PDA

View Full Version : In The Fine Print of the Sanctions

Spiderman
12-01-2017, 10:34 PM
Rebel Rags, and it's owner, forced to be disassociated for no less than 3 years. (Which means 3 years)

All disassociated boosters to be named publicly. Guess Rosy can drop his FOI case.

OM has to remove all banners and return all trophies won in games played by ineligible players. (Someone said they have a Sugar Bowl banner in the stadium, not sure if that is one of the games or not)

Question is, can we scratch out their scores on the Egg it applicable? NCAA says we can.

Only one unofficial visit per academic year per prospect. (Yeah, really bet they enforce that, almost impossible to be caught flaunting that)

What wasn't in the small print....... more official visit restrictions, any limits on off campus contact, no total scholarship limit.

And what sucks no matter how much they lied the whole time, their fan boys were right on what mattered most, the NCAA basically accepted their self imposed shollys.

And on that, Rosebowl Was Bad Wrong

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 10:37 PM
As for the Egg, I'd say it depends on what happened with those two bogus forfeits from the 70s. If those scores we reversed or marked with an * then they absolutely should be erased.

Mjoelner34
12-01-2017, 10:39 PM
Does RR have to immediately stop advertising at their events or is there a contract that has to run out first? I'm guessing they have to stop immediately since penalties take affect as soon as they are received.

BayouDawg
12-01-2017, 10:40 PM
Now I?m beginning to see why ole miss leaked the names of the COI panel. They did this so they could pad their pockets. They had to be bought off.
Or I guess Sankey has some stroke.

Spiderman
12-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Does RR have to immediately stop advertising at their events or is there a contract that has to run out first? I'm guessing they have to stop immediately since penalties take affect as soon as they are received.

Supposed to be immediately.

Some question out there if they can sell OM licensed merch. because OM gets a cut through their licensing company.

I hope they can't and put that asshole out of business.

wmccgc
12-02-2017, 08:52 AM
When do we find out the names of the ineligible players and the games they played in?

Jarius
12-02-2017, 09:03 AM
Adding another year of a bowl ban is not just accepting the self imposed penalties. It’s not nearly what they deserved, but it is a big penalty.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 09:12 AM
Adding another year of a bowl ban is not just accepting the self imposed penalties. It’s not nearly what they deserved, but it is a big penalty.

I agree. This recruiting cycle will require not only trying to fill 11 more spots, but trying to hold on to current players. We need to be calling lodge, Hamilton, Jefferson, and those 5 freshmen today. Oh and I know we cannot contact the underclassmen directly, but do it through back channels

Spiderman
12-02-2017, 09:50 AM

How is that actually gonna hurt them? And what if they win the appeal?

Jarius
12-02-2017, 09:57 AM
They have 12 people that want to transfer, per their own media. The extra year allows the seniors to transfer with no penalty and the rest are more than likely going to be granted a waiver to transfer with no penalty. It’s another year with absolutely nothing to play for on top of scholarship reductions. It’s not what they deserve, but to say it’s not a big deal is ridiculous. And lol at them getting these punishments any lighter through an appeals process.

Bully13
12-02-2017, 09:57 AM
How is that actually gonna hurt them? And what if they win the appeal?

They wouldn't be appealing if it didn't hurt and I doubt they win it.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 10:00 AM
They have 12 people that want to transfer, per their own media. The extra year allows the seniors to transfer with no penalty and the rest are more than likely going to be granted a waiver to transfer with no penalty. It’s another year with absolutely nothing to play for on top of scholarship reductions. It’s not what they deserve, but to say it’s not a big deal is ridiculous. And lol at them getting these punishments any lighter through an appeals process.

You gotta realize who you are debating with... spider probably already has them penciled in for 10 wins in 2019

yjnkdawg
12-02-2017, 10:18 AM
I agree. This recruiting cycle will require not only trying to fill 11 more spots, but trying to hold on to current players. We need to be calling lodge, Hamilton, Jefferson, and those 5 freshmen today. Oh and I know we cannot contact the underclassmen directly, but do it through back channels

After that Egg Bowl fiasco, why would anybody associated with MSU want any of their players. As an OM lawyer friend told me. "THis Egg Bowl rivalry is getting too toxic,". If I had to pick two,though, it would be DD Bowie and Benito Jones, if they wanted to transfer. Bowie might want to transfer, but I doubt Benito would. I think the best solution would be to let Coach JoMo recruit who he wants to recruit.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 10:24 AM
After that Egg Bowl fiasco, why would anybody associated with MSU want any of their players. As an OM lawyer friend told me. "THis Egg Bowl rivalry is getting too toxic,". If I had to pick two,though, it would be DD Bowie and Benito Jones, if they wanted to transfer. Bowie might want to transfer, but I doubt Benito would. I think the best solution would be to let Coach JoMo recruit who he wants to recruit.

JoMo has yet to call me for recruiting advice, so you probably have no reason to worry**

If I could pick 2 though like you, I would want lodge and Jefferson.

Spiderman
12-02-2017, 10:39 AM
You gotta realize who you are debating with... spider probably already has them penciled in for 10 wins in 2019

Smartass

yjnkdawg
12-02-2017, 10:39 AM
JoMo has yet to call me for recruiting advice, so you probably have no reason to worry**

If I could pick 2 though like you, I would want lodge and Jefferson.

LOL All is cool. He hasn't called me either.

TXDawg
12-02-2017, 10:40 AM
You better believe that their media is reporting that those 12 “want to transfer” so that when they announce they’re staying, they can tout how strong a leader Luke is. It’ll be this year’s version of Merry Flipmas.

Mimi's Babies
12-02-2017, 10:43 AM
It has the appearance that the Years 2010 - 2013 will be negated....

Ineligible players for ACT Test Fraud....

Document Page 3, 4, and 5....
Students 2, 3, 4 all from Florida

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bully13
12-02-2017, 10:43 AM
You better believe that their media is reporting that those 12 “want to transfer” so that when they announce they’re staying, they can tout how strong a leader Luke is. It’ll be this year’s version of Merry Flipmas.

Redefining flipping their own croots.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 10:45 AM

Could be. 3 (Jefferson, the Texas dB, and Patterson) of those though are pretty strong rumors

Dawgface
12-02-2017, 10:48 AM
When will their appeal be acted on? I'm guessing most of these cats want to transfer after this semester so they can be at Spring practice.

Mimi's Babies
12-02-2017, 10:51 AM
When will their appeal be acted on? I'm guessing most of these cats want to transfer after this semester so they can be at Spring practice.

Someone said that it could take a year to act on this appeal (I believe that it was Slive).... IF that is the case can the kids transfer before this is heard?

Putting the pieces together looks like

Booster #1
Booster #2 FCA Huddle Guy
Booster #3
Booster #4
Booster #5 is RR....
Booster #6
Booster #7
Booster #8
Booster #9
Booster #10
Booster #11
Booster #12

Bully13
12-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Someone said that it could take a year to act on this appeal (I believe that it was Slive).... IF that is the case can the kids transfer before this is heard?

Mars to the rescue.

Dawgology
12-02-2017, 10:54 AM
You better believe that their media is reporting that those 12 ?want to transfer? so that when they announce they?re staying, they can tout how strong a leader Luke is. It?ll be this year?s version of Merry Flipmas.

This is EXACTLY what is happening. You guys always fall for this UM spin. It?s all a show.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 10:58 AM
This is EXACTLY what is happening. You guys always fall for this UM spin. It?s all a show.

You think mars is in on it? He says he has 10 OM players suing to transfer

yjnkdawg
12-02-2017, 10:59 AM

I would think they would be able to transfer. If not, it looks like the NCAA would look at this as a ploy by OM to keep their players from transferring (which it would be) as allowed, in accordance, under the NCAA sanctions.

1bigdawg
12-02-2017, 11:02 AM
The reason for the appeal is to delay the transfers. If players could transfer now, they could practice in the spring with their new team. By delaying it, they make it less likely the player will get playing time on the new team. Therefore, fewer players will transfer.

yjnkdawg
12-02-2017, 11:11 AM
The reason for the appeal is to delay the transfers. If players could transfer now, they could practice in the spring with their new team. By delaying it, they make it less likely the player will get playing time on the new team. Therefore, fewer players will transfer.

So after telling them it was all before Freeze, etc. and now basically holding the ones hostage who would like to transfer. A typical OM way of doing business.

redstickdawg
12-02-2017, 11:13 AM
I would think they would be able to transfer. If not, it looks like the NCAA would look at this as a ploy by OM to keep their players from transferring (which it would be) as allowed, in accordance, under the NCAA sanctions.

What does it matter what the ncaa thinks? Sad to say but yesterday proved that they have been emasculated, there is no way to expect that the ncaa will do the right thing at anytime, they are going to do tale easy route and avoid any confrontation or costs. They have a recent track record that when given the chance of standing up up for their own rules or bylaws or taking the coward's way; they have chosen to be yellow bellies.

The ncaa is no longer something that schools need to respect or worry about, just give them lip service and if pushed threaten to sue and they will run away with their tails between their legs.

Jarius
12-02-2017, 11:25 AM
You better believe that their media is reporting that those 12 ?want to transfer? so that when they announce they?re staying, they can tout how strong a leader Luke is. It?ll be this year?s version of Merry Flipmas.

Tom Mars has been hired by a bunch of their players. I can promise you that?s not something they want.

Spiderman
12-02-2017, 12:41 PM
Ya'll are getting your transfer hopes up too much.

I don't think they lose more than 1 Sr if that. Maybe Patterson.

The rest were wanting out because they, like most of America, thought they were gonna get hammered and suck. That is no longer the case. Plus they will be told, right or wrong, that they will win the appeal.

I saw where they only had 79 on scholarship this year. By 2018 they could have 81. The lack of scholarship reductions handed down, mainly no reduction in the 85 limit, prevented any real punishment.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 12:45 PM

The rest were wanting out because they, like most of America, thought they were gonna get hammered and suck. That is no longer the case. Plus they will be told, right or wrong, that they will win the appeal.

I saw where they only had 79 on scholarship this year. By 2018 they could have 81. The lack of scholarship reductions handed down, mainly no reduction in the 85 limit, prevented any real punishment.

So you predict 2 tops?

Spiderman
12-02-2017, 12:49 PM
So you predict 2 tops?

not counting Anderson, maybe 2-3 more.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 12:55 PM
not counting Anderson, maybe 2-3 more.

Yeah, I will guess conservatively and say at least 5 of mars? clients will leave.

Look at your OM infatuation, spider... you think Hawaii and Patterson will stay. You really think one is gonna back the other up next season?

Spiderman
12-02-2017, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I will guess conservatively and say at least 5 of mars? clients will leave.

Look at your OM infatuation, spider... you think Hawaii and Patterson will stay. You really think one is gonna back the other up next season?

Tamu for sure is staying. I said Patterson would probably leave.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Tamu for sure is staying. I said Patterson would probably leave.

No, you said, ?maybe Patterson?

Spiderman
12-02-2017, 01:01 PM
No, you said, ?maybe Patterson?

Maybe, probably, Jesus Christ, you must be a f**king lawyer as much as you latch on to word meaning.

Hell, he may take a redshirt this coming year to heal the knee up then have 2 years as the starter. He came there for a reason and may stay for that reason.

It's all a damn guess.

defiantdog
12-02-2017, 01:07 PM
Rosie sold his book at good time because I doubt he?ll get many more sales.

Jarius
12-02-2017, 01:14 PM

There will be more than 1 or 2 that transfer. I don’t know what else to tell you. It will be a bigger deal than you think it is. Let us know the next talking points as soon as they get handed down. Matt Luke is their head coach. They have 10 players that retained Tom Mars. They hired him in case they needed a waiver to transfer. They don’t want to be there. Sorry to disappoint.

Spiderman
12-02-2017, 01:31 PM
Rosie sold his book at good time because I doubt he?ll get many more sales.

Yep, and the sequel is probably shite canned too.

Todd4State
12-02-2017, 01:46 PM
And Shea Patterson is now exploring transferring per Ole Miss sites on Twitter.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 01:49 PM
And Shea Patterson is now exploring transferring per Ole Miss sites on Twitter.

Common sense says it is one or the other. If the right teams come a calling, I can see both, but it would have to be a really good situation. I.e. usc, Michigan, etc