ears. You can see that thread here: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?62561-Cam-Akers-Ole-Miss-and-an-Old-friend

Behrdawg
12-04-2017, 08:06 AM
Oh. Dont forget about the upcoming players who are going to transfer.

Mutt the Hoople
12-04-2017, 08:11 AM
2017 is the age of snowflake millennials who are offended by the wind blowing the wrong direction. How in the world does a school named after what slaves called their Master's wife, and whose mascot was a soldier in the Army defending that way of life, so successful in getting ANY players, much less African-American?

redstickdawg
12-04-2017, 08:49 AM
2017 is the age of snowflake millennials who are offended by the wind blowing the wrong direction. How in the world does a school named after what slaves called their Master's wife, and whose mascot was a soldier in the Army defending that way of life, so successful in getting ANY players, much less African-American?

Benjamin$, new rides and hookers!

Jack Lambert
12-04-2017, 08:59 AM
They are also limited on in house visits. The guy who lives across the street from me who is a big Rebel said they got off light on the scholarships but everything else was a gut kick. There are a lot of little things in the documents that you have to really read to see.

BrunswickDawg
12-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Oh. Dont forget about the upcoming players who are going to transfer.

The transfers are going to be the killer - especially with the hard 25 signees and the end of "counting back".
This year OM has a huge Senior class that takes them down to about 65 players. Signing 25 this year seems almost impossible when they only have 11 commits this late (7 of whom are out of state and could jump ship easily). If they have 12 or so transfers as predicted, that puts them in the low 50s in roster count. If more than that jump they are screwed for a while. The NCAA knew what they were doing with the 2nd bowl ban. Putting a terrible product on the field for the next 5 years will do more than scholarship reductions. It hits them in season ticket sales, sponsorships, food sales, etc. That will impact the other sports too. Ole Miss is about to really fall behind.

While many here feel they didn't get enough, the NCAA targeted a few specific things with their punishments. First, they fired a shot across the bow with the booster culture stretching thru "decades". They recognized that Ole Miss has never stopped cheating. This is a first that I know of, and smacks them with an official label by the NCAA - you are, and always have been cheaters. Buyer be ware.

Second, they hit the Network. 12 boosters and all the staff bagmen (except Luke, but we can come back to that) are gone and gone for a while. Note that a number of those Boosters are companies that spend large amounts of money advertising with Ole Miss. That is an additional wallet hit.

Third - I think they may have set OM up by not pursuing Luke for punishment. You can't convince me with his history that he isn't dirty, but the "I quit participating because I didn't feel good about what was going on" smacks of a Huge Freeze self-preservation sermon. Leaving Luke in place gives OM a chance to change their ways, or show their true colors again. I think the NCAA will be watching that real closely. If Luke starts having a Merry Flipmas, or reeling in big bass, they will be watching.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2017, 09:23 AM
They won’t quit. Not as long as they have a program. They may dial it back to MS and some lower rated recruits in neighboring states, but that will be about it.

thf24
12-04-2017, 09:28 AM
I'm not sure the unofficial visits limit is going to deter them. I don't see any practical way for the NCAA to monitor or enforce it.

TrapGame
12-04-2017, 09:40 AM
They will cheat their asses off for a few talented MS kids from now on for the next five years or so. But, Moorhead and Huff are about to enlarge our recruiting footprint. It's not solely going to be about getting all the MS talent anymore. If om pays three MS four stars to play for them we will be able to draw three four stars of equal, if not better talent, from another area of the country.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-04-2017, 09:44 AM
Back in my younger days my wife cheated on me. We split up. A few months later she wanted to get back together. I was listening and considering it. A family friend who was much older pulled me aside one day. He told me that you can take a tiger, shave off its fur and paint it purple, but underneath it’s still a tiger. She ended up marrying the guy she cheated with. Had a kid together. Two years after marrying him they split up. Seems she cheated on him too. True story.

The NCAA can shave off ole miss’ fur and paint it purple, but underneath it is still ole miss. You can’t change who you are.

Spiderman
12-04-2017, 10:07 AM
Back in my younger days my wife cheated on me. We split up. A few months later she wanted to get back together. I was listening and considering it. A family friend who was much older pulled me aside one day. He told me that you can take a tiger, shave off its fur and paint it purple, but underneath it’s still a tiger. She ended up marrying the guy she cheated with. Had a kid together. Two years after marrying him they split up. Seems she cheated on him too. True story.

The NCAA can shave off ole miss’ fur and paint it purple, but underneath it is still ole miss. You can’t change who you are.

100% correct

sleepy dawg
12-04-2017, 10:09 AM
The investigation caused them a set back. I think everyone gets that. They won't stop though and they'll be right back where they were in 5 years. Losing Hugh Freeze isn't that big of deal. Matt Luke is just as good of a coach as Freeze, and so is anyone else they'd get. If Freeze was any good they would've been competing for national championships. God knows they were getting the talent. Their head coach is much more of a political figure than an actual coach to me.

RougeDawg
12-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Back in my younger days my wife cheated on me. We split up. A few months later she wanted to get back together. I was listening and considering it. A family friend who was much older pulled me aside one day. He told me that you can take a tiger, shave off its fur and paint it purple, but underneath it?s still a tiger. She ended up marrying the guy she cheated with. Had a kid together. Two years after marrying him they split up. Seems she cheated on him too. True story.

The NCAA can shave off ole miss? fur and paint it purple, but underneath it is still ole miss. You can?t change who you are.

Damn dude. I hope everything turned out well for you in the long run.

But true, most people tend to do the same thing over and over for whatever reason. Animals are creatures of habit and humans may be some of the worst.

12-04-2017, 10:23 AM
Especially with Akers. I know for a fact that he was going to take 2 to 3 of our signees that we signed last year if he had enrolled at OM.
Which signees?

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Damn dude. I hope everything turned out well for you in the long run.

Best thing ever happened to me. I thank the guy on a daily basis.

Behrdawg
12-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Which signees?

Im going to keep that one on the DL.

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Has anyone figured out how they got less than 1 reduced scholly per level 1 violation?

I just can’t fathom the explanation of that.

Spiderman
12-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Has anyone figured out how they got less than 1 reduced scholly per level 1 violation?

I just can’t fathom the explanation of that.

Because Sanky was the chair of the committee. Recusal be damned

Bully13
12-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Here's my take / theory on the way the COI came down. First, some common known facts. The Blue Bloods turned in tsun because they had had enough of their bullshit. As scathing as the 58 pg report is, it doesn't touch the surface of what was actually going on in what the report defines as "decades of corrupt culture". I doubt the NCAA and the Blue Bloods think that all that was going down with Paidwell, Tunsil, AJ etc.... were cars, $10K, electricity bill money, etc...

It would appear the NCAA, the Blue Bloods and tsun had a coming to Jesus meeting prior to the official verdict. It would appear some of the verdict was leaked due to the # of tsun posts talking about self imposed being the bulk of the COI decision.

I'm thinking the NCAA informed tsun that we've got you by the balls and your shit stops NOW. Yea, I know they continued to cheat while under the microscope and all but just check out their '17 class along with what they've got going with '18. It's hard to deny the network has been damaged.

For years all we've ever wanted was to be able to compete with tsun on equal footing. From my observation, that day just may very well have arrived. Time will very soon tell if my prediction is correct. and if so, good times lay ahead for us. head to head on a level playing field in MS, it's "The People's University" vs a school named after (Let Mutt fill in the blanks). I'll take those odds every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Jack Lambert
12-04-2017, 11:19 AM
Here's my take / theory on the way the COI came down. First, some common known facts. The Blue Bloods turned in tsun because they had had enough of their bullshit. As scathing as the 58 pg report is, it doesn't touch the surface of what was actually going on in what the report defines as "decades of corrupt culture". I doubt the NCAA and the Blue Bloods think that all that was going down with Paidwell, Tunsil, AJ etc.... were cars, $10K, electricity bill money, etc...

It would appear the NCAA, the Blue Bloods and tsun had a coming to Jesus meeting prior to the official verdict. It would appear some of the verdict was leaked due to the # of tsun posts talking about self imposed being the bulk of the COI decision.

I'm thinking the NCAA informed tsun that we've got you by the balls and your shit stops NOW. Yea, I know they continued to cheat while under the microscope and all but just check out their '17 class along with what they've got going with '18. It's hard to deny the network has been damaged.

For years all we've ever wanted was to be able to compete with tsun on equal footing. From my observation, that day just may very well have arrived. Time will very soon tell if my prediction is correct. and if so, good times lay ahead for us. head to head on a level playing field in MS, it's "The People's University" vs a school named after (Let Mutt fill in the blanks). I'll take those odds every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

They have been clipped. I assume in a few years the pressure will build and it will kick back in. However there are a lot of boosters who can't do anything right now.

MadDawg
12-04-2017, 11:47 AM
I'm not sure the unofficial visits limit is going to deter them. I don't see any practical way for the NCAA to monitor or enforce it.

You can almost hear them laughing about this from here.

WSOPdawg
12-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Back in my younger days my wife cheated on me. We split up. A few months later she wanted to get back together. I was listening and considering it. A family friend who was much older pulled me aside one day. He told me that you can take a tiger, shave off its fur and paint it purple, but underneath it?s still a tiger. She ended up marrying the guy she cheated with. Had a kid together. Two years after marrying him they split up. Seems she cheated on him too. True story.

The NCAA can shave off ole miss? fur and paint it purple, but underneath it is still ole miss. You can?t change who you are.

100% correct

Spidey, 100% correct... that she (Lumpy's ex-wife) cheated on him (you) too? or 100% correct... that you can't change who you are?

Spiderman
12-04-2017, 12:11 PM
Spidey, 100% correct... that she (Lumpy's ex-wife) cheated on him (you) too? or 100% correct... that you can't change who you are?

correct that people don't change

Spiderman
12-04-2017, 12:11 PM
You can almost hear them laughing about this from here.

Yep

sandwolf
12-04-2017, 12:59 PM
“Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.”

That is a pretty substantial penalty if it can be enforced. What exactly constitutes an unofficial visit? The recruit getting game tickets and being hosted by the coaches and team without having travel/lodging expenses covered? Anything else?

redstickdawg
12-04-2017, 01:02 PM
That is a pretty substantial penalty if it can be enforced. What exactly constitutes an unofficial visit? The recruit getting game tickets and being hosted by the coaches and team without having travel/lodging expenses covered? Anything else?

well for om it usually included night time companionship and other enticements, the car keys and $'s came later. None of that will change just they have gotten an ok from the ncaa now.

Tbonewannabe
12-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Im going to keep that one on the DL.

That is for the best.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Lost in the echo of what many deem as ?disappointing? is this specific sanction: ?Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.?

Let that sink in. Based on our (the elitedawgs) intel, most of the infractions that OM partakes in are during the ?unofficial visits?.

Now- dwell on this. OM lost these things thru this investigation:
- Hugh Freeze
- Cam Akers (see my other thread that Ive bumped)
- 2 bowl games
- $20 million
- 13 schollys
- AND the asst coach (Farrar) with the black book that ran the empire

Id say the OM was hit significantly. Especially with Akers. I know for a fact that he was going to take 2 to 3 of our signees that we signed last year if he had enrolled at OM. Its also a fact that he did not enroll at OM only because of the looming investigation. This info came straight from a former coach to my ears. You can see that thread here: http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?62561-Cam-Akers-Ole-Miss-and-an-Old-friend

Everything you say is true, but they should have gotten hit with 30 scholarships.

starkvegasdawg
12-04-2017, 02:42 PM
They just got a green light from the ncaa to cheat without restraint. If anything, it will get worse. Why would anybody fear the ncaa now? If another school gets caught and the ncaa tries to implement a sentence per their matrix then they should sue the hell out of them and point to tsun as exhibit A. This class is garbage because all of the recruits were expecting the hammer to fall. It did not. I would not be at all surprised to see their recruiting to suddenly improve this class.

Entodawg
12-04-2017, 02:53 PM
Once they lose the appeal and they vacate 7 seasons, the SEC should ask for 7 years of bowl money back. That should be about a $50M fine. I’ll be satisfied with the penalties if that happens.

bobtail bob
12-04-2017, 02:56 PM
It's no coincidence that when a certain judge buyer got out of jail their recruiting rankings shot up. The same cronies that were bought are still in place and love owning people. Be it whores or football players. They were taping people for gods sake. Why ? The governor just had a building named for him on campus, he's more property .The head of the snake is still intact. The ones they caught were low hanging fruit . It will soon be business as usual.
Did they ever release the name of all the boosters ?

sleepy dawg
12-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Once they lose the appeal and they vacate 7 seasons, the SEC should ask for 7 years of bowl money back. That should be about a $50M fine. I?ll be satisfied with the penalties if that happens.

very close to 0% chance this happens.

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 03:21 PM
I don't understand why they didn't lose more scholarships either. But there is no doubt that there was a lot of collateral damage done. Even being under investigation hurt them a lot and it absolutely will affect them negatively going forward. They lost millions trying to fight the NCAA- not to mention that they aren't going to be very good at football for a few years. Which costs them in the form of season tickets, apparel (people more likely to buy a new t-shirt or hat if the team is doing well), and many other things that aren't seen on the final NCAA docket. The impending 10 or so transfers are going to hurt them as well. I'm also fairly certain Luke won't be successful there and just had his best season in his career for them. Unless he gets incredibly lucky again- you'll have to excuse me for not believing that beating Kentucky on the last play and hurting MSU's QB as a sustainable game plan for success. And we all know how Ole Miss coaching tenures end- usually with a massive bridge being burned.

Yes, they probably will keep cheating- but they're going to have to be a lot more careful about it. Or they're going to have to spend more millions fighting the NCAA again. At least until 2020.

They also won't be going up against Dan Mullen in recruiting which to be honest was a big factor in why they were able to recruit certain position groups well in state- like WR and o-line specifically- but didn't fare nearly as well on the defensive side of the ball where most of Dan's best recruiters were.

Bully13
12-04-2017, 03:33 PM
They just got a green light from the ncaa to cheat without restraint. If anything, it will get worse. Why would anybody fear the ncaa now? If another school gets caught and the ncaa tries to implement a sentence per their matrix then they should sue the hell out of them and point to tsun as exhibit A. This class is garbage because all of the recruits were expecting the hammer to fall. It did not. I would not be at all surprised to see their recruiting to suddenly improve this class.

bookmark this. I'm thinking you will be wrong here vegas. I'm sure you are hoping I'm right, but time will surely tell very soon. no?

Token Bammer
12-04-2017, 04:23 PM
My guess is the network is already back up to full speed. They aren't going to stop cheating because of these weak arse penalties.

-unofficial visit thing is a joke
-disassociated booster thing is a joke. OM doesn't need the booster, just their money.
-They kept Luke who knows the drill
-They somehow kept Bjork and he's more than willing

Will OM go national like they were before? Maybe not, only time will tell. But I'd bet my left nut they'll go local and/or regional. Nothing stops imo.

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-04-2017, 05:09 PM

Haha...I wouldn't do Spiderman like that.

MadDawg
12-04-2017, 05:20 PM

Exactly. Hell, their 2019 class is already picking up. I fully expect them their recruiting to get back to normal within 2 years.

The ONLY real penalties they got were:

2018 ruined due to ongoing investigation
Loss of bowl game next year
Hiring Matt Luke

Maybe #3 will be the worst part and will hurt. But if so, they won't keep him long.

Bully13
12-04-2017, 05:25 PM
retaining Luke is quite telling. says they are 17'd for the foreseeable future knowing nobody worth a damn would come near that job.

bomanishus
12-04-2017, 05:30 PM
the real NETWORK is still very much intact....these guys named so far are just wannabes. this will not be more than a slight hiccup for the time-proven methods they use, they'll just put more controls in place....if those recruits thought recording Leo's mom was excessive, they need to buckle up because they ain't seen nothing yet!!! don't be surprised at how high-tech the enemy goes in this from this moment forward. best to be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves from this point forward....that. is. all.

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 05:36 PM
My guess is the network is already back up to full speed. They aren't going to stop cheating because of these weak arse penalties.

-disassociated booster thing is a joke. OM doesn't need the booster, just their money.

Will OM go national like they were before? Maybe not, only time will tell. But I'd bet my left nut they'll go local and/or regional. Nothing stops imo.

That's the thing though- for them to go to the Sugar Bowl and things like that they HAVE to recruit National. They have a hard time recruiting against MSU even with Dan there at certain positions- particularly on the defensive side of the ball- and we are likely about to improve our recruiting and also are in a period of sustained success. Heck, the only way that they have been able to compete against us the past ten years was to recruit nationally as well. Or hurt our QB.

And if they recruit nationally, if you are a recruit and all things are equal, where would you choose to go if you are a recruit and your options are say Alabama, Notre Dame, or whoever the local blueblood schools (For example Texas, A&M, TCU, for a player from Texas) are?

They are not the top school in the state anymore and the enrollment figures reflect that and they are starting to lose power in the positions that they have traditionally held power for years.

And believe me they never have stopped going local even after 2013 at all.

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 05:37 PM
the real NETWORK is still very much intact....these guys named so far are just wannabes. this will not be more than a slight hiccup for the time-proven methods they use, they'll just put more controls in place....if those recruits thought recording Leo's mom was excessive, they need to buckle up because they ain't seen nothing yet!!! don't be surprised at how high-tech the enemy goes in this from this moment forward. best to be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves from this point forward....that. is. all.

Or we can just choose to hire the same law firm they did instead of overpenalizing ourselves. At least that's what I would do.

Percho
12-04-2017, 05:43 PM

I think those, Ole Miss law dogs call it, "A precedent".

sandwolf
12-04-2017, 06:03 PM

The NCAA did sanction them per the matrix. The big issue I see with it is that they classified the case as Level 1 - Standard, as opposed to Level 1 - Aggravated, and then they reduced scholarships by only 15% which is on the low end of the matrix's range for Level 1 - Standard (12.5%-25%). I just don't see how a case with that many violations -- including academic fraud, pay for play, coaches setting up recruits with boosters, LOIC and the head coaching responsibility charge -- could qualify as anything other than Aggravated (I thought it would based on the LOIC charge alone). At the very least it should have included the most severe Standard penalties that the matrix would allow.

Bottom line is that if this case didn't meet the criteria for Level 1 - Aggravated, then I don't see how any case ever will without it being in the repeat violator window.

starkvegasdawg
12-04-2017, 06:33 PM
The NCAA did sanction them per the matrix. The big issue I see with it is that they classified the case as Level 1 - Standard, as opposed to Level 1 - Aggravated, and then they reduced scholarships by only 15% which is on the low end of the matrix's range for Level 1 - Standard (12.5%-25%). I just don't see how a case with that many violations -- including academic fraud, pay for play, coaches setting up recruits with boosters, LOIC and the head coaching responsibility charge -- could qualify as anything other than Aggravated (I thought it would based on the LOIC charge alone). At the very least it should have included the most severe Standard penalties that the matrix would allow.

Bottom line is that if this case didn't meet the criteria for Level 1 - Aggravated, then I don't see how any case ever will without it being in the repeat violator window.

That is 12-25% per level one violation. They had 15 of them. Then 1-2 year bowl ban per violation. Based on that alone they should have given them a 15-30 year bowl ban and docked them 130% of their scholarships. So no, they came nowhere near the matrix.

Bully13
12-04-2017, 06:39 PM
let's wait and see if they pull off any surprises in the weeks that follow and next year's class. that's the only way if mine and other's opinion or those with opinions that differ will tell as to who is right or who is wrong. is their weak commitment list at the moment due to the cloud or Network shut down?

Perpetual Underachiever
12-04-2017, 07:05 PM
Lost in the echo of what many deem as ?disappointing? is this specific sanction: ?Recruits can only take one unofficial visit to Ole Miss each academic year for the length of the probation.?

How many unofficial visits are usually allowed?

thf24
12-04-2017, 07:27 PM
That is 12-25% per level one violation. They had 15 of them. Then 1-2 year bowl ban per violation. Based on that alone they should have given them a 15-30 year bowl ban and docked them 130% of their scholarships. So no, they came nowhere near the matrix.

The matrix isn't intended to be a summation of the individual violations. The case is subjectively given a single one of one of the classifications after consideration of the violations, and that's where the penalties come from. That didn't become clear until the past few months, but they did in fact stick to the matrix as it's intended to be applied.

Spiderman
12-04-2017, 07:47 PM
The matrix isn't intended to be a summation of the individual violations. The case is subjectively given a single one of one of the classifications after consideration of the violations, and that's where the penalties come from. That didn't become clear until the past few months, but they did in fact stick to the matrix as it's intended to be applied.

There should be no subjectivity. It should be common sense and completely fair to all.

If a violation is deemed to be a Level 1, the penalty should be X. Level 2 should be X. Level 3 should be X. A certain number of Level ones should be X post season ban.

But common sense is lacking everywhere

lastmajordog
12-04-2017, 08:24 PM
delete

MedDawg
12-04-2017, 08:28 PM

The might not have been punished severely, but they did get caught. And the NCAA knows where to look. Keep in mind that if OM is caught cheating again in the next 5 years (not just 3), they will fall under repeat offender status and their next set of penalties will not be so light. Won't get the death penalty, but they will get hit a lot harder.

Churchill
12-04-2017, 08:38 PM
As long as it's OK for.... Cam to be rented like a mule, for Tunsil's mother to just miraculously end up with a "second home" in Oxford, for Shay Shay's useless ass brother to draw six figures to work in the athletic laundry room and on and on and on there will be a "network" at OM and most other SEC schools. For those that don't have a network and the savvy to work the loopholes there's always the Indy and Liberty Bowls.

Bully13
12-04-2017, 08:38 PM
The might not have been punished severely, but they did get caught. And the NCAA knows where to look. Keep in mind that if OM is caught cheating again in the next 5 years (not just 3), they will fall under repeat offender status and their next set of penalties will not be so light. Won't get the death penalty, but they will get hit a lot harder.

Please everybody consider this. I'm going with this until proven wrong. they've been given an ultimatum. let's see how this plays out this year and next with crootin'.

Behrdawg
12-04-2017, 10:18 PM

#TheNetwork is not fully functioning. Disassociation has major implications when it?s big money donors.

Spiderman
12-04-2017, 10:25 PM
#TheNetwork is not fully functioning. Disassociation has major implications when it?s big money donors.

Those few they got were the tip of the ice berg

PassInterference
12-04-2017, 10:26 PM
I understand the last remaining unnamed booster still has a date with Rosie and the Supreme Court.

Can?t wait for his name to be released. He?s apparently affected by it.

Spiderman
12-04-2017, 10:31 PM
I understand the last remaining unnamed booster still has a date with Rosie and the Supreme Court.

Can?t wait for his name to be released. He?s apparently affected by it.

The Sanctions said OM had to name them all publicly.

thf24
12-04-2017, 10:48 PM
There should be no subjectivity. It should be common sense and completely fair to all.

If a violation is deemed to be a Level 1, the penalty should be X. Level 2 should be X. Level 3 should be X. A certain number of Level ones should be X post season ban.

But common sense is lacking everywhere

Agreed. It's obvious what the NCAA's intent with the matrix was now. Have a piece of literature that looks tough to show off, but leave themselves plenty of room to go light when it actually comes down to punishing someone.

redstickdawg
12-05-2017, 07:13 AM
Agreed. It's obvious what the NCAA's intent with the matrix was now. Have a piece of literature that looks tough to show off, but leave themselves plenty of room to go light when it actually comes down to punishing someone.

The "matrix" is so broad and vague that it allows them to do nothing as was the case with om. They are so afraid of a lawsuit that they will never punish another school in a meaningful way ever again, or at least until they have leadership that has a spine.