PDA

View Full Version : Here's how bad the Deception was at Mississippi - By Pete Thamel

ScoobaDawg
12-01-2017, 07:47 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/heres-bad-deception-ole-miss-212637812.html

Great read.

msstate7
12-01-2017, 07:51 PM
Yeah, the NCAA really hammered OM... with words

ScoobaDawg
12-01-2017, 07:52 PM

Truth... and that can never be understand by anyone who reads the report...

Ari Gold
12-01-2017, 07:53 PM
Yeah at least the national media saw and everyone outside of the SEC now sees how shitty that place is.

was21
12-01-2017, 07:53 PM
"If someone could slip straight-laced SEC commissioner Greg Sankey some truth serum, the guess here is that he’d dress down Ole Miss officials for their persistent petulance, misleading leaks and general mishandling of this case."

Thank you

Delmar
12-01-2017, 07:58 PM
Dan Wolken didn’t didappoint either.

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/913906001

maroonmania
12-01-2017, 08:01 PM
Everything he said was true but at the end of the day they got barely more than a slap on the wrist. I'm sure OM would say they would do it all the same way again.

Bully13
12-01-2017, 08:07 PM
looks and sounds like the journalist is giving the NCAA a Monica.

The Federalist Engineer
12-01-2017, 08:09 PM
The only people exposed is the NCAA, if OM were not on our schedule and was a pac-12 school competing with USC, I would say ?good job, try again in a few years?

This article is tiresome and stupid in a world where UNC and OM actually exist

bomanishus
12-01-2017, 08:13 PM
the NCAA was as effective as james comey and loretta lynch as far as investigating, reporting and prosecuting corruption goes......just a bunch of dickless bought-and-paid-for idiots!!!!

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 09:10 PM
Here's what I don't get.

The NCAA (Not maroon glasses- that's in the NCAA presentation) is talking about how corrupt Ole Miss is as a culture and how they have been on probation three times in three decades....and yet they only dock them 13 scholarships? I mean, HAMMER THEM then. The NCAA is absolutely part of the problem here.

We could probably cheat our ass off and hire whatever law firm they did and be fine as well.

Ole Miss should have gotten at least USCw sanctions.

Zildjan
12-01-2017, 09:42 PM
Works both ways I see.

BulldogBear
12-01-2017, 09:46 PM
Here's what I don't get.

The NCAA (Not maroon glasses- that's in the NCAA presentation) is talking about how corrupt Ole Miss is as a culture and how they have been on probation three times in three decades....and yet they only dock them 13 scholarships? I mean, HAMMER THEM then. The NCAA is absolutely part of the problem here.

We could probably cheat our ass off and hire whatever law firm they did and be fine as well.

Ole Miss should have gotten at least USCw sanctions.

All day long. If the NCAA would just bury a couple institutions a lot of this crap would rein in. The way you motivate people to decide to not to cheat at something is to make it not worth the risk. START at minimum 3 schollies per major violation, 1 for minor. Shut this stuff down. Say you end up with 27 schollies lost....27 over 5 right? No bitch, 27 over 2. Sit the 17 down. You've either got the balls to do it or you don't. Defense in court if sued should be reletively simple, easy and cut and dried. Here is the rule. Here is how and when they broke it. Here is proof of their NCAA membership. Case dismissed, especially if there is a matrix all members are aware of. This is not hard. If the NCAA would flex it's muscles they could cut cheating by half or more.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 09:59 PM
All day long. If the NCAA would just bury a couple institutions a lot of this crap would rein in. The way you motivate people to decide to not to cheat at something is to make it not worth the risk. START at minimum 3 schollies per major violation, 1 for minor. Shut this stuff down. Say you end up with 27 schollies lost....27 over 5 right? No bitch, 27 over 2. Sit the 17 down. You've either got the balls to do it or you don't. Defense in court if sued should be reletively simple, easy and cut and dried. Here is the rule. Here is how and when they broke it. Here is proof of their NCAA membership. Case dismissed, especially if there is a matrix all members are aware of. This is not hard. If the NCAA would flex it's muscles they could cut cheating by half or more.

Exactly. The NCAA has the leverage. Hey Ole Miss- you don't like 40 over five years? Either stop cheating or join the NAIA.

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2017, 10:03 PM
https://youtu.be/2xwUuSM06xQ

Mutt the Hoople
12-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Ole Miss- The DISGRACE OF A NATIONl.

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2017, 11:01 PM

Exactly. "Oh look, they said bad things about us! Go sign another 5 star recruit, we can handle these 'penalties.'"

Lumpy Chucklelips
12-02-2017, 12:19 AM
I pulled excerpts out of that article. If I had read this last night, I would have said they were going to lose 35 scholarships. I guarantee you the only thing this is going to do is make them reevaluate how the network works. This will be no different than a coach looking at film and making adjustments where the team made mistakes. Keep your eyes and ears open, because they will proclaim business as usual.

> with Ole Miss getting hammered
> the depths of the school?s mishandling of the case will resonate for years to come.
> reality came cold and hard to Ole Miss on Friday
> The school already imposed significant scholarship reductions
> further hamstringing a program
> The NCAA gave Ole Miss its strongest insult short of the death penalty
> "this case is symptomatic of an out-of-control culture that has existed for decades.?
> Ole Miss athletic director Ross Bjork and Ole Miss officials gave future troubled schools a textbook case of how not to handle an NCAA infractions case.
> persistent leaks, pathetic spin and aura of combativeness as examples of how not to irritate and antagonize the NCAA
> lack of contrition when NCAA punishment seemed inevitable.
> "how little they respected NCAA rules, as they kept cheating while the investigation was going on.?
> a culture where rules violations were an acceptable part of the Ole Miss football program.
> rules violations ?continued through the investigation of this case,? the ultimate middle finger to the NCAA.
> Ole Miss just couldn?t help itself
> the persistent public leaks and brushfires led to a contentious case
> they ended up becoming a poster child for petulance that the Committee couldn?t wait to spank
> Ole Miss attempted at times to try its case in the media, and the whole effort came off like a years-long message board screed of desperatio
> Ole Miss was so concerned with messaging recruits and fans they irked those holding the NCAA hammer.
> They had this denial and arrogant stance that was troublesome
> The school?s own chancellor called the heavy booster involvement ?disturbingly questionable.?
> The NCAA Committee on Infractions branded Ole Miss as the epitome of a football culture gone wrong
> the most stinging critique from the NCAA was the notion that none of this came as a particular surprise.
> ?a recurring culture of noncompliance in the football program?
> the attitude of the NCAA was that this type of behavior at Ole Miss had become expected, rather than the exception.

Political Hack
12-02-2017, 12:31 PM
It’s a PR disaster for them. Completely exposed for what they are while they are screaming to anyone that’ll listen that it’s not their fault... and it’s falling of deaf ears. If they actually stop paying kids, which I doubt they do given the lack of punishment commiserate with what they’ve done, then they’re finished in the SEC. If they keep paying kids and get caught, they’ll get the death penalty. I think that’s been set up to be honest.

Exposed. Every hates them now. And if they get caught cheating, done.