PDA

View Full Version : Lane Kiffin

msstate7
12-02-2017, 12:25 PM
I understand completely why we did not hire this guy, and I am happy with Moorhead. With that said, Lane is doing one hell of a job. He is about to rip through his conference undefeated with a top 10 scoring offense after being #80 last season and going 2-6 in conference. I really hope Arkansas does not take a chance on him bc he is one heck of a coach

msstate7
12-02-2017, 12:28 PM
I am interested in how much impact little Briles has had on this offense. Wonder if Moorhead would have any interest in interviewing him as co-oc

DownwardDawg
12-02-2017, 12:48 PM
He will be Auburn's next coach when Gus goes to Arkansas.

Dawg61
12-02-2017, 12:57 PM
I am interested in how much impact little Briles has had on this offense. Wonder if Moorhead would have any interest in interviewing him as co-oc

This is the difference maker for Kiffin. That and Art Briles has been helping his son as a consultant. Briles system scores a shitload of points. Lil Briles was implicated in the Baylor stuff too though.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 12:59 PM
He will be Auburn's next coach when Gus goes to Arkansas.

That would be worst case for us

msstate7
12-02-2017, 01:00 PM
This is the difference maker for Kiffin. That and Art Briles has been helping his son as a consultant. Briles system scores a shitload of points. Lil Briles was implicated in the Baylor stuff too though.

I did not know that. We cannot hire him then

ATTILLA THE DOG
12-02-2017, 01:03 PM
norvel or kiffin to upig

msstate7
12-02-2017, 01:05 PM
norvel or kiffin to upig

I would rather norvell. Norvell has not fielded a top 100 defense yet

Dawg61
12-02-2017, 01:26 PM
I did not know that. We cannot hire him then

Nah we can hire Lil Briles. His implication is much more minor than his daddy. He's actually a much better idea as a hire than my initial idea to get the Briles system here. His son comes with the same offense as his daddy without national backlash and fans throwing protests.

Dawg61
12-02-2017, 01:27 PM
norvel or kiffin to upig

If UPig lands Malzahn I could see Auburn going after Kiffin since he's been trolling Saban so hard.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 01:37 PM
If UPig lands Malzahn I could see Auburn going after Kiffin since he's been trolling Saban so hard.

The west would be absolutely loaded if that happened.

Dawg61
12-02-2017, 01:45 PM
The west would be absolutely loaded if that happened.

Yes, it's the same as if Kiffin goes to Arkansas. I do like your idea of getting Lil Briles. Really I just want elements of Briles system to be used here so if JoMo can study it some that'd be great. It's pretty obvious that system scores crazy points. We can either face it at Arkansas or whatever SEC team Kiffin goes to or we can beat them to the punch and start using it some here. It'll be in the SEC very soon. I'd rather teams adjust to us using it than our defense adjusting to them using it.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-02-2017, 02:11 PM
I think by far the most likely scenario is Malzahn stays at Auburn and Arkansas hires Norvell.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 02:17 PM
I think by far the most likely scenario is Malzahn stays at Auburn and Arkansas hires Norvell.

I agree

DownwardDawg
12-02-2017, 02:42 PM

Gus is crazier than I thought if he stays at Auburn when he can jump to arkansas. He'll be on the hot seat again next year.

ScoobaDawg
12-02-2017, 02:45 PM
Yes, it's the same as if Kiffin goes to Arkansas. I do like your idea of getting Lil Briles. Really I just want elements of Briles system to be used here so if JoMo can study it some that'd be great. It's pretty obvious that system scores crazy points. We can either face it at Arkansas or whatever SEC team Kiffin goes to or we can beat them to the punch and start using it some here. It'll be in the SEC very soon. I'd rather teams adjust to us using it than our defense adjusting to them using it.

How about we let Joe install his offense and run it instead of saying he needs to tinker it already or hire another offensive brain and system....

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Why would Malzahn leave auburn? I wouldnt. So what if they fire you, hes already been to a natty, been to ATL and going again today, plus the buyout money. He will get another job and Auburn will pay him for a long time if they fire him

Dawg61
12-02-2017, 03:22 PM
How about we let Joe install his offense and run it instead of saying he needs to tinker it already or hire another offensive brain and system....

I am excited for Joe's offense don't get me wrong. I will always want us to add new wrinkles to any offense we run though wether the coach has been here for 1 week or 1000 weeks.