PDA

View Full Version : Tidefans Article on OM Sanctions..... link...

TUSK
12-03-2017, 06:42 PM
https://news.tidefans.com/2017/12/01/ncaas-message-might-as-well-be-go-ahead-everybody-cheat/

Spiderman
12-03-2017, 06:48 PM
https://news.tidefans.com/2017/12/01/ncaas-message-might-as-well-be-go-ahead-everybody-cheat/

Spot on.

Still can't believe how easy they got off.

Pollodawg
12-03-2017, 06:57 PM
Spot on.

Still can't believe how easy they got off.

You mean how easy “we” got off. Lol

Spiderman
12-03-2017, 07:10 PM
You mean how easy “we” got off. Lol

I can take the jokes.

But I'm like Thomas Jefferson when he was accused of being a British sympathizer during the 1st Continental Congress. He said (Paraphrasing from memory and a discussion with Dr. Godbold, my Fr year history prof, over whiskey, pipes and a cigar) " I tell you if I were God, the whole island of England, and all those on it, would be sunk beneath the sea, but I'm not God, and must live in the real world."

redstickdawg
12-03-2017, 07:17 PM
excellent article that hopefully many people read. Either we have amateur athletics or we have semi-pro teams, the om "sanctions" from the ncaa was an invitation to the wild west of cheating.

ShotgunDawg
12-03-2017, 07:57 PM
Good article, although I believe the author missed the mark by saying, "OM should be put back in their place."

The rest of the article was spot on, but there isn't & should not be some entitled pecking order within the SEC that says schools like MSU & OM should not be able to win. There is no rightful place for either school & we should have the same opportunity to win as Bama or anyone else. I thought the author showed arrogance with that remark & it hurt the overall quality & credibility of the piece. It made him look like a Bama fan instead of someone trying to write something respectful

Every other point was spot on though. The penalties were completely mind-boggling when looking at what they were charged & found guilty of. Basically the court just sentenced a bank robber to 3 months in prison.

DLGDawg
12-03-2017, 08:16 PM

I hope this article goes viral!!!!
I hope there?s many more articles just like it!!!!

Hey...maybe ?the entire college football world?(less the slapped on the wrist peckerheads up north)
can sue the NCAA for not doing their job!!!

ETA....and while I?m thinking about it...let?s create a go fund me and entice every halfway decent player away. There appears to be nothing wrong w that.

Bass Chaser
12-03-2017, 08:56 PM
Good article, although I believe the author missed the mark by saying, "OM should be put back in their place."

The rest of the article was spot on, but there isn't & should not be some entitled pecking order within the SEC that says schools like MSU & OM should not be able to win. There is no rightful place for either school & we should have the same opportunity to win as Bama or anyone else. I thought the author showed arrogance with that remark & it hurt the overall quality & credibility of the piece. It made him look like a Bama fan instead of someone trying to write something respectful

Every other point was spot on though. The penalties were completely mind-boggling when looking at what they were charged & found guilty of. Basically the court just sentenced a bank robber to 3 months in prison.

The article was written by Editor-in-Chief of tidefans.com. What do you expect?

The Federalist Engineer
12-03-2017, 09:00 PM
I can take the jokes.

But I'm like Thomas Jefferson when he was accused of being a British sympathizer during the 1st Continental Congress. He said (Paraphrasing from memory and a discussion with Dr. Godbold, my Fr year history prof, over whiskey, pipes and a cigar) " I tell you if I were God, the whole island of England, and all those on it, would be sunk beneath the sea, but I'm not God, and must live in the real world."

TJ was nothing more and nothing less than a grimy survivor and pimp. Dude was so unsatisfactory as a person that GW wanted nothing to do with him and regretted ever having him around. TJ would have fellated Banastre Tarleton to get mercy had GW not won the war

Spiderman
12-03-2017, 09:17 PM
TJ was nothing more and nothing less than a grimy survivor and pimp. Dude was so unsatisfactory as a person that GW wanted nothing to do with him and regretted ever having him around. TJ would have fellated Banastre Tarleton to get mercy had GW not won the war

OMG.

I see by your user named where you stand

Mutt the Hoople
12-03-2017, 09:39 PM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/arts/yourpaintings/images/paintings/hils/large/lw_hils_2003_00273_large.jpg
The colonials loathed Tarleton, because he used the same tactics against the Colonials that we used against the Redcoats. Fortunately, Francis Marion, Thomas Sumter, William R. Davie, Andrew Pickens, and Elijah Clarke held off the Brits until we achieved a strategic victory at The Battle of Cowpens, and eventually got Cornwallis surrounded at Yorktown.

sandwolf
12-03-2017, 10:03 PM

Completely agree. The article was pretty much spot on, but the arrogance and entitlement really hurt its credibility.

maroonmania
12-03-2017, 10:41 PM
The article was written by Editor-in-Chief of tidefans.com. What do you expect?

Yes, but its the mindset of the SEC in general. That is why you have bias in so many things, especially officiating. I will grant you overall things are much better than they were 30 years ago but the make no mistake, this line of thinking is still very much alive and well. Probably another thing Don Mullins got tired of dealing with.