PDA

View Full Version : Brett Elliott will call the offense, Ron English call the defense

Leroy Jenkins
12-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Per Knox. Also says has no agreement with Florida..... but no one ever does, until they do.

Lord McBuckethead
12-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Good deal. Ready to get this going.

preachermatt83
12-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Outstanding. Btw I am all for hiring Ron English as Dc.

msstate7
12-03-2017, 06:27 PM
Outstanding. Btw I am all for hiring Ron English as Dc.

Really Clark has sold me on Shoop

Todd4State
12-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Really Clark has sold me on Shoop

I think it's most likely going to be Shoop. But I might be OK with the guy at Jacksonville State. It looks like he does a lot of creative things scheme wise.

HoopsDawg
12-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Per Knox. Also says has no agreement with Florida..... but no one ever does, until they do.

Best we can do given the situation. Ron English has been the DC at Michigan and Louisville so he should be fine. I believe Brett Elliott called the plays for Texas St so there's some experience there too. Mullen thinks a lot of him. Knox as game manager should be interesting. He's spent his entire 20 years as a RB or WR coach.

Spiderman
12-03-2017, 07:05 PM

Make sense, what doesn't make sense is why Knox is interim over English

defiantdog
12-03-2017, 07:23 PM
Make sense, what doesn't make sense is why Knox is interim over English
Tenure I guess

DogsofAnarchy
12-03-2017, 07:25 PM
But, but, but....the sky is falling....there’s no coaches here....I’m a snowflake....it’s the Gator Bowl....my bottle is empty....but, but, but....Mom the basement is cold.......what will we do.....

Jeesh !!! :confused:

BeardoMSU
12-03-2017, 07:34 PM
But, but, but....the sky is falling....there’s no coaches here....I’m a snowflake....it’s the Gator Bowl....my bottle is empty....but, but, but....Mom the basement is cold.......what will we do.....

https://media.giphy.com/media/cR5VCEjaVt23m/giphy.gif

yjnkdawg
12-03-2017, 07:40 PM
But, but, but....the sky is falling....there?s no coaches here....I?m a snowflake....it?s the Gator Bowl....my bottle is empty....but, but, but....Mom the basement is cold.......what will we do.....

I couldn't have said it any better and agree 100%. We get a home run "knock it out of the park" head coach and some on this board can't stand prosperity or just like to complain? Rep point given to your post too.

Jarius
12-03-2017, 07:59 PM
If English has a good bowl game I would not mind him being the DC. I hope we don’t name him the DC and then Lamar Jackson throw up 60 on us though.

Coach34
12-03-2017, 08:01 PM
We have Elliot, Knox, and the TE coach coaching the offense- thats it....While losing Grantham is huge- he is the only defensive loss for the bowl.

Not looking forward to the bowl

DogsofAnarchy
12-03-2017, 08:10 PM
We have Elliot, Knox, and the TE coach coaching the offense- thats it....While losing Grantham is huge- he is the only defensive loss for the bowl.

Not looking forward to the bowl

Coach, don’t you think some of the QC Coaches will be there to help us like they did all year? Dont you think we will have support guys there to help us like they did all year? Why don’t we make this fun and get after it !!!

preachermatt83
12-03-2017, 08:11 PM
If English has a good bowl game I would not mind him being the DC. I hope we don’t name him the DC and then Lamar Jackson throw up 60 on us though.

Agreed

I seen it dawg
12-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Knox and English won’t be here after bowl.

BuckyIsAB****
12-03-2017, 08:51 PM
Id like to keep English

BuckyIsAB****
12-03-2017, 08:52 PM
Why Bob Shoop? I think we could do much better

The Federalist Engineer
12-03-2017, 08:54 PM

I like Ron English coaching here, especially if he ain’t already a gator

I seen it dawg
12-03-2017, 09:02 PM
English isn’t staying. Not fla either. Not being retained.

Gutter Cobreh
12-03-2017, 09:10 PM
English isn’t staying. Not fla either. Not being retained.

Well, that doesn't mean he's taking "$hitbird" with him....we're keeping that as a part of his legacy damnit!!!***

MabenMaroon
12-03-2017, 09:54 PM
there are probably several good reasons as to why Coach English is not a DC or a HC currently, doubt he is retained

preachermatt83
12-03-2017, 09:59 PM
English isn?t staying. Not fla either. Not being retained.

Well that's dumb then

Really Clark?
12-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Why Bob Shoop? I think we could do much better

Look at his defenses prior to Tenn. When they hired him he was one of the Top 5-10 DC in the country and was very successful at Vandy and Penn St. Really believe it was the cluster of a monkey humping the football at Tenn that was the issue. Not him

Jarius
12-03-2017, 11:19 PM
Look at his defenses prior to Tenn. When they hired him he was one of the Top 5-10 DC in the country and was very successful at Vandy and Penn St. Really believe it was the cluster of a monkey humping the football at Tenn that was the issue. Not him

Tennessee was actually pretty decent on defense. They went like a month without scoring an offensive touchdown though.

Really Clark?
12-03-2017, 11:32 PM
Tennessee was actually pretty decent on defense. They went like a month without scoring an offensive touchdown though.

Well I think when people see 84th in total defense and 83rd in scoring defense it makes some leary. But you are right about the offense was struggling so bad that the defense just stayed on the field way too long. Ranked in the 120's in total offense, first downs and third down conversions. 117th in scoring offense

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 01:58 AM

I think he is suffering through a case of Manny Diaz syndrome. If a guy was successful everywhere else and the place he was "unsuccessful" at was a dumpster fire it probably wasn't the DC's fault.

Really Clark?
12-04-2017, 02:18 AM
I think he is suffering through a case of Manny Diaz syndrome. If a guy was successful everywhere else and the place he was "unsuccessful" at was a dumpster fire it probably wasn't the DC's fault.

That's what I think as well

dickiedawg
12-04-2017, 09:06 AM
We?re not waiting a month for English to audition for the DC job.

I suspect we?ll have most of the staff in place by this weekend?s official visits.

Homedawg
12-04-2017, 12:14 PM

this^^^^^

BuckyIsAB****
12-04-2017, 02:17 PM

So go off of what he did before he was in our conference? Thats the best DC hire we can do? Not trying to be a dick but come on.

BuckyIsAB****
12-04-2017, 02:18 PM

Manny Diaz defense got shitcanned in another big game over the weekend. Diaz is a wannabe and not a very likeable guy

Really Clark?
12-04-2017, 02:28 PM
So go off of what he did before he was in our conference? Thats the best DC hire we can do? Not trying to be a dick but come on.

You missed the part about his defenses at Vandy. 23, 19, and 18th nationally. At Vandy!! Educate yourself some before questioning it

Really Clark?
12-04-2017, 02:32 PM
Manny Diaz defense got shitcanned in another big game over the weekend. Diaz is a wannabe and not a very likeable guy

One game? I guess Saban's defenses are horrible as well? I mean that same team has averaged scoring 37.5 on Bama the last two years

Todd4State
12-04-2017, 02:48 PM

You can't base how good a coach is off of one game. That would be like me saying that Jake Mangum can't hit after going 0-4 one day while hitting .400 the rest of the year.

You have to look at the total picture and at how the defense performed over the entire course of the year- and Miami's was one of the best in that league in every category.

Spiderman
12-04-2017, 07:35 PM

Manny was always a great guy to me. Didn't like his jumping around, but he was fun to hang with.