PDA

View Full Version : Leo really got screwed over...

Coach34
12-01-2017, 01:08 PM
dragged over the coals for that? Plus still has BS to deal with. Wasnt worth it NCAA

HancockCountyDog
12-01-2017, 01:09 PM
dragged over the coals for that? Plus still has BS to deal with. Wasnt worth it NCAA

They did not have his back. Now facing BS lawsuits as a result. Job well done NCAA.

IT was a ****ing clown show.

PMDawg
12-01-2017, 01:13 PM
No players will take "immunity" for quite a while.

parabrave
12-01-2017, 01:21 PM

This all day.

maroonmania
12-01-2017, 01:25 PM

Exactly, the penalties for OM should have been WAY worse than they are even if you just threw out ALL of the LL and KJ stuff. Really, what was the point of making LL come to the COI and testify?

Commercecomet24
12-01-2017, 01:28 PM
Yep. The NCAA is done. Millions of dollars spent on this lol. From now on athletes just gonna say I don?t know nothing about nothing.

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Leo got screwed regardless, they shouldn't release any player names regardless and just tear down the responsible boosters, coaches etc. anyone who did deserves an ass kicking

I_Spy
12-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Or the NCAA should make example out of schools, coaches, boosters not students or student athletes

Political Hack
12-01-2017, 01:38 PM
I told y’all a week or three back that this is the beginning of the end for the NCAA. P5 is going to break away at some point.

msudawglb
12-01-2017, 01:41 PM
Leo got screwed regardless, they shouldn't release any player names regardless and just tear down the responsible boosters, coaches etc. anyone who did deserves an ass kicking

The NCAA didn't release any players names. Ole Miss leaked it to their media posers and then those guys put it into print.

msstatelp1
12-01-2017, 01:50 PM
The NCAA didn't release any players names. Ole Miss leaked it to their media posers and then those guys put it into print.

And absolutely nothing was done about it.

HossDawg97
12-01-2017, 02:00 PM

Today has shown that cooperation with the NCAA is a foolish move on a player's part. Your name gets leaked, your reputation smeared, delusional nut-jobs makes threats against you, and it adds up to basically nothing.

TXDawg
12-01-2017, 02:03 PM

You do realize that the COI actually agreed with both of the allegations concerning Leo (Booster paid $10K and free gear from RR), right? They just decided the 13 scholarships was enough of a penalty for 15 Level I violations.

The letter from the COI was scathing. The penalties were less than a slap on the wrist.

maroonmania
12-01-2017, 02:05 PM
You do realize that the COI actually agreed with both of the allegations concerning Leo (Booster paid $10K and free gear from RR), right? They just decided the 13 scholarships was enough of a penalty for 15 Level I violations.

The letter from the COI was scathing. The penalties were less than a slap on the wrist.

Exactly, I would say this is like a jury that convicts someone of first degree murder and the judge hands down a 1 year sentence. Another thing this proves is that is doesn't hurt you a bit if you are a school that doesn't want to cooperate with the NCAA investigation. OM probably came out much better in this being uncooperative.

MeridianDog
12-01-2017, 02:07 PM
The rule has always been to say, "I know nothing." and Leo knew that.

I will never be convinced that the NCAA didn't have something on him to induce testimony. Hopefully all of this dies out in a month or so and we et down to business of becoming a factor in the SEC West.

The only things important now are LSU, Alabama and Auburn and the lesser programs, like OM who can ruin your year as surely as USM when you take them for granted, or find your coach making notes about what to pack in which box all game long.

Coursesuper
12-01-2017, 02:09 PM
I told y’all a week or three back that this is the beginning of the end for the NCAA. P5 is going to break away at some point.

This is true. The NCAA is toothless and feeble. It’s done as an organization the P5 will break off and make rules that will turn it into a free for all.

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2017, 02:13 PM
Exactly, I would say this is like a jury that convicts someone of first degree murder and the judge hands down a 1 year sentence. Another thing this proves is that is doesn't hurt you a bit if you are a school that doesn't want to cooperate with the NCAA investigation. OM probably came out much better in this being uncooperative.

Auburn also fought the NCAA over Cam Newton payments and got away with it. MSU got hit almost as hard over some tires held for a few hours and a buddy giving his friend $20 for lunch. We are obviously dumbasses when it comes to dealing with the NCAA.

Johnson85
12-01-2017, 02:26 PM
The rule has always been to say, "I know nothing." and Leo knew that.

I will never be convinced that the NCAA didn't have something on him to induce testimony. Hopefully all of this dies out in a month or so and we et down to business of becoming a factor in the SEC West.

The only things important now are LSU, Alabama and Auburn and the lesser programs, like OM who can ruin your year as surely as USM when you take them for granted, or find your coach making notes about what to pack in which box all game long.

Have you not been paying attention? Yes, they had something on him. They didn't ask him out of the blue if he had anything he wanted to report. They came and said we have this information on you. You can either cooperate to corroborate what we already know and have immunity provided you tell the truth, or we can continue investigating and we'll see if we feel comfortable that we have enough evidence to make you ineligible.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2017, 02:32 PM
I am pretty sure the law suit mentally effected his play on the field.

bulldawg28
12-01-2017, 02:37 PM
I am pretty sure the law suit mentally effected his play on the field.

This