PDA

View Full Version : Mullen spotted in Fort Payne

HarryBuff
12-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Eating at Santa Fe Cattle Company.

Assuming he is poaching Evan McPerson

Dawgcentral
12-01-2017, 08:23 PM
I ate there once. It really sucked. Ordered some desert that we couldn’t actually identify. Kind of a rubbery ice cream.
Maybe Dan will need a laxative. Kirby Smart will be glad to give him an enema I’m sure.

Doggie_Style
12-01-2017, 08:32 PM

Funny....we once had a coach named Don Mullet who tried to poach our players at MSU...

HoopsDawg
12-01-2017, 08:34 PM

Mullen is a real POS.

SDDawg
12-01-2017, 08:49 PM
We have a kicker. Unless you are obsessed with recruiting stars I wouldn't be that worried about it. We recruited that kid because Dan screwed up kickers last year. Thank God we have a kicker now. I'm not crying over Dan although would have loved to see the "relentless effort" in recruiting when he was still here.

HarryBuff
12-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Yeah I'm A-OK with Cristmann.

Mullen is obviously desperate enough to try to get recruited players from MS as fertile as FL is and lacks confidence in the current kicker at FL now.

Jarius
12-01-2017, 08:55 PM
We have a kicker for 3 more years. We honestly don’t even need to be wasting a scholarship on one this year.

Bully13
12-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Mullen is a real POS.

yep

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 08:56 PM
Y'all knnow I liked Mullen a lot, but the contrast between our new guy publically stating he won't approach Penn State recruits and what Mullen is doing is striking. Then again how many of PSU's could be enticed down here anyway. I think we have the right guy.

maroonmania
12-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Yeah I'm A-OK with Cristmann.

Mullen is obviously desperate enough to try to get players from MS as fertile as FL is and lacks confidence in the current one at FL now.

Yep, and on the roster Chrismann is listed as just a FR. I was actually thinking he was a JUCO transfer but I guess not.

SDDawg
12-01-2017, 08:58 PM
We have a kicker for 3 more years. We honestly don’t even need to be wasting a scholarship on one this year.

This.

maroonmania
12-01-2017, 08:58 PM
Y'all knnow I liked Mullen a lot, but the contrast between our new guy publically stating he won't approach Penn State recruits and what Mullen is doing is striking. Then again how many of PSU's could be enticed down here anyway. I think we have the right guy.

Yep, the only recruit we got from FL when Mullen made the move to us was Hevesy. :(

HarryBuff
12-01-2017, 08:59 PM
Yep, and on the roster Chrismann is listed as just a FR. I was actually thinking he was a JUCO transfer but I guess not.

Walk on and honestly he deserves a scholarship. If he flips McPherson so be it.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 09:08 PM
James Franklin was the deciding factor in JoMo getting the job. He spoke very highly of him to Cohen so favor returned.

Jarius
12-01-2017, 09:11 PM
I have been praising JoeMo since the day before he got the job. He’s a genuinely nice human being that people are drawn to. It’s so nice not to have to defend an asshole coach just because he goes 8-4 every year. **** Dan Mullen.

was21
12-01-2017, 09:12 PM
His name is McPherson

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-01-2017, 09:12 PM
Sign of a man in search of a winning record next year and knows he has to face us. If he can lure some of our depth or explosive players away in recruiting, he has a chance to maybe even the tables.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 09:15 PM
McPherson can kick 60 yards out and we have learned kickers get hurt....backs and such.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 09:18 PM
Instead of 3 that miss, give me 2 that won't, I say

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 09:23 PM
James Franklin was the deciding factor in JoMo getting the job. He spoke very highly of him to Cohen so favor returned.

Nailed it. Then again.....nothing stopping JoMo from trying but a word called integrity.

yjnkdawg
12-01-2017, 09:31 PM
McPherson didn't commit to us because of Don. He committed because of Chris Boniol

NCDawg
12-01-2017, 09:44 PM
Mullen is a real POS.

If you would have said that a month ago, I know several people on here that would have blasted you to no end.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2017, 09:46 PM
I read an article on Coach Moorhead on HailState. When they took him and his family to Davis-Wade his son started to run out on the field and he said Dad time my forty. Before he did Coach Moorhead asked our Associate AD if his son was allowed on the field! That may seem like a small thing but that speaks volume for his character. He didn?t just presume he could do whatever he wanted cause he?s the head coach. The man had the respect to ask permission first! That simple thing blew me away! He showed RESPECT for our facilities and our school! This man is genuine and real!

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2017, 09:48 PM
McPherson didn't commit to us because of Don. He committed because of Chris Boniol
This ^. And let?s hope Boniol is staying put. Along with Nick Savage.

RocketDawg
12-01-2017, 09:49 PM
If you would have said that a month ago, I know several people on here that would have blasted you to no end.

I thought he was OK too, but in retrospect it seems the OM folks were right. Of course, they'd say that about any HC we had (and we'd return the favor).

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 09:49 PM
I read an article on Coach Moorhead on HailState. When they took him and his family to Davis-Wade his son started to run out on the field and he said Dad time my forty. Before he did Coach Moorhead asked our Associate AD if his son was allowed on the field! That may seem like a small thing but that speaks volume for his character. He didn?t just presume he could do whatever he wanted cause he?s the head coach. The man had the respect to ask permission first! That simple thing blew me away! He showed RESPECT for our facilities and our school! This man is genuine and real!
That struck me as well. The man was raised right as my Momma would say.

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2017, 09:54 PM
https://youtu.be/2xwUuSM06xQ

West Tn Dawg
12-01-2017, 09:58 PM

And the 2nd part to that was............ He was told absolutely, Coach, "this is your field now!" Respect returned!

Commercecomet24
12-01-2017, 10:05 PM
And the 2nd part to that was............ He was told absolutely, Coach, "this is your field now!" Respect returned!

Right on! Coach is one impressive man. Proud we have him. He?s gonna be a great Iesder here. He?s gonna make great impression on these players and recruits families.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Thing is Dan Mullen is embarrassed. We've all seen a side of him that he can't be proud of. He gets to live with that now. **** him. He knows he's dead to us at this point so might as well just do your job you left us for. Who cares if he wants a kicker really we have a very good one already.

Ezsoil
12-01-2017, 10:13 PM
We need to replace a great 4 year punter......

thf24
12-01-2017, 10:16 PM
We need to replace a great 4 year punter......

We have our replacement, Tucker Day.

fader2103
12-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Scientology doesn?t teach that poaching is wrong

yjnkdawg
12-01-2017, 10:30 PM
We have our replacement, Tucker Day.

Yep and that was Boniol too, why he came and not Don.

Acid mouth
12-01-2017, 10:56 PM

Big 10 takes recruiting a lot different than the SEC. When Urban arrived at Ohio State, his recruiting tactics pissed off some Big 10 coaches. I do agree, we have our guy.