PDA

View Full Version : Bowl game!!!

oildawg
12-02-2017, 01:18 PM
We have had a lot to process in the last several days... Nick's injury, Egg Bowl, Mullen, departing assistants, recruits, Moorhead, new assistants, NCAA sanctions on UM.....

But I'm excited about the bowl game! I grew up in the 70's & 80's, when we didn't make all that many.... Even now, not everyone even qualifies (UM, ARK, TENN, etc).

Certainly, were at a competitive disadvantage without Nick or a full coaching staff. But, the heck with it, I'm still excited about it!

My preferences, in order:
1) Citrus - SI is predicting that's where we'll go. The Citrus!!!
2) Outback - we've never been there & we can still tie in a visit to Mickey
3) Gator - we've been there... it's cool. Good opponent, stadium, Mickey
4) Liberty - convenient for many of our fans!
5) Texas - convenient for me (live in The Woodlands)
6) Independence - don't think we'd drop that far, but i like that bowl for some reason

After that, no real preference. Music City & Belk are farther away for me....

HailState

defiantdog
12-02-2017, 01:32 PM
Kiss the Citrus goodbye

msstate7
12-02-2017, 01:38 PM
Kiss the Citrus goodbye

I am fine with that.

BulldogBear
12-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Is there or is there not some rule about playing in the same bowl two years in a row?

msstate7
12-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Is there or is there not some rule about playing in the same bowl two years in a row?

No rule. Bowl probably does not like it, but no rule

WinningIsRelentless
12-02-2017, 02:15 PM
You left out the music city. Look for us there per Cohens request.

redstickdawg
12-02-2017, 02:25 PM
You left out the music city. Look for us there per Cohens request.

why would he ask for a low level bowl?

msstate7
12-02-2017, 02:42 PM
After citrus, they are all equal

RocketDawg
12-02-2017, 03:53 PM

Best for fan attendance. And a nice city to go to.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2017, 04:24 PM

More would go to Memphis. I hate Knox coaching our bowl game. I am think many will stay home because of that and injuries it it is in Nashville.

RocketDawg
12-02-2017, 04:32 PM
More would go to Memphis. I hate Knox coaching our bowl game. I am think many will stay home because of that and injuries it it is in Nashville.

Yeah, but Memphis is not a nice city. ** I suspect most fans have no idea who Knox is. They just know Mullen is gone so they won't go to the game. If Moorhead was coaching attendance might be higher.

Coursesuper
12-02-2017, 04:39 PM
I'm hearing Texas.

Spiderman
12-02-2017, 04:40 PM
We have had a lot to process in the last several days... Nick's injury, Egg Bowl, Mullen, departing assistants, recruits, Moorhead, new assistants, NCAA sanctions on UM.....

But I'm excited about the bowl game! I grew up in the 70's & 80's, when we didn't make all that many.... Even now, not everyone even qualifies (UM, ARK, TENN, etc).

Certainly, were at a competitive disadvantage without Nick or a full coaching staff. But, the heck with it, I'm still excited about it!

My preferences, in order:
1) Citrus - SI is predicting that's where we'll go. The Citrus!!!
2) Outback - we've never been there & we can still tie in a visit to Mickey
3) Gator - we've been there... it's cool. Good opponent, stadium, Mickey
4) Liberty - convenient for many of our fans!
5) Texas - convenient for me (live in The Woodlands)
6) Independence - don't think we'd drop that far, but i like that bowl for some reason

After that, no real preference. Music City & Belk are farther away for me....

HailState

Does anybody really want to go to Florida and play a very good opponent with a Knox and skeleton staff coached team?

Knox has always been a position coach for a reason.

maroonmania
12-02-2017, 04:43 PM

Nashville is close and a good town to have fun in even if you have LOW expectations for the team in the bowl game.

Jacksondevildog
12-02-2017, 04:43 PM
When do we find out the bowl destination officially?

civildawg
12-02-2017, 04:45 PM
I wish we would let Knox go and let Brad Peterson and looney coach the game

msstate7
12-02-2017, 04:46 PM
When do we find out the bowl destination officially?

I think tomorrow afternoon

Dawgology
12-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Does anybody really want to go to Florida and play a very good opponent with a Knox and skeleton staff coached team?

Exactly! Folks crying for the Citrus or Outback haven’t really thought this through. It’s GrEAT getting to a bowl this year but we are going to get run out of the stadium if we play top flight competition without a HC, starting QB, etc

BayouDawg
12-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Exactly! Folks crying for the Citrus or Outback haven’t really thought this through. It’s GrEAT getting to a bowl this year but we are going to get run out of the stadium if we play top flight competition without a HC, starting QB, etc

Hell we got run out the stadium in our last Florida bowl with a head coach. I still had a great vacay though. I want an excuse to visit Mickey and Goofy!

RougeDawg
12-02-2017, 05:08 PM

This all day. 10 years from now Who will remember that our head Merlin?s has left and our QB was out for the bowl game? They?ll see a L and a 8-5 season. We need a W and another 9 win season.

dmdezigns
12-02-2017, 06:36 PM
Hell we got run out the stadium in our last Florida bowl with a head coach. I still had a great vacay though. I want an excuse to visit Mickey and Goofy!

I thought we won the St. Pete bowl last year. . . . . am I remembering wrong?

WSOPdawg
12-02-2017, 06:38 PM
I'm hearing Texas.

This all day. 10 years from now Who will remember that our head Merlin?s has left and our QB was out for the bowl game? They?ll see a L and a 8-5 season. We need a W and another 9 win season.

Texas Bowl would be cool with a chance against a mid-Big 12 team for win #9, which I think is most important -- finding a way to get that 9th win to further prep our qualifications for a top 10-15 ranking next year.

I'm not really excited about getting run over by a Big 10 team in the Citrus or Outback given our weekend QB and coaching situations. We need momentum to carry into Spring '18. Texas or Nashville probably the best bets imo.

RocketDawg
12-02-2017, 06:40 PM

St. Petersburg is in Russia .... **

Coach34
12-02-2017, 06:42 PM
we dont have a staff for this bowl game. It's likely to be a disaster.

Jack Lambert
12-02-2017, 06:52 PM

I agree. I want an close to home easy bowl. I just hope Knox tries real hard hoping to make his resume for the future better.

dmdezigns
12-02-2017, 07:19 PM
St. Petersburg is in Russia .... **

lol and in fl right beside Tampa

Activated Alpha
12-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Yeah this is not the year to be reaching for a prominent bowl name. Better to matchup with an easier opponent. Nursing too many injuries with a skeleton coaching crew

oildawg
12-03-2017, 01:35 AM
Looks like the predictions are aligning on Taxslayer (Gator) vs Virginia Tech. That would be cool!

Acid mouth
12-03-2017, 01:40 AM
I just hope Knox tries real hard hoping to make his resume for the future better.

This is my thought process as well. A win in a bowl game and especially a well coached game would look great on a resume. This is enough motivation to most people coach their ass off.

basedog
12-03-2017, 09:00 AM

IT'S COMING! You going?

BayouDawg
12-03-2017, 10:20 AM

You are correct. Can?t believe I forgot Don?s last bowl game

DawgNamedScuba
12-03-2017, 01:18 PM
Where we going now?

dmdezigns
12-03-2017, 01:24 PM
Where we going now?

No announcement yet. They've only announced the top 6 in the poll and have spent the last however long rehashing that and especially the BAMA vs Ohio State decision.

Coldsleeve Jr.
12-03-2017, 01:34 PM
My guess is Gator Bowl vs VT