PDA

View Full Version : OK Yankee fans and MSSTATe 7

parabrave
12-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Aaron Boone as the next bomber skipper????? WTG??? Sell me on it.

shoeless joe
12-01-2017, 08:44 PM
I am a huge Aaron Boone fan......as a color analyst. And I liked the fire he played with. No clue how he'll manage. The trend these days is go with a young guy to try to handle and relate to modern players because all the decisions will be made by the metric and analytic guys anyhow.

Also...What are the odds he's replaced in the Sunday nite booth with Sheryl swoopes?

Bully13
12-01-2017, 08:47 PM
don't pull really for the Yanks. grew up in Jacktown with the Mets. was a game 7 in '86.

pull mostly for the Mets, Royals, & Rangers these days.

Only gear I own wiht a number is a Yankee Pinstripe with # 3 . Babe Ruth cuz he's the Greatest of all time in MLB.

parabrave
12-01-2017, 08:57 PM
don't pull really for the Yanks. grew up in Jacktown with the Mets. was a game 7 in '86.

pull mostly for the Mets, Royals, & Rangers these days.

Only gear I own wiht a number is a Yankee Pinstripe with # 3 . Babe Ruth cuz he's the Greatest of all time in MLB.

Well I'm a brave fan but also a baseball fan. Has he any experience in Managing?

Bully13
12-01-2017, 09:01 PM
Well I'm a brave fan but also a baseball fan. Has he any experience in Managing?

I have no idea nor care to have one.

msstate7
12-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Baseball is one of the only sports where I do not think experience is necessary. Surround yourself with a good pitching coach and bench guys and you can do it. Most managing is by a book... just do not do stupid stuff. Still weird to give him one of the premier coaching spots in sports with no experience

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 09:05 PM
Baseball is one of the only sports where I do not think experience is necessary. Surround yourself with a good pitching coach and bench guys and you can do it. Most managing is by a book... just do not do stupid stuff. Still weird to give him one of the premier coaching spots in sports with no experience

There are still moments where you have to have a feel for it. And yeah- a lot of that "feel" is data driven sometimes. But some of that "feel" is also knowing your players and where they are at in that particular moment and I guess that's why these teams are going to guys that can relate to players well.

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2017, 09:33 PM
Aaron ****ing Boone

He will always be a jag off