PDA

View Full Version : Leo/ OM fan narrative

HaggardDawg
12-02-2017, 02:16 PM
Question: I?ve read this board for years, listen to all the BSR podcast, and feel like I?m pretty informed with the Leo portion of the investigation. Last night i was talking with a ?typical? OM fan and his story was this.

The only reason they got a 2 year bowl ban was because the NCAA had it out for them. That?s why the bowl ban and scholarship reductions don?t match up. He swears they?ll get it reduced on appeal to one year bowl ban but the ncaas goal would have been met; getting players to transfer.

Secondly, he says we have soooo much to worry about when it comes to Leo. He says Leo was only consistent about one part of his testimony from the initial interview to the COI and that?s that he took $10k from MSU thru Calvin Green. What the hell is he talking about? I?ve heard the Calvin Green stuff in recent days but MSU actually paying Leo? That?s the first I?ve heard that. The $10k was from the OM booster correct? Where are they getting this information?

Of course when i ask him why would OM media wait until the day before sanctions to release this ?proof?....speechless.

Commercecomet24
12-02-2017, 02:27 PM
It was answered in the NCAA document yesterday. They said that there was no evidence that occurred.. So LL and State are clear. Also found LL to be a credible witness. They?re still grasping at straws.

Mutt the Hoople
12-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Just rich, wealthy, white, politically-connected power people trying to destroy the lives of two poor black kids.

HaggardDawg
12-02-2017, 02:42 PM
He was saying ?you?re still not out of the woods because once Kobe and Leo get on the stand in the RR lawsuit they?ll be forced to admit they took money?. To which I responded, why would they even be asked that question in the RR lawsuit. Whether they took money from MSU boosters has nothing to do with the RR lawsuit. Correct?

It was a creepy conversation.

Coach34
12-02-2017, 02:44 PM
NCAA already cleared State on the Green accusation....BUT- let's say it did happen- it still doesnt matter.

Green has been a family friend for for over a decade and is not a State booster. Green can give Leo anything he wants

Coach34
12-02-2017, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=HaggardDawg;853233 To which I responded, why would they even be asked that question in the RR lawsuit. Whether they took money from MSU boosters has nothing to do with the RR lawsuit. Correct?

It was a creepy conversation.[/QUOTE]

Correct

Not to mention- it will be years before anybody makes it to the stand in that case- if ever

SailingDawg
12-02-2017, 07:02 PM
Just to clarify, names of student athletes were not released in Friday's COI release, right? There are OM fans still arguing how much trouble we're going to get into because the NCAA's release confirmed everything Godfrey said.

msstatelp1
12-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Listening to an Ole Miss fan's take on anything just makes you less intelligent and subject to accepting off the wall conspiracy theories.

dawggoneit
12-02-2017, 07:31 PM
So if what the UMites are saying is true that would be 1 major violation. They just got off with a slap on the wrist with double digit major violation in three sports. We good either way!

Coach34
12-02-2017, 07:35 PM
So if what the UMites are saying is true that would be 1 major violation. !

No- this is fake news

Farrod Green's Daddy can give Leo Lewis any amount of money he wants to. He is not a State booster and has been a family friend for over a decade

Commercecomet24
12-02-2017, 07:37 PM
So if what the UMites are saying is true that would be 1 major violation. They just got off with a slap on the wrist with double digit major violation in three sports. We good either way!

Ha! Exactly one major violation based on what they got=zero penalties, even if it was true. They are dang idiots!

dawggoneit
12-02-2017, 08:05 PM
No- this is fake news

Farrod Green's Daddy can give Leo Lewis any amount of money he wants to. He is not a State booster and has been a family friend for over a decade

I know it fake news. Just funny how their message is "MSU is in a world of trouble." They don't think about what they got away with.