PDA

View Full Version : If State does not get more aggressive in our "recruiting" then we just cant take a

cheewgumm
12-01-2017, 01:10 PM
hint.

I mean, come on!!!

Dont worry about the NCAA. They are toothless.

Ole Miss was right. It's ok to admit it now.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 01:12 PM
Dude........we will be popped before we can turn around, and a LOT harder than they were. That's just the way it is.

ScoobaDawg
12-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Everyone really needs to chill the f*ck out about cheating... First anyone talk about it here or anywhere else is a small time fish and if you get involved. you will burn us to the ground and If your name ever becomes public the MSU family will burn you to the ground.

Now someone put on a gas mask and go visit a cigar smoke filled room.

Turfdawg67
12-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Poor Coach Mo, he's about to deal with what Don Mulchen did. Recruits will be "flipped" at the last moment and the fans will start in on how we have to step up our recruiting to compete. The #network has their coach in place and the bagmen have been notified... "Let's get back to work boys".

Coach34
12-01-2017, 01:17 PM
I'm not signing up a for a 2 year bowl ban and an investigation that kills recruiting- no thanks

Turfdawg67
12-01-2017, 01:17 PM
Everyone really needs to chill the f*ck out about cheating... First anyone talk about it here or anywhere else is a small time fish and if you get involved. you will burn us to the ground and If your name ever becomes public the MSU family will burn you to the ground.

"Burn us to the ground"??? By who? The NCAA? LOL!!!

Coach34
12-01-2017, 01:19 PM
https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

72nd in the country- right behind Western Kentucky and Kansas

cheewgumm
12-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Their poor recruiting is about to change, in a flash. Mark my words.

TrapGame
12-01-2017, 01:21 PM
Poor Coach Mo, he's about to deal with what Don Mulchen did. Recruits will be "flipped" at the last moment and the fans will start in on how we have to step up our recruiting to compete. The #network has their coach in place and the bagmen have been notified... "Let's get back to work boys".

No, the Network is back to buying MS talent only. There's is no way in hell om will risk pulling in a top 20 class for the next two years at the very least. If they turn around after this and make some ridiculous haul in the top 10 to 15 range with studs from five states over the NCAA would be beyond suspicious.

I assure you the next two years they are going all in on MS kids to screw with CJM.

Coach34
12-01-2017, 01:23 PM

They have a bowl ban, sue former recruits, and record recruits- no its not

Bully13
12-01-2017, 01:30 PM

that's what I said earlier on another thread. the damage they've done to themselves throughout the process is far worse than this joke of a ruling. they are going to have a hard time crooting going forward with what they've done.

TrapGame
12-01-2017, 01:32 PM
that's what I said earlier on another thread. the damage they've done to themselves throughout the process is far worse than this joke of a ruling. they are going to have a hard time crooting going forward with what they've done.

And let's face it, Matt Luke as head coach is its own form of punishment.

Liverpooldawg
12-01-2017, 01:33 PM

No, it won't. They do have to be very careful for a while.

maroonmania
12-01-2017, 01:35 PM

Dude, the NCAA has shown that they aren't in the business of burning ANYONE to the ground anymore. Heck, the NCAA hands out stiffer penalties for current players getting $50 for an autograph than for any type of recruiting violations. NCAA making it pretty clear that they are down with giving recruits money to sign if you stay in your area and keep it within reason. Actually before this OM case its hard to remember any school much being given any penalties much for actual football recruiting violations. We should have seen this coming. Its no longer like it was in the late 90s where multiple SEC schools were on probation for recruiting issues.

Bully13
12-01-2017, 01:36 PM
No, it won't. They do have to be very careful for a while.

I'm leaning towards this opinion as well. I'm not believing that the network is getting ready to go full speed ahead for a while now.

Coursesuper
12-01-2017, 01:40 PM

They will ramp it up in state but watch themselves out of state, they will trim down but not stop.

Turfdawg67
12-01-2017, 01:41 PM
No, the Network is back to buying MS talent only. There's is no way in hell om will risk pulling in a top 20 class for the next two years at the very least. If they turn around after this and make some ridiculous haul in the top 10 to 15 range with studs from five states over the NCAA would be beyond suspicious.

I assure you the next two years they are going all in on MS kids to screw with CJM.

I never said nationally... it's the CJ Johnson "Merry Flipmas" all over again. I heard all this doom and gloom, that OM was gonna be down and out, back in the 90's too. Tubs and the network worked through it and at worse were 5-6.

Turfdawg67
12-01-2017, 01:43 PM
I'm leaning towards this opinion as well. I'm not believing that the network is getting ready to go full speed ahead for a while now.

We'll see... let's see our in-state dominance this year holds up. Wonder if OM will get any late flips?

TheWorkHersch
12-01-2017, 01:43 PM
hint.

I mean, come on!!!

Dont worry about the NCAA. They are toothless.

Ole Miss was right. It's ok to admit it now.

The fact is we thought it’d be worse and it wasn’t. But if we received the same punishment we’d be furious. We should not, and will not do what Mississippi’s boosters did. Get back to supporting our new coach and be happy that our future is bright and our brand is rising. Theirs is not.

AlSwearengen
12-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Just remind recruits that olemiss will tape their conversations and then sue them if they sign someplace else. That will hurt them more than sanctions.

MeridianDog
12-01-2017, 01:55 PM

I know Coach doesn't allow up votes on posts, but this deserves an upvote for sound thinking.

If you sincerely want to do something, offer a recruit a signed contract for a $100,000 a year job in your public relations dept. with a 10 year no fire clause after he graduates, or flunks out after 4 years of play. I think that is legal and equates to a million dollar offer.

I would sign with MSU for that. and it shows you are not just beating your lips together.

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2017, 02:02 PM
And let's face it, Matt Luke as head coach is its own form of punishment.

Boom. That is for sure. I am not sure why Hugh Freeze hasn't been contacted about UM OC position or TN coaching position. Maybe he has as of 10:30 this morning. Two conference games are a complete shit show. Hell Mullen was straight up missing in three of our this past year and we went on without missing a beat.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 02:38 PM
i think Moorhead and Huff are miles above what OM can do. Moorhead has talent in speaking or communicating and seems very trustworthy compared to ole miss sell the guys out if we gotta save ourselves.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 02:40 PM
And OM may get kicked out of the league if they pay everybody the next 4 years.

Turfdawg67
12-01-2017, 02:45 PM
And OM may get kicked out of the league if they pay everybody the next 4 years.

Well after 4 years of investigation, the NCAA couldn't prove they "paid" anyone... so don't hold your breath

BB30
12-01-2017, 02:47 PM
OM is going to be garbage for quite a while, not as long as we would have liked but 2-3 really bad classes in this league sets you back pretty good top that with Matt Luke as the HC and it will be bad. Once AJ and Metcalf go to the NFL they will literally have zero offense. Those two were their offense.

codeDawg
12-01-2017, 03:06 PM
OM is going to be garbage for quite a while, not as long as we would have liked but 2-3 really bad classes in this league sets you back pretty good top that with Matt Luke as the HC and it will be bad. Once AJ and Metcalf go to the NFL they will literally have zero offense. Those two were their offense.

This year Gates, Wunderlich, Hampton, Haynes, Pack, and Taylor are all gone. The guys that will be Sophs and Freshmen next year are all garbage. They have some players this year because they have been cheating. It will take a year for it to wind it's way out.

The other thing is that if you read what came out today the NCAA make it clear that there was a pattern for many years of booster involvement and that Ole Miss has to clean it up. There have been promises made to get to what we saw today and there will be eyes making sure it happens. This is the long term impact.

Commercecomet24
12-01-2017, 03:08 PM

This is all that needs to be said! 100% dead on!

cheewgumm
12-01-2017, 03:09 PM
Got off easy. It?s crystal clear.