PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt

bully99
09-29-2013, 02:19 PM
On Saturday Matt Wyatt tweeted he loved Lee Corso but it was time for Lee to step down
That may be true but I wonder if he is ready to tell Jim Ellis to do the same thing because Ellis is even worse than corso.

CadaverDawg
09-29-2013, 02:23 PM
I'm only 31 years old and I am a fan of Corso, Ellis, and even Lou Holtz. I don't know if it is just that I respect their knowledge, experience, and longevity, or what....but I feel like there is still a need for those older guys in college football today. I'm sure I am in the minority on this though.

I just think when everybody is young, they bring far less historical stuff to the table. I love when those old codgers refer back to experiences they had in the game. Plus, when guys like that start leaving my tv, I will start feeling even older!

Op4isabitch
09-29-2013, 02:54 PM
I was thinking yesterday about Holtz, it will be a sad day when he hangs it up. Say what you want but he entertains the hell out of me.

angusyoung
09-29-2013, 02:58 PM
He's obviously referring to the fact that Corso had a stroke a few years ago and it is PAINFUL to watch him now. He can barely complete a thought or a sentence without Fowler or Hirbstreit filling in the blanks.

DanDority
09-29-2013, 03:33 PM
He's obviously referring to the fact that Corso had a stroke a few years ago and it is PAINFUL to watch him now. He can barely complete a thought or a sentence without Fowler or Hirbstreit filling in the blanks.

Yeah, I hear ya on that. However, being a stroke victim myself, I think he does a hell of a good job. Much better than I could do. Hell sometimes I have a hard time posting my thoughts on here.

Original48
09-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Corso MADE Gameday with the mascot head pick. That's still the best thing going. He gets a pass. However, anybody can spout on about Luvell ice cream and come back late from commercial.

Drugdog
09-29-2013, 05:30 PM
What was Matt watching. That was the best Game Day. I was laughing at William, Bubba, and Lee with the Head Gear. I'm with O 48, anyone can babble on about Luvel, and MSU trivia and come back with two outs and a full count. Now Dr. Lou needs to been shown the door. His undeniable love for Notre Dame is nauseating.

I wonder if Matt would tell Dick Cross the same about Yellum?

Behrdawg
09-29-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm going to disagree with Matt Wyatt. I'm with you guys- I love listening to the old guys in the college football media. It just wouldn't be the same without them right now. Let them keep doing what they love. They've earned it.

Political Hack
09-29-2013, 05:41 PM
love the old timers too.