PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss still ranked in AP

blacklistedbully
09-29-2013, 11:34 AM
Good Lord, I don't get this one. Yeah, they lost to the #1, but for Pete's sake, they were held scoreless and to just 11 first downs, and to just 208 yards of offense against a team that has given up a TON to good teams. Bama is the ONLY good team they've played, and they couldn't even come close to the point spread. How in the hell does anyone still think those turkey's are a Top 25 team?

This media love affair is uncanny.

Coach34
09-29-2013, 11:35 AM
what's one more week matter? Auburn will finish them off

blacklistedbully
09-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Tried to tell folks before the game that Ole Miss is once again over-hyped. I don't know why, but the media just wants to promote them for some reason. If I had to guess, I'd say they're looking for a rags-to-riches story so hard they're willing to embellish it considerably.

Ole Miss, a school with a tragic history, but one that included a period 4-5 decades ago of elite football, but now mired in nearly 5 decades of mediocrity at best, could be a story of redemption. See how they crawled from the pit of football despair made deeper because they were once elite, so have felt it a birth-right despite almost 50 years of not competing. What a story if said program could once again be an elite, NC-caliber team after spending so very long in the crapper.

It's the only thing I can think of, other than the fact that Tim Brando's daughter goes to Ole Miss, so he hypes them, and Pete Roussell is an Ole Miss grad himself.