PDA

View Full Version : Now This Would Get Them Where It Really Hurts...If Shea and Taamu Both Transfer

yjnkdawg
12-01-2017, 10:24 PM
There had been rumors of Chip Kelly maybe wanting Taamu to transfer to UCLA. Taamu would be closer to home and it appears that maybe that could begin to maybe have some legs now. With him being a Junior then there wouldn't be any issue.. Also it seems that Shea has moved into the good possibility category. I think it's like at least 10 that are pretty good bets to transfer, with more possible. I guess some wanted to know the actual facts on The NCAA investigation before they decided whether to sign with OM or not, and not some pie in the sky story. I wonder how AJ and DK would like that?

I had heard that any of their players can transfer without sitting out a year. I think the NCAA can do this, but I just hadn't actually seen it where they had.

Dawgs87
12-01-2017, 10:32 PM
B Walker read something on his FB Live chat this afternoon that said any players that will have eligibility remaining after the bowl ban would have to apply for a waiver from the NCAA but that all of them would be granted. I have no idea where he got that from either. I spent about 2 hours this afternoon searching the actual decision document, NCAA policies and bylaws instead of working and I never could find it. I mean i found where it said that it was an option but not specific stipulations regarding what conditions needed to be met other than COI or COA recommendation. I didn't find anything like that in the document itself, but Asschaps seems to think that it won't be an issue either.

Spiderman
12-01-2017, 10:37 PM
There had been rumors of Chip Kelly maybe wanting Taamu to transfer to UCLA. Taamu would be closer to home and it appears that maybe that could begin to maybe have some legs now. With him being a Junior then there wouldn't be any issue.. Also it seems that Shea has moved into the good possibility category. I think it's like at least 10 that are pretty good bets to transfer, with more possible. I guess some wanted to know the actual facts on The NCAA investigation before they decided whether to sign with OM or not, and not some pie in the sky story. I wonder how AJ and DK would like that?

I had heard that any of their players can transfer without sitting out a year. I think the NCAA can do this, but I just hadn't actually seen it where they had.

Tamu said on Twitter today he is 100% staying at OM

Barkman Turner Overdrive
12-01-2017, 10:37 PM

Not going to happen. One may go (Peterson), but the Network will ensure the other one is well taken care of.

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2017, 10:39 PM
B Walker read something on his FB Live chat this afternoon that said any players that will have eligibility remaining after the bowl ban would have to apply for a waiver from the NCAA but that all of them would be granted. I have no idea where he got that from either. I spent about 2 hours this afternoon searching the actual decision document, NCAA policies and bylaws instead of working and I never could find it. I mean i found where it said that it was an option but not specific stipulations regarding what conditions needed to be met other than COI or COA recommendation. I didn't find anything like that in the document itself, but Asschaps seems to think that it won't be an issue either.

And they must have made that known to OM - and it’s why they are so pissed about the 2nd bowl ban. Vitter even mentioned teams are already working to poach players.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 10:41 PM
5-0 is better than Patterson, and it's not close. My question is why was Patterson starting over him to begin with?

Mjoelner34
12-01-2017, 10:42 PM
5-0 is better than Patterson, and it's not close. My question is why was Patterson starting over him to begin with?

Because he cost more.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Tamu said on Twitter today he is 100% staying at OM

I guess OM convinced his parents then.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2017, 10:53 PM

With a two year bowl ban, juniors should be able to transfer without sitting out, because they wouldn't be able to participate in a bowl game their senior year. I'm not sure of the other. I have no clue where BW got his info. There has been too many uncertainties on this . The only thing I am certain off is 13 (ughhh) schollies and the two year bowl ban, the reduced recruiting visits and the monetary losses.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 10:53 PM
I guess OM convinced his parents then.

$$$$$$$

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 10:54 PM

I think Patterson is more talented than Ta'Amuu but Ta'Amuu makes them a better team.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 10:56 PM
Because he cost more.

Maybe, then they are Ole Miss.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 10:57 PM
With a two year bowl ban, juniors should be able to transfer without sitting out, because they wouldn't be able to participate in a bowl game their senior year. I'm not sure of the other. I have no clue where BW got his info. There has been too many uncertainties on this . The only thing I am certain off is 13 (ughhh) schollies and the two year bowl ban, the reduced recruiting visits and the monetary losses.

I think Ben Garrett put out a list of 10 players that were likely to transfer- Patterson was one and Jefferson was one as well. The others were mostly fringe types. It didn't include Deontay Anderson. That's from the Ole Miss people.

If I was Ta'Amu I would honestly listen to Kelly if I was in his situation. Get a chance to go to a bowl and it's easier for his parents to see him. Kind of seems like a no brainer to me.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 11:00 PM
Maybe, then they are Ole Miss.

Absolutely. They've been trying to cater to him and his family even before he stepped on campus. Now that there is a rift between his father and their coaches and Ta'Amuu has emerged they can let him go. Playing Patterson with a torn ligament in his knee was not a great idea.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2017, 11:00 PM

Probably too big of an investment and Shea was told if he came to OM that he would be the starting QB. 5-0 was really impressive in their spring game from what some OM people said.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2017, 11:06 PM
I think Patterson is more talented than Ta'Amuu but Ta'Amuu makes them a better team.

I agree ...That dual threat option gives them more running options which is needed in that offense they run.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 11:09 PM
I agree ...That dual threat option gives them more running options which is needed in that offense they run.

What it did is it allowed Wilkins to become more involved in the offense as well. They're going to miss him big time next year. Everyone talks about their WR's- Wilkins had more touchdowns than either one of them by himself.

Bubb Rubb
12-02-2017, 10:46 AM
I would expect Pennemon to transfer and request a waiver. He is one of the kids that they lied to during recruiting.

msstate7
12-02-2017, 10:47 AM
I would expect Pennemon to transfer and request a waiver. He is one of the kids that they lied to during recruiting.

That would be a huge blow with Wilkins gone

Jack Lambert
12-02-2017, 11:42 AM

I think the whole punishment the NCAA handed down was intended the hurt the adults involved not the athletes. I also think if Freeze didn't get fired and lose millions he would have gotten a one year show cause. I think the NCAA will let many of the 2016 to transfer.

maroonmania
12-02-2017, 02:15 PM
I think the whole punishment the NCAA handed down was intended the hurt the adults involved not the athletes. I also think if Freeze didn't get fired and lose millions he would have gotten a one year show cause. I think the NCAA will let many of the 2016 to transfer.

That might be believable if they had actually punished the man in charge of the program.

Todd4State
12-02-2017, 02:20 PM
That might be believable if they had actually punished the man in charge of the program.

Freeze was simply the face of the program- not the one in charge of you will.

thf24
12-02-2017, 02:28 PM

The more I think about it, the more I think it's possible a scenario we've discussed before is unfolding. The NCAA realized the real problem at play, the rotten booster culture. They knew no penalties they could justify at this time would do much to set them straight. So they went relatively light as nothing but a warning shot to the school to get their boosters under control. If that happens, then the NCAA has fixed the problem they were targeting, and moves on. If not and business as usual continues (as already rumored that it is), then they've set them up for a real death blow in the next go round, after which they'll have no choice but to massively change how they do things.

I think that's the only way to explain the NCAA using extremely harsh language describing the state of the program and its support system, but not bringing penalties to match.

maroonmania
12-02-2017, 03:07 PM
Freeze was simply the face of the program- not the one in charge of you will.

Its really doesn't matter, its the principle of the thing. Don't know how the NCAA can justify having a program totally out of control like that and the HC gets off nearly scott free.

Rejlector84sports
12-02-2017, 05:12 PM
I read the full report last night. From what the COI put in the report was that the responsibility for all the violations sat with the asst athletic director and the assistant coaches. From what the report said Freeze was not guilty of serious violations but just unintentionally negligent in his oversight and trusting his staff too much. He presented to the committee evidence of how he had installed compliance measures but did not follow up enough and accepted the word of the assistants that they were compliant. That's why the penalities were, in the eyes of the committe, not show-cause worthy.

RougeDawg
12-02-2017, 05:24 PM
I read the full report last night. From what the COI put in the report was that the responsibility for all the violations sat with the asst athletic director and the assistant coaches. From what the report said Freeze was not guilty of serious violations but just unintentionally negligent in his oversight and trusting his staff too much. He presented to the committee evidence of how he had installed compliance measures but did not follow up enough and accepted the word of the assistants that they were compliant. That's why the penalities were, in the eyes of the committe, not show-cause worthy.

He was on an in Home visit with a booster. There?s no way he didnt know what was going on.

Ari Gold
12-02-2017, 05:52 PM
If that POS Freeze ends up coaching anywhere next year look for him to go all in to get a few.
He has already threw everyone possible under the bus , so no reason to think he wouldn’t try to grab a player or 2 from there.

dawgoneyall
12-02-2017, 06:49 PM
Sexton got on the phone quickly and told Tammyflu they needed to have a conservation.

redstickdawg
12-02-2017, 08:16 PM
He was on an in Home visit with a booster. There?s no way he didnt know what was going on.

This right above proves that the ncaa is beyong corrupt, several major level 1 violations directly tied to freezus and no penalty. I know that a lot of people are upset that they got away with a lot of cheating, guess what the ncaa opened the flood gates on full wild west cheating with a failure to do anything but wag a finger at the webs. We need to understand that landscape has changed and you either adapt or you get run over.