PDA

View Full Version : So Moncrief is guaranteeing no more losses?

CadaverDawg
09-29-2013, 02:26 PM
What a dipshit. Do these fools not realize that they aren't anywhere near good enough to be acting like this? They act like they let the country down last night or something. Hey Donte, everybody knew you were going to get your ass beat. And everybody knows that regardless of what you guarantee, y'all's asses will lose more games no matter how hard you work.

@donte_moncrief: Getting ready for next week and we got a chip on our shoulder. I promise we will not lose another game as a team. Nobody will outwork us!!

Oxfordawg
09-29-2013, 02:31 PM
Did he cry Tebow style?

thf24
09-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Looks like even the players have been deluded by the artificial hype. Either that or he's including moral victories, which wouldn't make any sense because by that standard they didn't lose last night either.

msstate7
09-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Seems they'd learn to stop talking crap. There's about a .0009% of moncrief being able to back this up.

Op4isabitch
09-29-2013, 02:50 PM
What a dipshit. Do these fools not realize that they aren't anywhere near good enough to be acting like this? They act like they let the country down last night or something. Hey Donte, everybody knew you were going to get your ass beat. And everybody knows that regardless of what you guarantee, y'all's asses will lose more games no matter how hard you work.

@donte_moncrief: Getting ready for next week and we got a chip on our shoulder. I promise we will not lose another game as a team. Nobody will outwork us!!

I see what he did there! Left an out by saying as a team, no mention as to wether or not the promise applies if an individual causes the loss. Sneaky bastard.

Ronny
09-29-2013, 02:53 PM
..they can't handle success in any of the Big 3 men's sports.

So when they start to experience some success, they all start talking like a drunk sailor on shore leave.

Of course, Ole Miss fan eats this shit up.

Their fanbase loves to hear this nonsense coming from players.

OM gets bitch-slapped on the BB court, on the football field or the baseball diamond & suddenly it's a smack-off. Been that way for the last 50 years; will be that way for the next 50 years.

BdoginLa
09-29-2013, 03:31 PM

Hey mongrief, I see why they need to feed you so much. You may want to keep chewing instead of flapping.

Signed Tyler Wilson, 2012 ARK QB

godlluB
09-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Trying to figure out if he thinks he's Tim Tebow or Dan Mullen.

Op4isabitch
09-29-2013, 03:44 PM
So now Monthief is spouting off on twitter that the reason they lost was due to the old assistant calling their Offense to the Bama Defense. I almost understand fans spewing this junk but a player? Freeze must be doing some wholesale B.S selling in Oxford today.

Original48
09-29-2013, 03:46 PM
Check out his follow up tweet...

@donte_moncrief: Seriously, we lose another one I'm gonna give up Jeff Scott's scholarship!

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Mullen guaranteed to never lose to ole miss. What a dipshit

Noxdog
09-29-2013, 04:01 PM

After we beat them in 2010.

Coach34
09-29-2013, 04:02 PM
It was Keenum- always wondered why Mullen got credit for that

Coach34
09-29-2013, 04:04 PM
I can shit in a box and guarantee it also- all you gonna have is a guaranteed piece of shit.

He's going to have turn right around next Sunday and make another guarantee after Auburn clips them

Political Hack
09-29-2013, 04:05 PM
it was Mullen, but I've heard Keenum understands that losing to OM is not acceptable... which makes me like him a little more.

Coach34
09-29-2013, 04:07 PM
it was Mullen, but I've heard Keenum understands that losing to OM is not acceptable... which makes me like him a little more.

Keenum said it in that 2010 video

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Pretty sure it was dingdong mullen but im sure youtube will confirm

Noxdog
09-29-2013, 04:08 PM

Too lazy to look it up but it was a University produced video after we beat them in oxford. Keenum said were never losing to "them" again.

When did Mullen utter it?

M.Fillmore
09-29-2013, 04:11 PM
I love the tweet from Moncrief. The bigger the build up the bigger the meltdown.

Coach34
09-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Too lazy to look it up but it was a University produced video after we beat them in oxford. Keenum said were never losing to "them" again.

When did Mullen utter it?

Mullen easily could have said it somewhere- but Keenum said it in the 2010 video when he was on roll

Political Hack
09-29-2013, 04:12 PM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zfANMz7f_kk

starkvegasdawg
09-29-2013, 04:17 PM

So when they lose again are they setting for an implosion?

Noxdog
09-29-2013, 04:18 PM
It will not be the first nor will it be the last time that I was wrong. Could have sworn it was Keenum. I still remember Keenum saying it in my mind, oh well.

Coach34
09-29-2013, 04:18 PM
I know I saw something with Keenum saying it- but I stand corrected there

Original48
09-29-2013, 04:41 PM
I can shit in a box and guarantee it also- all you gonna have is a guaranteed piece of shit.

Nice...
http://youtu.be/cf4C9ssuPjE

messageboardsuperhero
09-29-2013, 04:45 PM

It was a pretty stupid thing to do.

In his defense though, it was a postgame locker room speech, so it was probably more of an emotional statement than anything. I'm not saying it was excusable, but it's at least more understandable than Jeff Scott saying months before the game that he'd give up his scholarship to a homeless person if UM lost to State.

PassInterference
09-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Did he cry Tebow style?

No. That was Freezus.

Freezus wept.

Hot Rock
09-29-2013, 04:58 PM

In his defense though, it was a postgame locker room speech, so it was probably more of an emotional statement than anything. I'm not saying it was excusable, but it's at least more understandable than Jeff Scott saying months before the game that he'd give up his scholarship to a homeless person if UM lost to State.

I always took it like he was addressing the seniors only. He said they wouldn't ever have to loose again to that team and they won't. They were seniors. They were in the locker room and he was just letting them have a good time. This just shows how you can twist words.

I can't imagine that he was saying that Mississippi State would never loose again to Ole Miss. Nope, that does not compute.

bluelightstar
09-29-2013, 05:05 PM
I always took it like he was addressing the seniors only. He said they wouldn't ever have to loose again to that team and they won't. They were seniors. They were in the locker room and he was just letting them have a good time. This just shows how you can twist words.

I can't imagine that he was saying that Mississippi State would never loose again to Ole Miss. Nope, that does not compute.

Eh, that's a lot of rationalizing of "We're never losing to this team again."

Drugdog
09-29-2013, 05:38 PM
I hope this is all over LSU, Tamu, Aub, and MSU bulletin boards. He just pissed in a lot of players Wheaties.

TheRef
09-29-2013, 05:43 PM
I hope this is all over LSU, Tamu, Aub, and MSU bulletin boards. He just pissed in a lot of players Wheaties.

Good ol' Bulletin Board material. I love it when they hand it over on a silver platter.

smootness
09-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Eh, that's a lot of rationalizing of "We're never losing to this team again."

I think it makes some sense. He had just finished addressing the seniors and telling them they were leaving champions. Obviously he said 'we' and not 'you', so it may have just been some BS to fire up the team while on a high after winning the Egg Bowl, but either way, it doesn't matter. Obviously he didn't literally mean State would never again lose to Ole Miss.

hells bells
09-29-2013, 06:22 PM

C34, I really think it was Mullen.

SPMT
09-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Dude got shutdown by a true freshman corner. What the hell is he talking about.

FlabLoser
09-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Keenum said never lose, in a private moment with the team. That can't be compared to Moncrief broadcasting to the world on twitter.

It_Could_Happen
09-29-2013, 10:57 PM
Hey mongrief, I see why they need to feed you so much. You may want to keep chewing instead of flapping.

Signed Tyler Wilson, 2012 ARK QB

I don't get it.... And I'm from arkansas...

Schultzy
09-30-2013, 07:59 AM

Calling a coach out for things he says to his team in the locker room is Bush league. Playing it on the jumbotron over and over again in Oxford during the game last year was even more Bush.

Political Hack
09-30-2013, 09:09 AM
we put "from Dixon with love" on the jumbotron and I loved it. That's the fun part of the rivalry. I like the back and forth.

When they start funding dirty coaches to go on media tours, hire PI's to follow our coaches, pay our recruits to "merry flipmas," and sleep with NCAA investigators things go nuclear. Them playing a joke on their jumbotron is the least of our worries.

BdoginLa
09-30-2013, 01:28 PM
I don't get it.... And I'm from arkansas...

I was referring to Tyler's press conference after Ark/Al loss when he bashed his team and said he would right the ship. Ark had a pitiful team and coach and his statement seemed ridiculous . ole miss is not that bad, but saying you will not lose again seemed ridiculous .

msstate7
09-30-2013, 01:39 PM
I was referring to Tyler's press conference after Ark/Al loss when he bashed his team and said he would right the ship. Ark had a pitiful team and coach and his statement seemed ridiculous . ole miss is not that bad, but saying you will not lose again seemed ridiculous .

Esp for a team that's 10-7 the last 2 seasons and 12-17 the last 3 and 16-25 the last 4. Yeah it was a dumb statement. No one will call him on it but posters on miss state message boards though