PDA

View Full Version : Pearl

Homedawg
12-02-2017, 10:26 AM
First congrats to a well deserved championship. Good job by the coaches and they had the best player on the field as well. With that said, I've seen them both, and comparing them to West Point about like the 85 bears vs the patriots. It's not really close. 6a was pretty down this year. Just the fact starkville was in the finals proved that.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Have not watched any of those teams this year. What kind of year did our Starkville wr and Murphy have? I have read about Patterson

Coursesuper
12-02-2017, 11:02 AM
First congrats to a well deserved championship. Good job by the coaches and they had the best player on the field as well. With that said, I've seen them both, and comparing them to West Point about like the 85 bears vs the patriots. It's not really close. 6a was pretty down this year. Just the fact starkville was in the finals proved that.

Starkville has as much talent I've seen on one team in 20 years, but is to put it plainly, just not very well coached. One of the most undisciplined football teams I've seen in that same period. A staff that doesn't adjust well at all.

Homedawg
12-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Have not watched any of those teams this year. What kind of year did our Starkville wr and Murphy have? I have read about Patterson
Murphy is special. Gardner is a flex te type guy. He's not a star, but has some potential. Definite redshirt

msstate7
12-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Murphy is special. Gardner is a flea te type guy. He's not a star, but has some potential. Definite redshirt

Murphy defense or offense in your opinion?

Homedawg
12-02-2017, 01:17 PM
Starkville has as much talent I've seen on one team in 20 years, but is to put it plainly, just not very well coached. One of the most undisciplined football teams I've seen in that same period. A staff that doesn't adjust well at all.

I think you are overestimating their talent level. Defense is good. But avg line at best. Sr talent isn't good. Jr class is solid.

Homedawg
12-02-2017, 01:18 PM
I think they like him on defense. But he's electric w the ball in his hands.

Coursesuper
12-02-2017, 01:27 PM
I think you are overestimating their talent level. Defense is good. But avg line at best. Sr talent isn't good. Jr class is solid.

Jr class has 5 D1 players. I officiated for a good while, I've seen a little bit of MS high school ball, that team has some real talent. D, 15,8 and 12 Offense 3 and 58.

Homedawg
12-02-2017, 01:51 PM
Jr class has 5 D1 players. I officiated for a good while, I've seen a little bit of MS high school ball, that team has some real talent. D, 15,8 and 12 Offense 3 and 58.

They have one sec player, Edwards. Past that remains to be seen, but they certainly have several d1 guys, I'll go along w that.
FYI 58 is a sr this year and doesn't have any major offers.

Coursesuper
12-02-2017, 02:01 PM
They have one sec player, Edwards. Past that remains to be seen, but they certainly have several d1 guys, I'll go along w that.
FYI 58 is a sr this year.

Good call, 8 might be an SEC player but need to see more of him. They could dominate 6A but it think Starkville has some systemic issues.

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2017, 02:37 PM

Starkville was good and was better last week before their QB got a high ankle sprain. Not taking away from Pearl but they caught every break this year that a team could catch. Play all 3 playoff games at home, dont have to play Brandon again (they wouldve lost @ Brandon) Meridian runs the wildcat virtually the whole game against them, then they play Starkville with no QB

BuckyIsAB****
12-02-2017, 02:39 PM

Chris Jones is a great coach. You dont win state at Kemper County then go to Starkville the next year, beat Madison twice and make a run being a bad coach....