PDA

View Full Version : Tay raising money to give to recruits

SailingDawg
12-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Fo Rizzle (https://www.gofundme.com/bring-a-5-to-ole-miss)

https://i.imgur.com/VJdQGbR.png

RougeDawg
12-02-2017, 07:21 PM
So what you are implying is I can give any amount of money to someone who has a relationship with a player and that person can then hand the money to said player? Nothing is wrong and this is completely legal. This is basically what they said yesterday in their rulings.

SailingDawg
12-02-2017, 07:23 PM
I thought om fandom was referring to Godfrey's article, the events of which aren't even discussed in the ruling.

Really Clark?
12-02-2017, 07:24 PM
There has always been an exception for prior relationship with a SA before HS. But it has to be legit and not a scheme to pay players.

RougeDawg
12-02-2017, 07:28 PM
There has always been an exception for prior relationship with a SA before HS. But it has to be legit and not a scheme to pay players.

Judging from the ruling yesterday the NCAA doesn?t dig too deep into this. Just get a pile of money to someone with a prior relationship and no foul.

DoctorDawg
12-02-2017, 07:33 PM
I bet the NCAA appeals panel thinks this is funny also. I know it is sattire, but they have a culture of corruption and a booster problem. This is another example.

Really Clark?
12-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Judging from the ruling yesterday the NCAA doesn?t dig too deep into this. Just get a pile of money to someone with a prior relationship and no foul.

Yeah. An investigation stops there when the person who has the prior relationship admits they have the SA money. What would cause red flags is what douche Tay is advocating. Purposefully trying to buy a player by trying to establish an early relationship.

The Federalist Engineer
12-02-2017, 08:11 PM
If the NCAA don’t care, they might as well keep on going

Gutter Cobreh
12-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Did they not figure this out during The Blind Side days? If not, they must be slower than any of us thought...

RougeDawg
12-02-2017, 08:23 PM
Yeah. An investigation stops there when the person who has the prior relationship admits they have the SA money. What would cause red flags is what douche Tay is advocating. Purposefully trying to buy a player by trying to establish an early relationship.

All you have to do to get around it is set up a business deal like the hypothetical one below.

Identify person of prior relationship. Hire said person to mow your lawn. Pay said person $100,000 to mow your lawn and sign a binding contract with said person. Do not put an end date on contracts and simply put end date as when contract terminated. You paid to have your lawn serviced and the contract is never ending. What can the NCAA say?

Hell, this sounds like a perfectly fine way for some of out Cigar boys to scoop up some talent.

Really Clark?
12-02-2017, 09:04 PM
All you have to do to get around it is set up a business deal like the hypothetical one below.

Identify person of prior relationship. Hire said person to mow your lawn. Pay said person $100,000 to mow your lawn and sign a binding contract with said person. Do not put an end date on contracts and simply put end date as when contract terminated. You paid to have your lawn serviced and the contract is never ending. What can the NCAA say?

Hell, this sounds like a perfectly fine way for some of out Cigar boys to scoop up some talent.

You do know that the person with the relationship to a SA cannot be a booster of that institution, right? And it has to be prior to the athletes notoriety and cannot be based on their athletic ability. It also has to be a reasonable amount for cost of living.