PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss ain't getting off easy...

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 02:28 PM
Ole Miss ain't getting off lite. Far from it. They are a total joke within the SEC footprint to everyone. They have Matt Luke as a head coach. They had to fire the last one because he was calling hookers. They have multiple bowl bans, are having players suing them, have Thomas Mars all up in their ass and are about to lose a bunch of players to transfer. They just told the world they record phone conversations and they will sue players and blackmail them. They are totally ****ed for minimum five years. Giving them a 40 scholarship ban doesn't really matter. It's equivalent to chopping off the legs of a person that's been blown apart by a land mine. What's the point?? So you'll feel like they got what they deserve?? They have. Enjoy it.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2017, 02:31 PM
They definitely have a image problem right now. The way parents are so involve with their recruitment they will take notice.

Bully13
12-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Ole Miss ain't getting off lite. Far from it. They are a total joke within the SEC footprint to everyone. They have Matt Luke as a head coach. They had to fire the last one because he was calling hookers. They have multiple bowl bans, are having players suing them, have Thomas Mars all up in their ass and are about to lose a bunch of players to transfer. They just told the world they record phone conversations and they will sue players and blackmail them. They are totally ****ed for minimum five years. Giving them a 40 scholarship ban doesn't really matter. It's equivalent to chopping off the legs of a person that's been blown apart by a land mine. What's the point?? So you'll feel like they got what they deserve?? They have. Enjoy it.

I agree with this. especially the part about how coaches are going to be warning any croot that wants to visit tsun. totally justified negative recruiting that not only is going to work but it truly will be in the best interests of the croots to know what could happen to them by visiting tsun. high school coaches are privy to what tsun did as well I would imagine.

redstickdawg
12-01-2017, 02:37 PM

This is a joke, right? Money talks and this has proven that the ncaa allows pay for play for om and given the right kids that is exactly what will happen. If you think that om will feel any real repercussions from this I have some mountaintop property south of Biloxi that I can sell you.

The ncaa is toothless and not willing to do anything, they effectively signed their own death warrant today and it is just a matter of time before they implode. The real loser today. other than amateur athletics, is the ncaa. The ncaa has proven once again that their rules are not worth the paper they are written on and are a joke.

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2017, 02:37 PM
None of you think a stack of Benjamin?s and a hot blonde will overcome some of that?

Bully13
12-01-2017, 02:39 PM
None of you think a stack of Benjamin?s and a hot blonde will overcome some of that?

something tells me they are going to have to cool it for a while. we'll see.

Pollodawg
12-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Nafoom is clinging to the “air sucked out of the room” comment. The only source feeding that information to OM media is an OM friendly source. None of that shit happened. None of the shit they ever said happened happened.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 02:45 PM
This is a joke, right? Money talks and this has proven that the ncaa allows pay for play for om and given the right kids that is exactly what will happen. If you think that om will feel any real repercussions from this I have some mountaintop property south of Biloxi that I can sell you.

The ncaa is toothless and not willing to do anything, they effectively signed their own death warrant today and it is just a matter of time before they implode. The real loser today. other than amateur athletics, is the ncaa. The ncaa has proven once again that their rules are not worth the paper they are written on and are a joke.

You'd only be satisfied with a total shutdown of Ole Miss football for five years. Outside of that you'll feel like they got off lite. Fact is Ole Miss has a gigantic public perception problem moving forward and no football coach within 5,000 miles of Oxford is ever going to let any recruit forget about it. If we can't destroy Ole Miss in recruiting with that black cloud lingering over Oxford for a decade than we are worse recruiters than a dead hooker trying to score tricks.

starkvegasdawg
12-01-2017, 02:48 PM

They didn?t stop while under investigation.

Turfdawg67
12-01-2017, 02:50 PM

No, most of us KNOW that'll be all it takes. Others are just convinced that this little slap on the 17'n wrist was a good thing. It's not, it's a GD joke. Should've been a minimum of 30 scholarships, 2 year bowl ban and a 10 year show cause for Freezus.

RougeDawg
12-01-2017, 02:53 PM

This. They bought 3 good players at least this last go round.

MadDawg
12-01-2017, 02:55 PM
No, most of us KNOW that'll be all it takes. Others are just convinced that this little slap on the 17'n wrist was a good thing. It's not, it's a GD joke. Should've been a minimum of 30 scholarships, 2 year bowl ban and a 10 year show cause for Freezus.

Bjork and Vitter were practically giddy in their press conference. The NCAA accepted their self-imposed with the exception of one year of bowl ban which they are going to "vigorously appeal". They like their chances. So, yeah, color me unimpressed.

MadDawg
12-01-2017, 02:57 PM
You'd only be satisfied with a total shutdown of Ole Miss football for five years.

Seriously, man, you are good with 13 scholarships for 15 level 1 violations? really?

Coursesuper
12-01-2017, 02:57 PM

They could care less about everything written here. They have a win at any cost mentality, the sooner you realize this the better off you will be. It will take less than five years, they aren’t that far behind now. They may fall a little bit back over the next year or so but don’t think their going away anytime soon.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 02:58 PM
Our recruits to me was not the problem. We have had successful recruits. It was it took fundamentals 3 years to learn or all the ins and outs of D switches. The offense had been scoring, the line was fair to good this year but they are our recruits. I thought it was the coaching of the special teams, field goals, tackling defense situations or revolving door of coaches the problem. Dak didn't do anything but pass his senior and junior years

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 02:59 PM
Our corners were good, Calhoun Redmond
To me it was the coaching

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-01-2017, 03:00 PM
So people on this board think that Ole Miss is about to go right back to bringing in top 10 classes... Interesting

Dawg61
Whose Ole Miss gonna beat in the SEC in the next five years during an actual game?? Maybe Vanderbilt once or twice in five years but that's it.

Nick Saban
Jimbo Fisher
Gus Malzahn
Joe Moorhead
LSU
Arkansas

If Arkansas totally ****s up their hire they might be able to stay within 3 touchdowns of them. Outside that they have no shot to beat anyone for a long time so a record of 4-36 doesn't look so hot to any recruits when Ole Miss might start thinking about not being dead anymore.

HoopsDawg
You'd only be satisfied with a total shutdown of Ole Miss football for five years. Outside of that you'll feel like they got off lite. Fact is Ole Miss has a gigantic public perception problem moving forward and no football coach within 5,000 miles of Oxford is ever going to let any recruit forget about it. If we can't destroy Ole Miss in recruiting with that black cloud lingering over Oxford for a decade than we are worse recruiters than a dead hooker trying to score tricks.

Spin as much as you want. The scholarship penalties are a joke. I would have been satisfied with 24 but thought they deserved 30-35. 13 is nothing!!!

cheewgumm
No other way to
View today.

Disgraceful but it?s a fact.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 03:02 PM
They could care less about everything written here. They have a win at any cost mentality, the sooner you realize this the better off you will be. It will take less than five years, they aren’t that far behind now. They may fall a little bit back over the next year or so but don’t think their going away anytime soon.

I am not worried about that bottom feeding program. I am excited for our program and Joe Moorhead. He is the real deal and he's probably never going to lose to Ole Miss in his entire tenure at State.

BB30
12-01-2017, 03:04 PM

They will be down for 4-5 years. They had a horrible class last year and are going to have a horrible class this year. Next years class probably won't be much better as if I had to guess they will be looking for a new coach. That in itself is enough to kill them for several years. Regardless of if they had gotten zero penalties. Once Metcalf and Brown are gone they are in big trouble as their defense is attrocious and the only way they could score was connecting on bombs to one of those two guys. Their depth up front is already bad and will be worse the next 3 years. Their DL and LBs are absolute garbage.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Spin as much as you want. The scholarship penalties are a joke. I would have been satisfied with 24 but thought they deserved 30-35. 13 is nothing!!!

Nobodies spinning shit. Ole Miss is dead. What is happening is what always happens. Y'alls insecure po Ol Miss State attitude creeps back up. Happens with everything. Walk around like you got a big ass dick for once in your life please. Tired of always having to pick you guys up. Do it yourself for once already.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 03:08 PM
Exactly if Ole Miss is bringing in top 10 classes, and there was a big separation between us and ole miss, I would say it was the recruiting...but Dan must be a helluva a coach. It's not like ole miss has won the division and we are last.

Dawgology
12-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Even Steve Robertson agrees the scholarship reduction is a joke and will be a bump in the road for them. Said so on Boneyard. It?s ridiculous. The NCAA is a complete joke.

HoopsDawg
12-01-2017, 03:11 PM
Nobodies spinning shit. Ole Miss is dead. What is happening is what always happens. Y'alls insecure po Ol Miss State attitude creeps back up. Happens with everything. Walk around like you got a big ass dick for once in your life please. Tired of always having to pick you guys up. Do it yourself for once already.

No one is insecure about Ole Miss. I wish we didn't talk about them at all on this message board. But the 13 scholarships is a joke. Hell, how many did we lose when Hack gave Redmond a starter jacket? 4? They only got 9 more for academic fraud, recruiting violations, booster involvement, lack of institutional control? Basically the worst shit since SMU and they will be done with scholarship penalties after this recruiting cycle.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Even Steve Robertson agrees the scholarship reduction is a joke and will be a bump in the road for them. Said so on Boneyard. It?s ridiculous. The NCAA is a complete joke.

It doesn't matter what the scholarship reduction is when you can only pick from Sun Belt leftovers. So they can have 72 Sun Belt and SWAC players instead of 50 doesn't make them any better to handle an SEC West schedule. Dead is dead. You don't need extra super positively dead to be anymore dead than dead already is.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 03:15 PM
No one is insecure about Ole Miss. I wish we didn't talk about them at all on this message board. These two sentences contradict each other. If you aren't insecure about Ole Miss you don't give a **** what is said on this message board about Ole Miss. I'll talk about them all day cause they dead and it gives me opportunity to remind them how dead they are. If they want to read about how dead they are than go right ahead. Hotty Toddy y'alls football program is retardy.

Dawgface
Down a couple of years and they will be back to top 15 recruiting classes. It's better than nothing but won't cripple them as we thought.

Bully13
there's no way you can say the network has not put on the brakes. going from top 5 and 10 to the 70's proves that. was that due to the cloud hanging over? now that the verdict is in, is the network going to fire their engines back up? we will soon see.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 03:16 PM
Easy ..If Nick remained in the egg bowl would Aj brown even have mattered.

No!

That's recruiting in a nutshell.

cheewgumm
12-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Ole Miss will soon be paying players again, and doing other things. This verdict means they really don?t have anything to fear. So ?the network ? will be back on business, probably within a week.

Al of you are fooling yoursees if you think this is bad for them. It?s a freaking gift.

You'll See soon enough.

HoopsDawg
12-01-2017, 03:20 PM
there's no way you can say the network has not put on the brakes. going from top 5 and 10 to the 70's proves that. was that due to the cloud hanging over? now that the verdict is in, is the network going to fire their engines back up? we will soon see.

Yes, the cloud has hurt them this year. But after this class they will back to business as usual. Dead would have been 30 scholarships. More like a broken bone. Oh well, we just need to focus on us.

drunkernhelldawg
12-01-2017, 03:22 PM
Our recruits to me was not the problem. We have had successful recruits. It was it took fundamentals 3 years to learn or all the ins and outs of D switches. The offense had been scoring, the line was fair to good this year but they are our recruits. I thought it was the coaching of the special teams, field goals, tackling defense situations or revolving door of coaches the problem. Dak didn't do anything but pass his senior and junior years

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I am still hugely disappointed by our performance at the end of the Bama game. Maybe that wasn't coaching. But soldiers sure do need a leader when suck it up time rolls around.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Ole Miss will soon be paying players again, and doing other things. This verdict means they really don?t have anything to fear. So ?the network ? will be back on business, probably within a week.

Al of you are fooling yoursees if you think this is bad for them. It?s a freaking gift.

You'll See soon enough.

Um they will be on probation. They start paying players again they risk death penalty. How long can they not **** up again?? The death penalty y'all are wanting was never coming this time around it's when they get cocky again and **** up while on probation. That's when it comes. Y'all are wanting your Christmas present too early. Let the idiots be idiots and you'll get your wish in the long run.

defiantdog
12-01-2017, 03:24 PM
Matt Luke is their coach..... Brown and company will never play in a bowl game because they?ll all enter the draft early. They have no one replacing them after next year. They?re in trouble. If anything, the NCAA had pity on them.

DudyDawg
12-01-2017, 03:27 PM
Whose Ole Miss gonna beat in the SEC in the next five years during an actual game?? Maybe Vanderbilt once or twice in five years but that's it.

Nick Saban
Jimbo Fisher
Gus Malzahn
Joe Moorhead
LSU
Arkansas

If Arkansas totally ****s up their hire they might be able to stay within 3 touchdowns of them. Outside that they have no shot to beat anyone for a long time so a record of 4-36 doesn't look so hot to any recruits when Ole Miss might start thinking about not being dead anymore.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA they will win more than 4 NEXT YEAR

Dawgology
12-01-2017, 03:28 PM
It doesn't matter what the scholarship reduction is when you can only pick from Sun Belt leftovers. So they can have 72 Sun Belt and SWAC players instead of 50 doesn't make them any better to handle an SEC West schedule. Dead is dead. You don't need extra super positively dead to be anymore dead than dead already is.

Why do you think this? There is no unknown cloud of NCAA investigation now. They will sign who they want. It’s a reduction of about 4 players for the next two years once it’s all said and done. That’s nothing. That’s MSU numbers right now lmao. These sanctions are nothing.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Did not realize MSU fans were this scared of Ole Miss. Guess we are the little brother.

DudyDawg
12-01-2017, 03:33 PM

Lol so comparing OM to previous precedent and pointing out how their punishments dont measure up is little dick mentality?? Idiotic

DudyDawg
12-01-2017, 03:34 PM
Did not realize MSU fans were this scared of Ole Miss. Guess we are the little brother.

Pointing out the lack of punishment and someone's opinion of their program when it compares to ours are not mutually exclusive....

Coursesuper
12-01-2017, 03:36 PM
Um they will be on probation. They start paying players again they risk death penalty. How long can they not **** up again?? The death penalty y'all are wanting was never coming this time around it's when they get cocky again and **** up while on probation. That's when it comes. Y'all are wanting your Christmas present too early. Let the idiots be idiots and you'll get your wish in the long run.

I appreciate your vigor here but you couldn’t be more wrong. They will continue to do what they’ve always done it will check up out of state but in this state they will spare no expense and nothing will be done about it. If we are the ones to turn them it will go nowhere just like if they turn us it will go nowhere. This is just s bump in the road for them, and a small one at that.

redstickdawg

Why do you say they risk the death penalty? The ncaa today proved that hey have no interest in enforcing their own rules and as such it is open season 24/7/365 on recruiting for them. There were no penalties released today, only a finger wagging. They will have a very highly ranked class in '19, likely top 10.

Dawg61
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA they will win more than 4 NEXT YEAR

Yea I'll take that bet. Ole Miss isn't going better than 4-4 in the SEC next year which is what you just annoyingly guaranteed. Bookmark this post.

DudyDawg
12-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Yea I'll take that bet. Ole Miss isn't going better than 4-4 in the SEC next year which is what you just annoyingly guaranteed. Bookmark this post.

My apologies, didnt realize you meant just SEC... they will win 2 or 3, and certainly wont be 4-36 any time soon.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 03:40 PM
Why do you say they risk the death penalty? The ncaa today proved that hey have no interest in enforcing their own rules and as such it is open season 24/7/365 on recruiting for them. There were no penalties released today, only a finger wagging. They will have a very highly ranked class in '19, likely top 10.

The 4 years probation is what y'all are missing here. The NCAA knows they will go back to cheating right away. They get busted under probation they are really ****ed. It's like driving 120mph in a school zone. I am telling y'all Ole Miss is dead as a football program for minimum five years and that's IF they behave and we all know they won't so they are probably looking at a full decade of shitty football coming down the pipe. Moorhead is going to bury them even further with this advantage he's been handed over them in recruiting this state and surrounding areas.

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2017, 03:41 PM
Why do you think this? There is no unknown cloud of NCAA investigation now. They will sign who they want. It’s a reduction of about 4 players for the next two years once it’s all said and done. That’s nothing. That’s MSU numbers right now lmao. These sanctions are nothing.

Don ******* regularly kept us 4 schollies below the limit. If they get the bowl ban reversed then they also don't have transfers. They will ratchet back on their recruiting and just go back to buying the CJ Johnsons of MS. If this is all they got with one of their players admitting at the NFL draft that the coaches pay them regularly then they aren't scarred.

The only way this isn't a problem is if the NCAA is still actively investigating them.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 03:43 PM
My apologies, didnt realize you meant just SEC... they will win 2 or 3, and certainly wont be 4-36 any time soon.

They continue to win their OOC games cause they have control over who they play. 4-36 is an exaggeration most likely but I bet they don't win more than ten SEC games total in the next five years. It's going to be bad guys. Relax.

DudyDawg
12-01-2017, 03:46 PM
They continue to win their OOC games cause they have control over who they play. 4-36 is an exaggeration most likely but I bet they don't win more than ten SEC games total in the next five years. It's going to be bad guys. Relax.

I'd take the over 10... I'm not worried about them. Moorhead is a great hire and Luke isnt worth his weight in salary, much less 3 mil. However, if you look at USC and OSU, they clearly got off with a slap on the wrist... Especially Rev Freeze... I'm sure he called Cinnamon, Desire, and Trixie over to celebrate after hearing his punishments

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 03:50 PM
I'd take the over 10... I'm not worried about them. Moorhead is a great hire and Luke isnt worth his weight in salary, much less 3 mil. However, if you look at USC and OSU, they clearly got off with a slap on the wrist... Especially Rev Freeze... I'm sure he called Cinnamon, Desire, and Trixie over to celebrate after hearing his punishments

Bust them again during probation and it'll be scorched earth for Ole Miss football next time. Perhaps the NCAA is smarter than y'all are giving them credit.

vv83
12-01-2017, 03:52 PM
Bust them again during probation and it'll be scorched earth for Ole Miss football next time. Perhaps the NCAA is smarter than y'all are giving them credit.

They arent

DudyDawg
12-01-2017, 03:54 PM

Lol.... I'll believe that when I see it. Just like they were supposed to go scorched earth on this one.

HoopsDawg
12-01-2017, 03:55 PM

LOLOL. Wow, you really are naive.

Activated Alpha
12-01-2017, 03:56 PM

Yeah trust me, no one is giving them credit

redstickdawg
12-01-2017, 03:57 PM
The 4 years probation is what y'all are missing here. The NCAA knows they will go back to cheating right away. They get busted under probation they are really ****ed. It's like driving 120mph in a school zone. I am telling y'all Ole Miss is dead as a football program for minimum five years and that's IF they behave and we all know they won't so they are probably looking at a full decade of shitty football coming down the pipe. Moorhead is going to bury them even further with this advantage he's been handed over them in recruiting this state and surrounding areas.

So to paraphrase, you have faith that the ncaa is going to change course and start enforcing their rules. Permit me to laugh, what have they done that would provide evidence that they are going to miraculously change their methods and start reading the rule book? USCw got worse penalties for lesser violations in the Reggie Bush saga. om wasproven to do far more and got self imposed penalties that are absolutely meaningless.

Spiderman
12-01-2017, 04:04 PM

Bingo

archdawg
12-01-2017, 04:10 PM

That's not saying too much, he's got alot of weight...**

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2017, 04:10 PM
Bingo

Hell, didn't they get AJ Brown while they were being investigated? How inept are they to see a freshman roll up in a brand new Charger that was probably bought with cash and no proof where it came from?

BulldogBacker
12-01-2017, 04:13 PM

Loss of a few scholarships is not stopping the network. During their lower recruiting years, they will have a half dozen or more 3-4 Star walkons. They kids get their educations paid for, just not by the University of Mississippi
!

War Machine Dawg
12-01-2017, 04:13 PM
Why do you think this? There is no unknown cloud of NCAA investigation now. They will sign who they want. It?s a reduction of about 4 players for the next two years once it?s all said and done. That?s nothing. That?s MSU numbers right now lmao. These sanctions are nothing.

B-I-N-G-O. We've self-imposed this many scholarship losses by not signing enough players the last few years and were close to being a legit contender this year. They skated. No other way to spin today's "sanctions." They'll hurt for a couple of years just because of the investigation cloud the last 2 years, but that's gone now. They'll fly under the radar and keep the cheating in state minus 1-2 players, then it'll be business as usual. The NCAA exposed itself as having no serious intention of enforcing its rules. Even the "investigation cloud" will be a joke from now on.

Coursesuper
12-01-2017, 04:23 PM
B-I-N-G-O. We've self-imposed this many scholarship losses by not signing enough players the last few years and were close to being a legit contender this year. They skated. No other way to spin today's "sanctions." They'll hurt for a couple of years just because of the investigation cloud the last 2 years, but that's gone now. They'll fly under the radar and keep the cheating in state minus 1-2 players, then it'll be business as usual. The NCAA exposed itself as having no serious intention of enforcing its rules. Even the "investigation cloud" will be a joke from now on.

BINGO!! This is what is going on today and will happen in the future.

DudyDawg
12-01-2017, 04:29 PM
That's not saying too much, he's got alot of weight...**

I thought about making a joke about which would be more, but Luke ate it.

BB30
12-01-2017, 05:57 PM
Seems like a bunch of yall feel we can only have success if OM is hit with penalties? Thats just not factual. Would it have been nice for them to get hammered, yea. But they didn't who gaf. I still bet we clean house in state next year and finish with a much better class this year. We have more talent at every single position on the field except for WR. Take that in and think about it. We will be building depth/ trying to add a couple true play makers here and there while they are trying to lay a foundation of decent talent at every single position except for WR. It is going to take a lot of time to build talent at every position. They are losing virtually every play maker they have on both sides of the ball after next year.

They also have Matt Luke as a HC and a bunch of scrubs as coordinators/position coaches.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 06:07 PM
Seems like a bunch of yall feel we can only have success if OM is hit with penalties? Thats just not factual. Would it have been nice for them to get hammered, yea. But they didn't who gaf. I still bet we clean house in state next year and finish with a much better class this year. We have more talent at every single position on the field except for WR. Take that in and think about it. We will be building depth/ trying to add a couple true play makers here and there while they are trying to lay a foundation of decent talent at every single position except for WR. It is going to take a lot of time to build talent at every position. They are losing virtually every play maker they have on both sides of the ball after next year.

They also have Matt Luke as a HC and a bunch of scrubs as coordinators/position coaches.

Yup way too many of y'alls happiness and confidence rests with how shitty Ole Miss is doing. Only you can break that cycle. That's your choice though if you want to break it. It means doing something you just might not be prepared to do just yet. Stop giving a shit about Ole Miss.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 06:26 PM
Yup way too many of y'alls happiness and confidence rests with how shitty Ole Miss is doing. Only you can break that cycle. That's your choice though if you want to break it. It means doing something you just might not be prepared to do just yet. Stop giving a shit about Ole Miss.

The thing about that is to be the best in the state we have to beat them more often than not. It's just the way it is right or wrong. I think it's OK to focus on them but in doing so we have to beat them.

Mimi's Babies
12-01-2017, 06:30 PM

These idiots have not STOPPED... Have proof.... they will never stop....

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 06:30 PM
The thing about that is to be the best in the state we have to beat them more often than not. It's just the way it is right or wrong. I think it's OK to focus on them but in doing so we have to beat them.

We are the best in the state. Some of y'all (not saying you Todd) need to leave the trees surrounding you and stand on the mountain for a bit and look around at the rest of the scenery. You get too caught up in the trees staring you directly in the face and you can't see the rest of the forrest. We brought in an offensive genius to beat everyone in the country not to just fixate on beating the Martha's Vineyards 100 miles up the road.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 06:31 PM

Honestly- with Dan's recruiting and they way he did it that may actually be true. We have a new coach who seems to prioritize recruiting much more than Dan did. If we're being honest here- Dan's recruiting was as much of a problem as it was Ole Miss paying players off.

Like AJ Brown- OK, let's say his Dad or whoever goes to Dan and asks for money. Dan says no- as he should. But instead of telling him to hit the road completely Dan should could have maybe called a local booster who could have helped us get him using some kind of covert language like "Todd, you need to talk to this guy" and the booster knows what that means and Dan isn't directly involving himself or implicating himself in any way. There are ways around things without an intricate Network in place.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 06:34 PM
We are the best in the state. Some of y'all (not saying you Todd) need to leave the trees surrounding you and stand on the mountain for a bit and look around at the rest of the scenery. You get too caught up in the trees staring you directly in the face and you can't see the rest of the forrest. We brought in an offensive genius to beat everyone in the country not to just fixate on beating the Martha's Vineyards 100 miles up the road.

Absolutely agree that we are the best in the state- but we have to have the results on the field that say so. That's why Ole Miss freaked out when Dan beat them three years in a row. It's an arms race right now between the two of us now that USM has been displaced by the power five football culture that is around right now. And as it is we have to take advantage of this opportunity and dominate them on the field.

Bully13
12-01-2017, 06:36 PM
gonna be interesting to see how tsun finishes this crootin' season. lots of folks here are saying tsun will continue to cheat as normal, just not on a national scale.

they are now on probation. officially today. they are total shit without the network running full throttle. we will have answers as to whether or not probation slows the network down soon enough.. if the croots looking for cash are more interested in money than anything else, then why are tsun's crootin' numbers sucking right now so bad? seems like the network is laying low if you ask me. if the network lays low, then they will continue to falter.

I see bright days ahead for MSU.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 06:37 PM
Absolutely agree that we are the best in the state- but we have to have the results on the field that say so. That's why Ole Miss freaked out when Dan beat them three years in a row. It's an arms race right now between the two of us now that USM has been displaced by the power five football culture that is around right now. And as it is we have to take advantage of this opportunity and dominate them on the field.

Everyone is giving us a pass for losing in the Egg Bowl cause Ole Miss cheap shotted Fitz 5 minutes into the game. Everyone is aware we are the better program. Look at our recruiting classes and add in the sanctions and it's clear as day we are set up to dominate this state for the next five years. Enjoy it.

Todd4State
12-01-2017, 06:42 PM
Everyone is giving us a pass for losing in the Egg Bowl cause Ole Miss cheap shotted Fitz 5 minutes into the game. Everyone is aware we are the better program. Look at our recruiting classes and add in the sanctions and it's clear as day we are set up to dominate this state for the next five years. Enjoy it.

I also agree. But I remember a time that we were in a similar situation and didn't take advantage of it.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Well yes, Nick one of our absolute best and KT being a true freshman, right out of high school. Not IMG or wherever. Ta'amu was a junior or has started college games. That's why I was just happy to watch them after Nick was hurt. Which KT, himself would probably say, no excuses but it all clicked with a bit of confidence from OM getting into penalties.

Which tells me that KT was just thrown into the big game. It was a hostile game.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 06:48 PM
4 and 1/2 quarters, KT would have won!!

I'm not blaming KT but the offense just didn't click for a good portion of the game for whatever reason.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 08:19 PM
I also agree. But I remember a time that we were in a similar situation and didn't take advantage of it.

We got a new coach. Time for everyone to have a fresh mindset. Leave the bad feelings from bad MSU teams behind.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 08:24 PM
We got a new coach. Time for everyone to have a fresh mindset. Leave the bad feelings from bad MSU teams behind.

I agree, but don't forget what the Cheaters have done. Especially don't forget what they did to Fitz and what they tried to do to Key.

Dawg61
12-01-2017, 08:36 PM
I agree, but don't forget what the Cheaters have done. Especially don't forget what they did to Fitz and what they tried to do to Key.

Nobody is forgetting it

Bully13
12-01-2017, 08:40 PM

I will not forget. if we never play those 17's again I will lose no sleep.

tcdog70
12-01-2017, 09:03 PM
I agree. Just whip them every time we play them. Their bowl bans are going to be their own shittyness. I want to read about good things our program is doing. I think plenty of goodness is ahead.