PDA

View Full Version : what's yall's opinion so far with our OL commits? where do you think we'll end up in

Bully13
09-29-2013, 12:03 PM
Feb?

so far, it appears we have only one on the board that shows sure promise and that's the kid out of GA.

it appears hevesy ain't going to get it done, UH Gain... I'm getting a little weary of this dude...

Coach34
09-29-2013, 12:09 PM
What's wrong with the OL? Now that we have the right QB in- they look the way they are supposed to

Saltydog
09-29-2013, 12:13 PM
our weak point and that has me worried. Malone and Day back but that's it.

engie
09-29-2013, 12:27 PM
our weak point and that has me worried. Malone and Day back but that's it.
Malone, Day, Clausell, and Beckwith all coming back with a lot of starting experience...

We lose Gabe -- who will be a big loss no matter how you shake it... And siddoway -- who is serviceable but hardly irreplaceable

Bully13
09-29-2013, 12:37 PM
What's wrong with the OL? Now that we have the right QB in- they look the way they are supposed to

I'll believe that if we perform against LSU...hoping to see dak and the O do some things...still worried though

Coach34
09-29-2013, 01:14 PM
We have 3 starters returning next year plus Beckwith- who is now a starter. We have Robinson and Senior returning, Clayborn redshirting who is looking good in practice they say- and then a couple of juco's coming in.

Clausell will be the LT
I'd move Malone to LG
Day at C
Beckwith at RG
???? at RT

Work Clayborn's ass off to be the 3rd guard
Let Senior, Robinson, and juco's battle for RT and back up spots

I think we'll be solid next year

bocfarm
09-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Roq Johnson will be RT and I think Norman Price battles for a Guard spot

Bully13
09-29-2013, 01:49 PM

that could end up being the case and I sure do hope so. the thing I think about which backs up your assertion is that I can recall the last few years bama and lsu looking horrible at times running the ball being stopped by 2 and 3 star defenses while their 5 star OL seemed to be getting pushed around. I guess play calling has to be thrown into the mix before you declare you are certain your OL sux. I just don't like seeing lesser programs or ones that would be considered our equal out recruiting us in this area. still not sold on hevesy and his recruiting efforts.. he's worn out his welcome imo.

smootness
09-29-2013, 01:54 PM
Roq Johnson will be RT and I think Norman Price battles for a Guard spot

You mean 'Joc'? Haha. Don't know about you, but I don't want a 200-lb. RT.

But I agree, I'm betting we end up with more than 2 JUCO OL, and that 2 of them start.

Goat Holder
09-29-2013, 02:13 PM
Our OL is going to be a strength next year (well, as much as it can be). We have a bunch of seniors there. 2015 is going to be the tough year, especially if the JUCOs from the 2014 class don't pan out.

Todd4State
09-29-2013, 04:20 PM
I honestly don't know a lot about the guys from Georgia- other than they have good size. I'm thinking we are about to get Shawn Rawlings from MRA- and we've had a lot of success with private school o-linemen recently- Addison Lawrence, Malone, Jamaal Clayborn. I think Rawlings is 6'6" 275- so he could be a tackle.

And then we're getting 2-3 JUCO o-linemen. As we discussed earlier this season- it's a necessity so we won't be so young as far as depth next year and plus we need to plug some holes due to graduation.

Bothrops
09-29-2013, 05:17 PM
I think o-line class we have coming in looks better than normal. Does anyone have a feel on any of them?

Jack Lambert
09-29-2013, 05:30 PM
Feb?

so far, it appears we have only one on the board that shows sure promise and that's the kid out of GA.

it appears hevesy ain't going to get it done, UH Gain... I'm getting a little weary of this dude...

I think next year will be Mullen's best year at state. The West will be down. LSU will be the stronest team in the West if they can get a QB. I think Alabama will not be as strong and A&M will be way down. Their defense sucks already and their offense is going to take a big hit in the draft. Arky is still a few years off if thier coach can turn it around at all and I don't think Auburn will have the same coach in two years.